Lipstick

By rifleshots

[completed]. Adrianna Clanford doesn't like lipstick, lip-gloss or anything that goes on your face. Which may... More

Lipstick
Cast & Playlist
Zero - Lipstick
One - Mascara
Two - Flip-Flops
Three - Lip-Gloss
Four - Combats
Five - Eye-Shadow
Six - Nail Polish
Seven - Bracelets
Eight - Beanies
Nine - Converses
Ten - Oversized Sweaters
Eleven - Flannel
Twelve - Cross Hoops
Fourteen - Leather Jackets
Fifteen - Perfume
Sixteen - Customized Hoodies
Seventeen - Chapsticks
Eighteen - Silver Rings
Nineteen - Bronzer
Twenty - Complete Makeup Kit

Thirteen - Denim Jeans

7.3K 403 61
By rifleshots

Thirteen – Denim Jeans

Back when I was in the fourth grade and had been rejected by my first crush: Billy Holbans – the laid-back boy with the long dark hair, Riley had told me that the best way to get rid of it was to bake. It really didn't mean I had to be good at it, all I had to do is mix together a chunky batter of flour, milk and eggs, knead it into a sticky dough and punch my sorrows away.

Billy Holbans had been a round white mixture of sticky nonsense, receiving punch after punch that day. I should be grateful really... because Billy – now Bill, please ­– turned into one of those guys who smoked at the back of school and slapped girls' behinds just because it was fun.

So, because I was feeling boy-dejected and seriously had to figure out my feelings right now, I had decided to stay home and bake a punching bag. Skipping school and a shift at Deli's for like the third time now was going to cost me, but it was worth it.

My head was processing so many things and I was all dressed up in my sweats and crop, ready to punch away. The first picture I imagined was that stupid Baileen Horan.

The first punch in and I growled inwardly. She and Trent? Together? What the actual fuck? And how the hell did I miss that?!

I felt a pang of regret, pain and dejection when I'd remembered yesterday. They'd seen me – probably because they'd realized that people didn't enjoy free porn and that – that Baileen had had the fucking guts to laugh, in my face! Trent had looked apologetic, but all I'd done was ran, ran away so they wouldn't see the tears that were coming up behind my lids.

"Adrianna!" Trent had called me. I didn't know why, but I really hadn't wanted to see or hear him right then. I hadn't even know why I'd felt so angry – me and Trent had never been a thing. Hell, he didn't even know I'd existed, except on rare occasions.

I'd felt someone grab my arm, yanking me back. I kept my head down as my body collided with Trent's. I couldn't – I wouldn't let him see me cry.

"Why are you running?" he'd screamed in my face.

"Um, your – your girlfriend's waiting for you, maybe you should go."

"Yeah, but where've you been? I didn't see you in school today. But it doesn't matter – where're you going at this time?" I'd noticed then that he hadn't denied it. He hadn't denied it when I'd called Baileen his girlfriend.

"I – I didn't know you and... you and Baileen were a thing."

He'd been silent before he cleared his throat, shuffling his feet. "Well... I – I kind of wanted to keep it a secret."

"So you've been dating long?"

He gently let go of my hand. "Adrianna, she's been my girlfriend since the tenth grade—but, it doesn't matter right now. Let's get you inside." He'd moved to take my hand but I'd retreated away from him.

"Um, I – I gotta go." I'd breathed out and ran at the fastest speed I could away from him. He was so fucking oblivious and that wasn't even the worst part.

Since the tenth grade! Since the fucking tenth grade. So when she'd said – I shut my eyes as the tears fell. God I had been such a big idiot.

I was sweating by then as I kept punching the batter. My hand was hurting from the force I was using, but the rage was too flaming to stop.

So, all those times when he'd asked me...

Punch.

... When he'd separated the fights between me and Baileen...

Punch.

... When he'd freaking borrowed my notes. For her. For Baileen!

Punch, punch.

He'd never cared. Not once, all he'd wanted to rescue his freaking plastic headed girlfriend from probably getting a black eye. And me, ever so oblivious and stupid as ever had thought –

"AH!" I screamed loudly, rapidly punching the batter. The beads of sweat from my forehead fell into my eyes and I ignored the stinking sensation as I tried to catch my breath.

I was an idiot. There was no other explanation. And the fucking hysterical part was right now all I could think about was my next door neighbour. I didn't know why but I wanted to see Aiden, rant to him, take out my frustrations at something... anything.

I wanted his blue eyes to look at me while I talked, his arms to hold me if I cried, his voice to soothe me out of the pain... I let out a loud disbelieving laugh, I was truly losing my fucking mind.

I picked up the tattered batter again, fluffing it up and punching again. Harder this time.

I just wanted everything to go away.

---

"Adrianna Bethany Clanford, I will not have you not go to school!" Doris screamed in my face immediately I opened the door.

I offered her a weak smile, frankly too tired to argue as I walked into the house. My brain was tired from thinking, my heart was tired from pounding and the numerous feelings it had to envelope and my hands were tired from punching.

"Seriously Dee, I can't go to school and not have you there by my side to curse at the bitchy girls at school."

I laughed, plopping down on the couch. "Sorry Doris."

She rolled her eyes, sitting down beside me. "You look like shit though. What the hell happened? World war XI?"

"I've just been really into thinking that's all?"

She frowned, "Please don't tell me you spent your day doing that stupid when-in-doubt-punch-a-blob-of-batter thing Riley told you about."

I grinned sheepishly, giving a one shoulder shrug.

She groaned, "I told you already – even though I love your sister to pieces, that's one of the stupidest rituals I have ever seen in my life. If you have problems, just talk it out with someone."

"But there was no one to talk to."

She smirked mischievously. "Well, that's why you have me? Now tell me, what's got you all worked up?"

I laughed again, staring at her. "Did you know?"

"Of course not, that's why I'm in front of you, stupid."

"No, Baileen and Trent. Did you know that they're a thing?"

Doris gasped, scooting closer as her brown eyes widened. "That witch – oh my God, I'm sure she's bewitched him or something? I mean what's attractive about Baileen?"

I shrugged lazily, "She may be a mental bitch, but she's kinda pretty – fake blonde and everything you know?"

Doris shook her head, touching my knee softly, "No honey, when a girl steals your man, you don't compliment her okay? Keep the hate-fire burning."

I chuckled, "Trent and I were never a thing."

She sighed, "I'll say."

"I mean – I guess—I don't know what I thought honestly. I mean it'll be crazy if someone like Trent didn't have a girlfriend, it just hurts more to know that the person he was dating was Baileen you know? It's painful that she wins."

I was met with silence before Doris sighed, leaning against my legs. "Trent doesn't know what he's losing – I mean sure he didn't know that you've had a crush on him since the sixth grade –"

"Seventh."

"Potato-pitato. Sure he doesn't know, but you're thrice seven times the raddest bitch that fake Baileen could ever be."

I gave her an appreciative smile, "Thanks Dor,"

"And besides, that guy next door is way hotter than Trent, so who gives right?"

This had me sitting up, "What? This has nothing to do with Aiden."

She grinned, "So? Tell me, have you talked to him about the kiss? Are you guys taking things to the next level now? C'mon Dee, fill me in."

I frowned, "How did this end up being about Aiden when I was talking about my dilemma with Trent?"

She waved me off, "Oh please, I'm in a good mood today; the last thing I need is to talk about that Baileen."

I sighed, "Well, we haven't talked about it yet... he did bring it up, I just didn't want to talk about it."

My best friend smacked the back of my head, a deep frown etched onto her features. I shot up, rubbing the back of my sore head and wincing in pain.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?"

"For being a stupid person who's clearly in denial."

I glared at her, "I'm not in denial."

Doris stood up from the couch, pacing around the living room, "So, let me get this straight: you kissed a hot boy, who, by the way clearly likes you cause he looks like you like you're the freaking Marie Antoinette and the savior of his soul, then he asks you about the kiss, and then you blow him off. You blow off your first and probably most memorable chance at banging a hot guy. Who's in denial?"

I gaped at her, then opened and closed my mouth with no words coming out. "Well when you say it like that..."

She smacked the back of my head again, "There's no 'other way to say it' Adrianna. You did a stupid thing and you're going to make up for it."

I pouted, "If you think I'm going to go and talk to Aiden about shit, you're the one in serious denial."

She shook her head, grabbing her school blazer. "Oh trust me when I say you're going to. Here's the assignment for the day. Now go wear something nice."

I stared at her like she was crazy. Which she probably was because here I was trying to avoid Aiden at all costs possible and she was telling me I needed to go talk to him about our kiss. I mean what the hell was I supposed to say? "hey Aiden we kissed and although I still think you're an idiot, you're a fucking good lip worker so lets make out again?"

Maybe I wasn't the only one who needed that mental hospital.

"Hello?" Doris snapped her fingers in my face, "Earth to Adrianna. Can we move? I gotta go home you know?"

I dragged myself as she pulled me off the couch, "I don't wanna go Doris,"

"Yeah. But you're going to have to."

Just then the doorbell rang and I wanted to kiss the person at the door right now. I stepped out of Doris's hold and grinned at her.

"Saved by the bell,"

"Only for now Adrianna."

But my heart stopped when I opened the door to reveal – talk about the blue-eyed devil – Aiden Pine.

Doris, who had come to stand beside me, snickered. "Saved by the bell indeed. And a very good-looking savior at that." She finished, nudging me.

Aiden chuckled, impressing Doris. "Hey, you must be Moris?"

I gasped, oh my – how the hell did he figure that out? Doris had a confused look on her face.

"Well you're close but my name is actually Doris. You're really good at guessing – I guess." She finished with a laugh.

Aiden arched a smug brow, "Well I'm really good at close-guessing." He was talking to her but he was looking at me.

We stood in silence after that and I realized I hadn't said anything, so – and because of the subtle yet not so soft pinches Doris was literally giving me was hurting – I smiled.

"Okay, so since you were leaving, see you later Doris," I grinned, pushing her out of the house. I ignored the "make good choices" she'd mouthed at me with a wink before she'd waved to Aiden and ran out.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Aiden who found the whole thing amusing. "I like your friend."

I smiled, "Yeah, it's kinda hard not to." I opened the door wider, "You wanna come in?"

"Why?" he asked with a smirk, "Are you finally over the fear that I'm going to kiss you again? Or is it because you want it this time?"

I blushed, rolling my eyes as he stepped into the house. "Shut up Aiden."

---

A/N : slowly, slowly the chugga chugga train goes and so does this story. Slow and steady its going to get there :) vote, comment and share! Thanks x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.2K 1.9K 90
She gazed into her dark brown eyes with lust and pain. A rose as red as her tainted lips she'd put behind her ear, still holding it there, never want...
15K 252 49
"Short, be my girlfriend." What?! Me? Become his girlfriend?! Are you kidding?! I'm just an ordinary girl with a simple and a little life, while this...
47K 698 28
It would be the best night of their lives and they didn't even know. --- "would you do anything for me to go with you?" Felix again nodded. "anyth...
11.9K 412 12
This story is discontinued. But it still has a few smut scenes so feel free to read those. being friends with aone was great. best friends in fact...