Sewers & Night Skies (a GOT7...

By Zellodiez

Above ground level of Seoul lies the huge busy city as we all know it. But what lies below it? What's your na... More

Sewers & Night Skies (a kpop fanfic)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 5

144 9 3
By Zellodiez

JB stood mere inches away from me, observing the trainees just as I was. It unnerved me just being beside him. His presence alone made me feel insignificant.

He too, was staring at Hyun Ki. I could tell the boy disliked being watched. His red eyes flickered in our direction every so often, causing the concentration regarding his training to slack.

Dongwoo noticed his lack of effort, smacked him across the head. ''Concentrate, goddammit!'' Hyun Ki bowed in apology and resumed his attack on the punching bag.

I couldn't resist.

''Would you fix that stance!'' I yelled huffily. I felt JB's eyes burning a hole in my back. Dongwoo just raised an eyebrow.

Hyun Ki's eyes narrowed, looking royally pissed. ''Who the heck are you to tell me?''

I wanted to shout that I was his sunbae, as well as his future trainer, but held my tongue.

I grabbed him by the shoulders, turning him sideways while facing the punching bag. ''Would you rather your whole front to be exposed to the enemy? Not that I know personally, but I heard it hurts to get hit in the manhood.''

Hyun Ki turned a shade of red to match his eyes. I turned sideways facing Hyun Ki, taking a few experimental jabs.

''This posture defends your stomach and entire front better. Of course, just like any other technique, this posture has a negative side effect. In this case, it sort of disables the leg you are holding back for keeping your balance.''

I saw him trying to process this information.

''And also, if you are planning on staying on the ground, stand on the balls of your feet. It makes moving and dodging a whole lot easier.''

Hyun Ki eyed me with suspicion. ''Thank you...?''

''It's Zee.'' He nodded.

''Thanks Zee.''

Dongwoo was observing from a distance, smiling wryly. ''You know, you'd make a good trainer in your later years.'' I rolled my eyes. ''Surviving until my later years is an entirely different matter.'' Dongwoo eyes narrowed.

''JB was watching you.''

I stiffened. ''Let him. Maybe he'll let Jackson know...''

''Let Jackson know what?'' I whirled around to find JB standing there, arms casually crossed, as if he had been there all along.

''What do you want?''

He smiled, but the smile didn't quite reach his eyes. ''Oh, pretend I'm not here. I'm just observing.'' My own eyes narrowed. ''Too bad you're disturbing our conversation. What is it that you're observing?''

He looked over my head, over to Hyun Ki and back to me. ''Just scouting Hyun Ki. Jackson asked me to.''

''So you listen to Jackson.'' He shrugged nonchalantly. ''Not really, more a favour for a dear brother. I just wanted to see what's so special about him for myself. But, disappointingly enough, I found nothing.''

I smirked. ''Then why don't you convince Jackson he's useless?''

JB eyed me with interest. ''I'll pass. But what I want to know, is why you want him. He can barely stand properly, let alone fight. There's plenty others here with potential. Yet both you and Jackson want him. Why? Pretty eyes?''

I looked back at Hyun Ki. Truthfully, I was tongue tied. Why did I want him as my trainee? Was it just to make Jackson mad? I felt guilty. The somewhat innocent boy would end up getting stuck in a fight between me and Jackson.

I turned my back on Hyun Ki and faced JB. ''That's something for me to know, and for you to find out.'' He smiled. ''I like your fire Yoon Ah. It's a pity you refuse to join GOT7. You would be a nice addition.''

I was confused at his transparent honesty and he laughed, noticing my discomfort. ''The rest deny it... Jackson, Yugyeom. Especially Yugyeom. But I'm a terrible liar. I'd rather tell the truth and get beaten up for it.''

He glanced me up and down. ''You should truly consider it. I vouched for you, earning bruises in the process, and yet you refuse my generous offer. How disappointing.''

He turned on his heel and was about to leave. ''JB, wait!'' He looked over his shoulder, raising an eyebrow.

''Who...who else vouched for me?''

Eden winked. ''That's something for me to know, and for you to find out. Goodbye honey.''

He disappeared through the door.

I growled and Dongwoo grabbed me by the shoulders to keep me from tearing after him. ''Don't Yoon Ah. It's not worth it.''

''DON'T CALL ME YOON AH!''

He massaged his temples. ''Kid, you have anger management problems.''

''DON'T CALL ME KID!''

* * * * *

I was pacing. It was like my feet were moving at their own accord, in an attempt to relieve stress. It was not working.

In exactly thirteen minutes I would be going up against Jackson. And, as confident as I was, I knew I wasn't going to get out of their without a few injuries. A good few injuries.

The crowd outside was huge. It was only to be expected. I knew I would find Dongwoo out there right now, and possibly Chun Ae and Hyun Ki. My life wasn't the only thing that was in danger. My pride was at stake right now.

I took a big calming breath. I hadn't felt so worked up since my first battle. Deep breath Zee, in....and out.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to this years TRAINEE BATTLES! First up is....

I gulped. God please tell me I wasn't first. Pretty please.

''Kim Yoon Ah , Park Dongwoo's trainee!''

Shit. Dongwoo's eyes found me, and he looked me straight in the eye. I knew that gaze. Focus, and don't be afraid.

''Her opponent is....Park Jin Young's much anticipated trainee Park Ji Min!''

My eyes found my opponent. Medium height, good build, bad boy image. Typical arena guy. He suddenly looked up at me, curiosity in his eyes.

I decided right there and then, if he wasn't scared, I wouldn't be scared either.

''Both trainees please make your way towards your arena entrances and wait.''

I shook myself out of the daydream, glancing at the clock. Four minutes left. Dammit.

Dongwoo appeared in the doorway, looking at me anxiously. He sat down on a barrel in front of me, and put his hands on my shoulders. ''Zee, don't worry. You're going to do fine. You kicked Yugyeom's ass. Jackson can't be any worse than Rasa right?''

"Yugyeom was unprepared for me." And yes. Yes he can. Grudges were dangerous things.

Dongwoo looked me in the eyes, and then hugged me. ''It's going to be alright, little one,'' he muttered gruffly.

The bell rang, and I stood up. ''If I die, bury me next to G-Dragon.'' Dongwoo nodded sadly. ''Good luck. Don't let all my hours of training you go to waste."

Jackson was staring at me with those half mad eyes of his. I walked right past him. Kal taught me not to show fear. It was a valuable lesson.

''Hello there sweetheart,'' he murmured as I walked by. I had to stop myself from shivering.

I walked to the other end of the arena, where I turned around and faced him. His maniac smile showed of his pearly whites, but it was more threatening than appealing.

From then on it happened as if in slow motion. We nodded at the DJ, and the music started playing. Without any hesitation or warning, Jackson threw himself at me. I happened to notice he had claws on, instead of knuckles.

My mind was in a state of confusion but my instincts decided to kick in, so I rolled out of harm's way, but he didn't retreat. The attacks just kept coming.

Finally, I missed a step and the claws raked down my left arm. The crowd was screaming in delight as the crimson liquid dripped through my fingers and on to the ground. The first blood. I shook it off.

Jackson's smirk told me that he was still just toying and that those scratches could've been more than a minor wound. A display of power. And it was working.

Within split seconds he was lunging for me once again but this time I jumped as his claws came within reach of my legs, and then attempted to send a roundhouse kick in the direction of his upper body. He let out a slight oomph of pain as my foot collided with his ribcage.

The oomph sounded like a moan of pleasure.

He was sent backwards, flailing. I took it as an opportunity, and attacked once more, but it had taken him less than a second to regain his balance. Every one of my punches was met with a block, every one of my kicks, stopped before it reached it's target.

Then, without any warning, he let go of one of his claws and the four sharp metal points were flying in the general direction of my head. I barely had time to twist out of harm's way before he practically materialised behind me. Only when his hands closed around my wrist and I felt his hot breath on my neck did I realise what true intention was.

There was no time to blink let alone pull away, so I just shut my eyes and prepared myself for the pain. A sudden twist of my wrist and a sharp crack, one that nearly brought me to my knees.

I realised he'd broken it. My right one. I was as good as dead. Tears of agony were streaming down my face against my will, as I turned and faced him once more. He was still smirking but had retreated away from me, yet completely unaffected by my attacks, bar perhaps a bruise or two. I'd probably be dead by then.

I backed away, clutching my useless fist.

Jackson slowly and cautiously picked up his claw off the ground and slipped it on again. Then he burst into a fit of laughter. Realising I had no intention of attacking gave him enough nerve to even close his eyes while he did so. ''What is it sweetheart? Scared?''

I growled. ''You wish.''

He rolled his eyes. ''My wishes usually come true you know.''

As fast as lightning, he pounced and lashed out with his claws, ravaging my thighs. I screamed in agony and collapsed, my vision growing blurry. I dared to look at my leg. There were four vertical slices down each thigh, deep enough for me to see both flesh and bone.

I felt nauseous.

Jackson let out a soft laugh. ''You should never have challanged me. It was the most foolish of your decisions. Quite possibly your last one too.''

He crouched over me, pressing the claws to my cheek. ''I'm sorry, but I really feel like ruining your too-pretty face.'' I felt thick liquid pour down my face, a mixture of salty tears and metallic blood.

I wasn't going to go this easy. ''The last of my decisions huh? I'm afraid not.''

I spat in his face.

Instead of watching him turn slowly red in fury, I tried to find Dongwoo's face in the crowd. Instead, I stumbled upon Hyun Ki's red irises.

He saw me looking and cleched his jaw. I saw him mouthing something, but my vision blurred over again. Maybe he was whispering 'just die already.'

Jackson was standing over me, trying to look me in the eye as he delivered the final blow.

I felt a sudden wave of emotion. It wasn't fury. Fury made you burn up in a completely different way. And this feeling sure as hell burned.

Jackson's claws were centimetres away from my throat when I screamed.

I don't know why I did. But I did. Raw power seared through me, giving me a much needed second breath. Jackson was startled and repelled slightly by the unearthly noise coming out of my mouth.

As if on autopilot, my unbroken fist lashed out, hitting him so hard he flew through the air like a rag doll. He hit the stone wall which cracked on impact. His unconscious body slid down and lay slumped against it.

It was then, when I noticed my entire self was glowing. The golden shine surrounded my body, like an aura. My mind was too tired to try and comprehend it so I didn't even try. It began to fade, and my blurry vision returned. I closed my eyes to rest a bit.

So tired.

The last thing I remembered was someone screaming for paramedics, and G-Dragon's voice, telling me it was all going to be alright.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 232 53
[Completed] Her 17 years old crush suddenly get married to another girl. Her fairytale-like dream got crash in a second when the guy kneel down to pr...
272K 3.2K 35
Life's too short to not know how your bias would react to everyday things. [STARTED : MAY 6, 2019 | COMPLETED NOVEMBER 9, 2019]
2.9K 227 48
You promise me that you won't leave, but you ended up breaking that promise. Don't make a promise that you can't keep. Was I just another promise tha...
389K 9.7K 32
What I'm about to say is probably the most selfish thing I've ever said in my life. I love you...