Their Obsession

By NQJqueen

Have you ever wanted someone with such great passion? Every waking moment, all you can think of is them. To f... More

Copyright
**WARNING**
Trailer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 8

40.3K 879 133
By NQJqueen

If Damien was still mad about my date with Javier tonight, then he was doing a good job of showing it. I was going out with Javier and there was nothing he would be able to do about it. I don't want to upset him, but he has no right to boss me around like that, even if he is my boss.

But he didn't show any sign that he was still upset. We actually finished the meeting earlier than intended, and after Damien took me sight seeing. He can be so nice when he's not being controlling.

After that, he took me to lunch at Tour d'Argent. Though we didn't talk about the incident, it was fine with me. I didn't want to ruin the mood, and besides, it wasn't up for discussion anyways.

~

When we got back to the hotel Damien immediately leaves to go make some phone calls. And I go sit in the couch trying to find out what I should do with the rest of my day.

I'm skipping through channels on the big flat screen, that took up most of the wall when there was a knock at the door.

I got up to open the door, I was confronted with a vase full of white roses.

"These are for a Miss Watters," the messenger said, handing me the roses. He also handed me a white box.

"Who are they from?" I asked him before he walked off.

"Don't know, the front desk just told me to send it to this room to Miss Watters," he said then walked off.

"Thanks."

I closed the door and went to the couch placing everything on the coffee table. Damien came back into the room, having finished his calls.

"Who was at the door," he asks.

"Just a messenger. He wanted to drop these off to me," I filled him in.

"Well, who are they from?"

"I don't know."

I search the flowers to see if there is a card, but there isn't any. I then go for the box and open it. And this time, there is a card. On top of the wrapping paper, is a plain white envelope. Written on it is simply, April in neat fancy cursive. I open it, to read the letter.

'April, I can't wait to see you again tonight. I got you white roses because they represent purity and new beginnings, and I'm hopeful that our beginning will be a pleasant one. What's in here is something I specifically picked out for you for tonight. I hope it's to your liking.

A bientôt
-Javier'

I move the wrapping paper to reveal a red silk dress. I'm so amazed that I'm speechless. I even forgot that Damien was here until he spoke up.

"Who are they from April?" he asks again.

"Just a friend," I said. Though I don't think I knew Javier well enough to call him a friend. But I was trying to be as vague as possible. Not that it worked, because Damien just grabbed the letter from me. He took a second to read it and then stared at me, then at the dress.

"No!" he simply said.

"Excuse me-"

"We don't date our clients," he cut me off.

"It's not a date. It's just a business meeting," I lied pointlessly.

"Oh, so now you're dealing business with my clients now? What business?"

"That's confidential. Not allowed to talk about them when they aren't around."

I thought he would have said more. But he just chuckled lightly, almost unnoticeable and walked away. Taking the letter with him. I would have protested, but decided not to push my luck.

What was that all about.

~

I was so nervous, as I got ready. The dress is strapless with a slit in the front and a heart shaped top. It's long and flowing, with layers of silk material. I'm wearing nude pumps to give me more height, as when I was standing next to Javier, the top of my head barely reached his shoulder. Plus they looked amazing with the dress. Javier definitely had great taste. Which makes me wonder if he's ever shopped for other women before.

I curled my hair a bit to give it more volume, and a wore light makeup, with a bold crimson lipstick. Looking in the mirror I have to admit, I look good. I kind of look like Jessica Rabbit, without red hair and less makeup.

I look at the time and see that it's 7:40, almost time for Javier to pick me up. When I leave my room and head for the living room, and find Damien sitting on the couch doing work on his laptop. When I walk in, he stares at me.

"What do you think?" I ask him. I didn't really want to ask him, in case he brought up another argument. But I really wanted someone's opinion. I would have asked Mark if I was back at home, but since Damien was the only one I have, I'm forced to rely on him.

"And be honest," I add.

"You look beautiful," he smiles. He walks up to me while looking at me up and down. He pushes my hair behind my ear, caressing my cheek then lifting my chin, so I'm looking into his eyes. Something passes in his eyes, so quick that I'm not even sure what it is or if it even happened. We are having a quiet moment just staring at each other when there is a knock at the door.

I can see the annoyance in Damien's face as he knows that the knocking is.

He doesn't say anything, but just grunts and goes to open the door. And standing at the other side is Javier. He's wearing a suit that matches the color of my dress, with a black tie and black dress shirt. And he is also carrying a single red rose as well.

The whole room is silent for the longest of time. It became really awkward because they are both just staring at each other. I can't see Damien's face as his back is turned to me. But I can see the annoyance with a slight anger is Javier's eyes.

There seems to be a quite showdown happening and it looks like Javier won because he passes past Damien to join me in the room. He takes my hand bowing down to give my hand a kiss. He hands me the single red rose, bowing when he rises back up.

The perfect gentleman.

"Ready to go?"

"Yes," I smile.

I feel so giddy inside.
He hooks my arm into his and we head for the door. Before we leave I give Damien a little wave goodbye. Even though he looks calm, the anger is clearly there.

~

"So where are we going?" I ask Javier when we get into the back of the limo that he brought to take us.

"Actually, there has been a change of plans. There's actually a gala that I must attend to tonight. And I was hoping you would come with me."

"Okay. Am I underdressed-"

"Oh no, you look absolutely smashing, perfect," he says kissing my cheek.

We arrive at the hotel where the gala is being held, and it's absolutely stunning. Bright tiny lights hang from the dark ceiling illuminating the place. Making it look like a starry night.

Javier and I walk down the wide staircase leading to the floor with bustling people where all the chatter is happening. I don't understand what they are saying as my french is barely existent, but I look so exciting. I've never been to one of these before, so I'm almost positive that I'm the only one who is actually excited about being here.

Javier introduced me to many people as they came to talk to us. They are polite in greeting me, but it is clear that they are more interested in talking to Javier. I don't mind though as they only spoke in french and I wouldn't have understood what they were talking about anyways.

"Javier!" said another man coming to talk to us. He has sleek back black graying hair and a smooth, spade-shaped beard, matching the color of his graying hair. There is a smiling woman at his side, walking next to him as he approaches us.

"Javier it's so good to see you again," he says.

They shake hands and Javier introduces us.

"April this is my great friend Claude Poirier, and his wife Renée."

"Enchanté," Renée said, coming over to kiss me on both cheeks.

"Nice to meet you," I said.

"Oh, elle est un Américain?" she said to Javier. He nodded at her and resumes his conversation with Claude.

She continues to talk to me, telling me a bunch of things I don't understand. I just nod politely and try to hold on to as much of the conversation as I can. But Renée can talk up a storm. I catch a glimpse of Javier looking at me and snickering.

"Tu sais quelque chose," Renée continues dragging me attention back to her. "Vous devez participer à l'action . Nous pourrions vraiment utiliser quelqu'un comme vous pour obtenir ces hommes de vraiment creuser profondément dans leurs poches et de faire un grand don."

I didn't understand anything, so like usual I just smile and nod.

"Mercie beaucoup. Votre participation signifie beaucoup. Je viens te chercher quand il est temps de commencer." She kissed me on both cheeks and then to join her husband who seems to have finished his conversation with Javier. They bid us a good night and proceed to talk to other guests.

"You know you just participated to be in the auction," he turned to me.

"What?! No."

What the heck.

"That's what she was asking you about and you agreed."

"What! Why didn't you stop me."

Great just great.

"Because it's for a good cause. And don't worry," he laughed, "I'll buy you."

When it was time for the auction, as promised Renée came to get me. Javier had explained to me that they would action of the ladies who participated for the a date with they men who donated the most to go with them.

When it was time to begin, the MC came on ad started with the first girl. After a few bids, she was sold for $22,000.

Okay, this isn't so bad. You only have to last five minutes and then you can be off.

Renée is before me, and then after her, it's my turn. After many bids, she was sold to her husband for $65,000. And then it's my turn. I stand in the front of the stage and everyone is looking at me. And then the MC started talking.

"This is April Watters, an American. April enjoys reading, writing, and sometimes dabbles in coding. She likes to be active and enjoys cooking with friends. April's also a yoga instructor in her free time, which means she is verry flexible gentleman," the MC winks on that note.

All those things are lies, of course. I barely understand Microsoft XL, much less be able to code. And I've never done yoga in my life. I wonder when they even had time to come up with that back story.

"Bidding begins at $10,000," the MC continued.

"$10,000,' came a man in the crowd. It isn't Javier and I also don't know him. Javier let the bidding get to $50,000 before he finally piped up.

"$50,000 à l'homme dans le costume rouge," the MC said talking really fast.

"$60,000," came someone else. But it isn't Javier. And when I look towards the direction of the voice, I see Damien.

What the hell is he doing here?

Everything stops for me for a second. The MC is still going, but nothing he's saying is registering to my brain. I thought I was only gone for a second, but apparently I wasn't, because when I tune back in to what's happening the bidding has reached $100,000.
But it just keeps rising.

"We have $140,000 pour l'homme dans le costume rouge," the MC continues, stating at Javier.

At this point, everyone else has back at, and it's only Javier and Damien doing any bidding.

"$200,000," Damien came back with.

"Screw this, $1,000,000," Javier came back with. Everyone in the room gasped and every single undivided attention was turned to me.

This is so embarrassing. Please floor swallow me up.

If Javier thought that was going to stop Damien, he was incredibly wrong because Damien came back with "$2,000,000."

That's it I'm done.

I turn to walk off the stage because I'm fed up with this embarrassment.

"April comes back," the MC calls after me, "your our biggest asset!"

I'm walking down the steps of the stage when both Javier and Damien come meet me at the bottom. But I just walk right past them.

"April where are you going?" Damien grasps my hand stopping me, but I quickly brush him off.

"Back to the hotel! You guys are embarrassing me."

I try to continue walking, but he stops me again.

"April I'm sorry, I didn't mean to put you on the stop. Let me, at least, take you back," Damien offers.

"No! She came with me so I should take her back," Javier pipes up.

"But she's staying with me."

Then they start a whole new commotion of fighting again.

I'm done with this.

"Shut up! See you guys are still fighting. I'm taking myself back."

"April wait!" They both say at the same time. But I'm done with their bull for one night. So I just keep walking. I don't even know how to find my way back to the hotel, but it's better than being around those two and their bickering.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363 9 24
Jasmine's life has been full of misfortunes and losses, but nothing compared to the moment her daughter was taken from her right before her eyes. She...
504K 15.9K 38
Nora James has spent her entire life taking care of her sisters. After her parent's messy divorce and her mother's desire to pursue her own dreams aw...
313K 4.1K 10
"You've given me a taste of you and now-- I want more." Shayla Hart, a 27-year-old, fiercely independent woman, with aspirations of becoming an arch...
517K 11.1K 37
| 𝟭𝟲𝘅 𝗙𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗘𝗗 · [EDITORS' CHOICE -- NOVEMBER 2020] [ONC 2020 Winner] Two strangers on separate trains, divided by uncaring glass. A bond...