A Riker Lynch Love Story

By raz_attack

More

A Riker Lynch Love Story
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Contest!!!

Chapter Three

1.8K 34 21
By raz_attack

Liz's Point of View:

“But mommy!” Lex complained as we stood on the porch. “Saturdays are my days!”

I looked down at his big blue eyes a frown on my face. “I know, sweetie, I know.” I squadded down. “How about when I come home, we have a movie night with popcorn and ice cream?”

Lex lit up. “A double feature?!”

I nodded my head. “Why not! A double feature!”

The door opened to reveal my best friend, Lena, standing and her black lab at her side. “Hey guys. You ready to hang out, Lex?”

My little brother nodded his head eagerly, quickly forgetting I was about to leave him.

“Why don't you take Daisy in the backyard, I'll be there in a minute.” Lena suggested. In a flash, Lex was running through the house, the giant dog chasing after him.

“Hot date?” She joked as she looked over my outfit: black skinny jeans matched with a gray sweater finished off with converse.

I chuckled. “Oh, yeah. Totally, with my job.” She raised an eyebrow with confusion. “One of the radio girls called out sick and we have some band coming in today so we need a radio host.”

She nodded her head, then her brown eyes narrowed in on me. “So, when are you gonna start dating again?” My best friend challenged.

“I'm fine with it just being Lex and me.” I bit my bottom lip and looked down.

She rested her hand on my shoulders, looking at me with sad eyes. “Liz, you can't let what happened with Joe stop you from dating again.”

Ah, had to bring up the infamous ex boyfriend. I ran my fingers through my hair with frustration. “Can we please not talk about him?”

Knowing she hit a nerve, Lena lightened up on the questioning. But that didn't stop her from calling after me as I headed to my car. “Just think about it, okay?”

~~~

“I'm here!” I came running into the building. My long brown hair in a messy ponytail. “I'm not late!”

Tara came walking up to me with a amused smile on her face. “Yeah, for once you're on time.” She joked. I rolled my eyes and took my coffee from her hands. “Troy's waiting for you in the booth.”

I made a run for it, trying not to hit any interns as I went. When I got to the booth, I was greeted by one of my oldest friends Troy Rayne, a six foot brunette giant.

“Ah! Troy!” I ran up to him, giving him the biggest hugs. “I've missed you.”

He wrapped his arms around me. “Long time no see, Shorty.”

I squirmed out of his hold, making sure to him. “Just because I only five foot two, doesn't make me short.”

Troy held his hand to his ear. “Sorry, Shorty, couldn't hear you from all the way down there!”

I rolled my eyes, taking my seat next to Troy's chair. “Whatever.” I stuck out my tongue like a five year old. “Now I remember why we don't hang out any more.”

“Fine, fine. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.” He sat down next to me, chuckling. “Now will you hang out with me again?”

I nodded my head like a little kid. “Great!” He cheered. “Tonight Belinda, Bret, you, and me are gonna go out for drinks.”

I sighed. “How much did he give you to ask me?”

I looked over to my co host who was looking down sheepishly. “He promised the first round of shots.”

“I'm not going.” I said deadpan. Troy tried to convince me to go with them. I shook my head. “He really needs to stop asking me. You'd think being turned down five hundred times would give him a sign. It's never gonna happen!”

“Ah, why are you so difficult, Liz?” He sighed. I just shrugged my shoulders, a grin on my face.

A tap on with window signaled that the band was here. When I caught sight of a tall bond standing outside the window, a smile came flooding onto my face.

I got up form my seat and ran over to the blond hair boy. With him still turned around, I planned on sneaking up on him. Okay, sneaking up meaning jumping on him.

“Ross!” I jumped on to is back, a giant smile on my face.

“Um, Liz, what are you doing?” Ross asked, from the other side of the room. My eyes widened.

“Oh, my gosh.” I hopped off the guys back. “I am so sorry. I thought you were Ross.”

The blond guy turned around to reveal a pretty attractive guy, blond haired with hazel colored eyes. “It's, um, no big deal.” He rubbed the back of his neck.

I walked over to Ross and gave him a hug. “Sorry, I thought it was you.”

Ross laughed. “No, defiantly not me. He's my older brother, Riker.”

Riker walked over to each other. “You two know each other?”

I nodded my head. “Yeah, he's here all the time. We kinda became friends.” Ross draped his arm over my shoulder just to prove our point.

I looked over to Riker. “Where's the rest of the band?”

He looked over his shoulder before looking back to me. “They were right behind us. I should probably go find them.”

Just as he started to walk away, Ross jumped in front of his older brother. “You know what, I'll go get them, why don't you and Liz start making your way over to the booth.”

Before either of us could say anything, Ross was leaving there with his older brother.

“Look, I'm sorry I kinda jumped on your back. I really thought you were Ross.” I looked down blushing.

Riker chuckled. “It's fine really. No harm done.” Together we started to walk around the building, taking the long way to the booth.

“You guys did what?” I was dying of laughter once Riker and I finally made it to the booth.

“Yeah, it was awesome.” His face was red. “And probably illegal.”

“Nice of you guys to finally show up.” A tall brunette called over from the booth where the rest of the band had already started to set up.

“You've met everybody, right?” Riker asked gesturing to his family.

“Yes, but I suck with names, I'll probably mix them up at one point or another.” I admitted sheepishly.

“That's good, Liz.” Troy exclaimed with excitement. I glanced over to him. “You go out of the room.”

I did what I was told and walked out by my assistant. “Do you know what he's doing?”

“Nobody ever know what Troy's doing.” Tara sighed. When my friend came running out of the studio, he was holding a blue bandanna in his hands.

“Put this on over your eyes.” He commanded. Doing as I was told, I put my hair into a lazy bun, then put the blue bandanna on over my blue eyes. “Okay, now what?”

Troy guided me back to the booth, helping down to my chair. I hear the intro music over th speakers. Show time! “Good afternoon, Radio Land!” Troy shouted into his mic. “I'm Troy.”

I felt someone move the mic to my lips. “And I'm Liz! Yeah, sorry, Erin's not here today. You'll just have to deal with me.” I said jokingly.

I heard someone next to me chuckle. Troy took over. “Today we have some special guest sitting with us right now.”

“Give it up for R5!” I did a little dance in my seat.

All the members of the band said hey or hi.

“So I thought instead of having the band introduce themselves like they always do, I thought they would describe the person to the left of them. With one word.” Troy explained. “And Liz has to guess who it is.”

I chuckled. “So is that why I'm blindfolded.”

“Let's get started.” Okay, focus. You've met them before, so it shouldn't be to hard to figure it out.

“Um, Prankster.” a male voice said.

“Okay, I'm thinking, Rocky?” When the hands were clapping, I figured I was right. “Okay, next one.”

“Flirty.” I could just tell Rocky was grinning.

I knew this one. “Ross!” I had no doubt that it was my friend.

“Really, Liz. Really?” Ross called out. I just laughed. “Okay, um, hum, funny.”

“Ratliff no doubt.” I was on a roll! With a giant smile on on my face I told them to keep it going.

“Silly.” Ratliff chuckled.

“Rydel.” I didn't even need to think.

“Wow, you're really good at this.” She spoke into her mic. “Okay, leader.”

“Well, since I think he's the last person. I'm gonna say Riker.”

“Wow, Liz, five for five.” Troy exclaimed and I was doing the happy dance in my seat.

“Beautiful.” I heard Riker say. With confusion I took off the bandanna, I turned to my right to see Riker looking a me, a grin on his face.

I looked down blushing. The boys of he band were cheering for their big brother.

I jut smiled at Riker.

“Well, if Liz and Riker would stop flirting with each other, we might be able to get on with the show.” Troy did not sound happy. And I really don't care.

Through out the show, I was dying of laughter. I forgot how much fun it is to have the band in here. After talking to Rydel and Ratliff about their significant others, I looked over to Rocky.

“So, Rock, how's Avery Mason?”

The boy's face lite up as I mentioned his long time girlfriend. “She's amazing. She just left for tour with Hunter Hayes.”

“That's awesome! Tell her when she gets back in town she needs to visit.” I grinned ear to ear. The times I have met her, she was such a sweetheart.

I turned to my friend Ross. “So, what about your girlfriend Roxy? How is she?”

Ross looked back a forth from his band mates. Oh crap, did they break up?

A smile cracked on his lips and breathed and sigh of relief. “She's not my girlfriend anymore.”

Oh crap. Ross' smile got bigger. “She's my fiancée.”

I couldn't even talk, I was so excited for him.

“Wow, congrats man!” Troy filled in for my lost of words.

“Thanks. And she's great. She, too, just left for tour with All Time Low and We Are The In Crowd.” Ross explained.

I just couldn't stop smiling. I was so happy for him. I turned to Riker. “So, what about you? Girlfriend?”

Riker shook his head with a smile. “No. Why? You want the job?”

I had to turn away to hid my blushing face. “Haha, very funny.”

The band talked about a few other things before our time was up. “Thanks guys for coming out.” I got up and went to hug all of them.

“It was nice to see you again.” Riker whispered when we hugged.

“Yeah, you too.” I bit my lip. Just as I went back into the booth, Riker called after me.

“Can I get your number?”

~~~

“He is out cold.” Lena told me when I went to pick Lex up later that afternoon.

As she led me back to her room, I was reading a text Riker had sent me. I let out a chuckle and sent a quick reply.

I looked up to see my best friend staring at me, a smirk on her face. “You're text a guy! Who is it?”

“It's nothing. We're just talking.” I quickly defended. But then looked down with a smile. “His name is Riker.”

“Awe. Tell me all about him.” She squirmed like a little kid. I shook my head.

“Nothing to talk about. He's just a guy I'm talking to.” I walked over to Lex and picked him up. “Thanks for watching him.”

As I was walking out of her house, she called after me. “We're not done talking about this!”

I grinned. Oh, it's defiantly not over cause the ding from my back pocket signaled that Riker just texted me again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:D They have finally met! What did we think about this chapter?

Hope you liked it!

Question: Where are you from? I want to see if i have any non american readers. :D

Lots of love - Raz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.3K 739 21
A collaboration with AlliLovesRockyR5 Suits, smirks, and major sex appeal. PG-13.
22.4K 1.2K 25
Piper Murray's the name, playing with my life is the game
8.1K 173 29
Be prepared for sleepless nights. But not the ones you're thinking of. A collaboration with rockylynchxo