Love Beneath The Darklines(co...

By shachiseth

A Dark Past - Shyna. A Very Ambitious Future - Davidson They are two contradictory personalities. Yet they me... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 Unwanted Attraction
Chapter 2 Staring Contest
Chapter 3 Friendly Encounter
Chapter 4 Divine Attraction
Chapter 5 Twists In Friendship
Chapter 6 Listen To Your Instincts
Chapter 7 Without You
Chapter 8 Make Her Smile
Chapter 9 A Night Together
Chapter 10 Dreams, Hallucinations And Chimeras!!!!!!!
Chapter 11 Fighting The Past
Chapter 12 Adventure Ride.
Chapter 13 Developing Bonds
Chapter 14 Need You Now
Chapter 15 Hands Of Help
Chapter 16 His Divine Touch
Chapter 17 Evil Birthday!!!!!
Chapter 18 Togetherness
Chapter 20 Wanna Help You
Chapter 21 Enigmatic Smile
Chapter 23 A Companion
Chapter 24 Lucky Charm
Chapter 25 Influx With Past
Chapter 26 Influences Of The Upbringing
Chapter 27 Word Fights
Chapter 28 Free Falling
Chapter 29 Breathtaking Beauty
Chapter 30 Past Grimaces
Chapter 31 Definition Of Love
Chapter 32 Love You Like I Do
Chapter 33 Perfection
Chapter 34 Power Of Love
Chapter 35 Wrecking Ball
Chapter 36 Sometimes Pain's The Healer
Chapter 37 Cheating v/s Vengeance
Chapter 38 Deadly Silence
Chapter 39 Winner Stands Alone

Chapter 19 You Are Beautiful

1.9K 42 14
By shachiseth

Chapter 19

You Are Beautiful

Her hands were cold, face pale; the feisty and self dependent Shyna was lost somewhere in her deep darklines.

I saw her standing at the entrance, not waiting for me but kind of spell bound: evil spell and her hands were shivering.

For a moment I felt sorry for bringing her here but then I wanted to get her here, I wanted to help her out of her darklines. And also it was only because of her that I was selected; her meditation techniques.

But what if I was wrong and if this attempt of mine still pushes her deep into the hollow of darkness?

NO!!!! I won't let that happen. I stretched my hand and held her cold shivering one in mine. She flinched for a second, then she looked at me and I nodded a short nod giving 'I am there' looks. I could feel the pace of her heart beats returning back to normal and her shivers diminished. I smiled at her and she simply stared back. I pressed her hand softly and she relaxed instantly.

I knew this was a big step, a major improvement in her. Earlier if I'd tried to hold her hands, she would rather kick my ass but now she stood steady matching my steps as we entered Miron's house for our celebration party.

As soon as I gave my existence, Jack rushed towards me staring wide eyedly between me and Shyna.

"Uuuuugggll....ummm. you.. Oh !!! Hi!!! I am Jack" he introduced himself.

Shyna tightened her grip on my hand and greeted him back with a "Hi!"

"Shyna. This is Jack my best friend." I introduced them.

Jack then hugged me and congratulated me for the selection asking for an excuse as someone was waiting for him whom I knew would be his date for night but not before whispering in my ears that he wanted an explanation.

I smiled at his inquisitiveness and immediately composed myself not to give any wrong signs to Shyna. She was my responsibility since I forced her here.

Soon I was surrounded by swarm of girls begging for my attention. I greeted them very politely asking them to excuse me. I did get Shyna introduced to first few to which Shyna earned scrunching looks not bothered by her presence as if she was no competition to them where in I felt the reverse was equally true a fact. Then I lost the track of introduction when they suddenly outnumbered.

Cassie all of sudden barged into the crowd and pulled me with her. I did not realize when I missed the grip of Shyna's hand.

Maybe the bimbos and their cold reaction made her distant all of a sudden. I made a mental note of finishing off with Cassie and soon joining Shyna. As it is there was hardly anything between us to be talked. I considered her a friend though I did think of proposing her earlier but she always wanted more. Neither did she hide her intentions. Only thing was she went overboard with her last attempt.

"Cassie I have a friend" I insisted but still she took me to a corner, never leaving my gaze.

Her eyes now brimming with tears and guilt crossed her edged face as she said "Please Dave, this one time. I am so sorry. I promise I don't want anything just stay as my friend. Please I do not want to loose our friendship."

She turned around wiping the tiny drop of tear and then coming back to me back with a smile, polished as she is, she really balances well I complimented her, not aloud but in my mind.

"Okay" I agreed.

"Okay what?" she asked confused.

I simply shrugged "Okay I meant let's be friends"

She was so happy she jumped up and down in excitement moving the frills of her yellow top that had plenty of them with it. What impressed me was that she could actually balance herself back in that four inch heel pointed like a pencil.

Nice skill!!! If I could balance so well on my toes while playing basket ball!!!  I sighed with that thought when Cassie pulled me for a small kiss on my lips.

She was immediately jerked aside by Ciara who gave her 'what a whore' look and pulled me for a hug followed by huge "thud"

I grimaced mentally thinking that there would be kite fight among the two again but to my surprise each and everybody present at the party was staring at the entrance of this room.

The voices of fight could be heard but I could not see any one as the crowd had gathered around them.

I felt 'something missing' feeling in myself. It was then I realize that Shyna was no where to be seen.

I pushed aside all the guys and girls to see Shyna fighting with three guys punching one on the face and leg kicking the other two as she swiped her leg in a semi-circular motion hitting the other two guys together in one go.

I should have expected this' I chuckled in my head "Why did I leave her alone?' I cursed myself mentally

 The one who was punched got his eye blackened and was trying to get to her again when she kicked him hard on his groin.

He held his crucial organ in his hands and sat on the floor crimping with pain.

Before she could hit other two, I entered the scene and stepped between the two.

Intimated with my presence, the guys backed up immediately and muttered "We were only trying to have some fun"

But seeing my furious look they bit their lips and shifted few steps behind. Shyna on the other hand was furious added with an embarrassed expression and she gave me one side nod and sprinted out of the room, then house and ran into the empty streets to her house.

Spike too followed barking behind her...

Shyna's pov

I knew it was going to end up something stupid like this. I knew he'd be embarrassed by his own decision and he is.

Good for him!!!

He deserves it!!!!

He spoilt his own celebration. That was the very reason I denied to accompany him to that silly teen agers party in first place. But this boy Davidson, he thinks he is some Machoist. He can control things his way.

I cried, I don't know why cried, I did not want to. I was not the one who is embarrassed I am used to this mocking.

Though I hated when those boys came to me and asked "Davidson's date?"

I did not know what to answer but since I came with him, I agreed by simply nodding.

"I can't believe why David would date something like this as he wrinkled his nose in disgust." One of them said.

To which the other one answered "She must be a real good one in bed!!!" he smirked and then continued "David is a big shot and popular, she got to be extra hot." He licked his tongue smelling lots of alcohol making me squirm.

"I guess you are right" the first one moved around me. I was scared initially but then I scanned both of them, young, non fighters and drunk. I was at upper hand. I could take both of them.

But still I tried to maintain my calm, Davidson's big day- I shouldn't spoil it with a fight.

But the other one was too much when he tried to touch me saying "If he is good, I am gonna be better. Give us a chance ugly duckling."

 I knew that was my name and I was okay with it. But when he stepped forward trying to kiss me I couldn't take it any longer.

"F##K his party" I told mentally as I saw him flirting with a girl in frilly yellow top and a black hot shot short skirt.

I pulled the guy who was extra close to my liking's head and turned it sideways hitting it with my elbow. It came out with a louder thud than expected.

The way his eyes rolled in his sockets, it felt like his head was blowing with that.

"Oh shit!" he said and he lunged towards me with his fists balled up to give me a tight punch but I held his fist and turned his arm behind his back. He shrieked in pain like a small baby. Soon three other guys joined in.

I did not want to do this but the way they were attacking me together, I lost it and started fighting till Davidson came and interrupted us.

Those guys were lucky today!!!

Then the look on Davidson's face, the sadness, guilt and embarrassment, I could not bear it and I ran, ran till I reached home.

With Spike roaring behind me, I felt better but still the glimpses of party running in my head.

The happenings of the party were flashing in my head....

 I was so nervous, so scared that I started shivering remembering last time when I went to the party. I was there where I was taken and my life changed completely albeit it came to a dead, dark end.

David's cold, soft hands came from somewhere calming my nerves down, making me feel for a while that I was any normal girl.

I stood with him as he proudly introduced me to Jack who seemed to be a manwhore. But he didn't look the kind that would force a girl.

What shocked me was Davidson didn't mind accompanying an ugly looking girl with him instead he was cool when he introduced me to his friends.

Soon he was surrounded by his flock of girl admirers, then the yellow dressed kisser, red dressed hugger. He was popular!!!!

 My thoughts drifted to those drunken guys, their hungry looks, their flirting and Davidson himself. I was cursing myself "Why am I like this?" and am sure Davidson would be cursing his very thought of inviting me to that damn party.....

'''''''''''''''

I splashed chilled cold water from the refrigerator on my face trying to numb myself, my face, my tears that were flowing out of my eyes. I DON'T want to cry. I won't cry. I was telling myself and sat on the kitchen floor with my knees folded and back rested on the cabinets below the shelf.

 He stood silently in front of me with a towel in his hand.

Oh shit! I did not close the doors.

I wiped my face and he sat on his knees in front of me.

"I am sorry" he muttered.

I kept quite did not know what to answer. It was me who spoilt his evening and I was supposed to be the one who should be apologizing and I sit here cursing him to force me to his bash.

"I shouldn't have left you alone." He said guiltily.

"I tried but I couldn't control myself.... I mean fight..." I choked on my words, wiping my face harshly as if it could wipe my past with the cold water that was prickling my skin now.

"I ruined it. I spoiled the party with that scene." I confessed, few more tears brimming from my eyes.

"Now you got to know why I do not move out, why I hesitated to go to that silly party with you." I shouted rudely at him.

I expected a return from him. On the contrary he was the one being polite, helpful and even ran after me over here.

"But this is how I am Cold and I use to keep people at bay from me." I shouted more loudly and harshly.

I expected a blow out from him, he'd rage and walk out of the house. I thought.

Instead he stood still staring at me as if I have got two heads all of a sudden.

"Go. Go away" I yelled. I couldn't stand his sympathetic gaze. I do not want anybody's sympathies.

But he stood still, motionless gazing at my face pointing a finger on my cheek.

I wriggled my eyebrow questioningly.

He scratched below his right eye as gesticulation.

I though I got something stuck under my right eye. I wiped it hard and was checking on the towel if it was already cleaned...

He scooted closer to me....

I looked at him curious. His face of shock was scaring me.

The boy who was a non stop blabberer was quite, speechless and had had zipped his mouth like his tongue had melted under his jaws.

He pulled my jumbo glasses and whispered "You don't need them. Do you?"

Then he pulled the rubber band from my head letting my long waves of mane crumble down menacingly.

"David..." I called. I was not scared because of his closeness. May be I was getting used to him. I knew he was harmless, I trusted him, he cannot hurt anybody.

"SSSsssh....' he hushed me pulling my towel and wiping my cheeks.....

"You are beautiful" he insinuated.

Reality stuck me!!!!!

He had wiped my scar!!!!

"You are actually beautiful..." he murmured, his eyes depicting shock, surprise and a smile switching on his lips.

He moved his hands on his hair smiling heartily as he looked upwards then looking at me confirming what he saw was real.

"No!!! I am not. I am ugly.... I want to be ugly.... I am dirty... I am evil... I am nothing but dirty used trash" I shouted on top of my lungs. "Do you understand I am ugly, ugliest, dirtiest person on this earth' and I started crying. I cried bitterly holding my knees tightly forming a ball of myself with my uncombed untidy long hair all over me.

He pulled my hands, straightened my knees kind of detangling the tangled threads of my life and looked into my eyes and before I could say anything or shout at him he pulled me into his arms, hugged me tightly as I sobbed.

"Cry!!! If it makes you feel any better." He said softly moving his hands on my back comfortingly.

Time stood still....

I do not know how long I clung to his perfect body before I realized that I had broken one of the walls that I had deliberately created around me all these years.

NO!!! I thought I should push him away. But I had no energy left now.

I deferred myself from him "You go. It is your day."

"I am okay" he said.

"No please. I am not worth it. Please don't spoil your..." I insisted but was stopped by him as he put his finger on my lips, not leaving me yet.

"Sssshhh.... I am not going anywhere and neither are you spoiling anything." He said getting up.

And I felt like he was leaving. I suddenly started feeling cold. He was leaving....

'so you expect him to stay with pile of crap like you. Grow up..' I scolded myself letting off few more tears to wipe my pain.

He came back pulling a bottle from the cabinet and a packet of frozen pizza and pushed it in the oven.

I stood still observing him blankly.

He lifted me from where I sat and took me to the couch of the living room.

"You okay?" he asked.

I simply nodded.

He returned back with the pizza and sat besides me.

Whoa no dining table???? He was actually breaki8ng his own rule and eating in the living room!!!!

I picked some courage to say "I am fine. I seriously am. You please go. I am feeling guilty to spoil your fun. You might have planned on some drinking and  ...ummm...stuff."

He chuckled and seated besides me and dug a whole bite of pizza into his mouth after offering one.

"I have my practice tomorrow and I am glad I am not at the party. I don't want to miss my practice." He explained concentrating on the string of the cheese of the pizza that was falling out of his mouth.

"You play your game passionately?" I asked interested in him for the first time.

His eyes would sparkle every time he'd talk about basket ball.

"I love it" he said ecstatically as if flavoring the taste of his game. "It gives meaning to my life"

I was listening to him with concentration and sincerity for the first time.

He added "dribbling the ball controlling it and then 'bump' putting it into the basket. It feels like I am controlling my life and basket the ball means achieving my goal. I want to acheieve my goal" he said with a burning fire in his eyes.

"And what is that goal?" I couldn't resent myself asking.

"You want to know?" he asked cheerfully.

I nodded honestly. This thing that he was so extremely serious about, that made his face lit like lights on an x'mas tree. I wanted to know.

He took me pulling from my elbow to my room.

I stared at my elbow feeling something different, my heartbeats erratic where he'd touch but I didn't get violent. It felt so different.

He was so lost in what he was showing that he did not realize what he was doing.

He opened my lap top, his finger running smoothly on the key board as he opened some nft sight "Top ten basket ball players of the world."

His grays dilated at the opening of the window and he moved the cursor to the top 1st position "Lebron James"

He circled around the name and then at the top positions his cursor encircling the number one again and again as he said "I want to be here. This is my goal." His enthusiasm, his passion was euphoric. I hadn't seen anybody in love with his goal so much.

But had I seen anything in life other than those three evil men???? My life had ended then and after that I buried myself into darkness.!!!

"You'll reach there. I am sure." I told him.

"Really you think so?" he asked looking at the video of James dribbling the ball. His expression said he was trying to learn something.

"Yes" I said honestly.

"You'll help me?" he asked.

What was that? Is he crazy? How can I help him?

"I have nothing to help you." I said curtly.

"You do. I will tell you one day." He said smilingly.

"Get to sleep if you want to go for practice tomorrow." I said, the darker me was back again. She needs to be awake. This boy is cracking her dark lines. He needs to be blocked.

I directed him out of my room locking the door behind me and jumped on my bed. Had he not been there I would have rushed to my gym and hit that punch bag like it was them and would have eased those memories out of my brains.

But all I could do was lie on my bed and drift to a nice sleep one more night that he is there sleeping out in the living room on the couch....

Davidson's pov

The movements in the house disturbed me. I rubbed my eyes trying to look for my mobile to check the time but what the heck!!!! Where is my bedside and why am I?

Oh!!! Its Shyna's place again and then I realized the eventful night when Shyna was a Cinderella princess all of a sudden. Glad that was the only fairy tale that I was forced to read during my grade 3 project.

Her milky white porcelain face, which was perfect, her golden brown eyes which were so deep that I can actually count the lines of the pupils, her cheeks that were naturally highlighted, her lips so full, so cherry blossomed, her jaw line followed by the valley of her throat that I was so f##king tempted to move my finger around. Her beautiful, long and shiny blond gossamars. It took everything by me not to move my hands through them.

She was so upset, freaking out. I knew she resisted touch and so I was very careful around her

Her melt down was so heart wrenching. I wish I could take her in my arms and tell everything would be fine but I guess she'd been through lot to become a heartless bitch. She needs time.

 "Juice, boiled eggs" breakfast is ready. A feminine voice called from across kitchen...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 1.2K 30
I love you, Alara! My love for you knows no bounds-I would sacrifice everything for you!! ...
4.6K 683 40
Honesty is the foundation of love, but what happens when this foundation is tainted with obsession, possessiveness, hunger for power, and the darknes...
44.5K 336 24
"Rhianna, love. Do not fear me. I will not hurt you, even in my deepest darkest dreams." His voice husky and deep. I finally scraped up the word...
4.4K 543 60
Prologue How do you fix something that is beyond repair? How do you stop your heart from breaking each time you try to fix the wrong? How do you rede...