Damaged » h. styles au

By zap1dx

✓ {needs editing. my apologies} "Don't fall in love with me... I'm too damaged for you" This is no kind of f... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 01 - Harry (Prologue)
Chapter 02 - Kirsten
Chapter 03 - Harry
Chapter 04 - Kirsten
Chapter 05 - Harry
Chapter 06 - Kirsten
Chapter 07 - Harry
Chapter 08 - Kirsten
Chapter 09 - Harry
Chapter 10 - Kirsten
Chapter 11 - Harry
Chapter 12 - Kirsten
Chapter 13 - Harry
Chapter 14 - Kirsten
Chapter 15 - Harry
Chapter 16 - Kirsten
Chapter 17 - Harry
Chapter 18 - Kirsten
Chapter 19 - Harry
Chapter 20 - Kirsten
Chapter 21 - Harry
Chapter 22 - Kirsten
Chapter 23 - Harry
Chapter 25 - Harry
Chapter 26 - Kirsten
Chapter 27 - Harry
Chapter 28 - Kirsten
Chapter 29 - Harry
Chapter 30 - Kirsten
Chapter 31 - Harry
Chapter 32 - Kirsten
Chapter 33 - Harry
Chapter 34 - Kirsten
Chapter 35 - Harry
Chapter 36 - Kirsten
Chapter 37 - Harry
Chapter 38 - Kirsten
Chapter 39 - Harry
Chapter 40 - Kirsten
Chapter 41 - Harry
Chapter 42 - Kirsten
Chapter 43 - Harry
Chapter 44 - Kirsten
Chapter 45 - Harry
Chapter 46 - Kirsten
Chapter 47 - Harry
Chapter 48 - Kirsten
Chapter 49 - Harry
Chapter 50 - Kirsten
Chapter 51 - Harry
Chapter 52 - Kirsten
Chapter 53 - Harry
Chapter 54 - Kirsten
Chapter 55 - Harry
Chapter 56 - Scarlett
Chapter 57 - Harry
Chapter 58 - Scarlett
Chapter 59 - Harry
Chapter 60 - Scarlett
Chapter 61 - Harry
Chapter 62 - Scarlett
Chapter 63 - Harry
Chapter 64 - Scarlett
Chapter 65 - Harry
Chapter 66 - Scarlett
Chapter 67 - Harry
Chapter 68 - Scarlett
Chapter 69 - Harry
Chapter 70 - Scarlett
Chapter 71 - Harry
Chapter 72 - Scarlett
Chapter 73 - Harry
Chapter 74 - Scarlett
Chapter 75 - Harry
Chapter 76 - Scarlett
Chapter 77 - Harry
Chapter 78 - Scarlett
Chapter 79 - Harry
Chapter 80 - Scarlett
Chapter 81 - Harry
Chapter 82 - Scarlett
Chapter 83 - Harry
Chapter 84 - Scarlett
Chapter 85 - Harry
Chapter 86 - Scarlett
Chapter 87 - Harry
Chapter 88 - Scarlett
Chapter 89 - Harry
Chapter 90 - Scarlett
Chapter 91 - Harry
Chapter 92 - Scarlett
Chapter 93 - Harry
Chapter 94 - Scarlett
Chapter 95 - Harry
Chapter 96 - Scarlett
Chapter 97 - Harry
Chapter 98 - Scarlett
EPILOGUE
Dear Readers

Chapter 24 - Kirsten

87.3K 935 213
By zap1dx

warning: this chapter needs to be rewritten. I'll work on it and as soon as I repost it, I'll let you know.

                                                                24.  

                                                          ●•Kirsten•●

Ugh! He’s an idiot. He’s stupid, and show off, and dumb, and an idiot! What kind of example was he giving Angel by jumping into her bedroom through the window? She’s ten years old, for God’s sake! Of course she would try to do the same! He might have huge legs, but she doesn’t, and it’s f–cking dangerous.

“Get down now, Evangeline! What do you think you’re doing?” I yelled, closing the door behind me and running towards her, not minding to push Styles away to get to her. He was even smiling, what the hell was going inside his mind? Jackass. “Don’t ever, ever do this again. If you ever try to copy this moron again you’ll end up screwed, what do you think you are? Spiderman? Sorry to disappoint you young one, you’re not. You’re not even as tall as his legs so just give up, okay?”

Instead of nodding in agreement and regret she just laughed, winking at Harry who bursted out in laughs as well. What was wrong with his brain?

I held Angel in my arms and put her back on the grass, this time walking towards Styles to slap him on the face, which only made him laugh harder. I repeated the same action, this time on his other cheek, but he just couldn’t stop. When I was about to slap him a third time he took hold of my wrists and looked me deep into the eyes, totally serious this time. For a few seconds, he said nothing, he just stared, and I tried to ignore the pulsing veins in my whole body.

“Calm, down,” he whispered, and I felt the air leaving my lungs all at once as I breathed out, trying to recompose. He just… Argh! He just reaches my nerves so easily.

“Angel, go to your room now,” I said, not looking at her. As I watched Harry’s grin, I knew what she was about to do, so I turned around and stared at her, completely serious. “Through the door.” And her smile widened, nodding. She was impossible at times. She really was. Once I was sure she was gone, I looked at Styles, getting rid of his hands this time. “First off, don’t ever touch me again. I’m done with it for tonight, okay? And second, are you retarded? She’s ten years old! There are a few things you can’t do near kids and climbing windows is one of them!”

He didn’t fight to hold my wrists again, but he stepped closer – too closer – and looked down at me murderously. I didn’t know what he was going to do, and it scared me, but there was something that glued my feet to the floor and I just stood there, wide eyes, staring back at him.

“Being hurt by a jackass is another,” he whispered, and at first, I felt my heart beating fast as sh–t, surprised by his words. I knew he was talking about Tyler, and I started wondering how could he know whether Ty hurt me or not. But then I realized: it’s none of his business! He didn’t have the right to get into my life and assume things he had no idea if they were real or not! I raised my hand again and slapped him harder this time.

“You stay out of my life, Styles. You do not know me and it’s not like you’re getting to do it,” my voice was nothing but a whisper, though it was dead serious. He noticed it, ‘cause the anger he had in his eyes when he mentioned my boyfriend was gone, and even if he tried to seem tough, I could see the shame on his look.

When I turned around to walk back into the house, I noticed Angel was leaning on the window again, staring at us with surprise, confusion and something else on her features. As soon as she noticed I was looking at her, she came back inside, closing the window behind her.

Dammit. I was tired as hell.

“Do not touch that, Angel. You’ll burn yourself,” I whispered, sighing, not able to go after her anymore. All of sudden I was exhausted, lying on the sofa barely breathing. It consumed too much of my energy doing so, and I didn’t have that much energy after all.

Thankfully, Styles walked towards her and dragged her out of the kitchen where I left the pot with the dinner warming on the stove. Sooner or later I’d have to stand up, but right now I could allow myself to rest a bit more.

We both had barely looked at each other since the argument outside about an hour ago, and to be honest, I was glad. Finally he’d realized where his place was, and definitely it wasn’t inside my life.     

I hated how he’d held me when I was about to leave because of him, and I still couldn’t understand why he looked so desperate while doing so. For a single moment, I could swear I’d seen him about to cry. And again, that led me to think he must have some mental issue. That guy is damaged and I don’t really care why. I just don’t want him near, I don’t wanna have to see him. And I don’t care what the chills on my body say. To be honest, I know I only felt them to start with because of the contrast of temperature between his hands and my skin. That’s all. It has to be that.

The only one who gives me chills is Tyler, and well, he knows how to do that pretty well, if you know what I mean. He’s the only one, my only one, and also the only man who’s allowed to touch me. I don’t want Styles holding me again, and if that ever gets to happen once more, I’ll probably teach his balls not to mess with me. I’m dead serious about this. That guy has no decency at all! Who gave him the right to talk about my man, my life, and my relationship with Angel? Whatever she sees at my house, it’s not of his business. And just for the records, what happens between me and Tyler stays between me and Tyler. So Styles better don’t think he can put his finger on it, ‘cause he can’t.

“Kirsten,” I heard his voice calling, and I felt like punching him really hard. Instead, I just rolled my eyes, annoyed, and glared daggers at him.

“What now?”

“The food,” he said, and I nodded. I’d completely forgotten. All his fault!

Standing up from the sofa, I felt my head throbbing and the urge to lie down again took over me, but I just pushed it aside. Angel would have dinner, take a shower, then sleep, and I’d be free. She was dead hungry and when that happens, she eats like an animal. Especially when it comes to my food. She truly adores it.

“Little kangaroo, dinner is ready,” I said out loud, putting the plate on the table. In a matter of seconds she was next to me, with her knife and fork already between her fingers. I walked back to the living room and left her there, knowing she wouldn’t mind to eat alone.

“Hey, uhn…” the curly guy showed up next to me, and I closed my eyes, praying he’d leave me alone. “Would you mind if I eat as well? Haven’t eaten anything since lunch and…”

“Whatever. I don’t care.”

He nodded at my words, still unsure whether that was a ‘yes’ or a ‘no’. After a while, he just decided to join Angel, and finally, I was left alone back on the sofa. Didn’t last much, though, ‘cause soon they were both back, laughing too loud for my taste. Couldn’t they see I wasn’t on the mood for that? My head was aching as hell, but no one seemed to care. Well, that until Styles looked at me and his smile disappeared. He looked at Angel and made a sign for her to stay quiet and then go shower, and she happily obeyed.

Why did he make everything look so easy to do? If I’d been the one who asked her to go showering she would start running all around the house until I caught her and dragged her to the bathroom. What did he have so special to make her like him that much? Or maybe she was just doing that to tease me. Either way, it bothered me. I didn’t like Harry, he was messing up my whole life. And I made sure to let him know that as he sat next to me on the sofa.

“I don’t like you,” I whispered along with a sigh, and he giggled, finally relaxing. Why was I talking? Sh–t, I was nearly sleeping with my eyes opened.

“I kinda noticed that,” he stopped giggling, but the smile was still on his lips and I didn’t need to look at him to know it; I could feel it on his voice. He sighed after a minute of silence, and I forced myself to turn my head to his side. He was still smiling, like an idiot, but I must admit his smile was quite something. The guy’s got nice teeth and lips, not mentioning the cute dimples that constantly showed up whenever his mouth moved too much. “I’m no showcase for you to stare,” he said for the second time today, this time with a rougher voice, and for a second I thought he was being serious; that until I remembered what I’d said to him the last time he did that.

Styles seemed to notice as well, ‘cause he started laughing really hard a few seconds later, apparently having fun with my reaction.

“Did I do it right this time?” he asked seriously, as if trying to really learn something. I wish I could slap him again, but I was too tired to stand up and do such a thing.

“This is not funny, curly” I said in a rude and tired tone of voice, but he just smiled again, looking at me way too intently, and I could almost hear his thoughts. Too bad it was an ‘almost’. Or maybe that was a privilege, ‘cause I was seriously fearing what I might have heard.

Styles taught I was attractive, he had said that himself the last time we “hung out” (you better consider those quotation marks) together, but that was not why he stared at me all the time. It was annoying, but not only that, he was also making me think there was something wrong with my appearance. The way he stares at me is like as if he could see something in me that no one else can, and it scares me. I know that look. It’s the same way I looked at boys when I was young and as dumb as a rock, and it scares me. Deluded girls have that look. And again, that makes me question his sexuality. He’s so gentle, and smiley, and the funny-type all the time I’m seriously starting to think he’s gay.

Or…

It’s happening. I thought my words were pure bullsh–t because I was uncomfortable, and he just kept staring, and I needed to make him stop. Right after I uttered those words, I regretted them right away. “Don’t fall in love with me, I’m too damaged for you”. I wasn’t supposed to mean that. I didn’t!

But right now it seemed like he was, indeed, starting to like me, not only the fact that he gets to annoy me pretty easily. I don’t need a girly guy falling for me. I have Tyler, and I’m happy with him. I don’t need another person in my life, and even if I wanted, Styles wouldn’t be on the top of the list. No way that would happen. But he couldn’t back off, he couldn’t leave me alone when certainly I showed him I didn’t like him at all. I hate him, and he should know that by now. I’d just said that, but he took it as an advantage to make little conversation again.

Maybe I was just too sleepy to sound serious, but I was. Dead serious! For tonight I had already enough of him, and it felt like I couldn’t breathe whenever he was near. When he walks away I literally breathe out as though I hadn’t done that in decades, and it’s not normal. People don’t get this kind of reaction from me. So it can only mean Styles’ bad. I gotta keep my distance, whether he keeps pushing further or not. And he probably will.

“You’re silent again,” he said, and I rolled my eyes, just like I do whenever I’m near him. 

“Leave me alone, I’m tired,” and with that, he nodded and looked forward, giving me space. Oh well, thanks God he decided to do that, because let me tell you something, it really gets uncomfortable when someone is looking at you all the time.

Angel walked out the bathroom, and just then I realized she was the reason why he wasn’t looking at me anymore. Well, at least she got to distract Styles instead of talking about him non-stop. That was becoming an annoying habit of hers, and just like the curly, I couldn’t stop her. Those two had to have some kind of pact to make me run out of patience.

“Okay, Angel. Time to go to bed. I’ll be there in a minute,” I said, ready to stand up, but Styles rested his hands on my legs and shook his head.

“I’ll go. Just stay there,” and then he stood up, walking towards Angel. I looked as he lay next to her on bed, pulling the covers over them and hugging her tightly while singing her to sleep. Was that serious? He was singing for her to sleep? I wish I could do that, but my voice sucked, and Angel made sure to tell me that the only time I attempted to do exactly what he was doing now.

Damn you, Styles.

“Here, take it,” he threw a blanket at me and I just looked at him, confused. I wasn’t even feeling cold.

“Thanks,” I said, too tired to tell him to leave me alone and stop paying attention on me. Instead, I just watched as he turned on the TV and sat next to me again, while I covered myself and adjusted my throbbing body on the sofa. That sh–t was really uncomfortable to be lying on, you know? “How do you do that?” I caught myself asking him, not really thinking about my actions. That’s why I hated talking to people while verging on my sleep.

“What?” he asked, truly confused. Maybe it was just my nearly asleep brain, but the way he furrowed his eyebrows was kinda funny. God, I felt like drunk.

“Getting her to sleep so easily. It takes decades for me to do that. Actually, it takes decades for me to do anything to her. You’re a better babysit than I am, time to face it,” I admitted, feeling my cheeks flushing a bit. I just pulled the cover over my head for a sec, but Styles brought it down again.

“I already told you I’m not taking your place. She loves you,” his words seemed real, and this time he had no show off grins playing on his lips. He meant it. I just nodded. “And, well. Let’s say I have a nice voice to make people fall asleep. Most people at uni sleep when I’m doing speeches, either way. I guess it’s a gift.”

Unconsciously, I giggled, not sure why I did so.

“I can sing for you to sleep if you want to,” he offered, and this time I glared daggers at him. No way!

“Just shut up. I’m done with your voice for today. I’m done with your voice for a long time, to be honest.”

“Ouch,” he put his hand on his chest, faking a knife stabbing it, and for a second I wished it was actually happening. I wouldn’t have to deal with him anymore if it did so.

After that, we just stayed silent. The curly focused on whatever was going on TV, and I closed my eyes, enjoying that moment of peace. My eyes were weighting so damn much it actually felt like they were glued to my skin, so I didn’t try to separate it. All I know is that soon after – I don’t know how long it took me to do so – I fell asleep, oblivious to whatever was going on where I was.

●•Author's Note•●

dedication goes to:  @staybeyoutiful :) Thanks for believing me love, and I'm really glad you're enjoying this that much.

note: First off, I wanted to thank you all for the comments! I just can't stop smiling at them. It was so hard to pick just one person to dedicate this chapter to because all of your comments were amazing. Welcome to all the new readers, and I'm glad you're liking it! And also, thanks to everyone who said someday I'll become a huge writer. That's the best thing I can ever read and it makes me so freaking happy, you have no idea. So, thanks a lot.

About the chapter: AWHHHH. I love when they argue. And don't worry guys, you'll get your Karry kiss REALLY soon... Next chapter you'll see Harry's thoughts on their little argument and I'm sure you'll love it! So yeah...

next update: Tuesday (July 9th)

Keep up with the amazing comments, I love them all. Best one gets a dedication on next chapter. 140 votes for early update. Love you all, Dani xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

880K 24.3K 104
How can I, Emma Parker, possibly fall into the arms of my best friend, Harry Styles, if I can't even tell him the most crucial and defining parts of...
191K 4.7K 17
Louis had never wanted a relationship like this. Of course, he loved Harry - he loved the boy more than anything. And, at first, their relationship h...
87.8K 3.9K 16
You can do this! You are Louis Fucking Tomlinson for fuck sake. Louis eyes were closed. He was trying to concentrate on the task before him. Task...
20.1K 1.2K 30
Revenge. A beautiful thing, isn't it? Louis wants nothing more than to get revenge for that awful thing that happened two years ago. But he can't, be...