Safety First

By vivianl95

Anna just took her boyfriend back, after an abusive relationship that they went through. But what happens whe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 6

152 6 1
By vivianl95

The question pondered in Anna's mind, as she entered the home she shared with Taylor. She was not sure if she could go through with an abortion, but it was now an option. She first had to confront Taylor about the sudden news.

She headed over to her house phone, dialing her doctor and listening to the ring on the other side. "Hello Dr. Greene's office. How may I help you?" The voice of the secretary said on the other line.

"Yes, I like to make an appointment." Anna spoke, soon hearing the shuffling of papers as the secretary flipped through the calendar.

"I have a free Thursday at 3 PM."

Anna quickly scanned her week through her mind. She would have to take off early from work if that was the case. "That's alright, I'll take it."

"Okay, what is your name and birthday?" The secretary asked, the noise of her fingers typing on the other side of the phone.

"Annamika, June 27th." Anna answered the question and in the matter of seconds the appointment was made.

Anna hung up the phone, sitting down on the couch. She rested her head in her hands. Her mind began to form list of options that she had.

Abortion.

Adoption.

Keep the baby.

Leave the baby with Matt, if he ends up being the father.

She definitely was not ready to raise a baby on her own that's for sure. She needed some kind of assistance in raising this baby. Single motherhood was never an ice cream sundae to her and she wanted the baby to have a father figure in his/her life.

Her mind wandered back to when Zayn had asked her the question. She knew Zayn was against abortion because his mother had considered aborting him when she fell pregnant with him. She was still young to be having a baby at her age and she knew she wouldn't be able to do it on her own. Although adoption did cross her mind, she didn't want anyone else raising her baby. Thankfully, she did not go through with the abortion because her family promised to help her through it all and Zayn's father stepped up in his role.

Zayn had offered to help her if she came to a point where she couldn't do it anymore. He wanted to help her even though he knew very well that the baby was not his. Was he possibly still in love with her or was he just that much against abortion that he would help her out? It could also be that they were each other's first loves.

A sigh escaped from her mouth, why is this all being so difficult for her. Why did she have to go screw everything up right when it was all going so well for her life?

She shook her head, she could no longer ponder on this no more. She had to find out first if she was indeed pregnant and not just base it off that pregnancy test. Gosh, maybe she should have just kept it all a secret from everyone instead of blurting it out. But now it was too late and she had to face the consequences that were in store for her future.

-------------------------------------------------

Anna walked into her office, sitting down at her desk and looking through her list of duties for the day. She turned on her computer, rummaging through the countless papers on her desk. Another day of my wonderful job, she thought to herself.

The thought of Mr. Bomer came into her mind, leading back to yesterday's events where she discovered that Lauren was pregnant as well. Was it really Mr. Bomer's baby? Was he aware of the pregnancy? Was he really sleeping with Lauren? All these questions ran through her mind and she needed answers. Who knew who else he was sleeping with. She would surely speak to him later of the matter.

A knock came at her door, interrupting her from her working process. Her eyes landed on the time reading five after twelve. It was time for lunch; possibly, it was someone at the door to invite her out to lunch. "You may come in." Anna spoke from her chair, piling her papers together.

The door opened to allow a man in a dark black suit with a blue tie into her office. Anna's eyes raised from her papers to connect with her boss's eyes. Mr. Bomer walked towards her desk. "Hello Anna. Have you eaten yet?" He asked her as he watched her actions.

Anna looked back down to her papers, continuing with her business. "No sir." She simply answered her, not giving him much attention.

"Do you have anything to eat?" He questioned her. "Or do you plan on going out for lunch?"

Anna looked up at him, shaking his head. "I brought lunch, sir. Thank you for your concern." She spoke seriously to him. "I'm sure all the other employees appreciate it." A small smile appearing on the corner of her lips.

Mr. Bomer stared at her, a smile forming slightly. "Of course, but I need to make sure my secretary is fine in her duties." He spoke, the words easily coming off of his lips. He stood there keeping his eyes focused on her eyes, not wandering off to anything else. He stood straight, with his hands in his pockets. He was so professional and she was just a mess. If only she could get to his level.

His words caused her to cringe a bit, the word duties coming off as something else in her mind. She shook the thought away from her mind, no negative thinking. "I'm quite fine, sir." She spoke to him. "However, I do need to speak to you later today."

Mr. Bomer nodded his head, "That's alright. You may come to my office once you finish up all your work." Anna nodded back at him, as he left her office.

Hours passed and it was already three P.M. when Anna finished up all her work. She staked the papers together, putting them away and turning off her computer. She had saved all her work and printed all the information she typed online. She reached for purse, setting it on her desk and looking for her cellphone. She checked the phone to see the time was already 3:45 P.M.

She threw her phone back into her purse. She lifted the purse, resting it on her shoulder. She walked out of her office, heading over to her boss's office. She stood in front of the door, knocking on it softly. She heard some noises on the other side before his words gave her permission to enter.

She opened the door, walking inside and closing the door behind her. She looked at her boss who had risen out of his chair. He walked around his desk, stepping closer to her. Anna kept her distance from him, as she watched him stop in his place.

He cleared his throat before he finally spoke. "Hello Anna. How are you?" He asked her, as his eyes wandered up and down her body briefly.

She stood there uncomfortably for a bit, before finally speaking up. "I'm good sir." Her thoughts wondered back to the reason that she wanted to talk to him. "Actually, I have heard some information that involves you... and I was curious if you could share the truth."

His face showed a bit of confusion. He probably was not sure of what exactly she wanted to share. He obviously did not know that she was pregnant, so it is reasonable for him to be lost. "Sure, share--." His words being cut off by the sound of a knock on his door.

His eyes traveled from the door to Anna then back to the door, giving the person permission to enter the office. He began to walk back to his desk, as the person entered his office. At the doorway was the front desk secretary. Her eyes went to Mr. Bomer before noticing that Anna was also in the office. "I apologize for interrupting sir. There is someone at the door who wishes to speak to you."

Mr. Bomer looked over at her, his thoughts trying to collect together. He nodded over at her. "Allow them in then." He told her, sitting down at his desk. The secretary nodded back at him, walking back out of the office and closing the door behind herself. Mr. Bomer looked back up at Anna, a slight apology on his face. "I'm sorry for this. Would you like to wait?"

Anna debated on whether she should ask now or after the doctor appointment. She was in no rush to find out the news yet of who he was sleeping with. She will find out if she is pregnant first from the doctor then take it from there. "I could speak to you about this information another day." She told him, as she prepared herself to leave his office. "But I do wish to ask if I may leave early on Thursday."

He looked up at her, "Yes, that's quite alright."

Anna sighed slightly, happy and upset that he gave her permission. He usually asks the reason to why someone leaves early, but he obviously favors her in a way. She shook her head, "Thank you." She said as she made her way to the door.

"Have a good evening, Anna."

"As well as you, sir." She responded, opening the door to head out. However, a body stood blocking the doorway. Anna's eyes looked up from the floor to find none other than her friend Ashley standing before her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8M 915K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
128K 6.3K 46
แ€„แ€šแ€บแ€„แ€šแ€บแ€€แ€แ€Šแ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€›แ€„แ€บแ€ทแ€€แ€ปแ€€แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ แ€กแ€แ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€แ€ฑแ€ซแ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€†แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€กแ€™แ€ผแ€ฒแ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธ แ€แ€ผแ€ฐแ€แ€ผแ€ฌแ€œแ€ฝแ€”แ€บแ€ธแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€€แ€ปแ€ฑแ€ฌแ€บแ€”แ€ฑแ€™แ€„แ€บแ€ธแ€€ แ€•แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€Ÿแ€•แ€บแ€–แ€ผแ€ฐแ€œแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท แ€”แ€ฌแ€™แ€Šแ€บแ€•แ€ฑแ€ธแ€แ€ถแ€›แ€แ€ฒแ€ท แ€€แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€„แ€บแ€™แ€œแ€ฑแ€ธ แ€”แ€ฑแ€แ€ผ...
66.7K 2.7K 37
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.
134K 5.8K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...