Give It Up

De RissyRozzayy

At school, Hope is known as the baddest girl around. Every girl wanted to be her and every guy wanted to have... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 (Part 1)
Chapter 5 (Part 2)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 9

25.6K 598 170
De RissyRozzayy

*Hope's POV:

"Heyy B," I said cautiously walking to her. "What's with the long face?"

I reached out and pinched her chubby cheeks throwing my famous puppy dog face at her. I was trying to play things off hoping she didn't see what just happened a couple minutes ago.

"You ain't walk with me today," she said with a sour face.

"Sorry, I was walking and then this car stopped on the side of the road and offered me a ride," I said.

"So you taking rides from strangers now?" I could tell she didn't believe a word I was saying.

"Nahh, it was a friend," I replied.

"Oh, ard," she rolled her eyes then walked away.

I wanted to call out to her and explain everything, but I knew it would be just a big life.

I just stood there helpless, desperate for Brooklyn to come back with no memory of what just happened. I watched the people around me shuffle about rushing to their classes-- Brooklyn's chestnut brown hair disappearing in the thickening crowd.

************************************************************************************************************

*Xavi's POV:

I pulled up to the school and almost ran inside at how excited I was. 

Today was the day I was going to make Hope Gonzalez my girl.

************************************************************************************************************

*Hope's POV:

Thank God, Brooklyn lightened up a little after a couple hours. See? This is why we're best friends. We can NEVER stay mad at each other. She my ride or die bitch-- through thick or thin. I know I'll always be there for her, and her always there for me. 

We was sitting down at lunch, clowning as usual. We were talking bout the BET Awards and how Kevin Hart was acting hella crazy.

"TURN UP MAN! TURN UP!" Brooklyn said mocking him.

"Hashtag, that seat must be happy," I winked. We erupted into a fit of laughter.

"I swear, he was on something that night. But then again, that's Kevin for you," she laughed. 

"True!" I laughed some more. 

I then looked over and caught Xavi staring at me from another table. My heart skipped two beats and I started smiling.

"Girl, you smiling like Lance Gross just came in the room shirtless," she smiled. "Or wait. Did he?!"

She looked extra dumb twisting around in her seat, her eyes frantically looking for Lance Gross who was no where around. She stopped looking around the room when her eyes landed on the same person I was looking at.

She turned around and gave me that look, "Y'all should just go ahead and go together already. Y'all being erky keeping everything on the downlow. It's OBVIOUS y'all two both like each other. Ughhh! Or do I have to do EVERYTHING?"

I took my gaze off Xavi and looked back at her. "No, it's fine. Me and Xavi ain't meant for each other and you already know why. There's other niggas out in the nigga sea."

So what I got butterflies almost every time I saw him. So what my heart beat a little faster whenever I heard his name? So what no matter how much I said I liked DeMarco, Xavi always found a way back into my heart?

It's not like me and Xavi would ever be more than friends. I'm surprised we're even 'friends' in the first place (if that's what you wanna call it).

So I might as well just go ahead and stop with all the bullsh*t and games because all the kisses, hugs, stares, or whatever the hell else we do mean absolutely NOTHING to me...

Or do they?

************************************************************************************************************

*Xavi's POV:

"Ayee Brooklyn!" I called out to Brooklyn packing up her lunch at one of the tables nearby. It was just us in the courtyard. I guess Hope had somewhere to go or whatever but it was fine with me. It was Brooklyn I needed to talk to.

"Hey Xavi, what's up?" she said throwing her trash away.

"I need you to help me," I said. "Send a text to Hope asking her to meet you by the stairwell in the old hallway around 1:30."

"Xavi, I told you this already-"

"I know," I said. "I stopped everything. I'm shutting down the business. K'eion and Marcus just gotta sell off the last couple of packs we got in stock, then we're done. I did alot of thinking and realized, when you finally have someone that catches your eye, you'd have to be on some serious drugs to let them go like that."

"Xavi," Brooklyn said, "How do I know you ain't lying to me? How do I know once you get her, you won't go back?"

"I swear on my life. I wouldn't do ANYTHING to hurt Hope. She expressed that she don't wanna be with no thug, so it's only right I change my ways if I want to earn her heart. She's just one girl I can't afford to lose."

Everything i just said was true. Hope really was a girl I couldn't afford to lose. Everything just felt right around her. I mean, I wasn't in love or nothing, but I was pretty damn close. 

************************************************************************************************************

*Hope's POV:

I was in the middle of Spanish when I got a text from Brooklyn telling me to meet her outside.

Normally, I wouldn't even have my phone on during class but today it was extra boring.

Ms. Romero was just talking nonstop. Her voice was just so.... ugh! It was like a lullaby of it's own. Almost the whole class was asleep and I was close until my phone buzzed in my pocket. What made it worse, was that Xavi wasn't there. I know, I shouldn't care. But I liked just being in his presence. It just did something to me. Something that I can't really describe.

I wasn't even sure where his ass went. He was just here like a couple minutes ago. But then again, I'm not surprised he didn't come back.

I raised my hand.

"Yes Ms. Gonzalez?" the teacher called out.

"May I go to the bathroom? It's kind of that time of the month again.... if you know what I-"

"Go! Go! Just go! No details please!" she shooed me out of the room.

That was easy. I pushed out the door at the back of the classroom into the hallway.

I walked down the hallway and started approaching the steps Brooklyn told me to meet her in front of.

I rounded the corner and instead of seeing Brooklyn like I expected, I saw Xavi.

************************************************************************************************************

*Xavi's POV:

"Okay, I sent the text. She should be coming any minute now," Brooklyn whispered to me as she went to go hide.

I heard footsteps approaching the stairs where I was supposed to meet Hope. I prayed it was her. I didn't need some random person coming and messing everything up.

The person walked around the corner and I looked up to see it was her. Her eyes widened when she saw me but quickly went back to normal once she realized who I was. 

"Hey, have you seen Brooklyn around?" she asked.

"Nahh, but I need to ask you something," I pulled her closer to me before she tried making an excuse to run away.

Okay, I took a deep breath. Here goes...

************************************************************************************************************

*Hope's POV:

He looked like he was waiting for me.

"Hey have you seen Brooklyn around?" I asked.

"Nahh, but I need to ask you something," he pulled me closer.

I was completely paralyzed. My brain was fighting itself unsure of whether to stay or walk away.

"Hope," he started. "Every since this weekend, I couldn't stop thinking about you. At first, when you said I had to leave my life in the streets, I though you were out of your damn mind. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I would be a complete fool to let you slip through my fingers like that. Especially for something so temporary and irrelevant. Sure, it earns a decent amount of money, but I'd rather earn money doing a real, legal job that's SAFE and I don't gotta worry about my girl being in danger." He rubbed my arm and smiled at me, which sent chills up my spine.

"And that's why I quit. I quit my life on the streets. I left it all behind-- for the chance of being with you. I mean, you can't deny, we have something. Look at how we were the other night. We both can't ignore the fact we have feelings for each other."

The fact that Xavi gave all this up for me made me like him more than anything. I wanted to rush into his arms and just yell in his ear that I like him back but I still wasn't sure. 

I wasn't sure if we would work or not. Yeah, he gave up his old life. But still, what if we just weren't meant to be. 

And then there's DeMarco.....

"Come on guys!" Brooklyn said stepping out of a corner. "Just kiss and hug and and makeup or whatever type of sh*t y'all gotta do! We know y'all both like each other. Stop being so damn awkward! Leaving the audience with suspense and sh*t. Come ON!" she pushed me and Xavi's bodies together until we were both centimeters about. 

I could have sworn I felt Xavi's heart pounding against my own. Looking into his deep, caramel colored eyes, I finally realized. 

I wanted Xavier Douglas to be mine. I wanted to become his one and only.

"I'm yours," I said leaning in and kissing the soft lips I grew to love in the past few days. Who ever knew I would be hooking up with a thug--well, an EX thug-- but it's whatever. I was proud to finally call him mine and I'm sure he thought the same.

************************************************************************************************************

*A/N:

#TeamXavi fans, y'all happy now? Looks like Hope went for the big X lol

Oh yeah, and if you haven't already, check out my new story "Careful What You Wish For," and give me ideas for a cover/title. My email is in my profile if you want to email me a cover. Winner gets all the VIP benefits. Dedication, shoutout, follow, unnlimited reads.... yeah stuff like that. May the best cover/title win :)

COMMENT AND VOTE

Happy Reading :)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

155K 6.2K 80
#6 in BOOKS and #33 in CHICKLIT(highest ranking )---- Jessie is hopeless about finding love, after asking out the fourteenth guy she had a crush on...
1.4K 86 42
✨️Diamond is in an Abusive relationship with Jacques. She feels like her life is over but there's always a light at the end of the tunnel. ✨️Jacques...
881K 21.3K 20
(SLOWLY EDITING) *Read at your own risk* Who ever thought that a sweet girl like Rose would cross paths with a street thug like Ramon. Rose was alwa...
12K 481 40
(If you haven't read Makin It Through this book 2 so you gon be mad confused) It has been six years since Tommy been locked up. The judge has let him...