The Centipede《 Vampire Knight...

By zombigail-chan

Keiko Kaneki is a new student in Cross Academy. Lovable, kind and always forgiving, it's generally impossible... More

01: [ Such a Doll ]
02: [ Hunger and InSaNiTY ]
03: [ Evening Walks in the Darkness ]
04: [ The Real Monsters ]
05 : [ Hello Darling ]
06 : [ Facade ]
07 : [ To Devour ]
08 : [ Who Are You? ]
10 : [ The Night Class ]
11 : [ Conversations with Vampires ]
12 : [ Living with Vampires ]
13 : [ Secrets ]
14 : [ Stranger Danger ]
15 : [ Reunions ]

09 : [ Decision Made ]

24.3K 859 313
By zombigail-chan

---

If an angelic being fell from the sky and tried to live in this world of ours, I think even they would commit many wrongs

---

"Forgive me, Headmaster. I lost my temper."

My head ached like hell as my eyes opened slowly, adjusting to the light. Shifting my head slightly to the right, two blurry figures were arguing.

"SO YOU BIT HER?!"

"The girl seems fine, though."

"Hngh..." I grunted, trying to sit up.

One of them turned towards me, noticing that I was awake.

"Headmaster Cross...?" Recognizing him, I spoke out despite my voice sounding hoarse and confused.

Smiling, he replied as if nothing had happened, "Ah, Keiko-san. You're awake."

The blurriness faded slowly and I widened my eyes, spotting the wretched vampire that attacked me.

"Y-You!!" Weakly, I held up an accussing finger at Kaname.

In return, he simply glanced at me from the side and turned away, his face unreadable.

-Tch. And yet, he used to be so kind when he didn't know I wasn't human.-

"Are you alright? How do you feel? Do you feel like thirsty? Is there anything that feels unusual?" Headmaster Cross dashed to my side as I sat up and rubbed my eyes, turning me around and inspecting my injuries.

"Just a few light bruises and scratches," I replied before glaring at Kaname, "and this disgusting bite mark on my neck."

"Wait," The Headmaster paused, "you feel... fine?"

I nodded.

"Like you weren't turned into a bloodthirsty vampire or anything?"

I laughed, "Why would you say that?"

The room fell into an awkward silence with nobody replying my question.

"Well... Kaname is a pureblood vampire and if a pureblood vampire bites someone, in normal situations, that person will turn into a vampire," The Headmaster explained.

Shrugging, I crossed my arms, "Like I said, I feel fine, though. It probably has something to do with what I am."

"That's right."

The Headmaster and I turned our attention to Kaname, who suddenly spoke despite remaining silent during the time that I had woken up.

"The reason you were brought here in the first place," Kaname changed his posture to face me, "was to discuss what to do with you now that we've discovered you are not a human or a vampire."

"Kaname explained it all to me already," The Headmaster nodded, "but I don't want you to feel threatened."

I narrowed my eyes at them. No matter what the Headmaster or the vampire says, I still won't trust them.

"I am a ghoul."

"Ghoul?" The Headmaster tilted his head in confusion.

"My suspicions were confirmed," Kaname sighed before explaining to the Headmaster, "Ghouls were thought to be extinct for a long time already, but it seems that we have one here. Considering that we confine ourselves in this one area of the world, there must still be ghouls in other areas that we don't know of, which is where I suspect Keiko-san to have come from."

The Headmaster nodded as Kaname continued his unecessarily long explanation, "Ghouls are carnivorous creatures that feed on human flesh. However, they can also eat other ghouls and drink coffee and water, but are unable to consume anything else besides those things. They are known to be quite uncontrollable and are driven insane by human flesh.

"You make us look bad, Kaname," I scoffed, "Vampires are known to be uncontrollable and driven insane by the scent of blood too."

He smiled mockingly, "I never had the intention to offend you, Keiko-san."

"Now, now, children," Headmaster Cross stepped in between our glaring contest, "No fighting anymore, please."

"I say kill her. She's a danger to the students and everyone here," Kaname decided, still glaring at me.

I turned to the Headmaster, "If you want to kill me then kill him too. If he was capable of losing control and biting someone out of anger then he is a danger as well."

Suddenly, the Headmaster's voice turned stern, "We are not killing anyone here."

Kaname and I broke eye contact, turning away from each other.

"Keiko-san, can you control your hunger?" the Headmaster inquired.

"Of course I can. I've been here as a Day Class student for these past several weeks now, but I also obviously can't live without eating for a prolonged amount of time. I'd starve to death and go insane."

"Then you will transfer to the Night Class."

Taken aback, I nearly choked on my own spit, "Wait, what?!"

Kaname seemed almost as surprised as I did, but he was far too prideful to show such emotion on his face.

"Headmaster, there will be many vampires that are going to be angry once they find out what I am and that an outsider is joining their ranks. I am no fool. Transferring me to the Night Class is basically the same as killing me! And what about the Day Class students? Nobody in the Day Class has ever transferred to the Night Class, how do you think they'll react?" As calmly as I could, I ranted furiously at him.

"It's better than killing you or allowing you to remain in the Day Class," he replied, "As much as I would want you to stay in the Day Class, I honestly can't trust you that much yet."

"And what about my food?"

"We will try to find a solution, but for now, we'll give you blood tablets. Even so, I don't know if that will suffice. Just try to survive on those for a few weeks at most."

Nodding slowly, I looked away and sighed. Never did I imagine that I would be caught in a situation like this and it irritated me, but I couldn't go against the Headmaster's decision.

-I came here for a new start and a chance at attending school normally since this place is far away from any other civilian-filled area, but here I am in this troublesome situation and being transferred to a class full of vampires.-

The Headmaster walked to his desk and pulled out a container filled with white tablets from a drawer, handing it to me. As he placed the pills in my hand, he enclosed my hand around it with his on top of mine.

He smiled warmly at me, "Please don't be upset, Keiko-san. I'm just trying to create a peaceful environment where vampires, humans and now, ghouls can co-exist."

"Then you are a fool," I muttered under my breath so he wouldn't hear, but I knew Kaname  had heard it.

"You'll start school again as a Night Class student next Monday, and you won't have to worry about your things. I'll move them to the Night Class dorms. Is that alright with you, Kaname-kun?" The Headmaster looked to the quiet vampire.

"If it must be done," Kaname grumbled.

The Headmaster walked towards the door and opened it as I started to stand up, "Well then, good luck, Keiko-san."

-Thanks, I'll need it.-

---

a/n: Question - who would you ship Keiko with? hehe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 47.8K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
704K 16.7K 73
"You and me always and forever." 9-1-1 Season 2+ Start- March 26 2023 Finish I do not own any 9-1-1 characters or their plots. I do own my character...
227K 21.9K 55
Third book of idol love series... Devotion- "Strongest form of love" All the characters are fictional. There is no connection with the real place or...
850K 39.6K 169
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one