The Girl Who Fell For Her Bes...

Galing kay renesmee09

Alexia had been obsessed with her best friend Angus for years. But when she finally decides to tell him about... Higit pa

The Girl Who Fell For Her Best Friend 1
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve

Chapter Six

2.1K 31 4
Galing kay renesmee09

Chapter Six... A Date

So Angus could go off and meet some bubbly blonde named Georgia? Well, I guess in our large school I could at least find a guy to take out on a date, right?

Except I was picky, comparing every guy I looked at to the one guy I was after.

"I see you checking out guys," Jade laughed at lunch. "Thought you were all hung up in Angus."

"I am, but he's dating some bimbo," I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, yes," she chuckled. "Georgia Stone. She's beautiful, yep. And totally his type. Except she's not a cheerleader... and she's not you."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Well, I know he likes you, too," she said slyly. "I mean, after all, it's the reason we broke up, isn't it? But he keeps picking other girls instead of sweeping you off of your feet... interesting."

"You guys broke up because you cheated on him," I said, looking at her blankly.

"Uh... because he likes you," she pointed out. "And I know that doesn't make it right, and I should have been nice enough to dump him, but... past history. You're obviously looking for a boyfriend, or else you wouldn't be scouring the cafeteria for anyone that might possibly catch your eye."

"Am I that obvious?" I frowned.

"Okay, so you're looking, but you're clearly being picky," she noted. "So ummm... maybe, if you'll let me, I can help you."

"How?" I asked, interested.

"Well, I'm friends with all of the guys at this school, pretty much," she began.

"Don't you mean you flirt with all of the guys at this school," I said harshly.

"Do you want my help or not?" she snapped.

"Okay, okay," I said. "I'm sorry. That was... bitchy. I guess I'm just used to being a total cow to you because you screwed over my best friend, but I'm desperate and you're not that bad of a person. So I wouls like your help."

"I'll set you up on a blind date," she said brightly. "And if all goes well, you might finally not be the only cheerleader at this school who's still a virgin."

"Hmm, I'm not that lucky," I smiled weakly.

"Well, some of these guys are just looking for some chick to get in their pants," she laughed. "Leave it to me. I know a couple that you might like."

"Thanks, Jade," I smiled at her.

"You will," she said, and then Sammy caught her attention.

I looked around, wondering who she might pick. I actually did want it to be a surprise, so that was a good thing. I wanted to at least not be a virgin anymore. It was depressing!

Angus entered the cafeteria at that moment, and I stood up and walked over to the table he sat at. Georgia wasn't there yet, thankfully, so I would get a few minutes to talk to him alone.

"Lexie!" he grinned, standing up as I approached him.

"Hey, hey," I smiled back. "How's all your classes been today?"

"Crap as usual," he sighed. "How are you going today?"

"Actually, pretty good," I said happily. "I mean, I'm over my bitchy fit from this morning, and even Jade's not getting on my nerves today, so that's a definite bonus."

"That is a surprise," he laughed. "She's usually driving everybody nuts!"

"I know, right?" I laughed too.

"So... Georgia and I are going shopping this afternoon," he began. "I hate shopping. You should come and hang out with us."

"I'll let you know after school," I said. "But sounds great. I don't have any plans."

After a while Georgia joined us, and I still envied her. It wasn't her fault, though. She didn't know that her boyfriend was the guy my heart yearned for. Hell, I wouldn't tell her, either. But as I was walking to class, one of the footballers walked up to me.

"Hey, you're Alexia, right?" he asked.

"Yes," I smiled shyly. "Alexia Roberts. Or Lexie, either one."

"Lexie," he repeated. "I'm Aaron Daniels. Anyway, I was just wondering... what are you up to this afternoon/ tonight? I thought you might like to go out for dinner..."

"I'd love that," I grinned.

"Cool," he smiled back. "I'll pick you up around four?"

"Won't you need my address?" I asked.

"Well, your brother, he was a friend of mine," Aaron said shyly. "I've been to your house before, years ago."

"Oh, well cool then," I smiled. "I'll uh... I'll see you then."

I turned with my head spinning to find Jade standing behind me.

"Crap!" I shouted. "You scared me!"

"Looks like you don't need my help anymore," she laughed. "You have guys coming onto you anyways!"

"You didn't tell Aaron to ask me on a date then?" I frowned.

"Nope, but he was one of the two I had in mind," she smiled. "Lexie, I'm proud of you. Now make sure you look smashing, even though Aaron apparently already likes you."

"Thanks!" I grinned, taking off.

"Wait, I have the same class as you!" she shouted, running after me.

We walked in the door late, and the teacher frowned and muttered something about tardy cheerleaders should get detention. I went and sat by Angus, and Jade took off up to the back somewhere with her latest boyfriend. As the teacher droned on, I talked to Angus.

"So... are you coming with us this afternoon?" he whispered.

"Nope," I breathed. "Got a date."

"Serious?" he asked. "With who?"

"Aaron Daniels," I replied.

"Nice," he grinned approvingly.

"Miss Roberts, will you be so kind as to zip it so that I can get on with my class?" the teacher growled. "It's bad enough that you were late!"

"Sorry," I mumbled, and then turned my attention to her.

I drove home after school and got dressed for my date. I curled my hair, a wore make up and put on a dress and tights with some high boots. I actually looked like I wanted to go out on a date, which was unusual because normally I was quite happy as to look like a dag for one.

When I heard a car pull up I ran excitedly downstairs. My parents weren't home, so I left them a note as to where I would be. Mom wouldn't care too much I hoped, because since the accident I'd been on a bit of a tight leash. But oh well. I needed my freedom, and what better timing. A date! I mean, I hadn't had a date in a long time.

I walked up to Aaron's car and climbed in. He was smiling in the driver's seat.

"Hey, Lexie," he grinned. "Here. I brought you a bunch of flowers."

"Hey, Aaron," I smiled back. "Oh, they're beautiful. You didn't have to, but thankyou!"

"I take it you're not used to getting flowers?" he chuckled. "Well, I'm a big romantic. So if we make it past the first date, get used to it."

I liked him more than I thought I would. We drove to an ice skating rink, where I showed that this wasn't my first time, and so did he. I did fall over a couple of times, but laughed as I got back up to my feet.

After we skated for about an hour, Aaron drove us to an Italian restaurant. The smell of garlic filled my nostrils as we walked inside.

"A table for two, please," Aaron spoke quietly.

"Sure," the waitress smiled, leading us to a table in the back. "Here are your menus. Would you like anything to drink?"

"I'll have a coke, please," I smiled.

"Make that two cokes, and could you also bring us a glass of water," he smiled. "Thankyou."

As the waitress walked off, he pulled out some tablets.

"I've got a massive headache," he frowned. "I get them a lot, playing football and taking hits to the head."

"I do, but then again I need glasses," I sighed.

"I reckon you would look really beautiful with glasses," he smiled. "You're beautiful, and nothing would ever make you ugly."

"Thanks," I smiled in surprise. "I'm definitely not used to guys being so friendly. They normally go for girls like Jade, who can't keep their legs shut."

"Well, she's a good friend, but she gets around a fair bit," he laughed. "I'm the total opposite. Pretty sure I'm the only footballer who's never gone all the way with a girl."

"That gives us something in common," I smiled.

"Does it seem odd that we've just confirmed to each other that we're both virgins?" he asked, chuckling.

"Nope, because if we make it past the first date or into any compromising positions, we don't have to confess and ruin the moment," I said, smiling.

"Jade came up to me after I asked you out and said she was gonna set us up on a blind date," he laughed. "I'm so glad I got to ask you out first, though. I've kind of wanted to for a while. But I had a girlfriend, and then everything with your brother. But i figured that when I saw you at lunch, looking around at all the guys that walked past, you were ready."

"You were watching me?" I asked, sitting up.

"A little," he admitted, blushing.

"Nice to know it's not only girls who get embarassed," I smiled.

The waitress returned with our drinks, and we both ordered ravioli carbonara. It sounded delicious, and I loved pasta.

"So... what's your favourite colour?" Aaron asked.

"Purple," I answered. "And yours?"

"Orange, actually," he replied, laughing. "It's a very ostentatious colour, but my bedroom is orange and black. The black was from when my sister had the room. She was heavily into the colour, and I couldn't paint over it. I like to leave that one wall black, to remember her."

"Oh, what happened to her?" I asked sadly.

"She overdosed one day when she was seventeen," he sighed. "I was only twelve. Remember it like it was yesterday. I was the one who found her."

"Was she your only sibling?" I asked, finding that I had placed my hand on top of his in sympathy.

"Yes," he answered, looking a bit teary. "Andrea and I, we were close. Really close. But she had a dark side I didn't know, a hidden depression. And it wasn't until she'd died that my parents told me all about it. Thought my whole world had come crashing down around me."

"I'm sorry to hear about that," I said, gently rubbing his hand.

"I knew your brother," he said, looking at me. "He was a good friend when we were younger, but even as we got older we still remained friends. I was so sad when I heard about the accident. At first, everyone thought you both died. And I cried. But then when we learnt from Angus that you'd survived, it was a bit of a relief. But still, Dean was gone, and you were in a coma and didn't know yet."

"I remember waking up and being told he'd died," I said, a tear welling in my eye. "I thought that my whole world had come crashing down. It sucks, losing a sibling."

"Yep," he agreed. "It sure does."

When our food came, we changed the subject back to happier times. He asked random questions about me, and I threw a few his way, too. After dessert, we walked out to his car, holding hands. It felt right, though, and i smiled.

As we arrived at my house, he walked me to the front door.

"I had a great time," I smiled.

"Me, too," he grinned. "I think we're definitely going to have to have a second date, you know."

"I'm agreeing with that," I said, and our lips met.

It was a perfect kiss. It was soft, and I found myself liking Aaron more than I would have expected to. As our lips parted, I couldn't stop smiling.

"Here's my number," he grinned, handing me his phone. I typed it in to my phone, then rang his.

"Now you have mine," I beamed.

We said goodbyes with another kiss, and I waited until he drove off before I spun around, feeling delighted.

"Looks like you had a good night," Angus smiled from the tree out the front of my place. "Your mom's not home yet, or your dad."

"I like him," I told Angus. "I really like him."

"That's good," he said. "Means you won't snap at Georgia for no reason anymore because it looks like you've finally gotten yourself a boyfriend."

"So it seems," I grinned. "Goodnight Angus."

I could tell it made Angus jealous that I liked Aaron.

But I didn't care. Because I couldn't wait forever for my best friend to ask me out.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
7.3M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
1.7M 102K 40
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...