Score ✪ ((Harry Styles/Selena...

By hipstaprincess

*note: they aren't famous in this story & it's fiction so the facts are not true ok just saying lol* Harry St... More

Score ✪ ((Harry Styles/Selena Gomez))
01. Win It
02. One Way or Another
03. I'm...Uh Sean Gomez
04. Love Is Easy
05. Ho Hey
06. You've Got to Be Kidding Me
07. I'm Crying Too
08. It Never Stops
09. Be Happy
10. You Really Do
11. Very Attractive
12. The Storm
13. Pretty Brown Eyes
14. You Were Always Popular
15. Stressed, Depressed, But Well-Dressed
16. Need You 100%
17. I Just Smile
18. Us
19. Sweet Sweet Melody
20. It Wasn't Cool
21. McGorgeous
22. Definitely
23. Impressions?
24. Gone
25. Broken Heart
26. Light
27. Green Eyes
28. Bumpy Ride
29. Let The Games Begin
30. Slow Down
31. I Miss You
33. The Heart Never Lies
34. I'm...Studying Anatomy
35. Best Song Ever
36. Revenge
37. I'm So Tired
38. Every Little Thing
39. Shut Up
40. Weak
41. Running, Running
42. Surprise
43. Final Game
44. Shine A Light
45. Fifty-Seven
46. Don't Let Me Go
47. Back For You
48. Epilogue I
49. Epilogue II.
50. Epilogue III [The End]

32. Still Into You

22.3K 407 158
By hipstaprincess

so, i really loved writing the second half of this (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ 

i love this song so much omfg, lately, it's been my jam (x 

so, i can't upload in the next couple of days, most likely bc summer school. speaking of summer school, time to start homework lol 

________________________________________________________________

Zayn's POV: 

After our practice, we abruptly change in the locker rooms, swiftly taking off our shirts and putting on cleaner ones. Harry had left early to get to the pageant which won't start for another hour or two. 

"So, let's get this plan covered," Louis begins and we stare at Niall.

"Why do I have to do it?! Harry's going to kill me! In case you didn't remember, he was about to pummel me last time!" Niall whines, covering his face in exaggeration.

"You'll be fine, buddy," Louis pats his back, plus, come on. It's a chance to touch Selena. Seriously, what boy would pass that up?"

"It's pretty disrespectful," Liam chimes in, still not completely on board with the idea.

"She'll thank us when he confesses his true feelings," Louis brushes off, a hundred percent sure this will work for the best.

"So, when are we going to tell Sel?" Liam raises an eyebrow at the holes in our plan. 

"Who said we're going to tell her?" I counter.

"You're not going to tell her? I thought the whole point is to stage some flirting or something. Doesn't she need to know or else she'll think Niall's acting weird?" Liam asks confused.

"Yeah, but come on. We know Selena and she's going to feel uncomfortable if we tell her and then it won't appear as credible," I point out.

"Well, she's pretty good at acting," Niall mutters his thoughts aloud.

"I found out pretty quickly," Louis chips in.

"Yeah, but Harry didn't and that's the main thing," Niall attempts to win this conversation.

"Okay, we're still not telling her. Anyway, so apparently, according to Eleanor, today's the bathing suit round."

"Hubba Bubba. Lucky bastard, Niall," I tease him as a light crimson flushes his face, making his cheeks rosy pink unlike his usual pale complexion.

"Just like hug her tightly, put your arm around her, and say sweet things. Oh, occasionally, throw in a few pecks on the cheek," Louis informs Niall as he nods hesitantly before we grab our things and make our way to the pageant.

Oh, this should be fun. 

Selena's POV: 

"So, what's your talent?" Drew questions immediately as Elaine and I exit our dressing rooms, clad in our matching light blue beach outfits.

"Football," I simply reply, balancing one on my thigh.

"You're just going to do tricks with it?"

"Why not?"

"All right then. Others are playing instruments for the most part," he glances around the room and nods in approval at our choice.

"Strive for difference," Drew flashes us one last smile before the curtains are drawn apart and girls start to file out. 

"You ready?" I look to the smaller brunette.

"I'm as ready as I can ever be," she inhales deeply and I stroke her back comfortingly. 

"If you ever lose grip of the ball, just pass it to me," I assure her and she nods before we hold hands in a ritual manner. 

"Number 25," the announcer booms our call and we slowly make our way to the runway. 

Harry's POV: 

I manage to slide in a seat slightly before Selena's call; as it starts, I feel presences beside me and turn to find all the girls and guys filing in after one another, taking a seat next to me.

"Hey," Eleanor gives me a small smile and takes the position by my right, making me feel a bit relieved. Eleanor is chirpy and positive; she always knows how to bring out the best in people and as one of my first best friends that's a girl, I feel most comforted by her. To my left, I see Niall who settles in with a huge grin on his face, his eyes glued to the front.

Um, what?

"Harry, do you still love Selena?" Eleanor taps my wrist lightly, making me jump a bit as I turn to face her.

Okay, I lied. She doesn't always make me feel comfortable. 

"I love Cara," I grit through my teeth, "she's my girlfriend, after all." That's what I should say.

"You don't love Selena even as like a best friend or sister?" 

"Friends don't lie to each other, especially to such extremes," I roll my eyes and avoid her stare.

"You sure?" her voice grows softer as her brown eyes search my green ones pleadingly for the truth.

"Positive," I bite my lip after forcing the word out.

"Okay, then. Sorry to bother you, Harry," she apologizes gently and looks away. As much as I want her to drop this subject, a part of me couldn't help bringing it up again. 

"Why do you ask?" I curiously question and she seems a bit startled by the sudden interrogation.

"I mean, if you're completely over her, it isn't really fair of her to keep holding on and just evidentally keep getting hurt. Us girls are going to help her move on," she shoots me a small, sad, smile before shifting her eyes back to the front like the others.

Move on?

No No No No. 

Before I can protest or say anything, Eleanor claps her hands excitedly, "Oh my gosh, look it's Sel!" Turning my head, I focus my attention on the runway and my jaw drops. 

Holy shit. 

"Now, Niall, don't get a boner," Zayn teases and I tense at his words, often flicking my eyes towards Niall to observe his reactions. He seems just as surprised as I am...and I don't like it. 

She holds Elaine's hand and the two strut down slowly, entrancing and alluring everyone with their graceful steps. Unlike most contestants who do their own thing and separate from their younger companion, Selena keeps her grip on Elaine. 

"What's your talent?" Pierre speaks up into the microphone as Selena grins a knowing smile. 

"You'll see," she waits for Drew to roll something down the runway. 

A football. 

Swiftly, Selena manages to slip her right foot under the ball and within seconds, it's bouncing on her skinny thighs. She slides the ball over and Elaine executes some quick footwork before passing it back to Selena who bounces it on her head and shoulders. 

Louis's POV: 

Selena's absolutely amazing; I have no idea why Harry let her go so easily. To make sure things go accordingly, I chose to sit next to Niall, periodically bumping him to make sure he's doing his job.

"Wow, she's so hot," Niall gushes and I see Harry clench his jaw beside him. 

Oh yeah.

This is a lot more fun than I anticipated. 

"Niall, you seem to be quite smitten, aren't you?" I pinch his left cheek as he blushes.

"She's beautiful, can't deny that," he wags his eyebrows and I see Harry gripping onto the chair.

Score. 

Chuckling, I continue watching her and Elaine interact together with the football; the passion Selena has for the sport is extremely evident. To be honest, I admire her efforts to join the team and unlike Harry, I would love to have her on the team. Although I had protested it in the beginning with the other boys, I learned that she was fucking fantastic over the months we played together in games and during practices. The most important game is coming around the corner and I'm afraid if Harry doesn't somehow make up with Selena and let her on the team, we're screwed. As I cheer for Selena's freakishly extraordinary talents with the ball, I notice Cara out of the corner of my eye sitting near the runway. 

She turns on her phone and I see her bite her lip, focusing on the screen as she slightly tilts it, creating a bright line to shine close to Selena's face.

Seriously?

I mentally groan at her potential way to sabotage Selena; I just wish Harry could see what a terrible person Cara is and that Selena's the good guy here. Before I could say anything, I notice Drew encounter Cara, holding her wrist and smacking the phone lightly out of her grip, making her eyes widen. Right after this, I see Selena forcefully kick the ball so it comes flying out into the crowd and everyone cowers and ducks for cover. The ball whizzes by and lands in a dish bowl of mints sitting on the concession table as everyone stands up and claps at the amazing stunt she pulled.

"10."

"10."

"10."

"Score! Whoo!" she cheers as she and Elaine high-five each other before walking backstage. 

My best friend is adorable. 

"Isn't she cute?" I prompt Niall and he nods eagerly like a little schoolboy gazing at his crush.

"The cutest!"

Harry abruptly flings himself out of his chair and storms off to where all the recipients are, probably looking for Cara. Oh no, he's not. 

"Let's go," I urge the boys and we follow Harry with the girls trailing behind, looking for Selena.

Once we reach them, we swarm through the crowds until we find our special friend.

"Selena!" she turns around at the echoes of my booming voice and runs to me, leaping into my arms as a hug.

"You were brilliant," I pat her back as she smiles.

"Thanks Louis," she grins before Niall attacks her in a long hug, holding her tight and slightly running his hands down her partly bare back. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Harry glaring and breathing irregularly, his chest occasionally heaving.

"You're absolutely beautiful!" Niall compliments Selena and she blushes, a bit taken back.

"Oh, um, I'm really not," she reaches up to tuck a loose strand of hair behind her ear but Niall reaches up and holds her hand.

"Allow me," he swipes the piece away and she looks down at the floor, "Thanks."

I look to my right.

Yup, Harry's fuming.

"You know, you should really become a full-time model," Niall keeps pushing it.

Who knew he was this charming?

"Oh, it's not really my thing," she starts but he cuts her off.

"Don't be modest. You're perfect," he flashes her his bright smile, showing off his flawless teeth.

"Ooh," the girls whisper with playful smirks plastered on their beautiful faces and "aw". 

"Oh..." she awkwardly nods as she scratches her arm, "Um, wow."

Harry balls his fists and although I see him trying to avoid the situation, I know it's not working. 

"Well, I'm uh, going to go now. Got homework and stuff. Um, bye," Selena stutters and begins to turn away but before she manages to leave, Niall tugs on her arm lightly, making her face him as he places a light peck on her cheek.

"Bye!" he waves childishly as her eyes widen a bit in surprise and she immediately exits the room.

"You go, buddy!" I clap his back and he giggles. Zayn reaches out for a fist bump and we all cheer him on. To my right, I see Harry practically shaking in rage.

He's starting to walk over.

Yes. 

Niall's POV: 

He's starting to walk over.

Oh fuck. 

I am so dead now. 

Harry's POV: 

"What the fuck was that, Niall?!" I practically spit in his face as I tower over him, my height and strength making me the dominating one, despite being the younger one. 

"What?" he nervously asks as if he has no idea what I'm talking about.

"You know exactly what," I ball my fists, inching closer to the poor blonde.

"Harry, calm down. He was just being friendly," Zayn defends him as I snap my head to him.

"Friendly? He was fucking flirting with her!" I yell at the boys, making them flinch at the volume I had raised my voice to.

"Why do you care? You said it yourself, mate. You're in love with Cara, not Selena. So, why does it matter if Niall takes a shot at her?" Louis raises an eyebrow. The girls glance at one another with surprised faces at the new proposition.

"Isn't there some guy code where you can't go after your best friends' ex? Especially one that lied to the whole team?" I counter back weakly, but keep the stern scolding in my voice.

"Technically, she wasn't your ex because you never asked her out," Louis points out. 

Okay, ouch. That one hit a sensitive nerve.

"Yeah, so why do you care? It's not like you love her. I mean, you don't love her, right?" Zayn presses, pushing my buttons and it works. 

I just snap. 

"Don't you dare say that. I fucking loved Selena with all my heart and I still do! Okay! Are you happy? I'M IN LOVE WITH HER!" I bash my fist into the nearby wall and pant as my face hardens.

"I know," Louis smiles.

"What?" I ask, slowly calming down.

"I know," he repeats, "We all know. Everyone knows except the only person who needs to know."

"We just wanted you to admit it because we know you wouldn't unless we really pushed you. Niall was just pretending," Zayn pipes in. 

What the fuck? What kind of friends do I have??

"Whatever, I need to find Cara," I mumble as I begin to search for the blonde model.

"Are you fucking serious, mate? You just confessed you loved Selena and you're still going to find that bitch instead. I really don't get you," Louis shakes his head in disapproval.

"She's my girlfriend, Lou," I clarify to him for the millionth time.

"A lousy one at that, too," he sasses back. 

"Drop it. I'm taken in case you have forgotten," I harshly respond before pushing through them to find Cara. 

After turning around many times, I still can't find her; I had searched all over through the studio. As I am about to give up, I notice her marching over to Drew who had sent Selena off with a hug after congratulating her for keeping the lead. 

"I need to talk to you," she folds her arms across her chest as she pulls Drew into a corner and I skulk behind a wall, listening and peeking over slightly.

"What's up?" Drew casually throws out.

"What's up? Why are you so fucking close to Selena? Why are you always helping her?!"

"I'm her mentor," he pronounces each word slowly.

"But, that day at the field. She didn't even sign up for the pageant thing yet. How did you two meet?" Cara demands to know.

"I was just driving and she looked familiar and we talked and really hit it off, so now we're friends," he shrugs.

"Really hit it off? Why are you being so nice to her? You know I hate her." 

"Look, Cara. She understands me a lot," he sighs as he looks at her.

"I understand you. I thought you understood me too," she huffs.

"I did. Then, you go off and become Harry's girlfriend? Why? You know I love you," he throws his arms in the air.

He what? 

"Look, I'm just tired of being your run-to when Harry's not here or when he's busy. If you really want to be with me like I want to be with you, take him out of the picture and I'm all yours," he holds onto her hands gingerly and I nearly feel like puking. Run-to?

"Shh. Keep quiet," Cara attempts to hush him.

"Why? Are you trying to keep all the times we've made out and made love a secret?"

"Drew!" she smacks him before looking around.

I feel sick. When I was feeling guilty about not loving Cara like I say I do, she was just doing the exact same shamelessly. 

"Why are you Harry's anyway?" he asks.

"Because, I know it'll ruin Selena."

Oh my God.

"Why did you sabotage her dress yesterday? Why did you try to ruin her performance today too?" Drew frustratedly whisper-shouts.

Wait, what??

"She doesn't deserve to win, Drew."

"She works just as hard as anybody else, if not more. She deserves it," he breathes heavily through his nostrils.

"It's not fair!"

"Why? Why do you hate her so much? She's such a sweet girl. I just don't see why you had to go through the process of sending her threatening text messages and putting so much effort into ruining her relationship with Harry earlier."

Threatening text messages?!

"She isn't! Okay, she always made me so angry," Cara rolls her eyes.

"Why? Last time I checked, you were the one who bullied her since like middle school," Drew points accusingly at her.

Bullying?!

"Because she deserves it. Okay, Selena can just go out with zero make-up on and look like she didn't even bother to look decent and yet guys still like her! She still has friends! I have to work so hard everyday and I have nothing," Cara's eyes water as she speaks.

"You have me! You have the attention of most guys the minute you walk out and a lot of girls are dying to be as beautiful as you. You're a model, Cara. How could you have nothing? It's only because you treat the things around you as nothing," Drew explains exasperatedly. 

"I guess," she breathes out, gulping as she wipes her eyes.

"Don't cry," Drew softens and pulls her into a long hug while stroking her hair.

"Do you really love me?" she quietly asks into his chest and he nods, kissing the top of her head.

"I really do."

This is enough. 

Stepping out of my hiding spot, I clear my throat and grab the attention of Cara and Drew.

"H-h-arry? How long were you there?"

"Long enough," I lean on the balls of my feet, rocking back and forth with my arms behind my back, "bye Cara."

"It's not what it looked like," she tries but I ignore her words.

"We're over, in case you didn't figure it out," I snap before leaving and exiting the glass doors of the building. I need air, I need to breathe. Why does love never work out for me? First, I realize Selena's lying to me. Then, I find out that Cara's just using me. Why? 

Eleanor's POV: 

"Where are you guys all going?" Selena pouts as we pack our things.

"Well, Liam, Zayn, Niall, and Louis invited us for a sleepover at their place," I explain before cleaning up a few essentials and toiletries I'll need for the night.

"Wow, guys, thanks for the invite," she rolls her eyes sarcastically as we giggle.

"Sorry Sel, it's a boyfriend/girlfriend thing. Unless, you want to tag along with Niall?" Perrie raises an eyebrow and she blushes.

"I'm not into him that way," she defends and we laugh.

"We're kidding and we know. He was just faking it to provoke Harry," I chuckle as her eyes widen.

"What?"

"Louis told me. Harry was pissed," I smile as I help Danielle pack her pajamas after finishing with my own.

"Oh.."

"Yeah, 'oh'..." I nudge her playfully.

"Wait, where's Miley and Demi going?" she changes the topic and I see the two brunettes packing as well.

"Liam's asking me to visit his parents tonight, so I'll be staying over," she folds her sleepwear as it hangs on her arm and she grins to herself.

"Aw, you really like him, huh?" Danielle pokes her cheekily and she rolls her eyes, "Yeah..."

"And you, Demi?" we all wag our eyebrows at her as she proudly smiles.

"Same. Nick, Joe, and Kevin are having this family barbecue and I'm going to meet Nick's parents again," Demi blushes as she looks at the ground.

"You guys all have boyfriends," Selena groans, covering her face into the pillow.

"Hey, you can get one too," Miley urges.

"I'd rather not," she sits up and hugs the pillow to her chest, staring at the ground sadly. We all stay silent for once, no joking or teasing. I've never seen Selena so happy or blissful with another guy in the short term she was really close to Harry and it broke my heart seeing her cry out all her pain for days, hunched up in bed. 

"Do you want us to stay?" I sigh, unable to see my best friend so lonely and upset.

"No, no! Go out with your boys. I'll be fine, you know, I gotta rehearse for tomorrow's round anyway," she softly replies and pushes us out the door as soon as we finished.

"You sure, Selly?" I confirm before closing the door.

"Positive," she sends me a convincing smile and I let it go for now.

"Okay, well, have you picked your song yet for tomorrow?"

"Yeah," her face brightens up, "I really like it."

"Cool. See you tomorrow, Selly!" we all wave goodbye as we exit the room and head to our individual boyfriends. 

Harry's POV: 

I guess I didn't technically "love" Cara, but it still hurt to know that I was just being played. Again.

Fuck everything and everyone.

All I want to do is forget about everything and anything.

I'm getting drunk tonight. 

Calling a taxi since I know I won't be able to drive tonight, I stand outside in the parking lot waiting for the familiar mustard yellow vehicle to pull up. As soon as one waves over to me, I quickly enter and pay him enough for a round trip, knowing I'll be so drunk later on that I probably can't form coherent words or even count the money. After I'm dropped off, I stick my hands in my pockets and enter the bar, pushing through the doors and making my way to the counter.

"Hey curly, how can I help you?" the buff bartender questions me as he wipes the palms of his hands on his apron, ridding the sweat and filth.

"Whatever the strongest thing you have. I need to forget everything," I emphasize, burying my head into my arms. 

"Is this about a girl?" he curiously questions before popping open some long glass bottle and slowly pouring it into a tall shot glass.

"Two actually," I ruffle my curls before sitting back up and staring at him.

"Wow, you sure know how to attract the ladies," he nudges me.

"Ha," I flatly respond, "more like both girls completely lied to me and used me."

"Ouch," he comments as he slides the drink over to me, "you should probably take it slow though, it's quite strong---"

Too late. 

I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand and set the cold glassware back on the marble counter.

"Give me another one," I beg and he sighs.

"Okay, but last one. This stuff is really bad for you," he warns before dumping another glass full and sending it in my direction. This time, I take smaller sips, but nonetheless, finish it all in one sitting.

"So, these two girls of yours pretty?"

"Yeah, one's a model and one's just so breathtakingly beautiful she can be one," I answer with my tongue feeling a bit heavy.

"Wow, a model? Nicee bro," he fist bumps me and I sloppily reciprocate the action, slowly feeling the effects of the alcohol take place.

"You know, I really really really lovee one of themmm," my words begin to slur as I aimlessly attempt to pat the man's shoulder but fail to do so and end up patting the air.

"Tell her," he prompts me but I shake my head lazily.

"No, she hurrrrrt me so badlyyy," I gulp as I confess and pour out all my thoughts to the stranger.

"Well, you know what they say. The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to the find the ones worth suffering for," he wisely informs me as I nod, his words floating around my mind.

"Why don't you go home, son? You're in no condition to dance with anyone tonight," he straightens his apron and shakes my shoulders, "and I want you to go get that girl."

"Okaaaay," I stutter as I amble towards the door, my steps wobbly and awkward. When he notices my difficulty, he sighs and removes his apron, walking towards me to help me toward the door. My fingers fumble with my phone and he gently takes it out of my hand, calling the taxi for me to come back. Staying by my side, he waits for the familiar car to come back before leaving me to my own.

"Here you go, kiddo," he hands me my phone back as I weakly thank him and collapse in the car.

"Looks like someone got wasted," the driver chuckles as he pulls out of the place and returns me back to Uni.

"Mhm," I close my eyes for the duration of the ride until I feel the car halt.

"We're here," he turns behind to face me from the wheel and my eyes flutter open.

"Do you want me to get someone to help you out?" the driver questions me but I shake my head.

"I'm finee," I hesitantly push open the door and stagger towards the direction of the dorms. The skies are dark, signaling that it's night time and I notice the lights of the buildings bring me comfort as I follow them. Without a properly functioning brain, I let my feet lead me to wherever they desire, the place I know so well and had grown so fond of. 

Selena's POV:

Deciding I should probably start my English homework, I grab the abandoned reading book and begin to open the pages, annotating with my highlighter by my side whilst humming to the song I have planned for tomorrow's round. Drew had let Elaine and I try on our dresses and they fit just right, so everything seemed all right. Things were...slowly starting to work out. As I continue leafing through the pages of the never-ending novel, I hear a faint knock on my door turn into rapid banging. Checking the clock, I see that it's about nine at night. Who would be knocking on my door? Did the girls forget something or decide to come back?  Closing my book and sighing, I manage to push myself up and head over to the door, slowly twisting the doorknob to meet someone who I had not expected to see. 

"Selenaaa," he breathes out as he stands there, his curly hair an unruly mess and his green eyes rimmed with red.

"Harry?" I widen the door and he scratches the back of his neck.

"Can I comeee in?" he politely asks and I step aside, letting him enter. When he walks by me, I take a whiff of his breath. It smells strongly of... alcohol. Oh God, he's drunk. 

"Selenaa?" he asks before he plops down on my bed. 

"Yeah, Harry?" I tentatively walk over to him.

"Cara never loved meee. Did you knowww?" he looks so vulnerable and I don't know how to respond.

"Not to sound like a bitch, but yeah. I told you so," I shrug as he sighs.

"I'm stupid, aren't I?"

"Incredibly," I nod with my arms folded across my chest.

"It's okay, I never really loved Cara. It just hurts, you know?" No Harry, I didn't know. 

"Please respondd. Please comee closer to mee," he slurs in a whispered tone and I don't think I've ever seen Harry so...weak and needy. Sighing, I tentatively take a seat beside him on my bed and stare at him.

"You never loved Cara?" I manage to choke out.

"It's always been you," he whispers in my ear and I shiver at his words. Catching me off guard, he leans in and leaves a small trail of kisses on my neck whilst wrapping his strong left arm around my petite waist.

"Harry, can you not," I attempt to push him off but his grip just tightens.

"Why? Are you into Niall?" he growls and my eyes widen as I shake my head rapidly.

"No, not at all. Why?"

"He seems to always be on your mind!"

"What?" I ask completely dumbfounded. What does Niall have to do with anything? 

"You make me a terrible person, Selena." Gee, Harry, how charming. You really know how to make a girl feel better about herself. 

"Why?" I whisper, a bit scared to find out. He lowers his free hand to my knee and tenderly traces the letters of his name, his soft fingers making my skin flush at his touch.

"Remember that last game of the first season?"

"The one where you like almost got your ass kicked until the last round, yeah?" 

"Hey, I was doing fine until you showed up."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask, a bit offended.

"You were only cheering on Niall and I felt the need to show you I'm better."

"But, clearly you weren't," I point out and he scowls a bit.

"And then, that night at the club, he was grinding against you and I nearly tried to kill him," he recalls and I nod.

"I was too drunk to even remember that."

"And then today, he was watching you weirdly and then touching you and saying weird things to you while you were just wearing a bikini...and that's not okay with meeee," he grows tense.

"Then what?" I bite my lip.

"I was going to beat him up for it but the guys interveneddd and said it was just to test me," he finally exhales heavily and I watch him as he hangs his head lowly.

"Harry...? Are you okay?" I speak up and I see him snap his focus back onto me. 

"Forgiveee me, Sel," his eyes flutter closed and he wraps his arms around me, leaving fervent kisses along my jaw making my breath hitch in my throat. Sel. He hasn't called me that in forever. I feel paralyzed. I can't move, especially not with Harry doing whatever he's doing. I observe his face and shiver a bit under his wet lips against my warm skin. One of his hands slides up my arm and to the top of my sweater, yanking the sleeve lower for access to my shoulder blades as his lips feverishly run over them.

Finally lifting his face from me, I watch him raise one hand to cup my face, stroking my rosy salmon cheeks with his thumb as his forehead presses against mine. Should I kiss him? I mean, he's drunk and probably doesn't know what he's doing right? His other hand finds its way to my back, bringing me closer to him if that's even possible, his hand occasionally running up and down, stroking and pacifying me as my heart beats rapidly. After a while, he finally begins to lean in and our lips are so close to touching while his other hand pauses its movement, lingering around the clasp of my bra through the thin sweater material. I immediately pull apart and push him, scrambling to get away from him as fast as possible. 

Hiding my face, I pull my knees into my chest and bury my face as a million feelings wash over me, leaving me flustered and completely torn. What in the world was he trying to do?? Taking a peek, I hesitantly raise my head again only to see him stare at me, hurt and confused. 

"Why--Why did you pulllll apart?" he slurs and stumbles over his words, connecting our gaze.

"Harry, I think you're just drunk and horny and to be honest, I'd rather not kiss someone who tastes like alcohol," I shyly confess as he looks a bit taken aback. 

"I am not."

"You are," I inform him.

"No."

"Yes," I confirm, stressing out the word, "you reek of alcohol and you have no idea what you're doing. You, of all people, should know how uncomfortable I am with anything...like that." I twiddle with the purity ring on my fourth finger nervously. 

"But I still love you! I still find myself thinking about you every day and every night. I still want you, I still need you. I'm still into you," he firmly declares, raising his arms for effect. 

"That's bullshit, you're wasted."

"Ask anyone! I only speak the truth when I'm drunk," he argues and I sit there, shifting myself periodically, unsure how to respond. 

"God damn it, Selena, why can't you just love me like the way I love you?"

"I never said I didn't," I mumble before gazing away. 

"But you never said it either."

"What if I confess and pour all my feelings to you and yeah sure, you're in love with me for tonight. But, what happens when you wake up tomorrow morning? Will you remember anything? I don't want you to forget it if I tell you."

He seems to just sit there and think about what I said, like really think. His face scrunches up and you can see his eyebrows furrowing as wrinkles appear on his forehead. It's absolutely adorable. 

"I'm sorry," he exhales.

"For what?" I curiously meet his face.

"For...touching you like that. I just missed holding you and the feel of your skin," he suddenly apologizes.

"It's fine," I dismiss it, "and I'm sorry for lying. I just...wanted to be on the team badly. I swear, it wasn't to mess with you. I just wanted to reach my full potential as an athlete."

"I trust you," he shakily comments in his raspy, husky voice. I missed his beautiful, hyptonizing voice.

"Good," I smile at the ground, observing the carpet and our feet.

"I trust you is better than I love you."

"Is it?" I look at him in wonder.

"Yes. You may not always trust the person you love, but you can always love the person you trust," his green eyes scan mine for a reaction and I pull out of my position and scoot closer to him, giving him permission to wrap his arm around my shoulders. 

"I missed you," he buries his face in the crook of my neck and I savor this moment. Finally. 

"Let's get you back to your dorm," I chuckle and pull away only to see him pout.

"No."

"Yes."

"Where are the other girls?" he questions, the alcohol slightly rubbing off.

"They're with their guys. Three of them are actually sleeping over in your dorm," I inform him.

"Ooooh whoo hooo. I wonder what's going on thereee," he giggles hysterically and attempts to wink but it looks like he's twitching instead. I raise an eyebrow at the weird boy. Okay, yeah. The alcohol's just slightly rubbing off, all right. 

"Let me stay, pleasseee," he begs and I can't say no to him.

"Fine," I reluctantly agree as he giddily cheers. Picking up what's closest to him, I see him holding up my book upside down, dangling it as my bookmark and notes fall out of it.

"Harry!" 

"You started this assignment already? Fuckkkkkk," he tilts his head, straining to read the title, "Ea-Ea-Eee-Ee---"

"It's East Of Eden, Harry. And you lost my page, damn it," I curse, now on all fours, scrambling on the floor to pick up my lined sheets of paper filled with my impeccably neat handwriting.

"Oh, sorrrrryyy," he pouts and I sigh. 

"God, you're a pain in the ass," I snatch the book out of his hands and stash the papers back in randomly. I'll have to figure out and re-organize this mess later on without any distractions. 

"Come on, let's get you to bed."

"I sleep naked."

"Ha, funny. Not here, you won't," I fold my arms across my chest and throw him a clean shirt and shorts.

"Change," I command as he winks at me.

"Okay, whatever you say, princess."

"Not here! Go to the bathroom!"

"Why?! And where did you get these anyway?"

"Because I'd rather not be scarred for life at the age of nineteen, thank you very much. And they're 'Sean's' clothes."

"Can I shower first?"

"Sure, Harry. Whatever floats your boat," I roll my eyes at him.

"Care to join?"

"I rather not."

"You said whatever floats my boat! It would reaaaally float my boat if you joined me."

"No."

"Fine, you're silly anyway. I don't have a boat, you weirdo," he scrunches up his face, before heading into the shower. 

"Brush your teeth too!" I shout to him through the door.

"Okay, I'm going to use your toothbrush!"

"Wait, no!" I pound on the door to protest but it's locked. 

Oh damn it.

Dear Lord, what will I do with him? 

I decide to use this time to my advantage, fixing the chaos he caused and rearranging the fallen contents of my book. As I push my book back onto my desk, I feel a warm arm around me that infiltrated my nose with the sweet scent of green apples.

"Did you use my shampoo, too?"

"You used mine before," he counters back. Fair enough. I turn around and my eyes widen. He's only wearing boxers. Well, now....

"Harry, please put a shirt on," I try to glance away to stop myself from drooling but he chuckles a hearty laugh.

"How about no," he tilts my head to meet his and hugs me tightly, "Can we kiss now? I brushed my teeth so no more alcohol taste?"

"No, Harry. Come on, let's get to bed," I wrap my hand around his and drag him over after turning off the light.

"Ooohh, I like that idea," he grins cheekily.

"Yeah, go sleep," I command as I tuck him in.

"You're not coming in?"

"I'm sleeping on the floor."

"Nooooooo, you're not."

"Fine, I'll sleep in Miley's bed or something."

"Nooooooo, sleep in your bedddd!"

"No, you're sleeping in my bedd!" 

"I'd never thought you'd ask," he grins like a cute kid with his dimples on full-display. Fuck, why is he so adorable?

Against my own will, he yanks my arm and I get dragged into my own bed with my body pressed against his chest. 

"Much better," he nearly suffocates me with his well-toned arms.

"Go to sleep, Harry."

"Tell me you love me first."

"I love you, Harry. Now, sleep." 

"Good night kiss?"

"You're so annoying!" I sigh, having to open my eyes everytime I manage to close them.

"Pleeasse?" he shoots me a pleading, irresistable, innocent look.

"No."

"Pleassee?"

"No."

"I won't askkk for anything afterrr. I promiseee!"

"No."

"Pleaseeee!" 

When he's not expecting it, I lean in quickly and press my lips to his, then pull away.

"Good night, Harry."

"Good night, Selenaaaa. I loveee youu," he emphasizes every word and close his eyes, with me by his side in his strong embrace. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46.9K 1.9K 30
**THIS FIC WAS WRITTEN WHEN I WAS 16 AND IS KIND OF SORT OF OKAY** Harry and Liam are best friends and pretty popular at school, only for the fact th...
149K 4.7K 69
"What are you thinking about, Hazza?" "I-" "It's alright baby take your time." "I'm scared to get it wrong." "Get what wrong?" "Me." Or, Louis is...
1.9K 70 12
Emma goes to Richmond High, she has no clue who One Direction is, nor does she care. So when she wins the school contest to take a trip to the UK wi...
97.9K 4.6K 37
"Please, go out with me?" "No." "Why not?" "I'm bad for you." "I love you and I don't care if you're involved with shit. I am in love with you. I'm n...