Sweet Poison

By EnchantingWords

What happens when you accidentally clash with the scariest thing in your life? A killer? No. A zombie? Think... More

Sweet Poison
Chapter 1- Worst Day Ever
Chapter 2- Rendezvous Gone Wrong
Chapter Three- Buried Demons
Chapter 4- Disappearances
Chapter 5- The Chase Is On
Chapter 6- Caught and Trapped
Chaper 7- Getting Back Home
Chapter 8- Awakening
Chapter 9- Hit and Run
Chapter 10- Messages Left Behind
Chapter 11- Paris Attractions
Chapter 12- Home Sweet Home
Chapter 13- New Beginnings
Chapter 14- You Give Me Strength
Chapter 15- Lunch with a Bang
Chapter 16- Best Night Ever
Chapter 17- Secrets, Secrets, and Hidden Kisses
Chapter 19- Cat's Out Of The Bag
Chapter 20- Love's In The Air
Chapter 21- Pressure and Pleasure
Chapter 22- Asher's Lovely Date
Chapter 23- Dates, Cliches, and Simple Threats
Chapter 24- One Last Kiss Before It All Ends
Chapter 25- Blades, Guns, and Impulsive Tumbles
Chapter 26- The Letter
Chapter 27- The Aftermath
Chapter 28- Could It Be???
Last Words and Sequel

Chapter 18- Seductive Challenges and Chilling Threats

25.6K 833 69
By EnchantingWords

Aiden’s POV:

                “Hey man, I need your help with something,” that’s weird, Aaron’s usually the keep to himself type of guy. I look up from my desk in the corner of my room where I was working on something since the girls are all MIA and who knows what the other guys are doing.

                “What’s up?” I ask as he sits on my bed looking to be very deep in thought. He sighs in frustration and runs a hand through his dreads.

                “You can’t tell anyone what I tell you, okay?” I nod. “How, I mean, how can I get Destiny to go out with me?” he finally voices. Ah, Destiny.

                “You finally admitting you got a thing for her?” I smirk. Hey, these guys give me hell for London, but who knew she’d bring romance for all of them. It’s hilarious to see the guys being ‘chivalrous’ or their version of it. 

                “Yes, that’s why I came to talk to you, are you gonna help me or not?” damn, he’s really shaken up about this.

                “Have you, I don’t know tried to ask her out?”

                “That’s it, just ask her out that’s your big advice?” he exclaims. Well, what did he expect, some big philosophical answer from Mufasa?

                “Yes, ask her out on a date, if that doesn’t work we’ll break her down like London,” I suggest. I mean I didn’t give up on London until she relented and now she’s my girlfriend. Ah, life is good.

                “Fine, if this doesn’t work then it’s your ass,” he says heading out of my room and hopefully to call Destiny. And as if being summoned by some force my phone begins to ring and when I hear Intoxicated by The Cab, I scramble to get it since its London’s ringtone.

                “Hello?” I answer.

                “You know you don’t have to waste your breath to answer the phone, that’s why it rings?” she asks laughing at my breathless voice.  I smile just hearing her laugh.

                “Whatever, what did you need?” I ask.

                “Aw, did I hurt your feelings, and I just wanted to know how you and the guys were doing,” she answers.

                “We can take care of ourselves you don’t need to check up on us, ever since the kitchen incident you feel the need to keep track of us, and the guys are somewhere around here,” I respond. So, Asher and I tried to cook and it didn’t go so well and Ashton might need to regrow his eyebrows but it’s not that big of a deal. I think he forgave us already.

                “Poor Ashton, at least Ruby doesn’t care of his singed eyebrows but can you believe they won’t go out yet,” she exclaims and it’s like London really wants them to hook up.

                “Well Aaron was here a second ago I think he’s going to ask Destiny out,” I satiate her little cupid senses.

                “Finally, I won’t have to knock some sense into him, well we’re going to be there any minute can you order some food for us, thanks, bye,” she hangs up without waiting for my answer. She’s a little devil but I do it anyways. I text the guys letting them know the girls are eating here and seconds later I hear their voices trail upstairs as they bombard the house with their presence. And not a minute later Asher enters my room with a bang.

                “Hey bro, is Avery going to be here?” he doesn’t even attempt to cover up his interest. Things with them have been a bit weird, it’s like a roller coaster, I guess.

                “Yeah,” I nod. He seems to immerse himself in thought.

                “Have you done anything? I mean you guys share a room,” he waves his hand emphasizing his words.

                “No, we haven’t done anything plus I don’t think she’s even ready,” I explain.  This is the hard part of having a not so saint best friend ‘cause I know he won’t understand.

                “Why?”

                “I don’t know,” I tell him honestly. I mean other guys would’ve already done it but with London, she’s an enigma and it’s hard to figure her out. I just, to me she’s not just any girl.

                “Wow man,” Asher says.

                “What?”

                “You just said all of that out loud,” he explains looking at me like I’m crazy. Great, now he’s gonna tell the guys.

                “I won’t tell them,” Asher reads my mind this time.

                “WTF???” I hear London scream as she barges home and her voice trails up. Asher and I go down stairs to see what’s up.

                “What’s wrong?” I ask her.

                “WTF, where’s the food?” she asks as the girls plop down on the couches meanwhile the guys appear out of nowhere.

                “I already ordered it, it should be here any minute,” I tell her as I walk towards her and give her a peck on the lips. She blushes and heads up stairs and I hang around a little bit more mindlessly listening to the girls talk about some cute guy and One Direction, seriously? I shake my head and decide to head upstairs to see what she is doing. I just didn’t expect what I found I just stood there with my mouth hanging open as I watched London change, god I’m such a pervert.  

London’s POV:

                I decided to go change after a hard day of just goofing around with the girls, we spent a good day at the mall in the town over which seems to be our hangout spot now. Although, I didn’t appreciate those comments about Aiden and I’s lack of will in taking the next step in our relationship. Truth be told I don’t know if I’m ready but this is Aiden we’re talking about. If I want my first time to be special or whatever he’d be the perfect candidate but I’m still insecure. I mean he hasn’t mentioned anything and I still think it may be two early, we’ve only been official for three weeks but again I’ve never been in a relationship, maybe I should just let things play out. Let fate take its course. I had taken my shirt off and was rummaging through the closet for another one, yeah I’ve practically moved into Aiden’s room. I mean my parents came back last week and still haven’t called to let me know there back, doesn’t exactly scream welcoming. I was in my own little world half naked here thinking there’d be no perves when I turn around and there goes Aiden, gob smacked.

                “Aiden?” I put my hand on my hip to emphasize I am not happy.

                “Don’t do that,” he pleads as he snaps out of it.

                “What?”

                “It just makes you look hotter and I can’t take it,” he voices strained. I immediately finish dressing while he waits somewhat fidgety.

                “Are you okay?” I ask attentively.

                “Yeah, it’s just- nothing, it’s nothing,” he concludes to which I can clearly see through.

                “It’s just that we haven’t done anything,” I state.

                “I’m not forcing you into anything,” he raises his hands in surrender, such an idiot.

                “Okay then, when you’re ready tell me,” I blow him a kiss and leave him standing there. It’s going to be fun teasing him with that thought I arrive downstairs with a wide ass smile. Minutes later Aiden arrives and heads straight towards me.

                “You’ll be paying for that sweetheart,” he whispers in my ear while also putting his arm around me. I just shake my head at his antics.

                “Bring it,” I retort. Once the bell rings I jump up to get the food, leaving Aiden to eat my dust and that’s exactly how this war will end with me the victor. Yeah, I’ll be going Hunger Games on this shit. I open the door and get the pizzas while Aiden catches up to pay. I head to the kitchen and begin to open up the different selections but when I arrive to my favorite I immediately close it. I grab it and head upstairs because knowing him there’s a game to this.

                I bang open the bedroom door and slam it shut and reread what was written out in the olives.

                The game’s not over, it’s just begun.

I look around the box and sure enough taped at the bottom it’s what looks like a receipt.

One by one I’ll take them down, until you decide to come around.

Should Asher and Ashton come to terms with ashes?

What about Destiny’s cruel destiny?

What if Aiden has an accident with no aid to help?

Sweet, sweet Ruby shouldn’t bleed her name,

What about an athame piercing through Athen’s heart?

Should he die with his beloved Naomi?

Would Aaron come through for the object of his affections?

Don’t you think Katya and Adrian make the perfect ‘Romeo and Juliet’?

Last but never least, should Avery be crushed by something as powerful as the asteroid her name derives from?

One life to save eleven others, would you care or won’t be bothered?

“What the hell?” Aiden seethes as he takes the paper from my hand and I just think, uh oh. Things are definitely getting interesting now. What’s going to happen?

Author's Note:

Hey guys, another chapter woohoo!!!! Well things are picking up, sorry for the short chapter but what do you think? And what do you think will happen? Please vote and comment;) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135 0 8
I just met this handsome guy and on our first night we kissed. It was delightful and we even slept on the same bed. We spent the night together and w...
1.6K 209 45
Amelia, a mysterious high school girl with no time for boys, fun and parties had the spark stripped from her ever since her father's absence. Now, It...
602 154 29
"He might hear you"my best friend said. "Hear what?"he asked from the back and the least I could do was shrivel at the hearing of his voice. "Somethi...
3M 135K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...