Mute, not Deaf

By kae-now-what

For Casey Williams, life was perfect. Her Dad is a big time lawyer and her mom owns the best bakery in town... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8: Lucy's POV
Chapter 9: Lucy/James POV
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - Guest POV
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Business as Usual
Epilogue
This is Me Signing Off
In honor of 125k reads...

Chapter 26

16.7K 563 151
By kae-now-what

"I'm just saying that it isn't fair that YOU get a room and I just get a stupid cast that doesn't even have a marvel reference!" Haley yelled in disbelief. Saylor shushed her and turned her attention towards me.

"Was she betting on getting a special cast?" Saylor questioned I nodded my head and smiled. Saylor slapped her forehead. "I've gotta talk to a doctor. This is an OUTRAGE!" Saylor yelled and walked out of the room. Haley followed.

"They are so so stupid." Jason muttered. Lucy elbowed him playfully in the stomach and he doubled over. "I didn't say you were stupid." He wheezed.

"Girls gotta stick together." Lucy shrugged. Jason grumbled under his breath but stopped when Lucy looked at him. I smiled at them.

"I'm just saying, Chance. You couldn't have killed Drew when you first saw him because of a feeling. It wouldn't go over in court. Even if I wish it would." A voice said. I looked towards the door and saw Derek and Chance walk in. Chance shrugged.

"I'm just saying that I could've done it." He retorted. I held in my laughter at the two. Sometimes it's funny how things work out. Chance snapped his head towards me and narrowed his eyes challengingly.

"I told you that I didn't like him." He stated and walked out of the room yelling,"I'm grabbing Whataburger!" Derek snickered at him.

"Your mom is with Grant. He insisted on getting you something from the gift shop." Derek explained. I nodded my head and opened my mouth. "Nope. No talking." Derek covered my mouth with his hand. I wrinkled my nose and licked it. He snatched his hand back and gave me a disgusted look.

"What? Were you raised in a barn?" He asked. Lucy and Jason snickered at his reaction.

"Hey Jason, weren't we going to run to Chick-fil-a?" Lucy inquired. Jason looked downright confused.

"I thought Chase and Jake were doing that?" Lucy looked at him. I could almost see her willing him to read her mind. She sighed and slapped her forehead.

"Come on Dumb-butt." She muttered and grabbed his hand, leading him out the door.

"Hey! That's my saying!" Jason objected. Derek  had a twinkle in his eye as he collapsed in the chair.

"What do you say that she had a double meaning under her words?" He asked. I raised my eyebrows. "Yeah, yeah. Women telepathy or something. Now down to business. Do you think coach will let me out of practice? I ran A LOT today." Derek inquired. I shook my head. His coach will never let him out of practice.

"Didn't think so." He sighed and rubbed his forehead. "I'm not going then. I'll blame on you, ok?" I stared at him in disbelief. He just saved my life and he's just sitting in the chair like nothing happened. He sat up quickly and slapped his forehead.

"I almost forgot! How are you feeling?" Derek blurted. I stared at him in awe. He never stops moving, does he. "I also wanted to remind you that I WARNED YOU ABOUT DREW! Who was right? Derek was right." He did a dance around the room and sat on my bed.

"Guess what? Chance tried to get Ralph in your hospital room. It was hilarious. Eventually they caught him because APPARENTLY suitcases can't bark." I rolled my eyes at him. He was rambling about the most random things.

I sat up and slapped him softly in the back of the head. He needs to stop pretending like he isn't shaken up. Derek sighed and flopped on his back. I patted the spot next to me and he scooted over to it.

"What did the doctor say about your voice?" I stuck out my hand and he gave me a piece of paper. I wrote:

He said that if I wish to talk without being in pain, then I have to have a surgery. The surgery can either make or break me. There is a chance that it will help and there is a chance that it will keep me from even attempting to speak ever again. I don't know what to do Derek.

He read the paper with a look of deep concentration. When he was done he looked at me with a troubled look in his eyes.

"Don't worry Case. God has a plan and it will work out in the end. Pray about it." He squeezed me in a hug and sighed at the ceiling. "What do you say I convince the doctor to let you out for a bit. I saw this cupcake-bakery type thing on the way here." I nodded my head and jumped out of the bed. Derek looked at me with a disapproving glare. "Don't hurt yourself. What would I tell your mom? Oh hey, your daughter jumped out of bed and died. Sorry!" He remarked sarcastically. I snickered at him and skipped to the bathroom to change.

What do I wear? This isn't a date, is it? Wait a sec...why does my face look like I got run over? Have I looked like that all day? Derek must have a high respect for me if he could look at this face right now.

Forget it, I am always fabulous. Now onto the next mission. If this is a date, what do I wear? Drew took me to a fancy place, so it was easy because it was generic. This is different! I grabbed my bag and looked in it.

I only had one outfit.

I guess that solves my problem. I slipped on the skinny jeans and oversized sweater. I grabbed my not so clean converse and threw my hair up in a bun. I skipped back out of the bathroom. Derek was sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Wow Case, simple, but beautiful as always." He winked and offered me his arm. "Shall we leave my fair maiden." I nodded my head. He shot me a smile and led me out of the hospital and to his car.

"So I was thinking, cupcakes then the park? Let's delay going back to the hospital as long as possible." Derek stated. I smiled in agreement. I appreciate everything that the nurses and doctors do but I couldn't wait to be done with that place.

Derek drove up and parked at the cupcakery. I hopped out of the car and raced Derek to the door. He rolled his eyes.

"Case, you have to let me be a gentleman for once!" He whined. I smirked at him and went to stand in line. "I get to pick out what you eat." I challengingly stared at him. He tutted at me. "Nope. You wouldn't let me be a gentleman so I'm picking out your cupcake." I sighed in defeat.

"Hey! I would like that huge red velvet cupcake there and a that other huge chocolate cupcake." Derek ordered. The woman looked at him with a look of disbelief.

"Uh, ok, but I can't let you do that." She responded. Derek raised his eyebrows.

"Why not?" He asked. She looked at us with a twinkle in her eye.

"Because you haven't bought your girlfriend a hot chocolate to go with it." She stated as if it was in plain sight. I covered my smile as Derek stared at the woman in disbelief. He recovered and gave her an award winning smile.

"Fair enough, ma'am. I'll have two hot chocolates as well then." She nodded in satisfaction.

"Your order is on the house because she is adorable. You can thank her later." The woman left Derek in shock to pack up the cupcakes. She made the hot chocolates and handed us our food and drinks. Derek thanked her and walked with me to the truck.

"Well, that just happened." He turned towards me. "Thanks for be adorable Casey Williams." I blushed and he threw his head back in laughter. He started driving to the park as I sipped my hot chocolate.

He parked in the parking lot of the park and hopped out of the car. He raced to my door and opened the door.

"M'lady." He bowed and I pushed him over. He looked at me in mock hurt. "Oh Case, how you hurt me so!" People were looking at us with smiles so I pointed at him and shrugged. Derek rolled his eyes and put the cupcakes in my purse. He grabbed my hand with his free one and started walking forward.

"I can't have you getting lost Case." I blushed at our entwined hands and sighed. It somehow felt different than it did with Drew. Derek started babbling about his mother and Dean. I listened somewhat diligently as we walked deeper into the park. When we got to a rather large oak tree, Derek stopped and sat under the tree. I sat next to him and leaned against the trunk.

"Eat your red velvet cupcake Case, then you can tell me how awesome I am. I slapped him in the shoulder and he chuckled at me. I took a bite out of the red velvet cake. I sighed in delight. Fine. Derek was awesome.

"I know I am." He's a mind reader. I swear he is. "I'm not a mind reader. I'm just good at reading your expressions." I looked at him in shock and he smiled a mouth full of chocolate. I slapped him in the back of the head.

"Casey. Why are you so violent? Is it because I'm adorable?" Derek asked. I rolled my eyes. I stared at him as his face turned serious.

"Casey Williams, I know this may be weird but I was wondering if-"

Ding.

I pulled out my phone to see a text.

Mom: The doctor has new information. I need you and Derek back now.

Casey: We will be there in 15 minutes.

Mom: Ok

I showed Derek the text message. He smiled at me and gave me a hug.

"I'll finish this conversation another day, yeah?" He asked. I nodded and he grabbed my hand to lead me to the car.

What was he going to ask me?
**
Hey Kae's Baes!

What was Derek going to ask her?

Hmmmm... I don't know.

Anyway, I almost forgot to write a chapter. Then I did, so it's all good. I spend the day redecorating my room. It's going well so far. I got a bunch of good stuff for Christmas. How was your holidays?

There will only be about 2 more chapters of this story but I'm thinking about letting y'all write one shots for fun.

What do you think about that?

Also, thank you for 12.6k reads! That's amazing!

Random Question of The Chapter:

What was your favorite part of the holidays?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 6.1K 75
šƒš„š‘š„šŠ š‡š€š‹š„. "you're mine sweetheart, you're always going to be mine... forever." or in which a dark, brooding, mysterious alpha werewolf m...
461 0 15
Alexis is a werewolf but her life is a little different. She has two moms. It has never happened before but her moms are mates. She has her own mate...
12.7K 349 22
I had to admit, he was cute. His eyes sparkled nervously and his lips were a lovely shade of natural red. He had his arms crossed over his chest, a g...
5.9M 154K 49
"Head down, ears open. Don't bother anyone, and no one will bother you. Whatever you do, stay quiet. You've done it for 6 years, you can go a year an...