Righteous Man (Demon!Dean Des...

By assbutts

Whoever said opposites attract really knew what they were talking about. When Castiel is sent to Hell to help... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1: Raised From Perdition
Chapter 2: Back in Black
Chapter 3: The Vessel
Chapter 4: Reunion
Chapter 5: Burgers
Chapter 7: Orders
Chapter 8: Wasting Time
Chapter 9: Interrogation
Chapter 10: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 11: Thin Walls
Chapter 12: Sympathy For The Devil
Chapter 13: Mind Games
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19: Sneaking Around
Chapter 20: Rising
Chapter 21

Chapter 6: The Girl

2.4K 77 27
By assbutts

"Sam! Godammit, Sammy! Listen to me!" Dean shrieked, storming out of the house and down into the seemingly endless yard of old cars. The gravel beneath his feet was being tossed up into clouds of dust as he ran.  Sam hesitated, and finally he stopped and turned back to Dean.

"If you wanted to be alone, you could have told me."  He said in a hard, quiet voice.

Sam's jaw was clenched tightly, and he was watching Dean with gaurded hazel eyes. They lacked his typical warmth, which set unease spiking through Dean's veins. 

"Sammy, I just got back from hell.  Why would I want to be alone?" Dean said, dodging narrowly around the question. He wasn't going to talk about this weird thing with Castiel. It was... So unlike Dean. And frankly, it weirded the shit out of him. It had to have come with his dumb demonic powers. Anything else was out of the question. 

"Dean, dont pretend I didn't see you back there. What I don't get is... Castiel? This angel we met, what, a few days ago? Man, we don't even know if he's actually an Angel. For all we know he could be another demon that's trying to mess with your head!" Sam huffed. His eyes dropped their harsh gaurds and crumbled into a frantic, angry mess. "I just don't want him taking you away from me." 

Those last words struck Dean deeply, hitting and arising his last shred of humanity for a fleeting moment before the darkness inside him boiled over in a sudden anger. Dean shook his head, dropping his eyes and sighed. He needed to keep Sam on his side. Sam was one of the most dangerous hunters in the world, and on top of that, he still probably had his weird demon mojo. And no doubt if it came to it, he would use it on Dean. He was going to need to convince him that Dean was still a good little soilder.

"Sam.... Don't ever think that." He said, adding just a touch of sadness and hurt to his tone. "There is nothing I'd ever choose over you, you know that. There's nothing between me and him, okay Sam? Nothing." 

The man across from his nodded and ran a hand through his long hair. 

"I know, Dean. I just wonder about you. I keep forgetting what you've become..." 

"Sam-"

"No, it's okay. I better get back to Bobby anyway. He just wanted me to check that you hadn't killed anyone... I-I'll see you 'round"

With that, Sam turned and headed off towards the sound of a roaring engine. His form slipped away through the clouds of dust, and finally once he was out of Dean's sight, the demon headed back towards the house where Castiel waited. Suddenly, all thoughts of Sam were erased from Deans mind as the angel flooded his thoughts. 

There was just something about him, Dean thought, that was so alluring. So intimidating and exhilirating. Dean had never once before considered the thought of being with a guy. Hell, if he were in a normal circumstance he would have immediately laughed off his feelings, or ignored them all together. He'd pass them off as curiousity. He wasn't quite sure, but he knew what this Castiel did to him was something beyond all that. Maybe it was the fact that he saved Dean's ass from Hell... The thought of Castiel's bright, white form rentered his mind, filling it with his glowing strength, his goodness, his compassion and the overpowering emotions that he so obviously carried with him, although they were masked with his vessel. 

"Dean?" a grave, raspy voice pulled him from his thoughts, and Dean blinked. He was standing in the doorway of the kitchen, looking blankly out into space. Before him stood Castiel, pink lips glistening with the grease of their burgers, and his eyes widened into a curious, lustful gaze. Dean cleared his throat. 

"Hey, Cas." He winked, recovering his cocky outershell as he stepped inside, closing the back door behind him. 

"How is your brother? I hope I did not offend him in any way." Castiel said, walking towards Dean. The demon shook his head. 

"Nah, Sam's fine. Don't worry." He smiled, and took the angel into his arms. 

"Good." Castiel murmured against Dean, and he closed his eyes softly in a flutter of lashes. For a moment, Dean could feel the burning of his true form against his tainted smoke of a soul, and it sickened him. No way should something so absolutely pure and... Clean, be touching Dean. He almost threw Castiel off of him, if it weren't for the desire that the touch of his body sent through him. 

~~~~~ 

When Dean hugged him, it was an unexpected touch that had Castiel resisting the urge to break away. But the deep emotions that showed through Deans arrogant mask had peirced Castiel in such a way that he allowed the touch -  even melted into it. Dean needed comforting, whether he was willing to admit it to himself or not, and at the moment, it seemed as if Castiel were the only one capable of giving it to him. His family had practically abandoned him, seeing as he was a demon. Not that Castiel blamed them, but still. 

So he hugged Dean.

It was nice, surprisingly, and warm. Much warmer than the kiss they had shared, and more intimate in a way. Typically Castiel would have thought a kiss to be far more intense than a hug, but this was something different. They weren't just satisfying their lusts; Castiel was actually comforting Dean. That came as a strange thought, but Castiel didn't mind, really. 

Too soon and the hug was over. Dean pulled back and gave him another wink before sauntering over to the couch where he flopped down, flicking the TV on, and setlled down. Castiel could see he wasn't going to move, so he joined Dean on the couch and got as comfortable as he could manage. 

~~~ 

It didn't take long for the colours of the TV screen to blur together and the words to sink out of Dean's mind. That familiar, uncomfortable itch had begun to attack his legs, signalling that Dean needed to get out - to get some fresh air. It was the same feeling he got when he had just fought with Sam, and needed to cool his head. Before he realized what was happening, Dean was on his feet, jacket on, and standing at the door. 

"Where are you going?" Castiel asked from the couch. The guy was so quiet, Dean had almost forgotten about him. 

"Out. I need to stretch my legs." Dean threw over his shoulder as he opened the door. "Don't wait up." 

 "Dean-" Castiel called, but was cut off as Dean closed the door behind him. He barely even looked back as he began walking briskly down the sidewalk. He needed a drink and maybe a few girls to clear up this fucking mess his head had become. He was not gay. Hell no. The thought just didn't settle right with him... So, off he went in search of some reminder of who he once was. 

It didn't take long for Dean to stumble across a quiet, little pub. A bright, flashing neon sign hung above the doors. 

The Winkin' Owl

Dean shrugged. He didn't see anywhere else to go in the area, so he headed in, chin up, shoulders back. The doors glided open revealing a warm, friendly atmosphere inside. People crowded each little table that dotted the pub and a low hum of talk buzzed around the room. The air inside was warmer too, which was a welcome relief from the crisp September air. Dean approached the bar with his usual cocky smile and slide into the nearest chair. 

"What can I get for you?" A tall, dark haired woman popped in out of nowhere, smiling down at Dean. He smirked and ran his tongue slowly across his teeth, making the girl's eyes widen. Satisfied, Dean answered. 

"Just a beer, thanks."

The girl nodded, and pulled a tall brown bottle from under the counter, and slid it across the counter to Dean. 

"Thanks." He grabbed the bottle, and took a long swig of it. 

"So, what's a guy like you doing in a place like this?" The girl asked from across the counter as she wiped down a few glasses. Her elbows were placed in a not so subtle postion that perked up her breasts so that they almost jumped out of her black tank top. Dean chuckled and set his beer down. 

"Need some new material there, I see." Dean laughed at the over-used pick up line and set his elbows on the counter, leaning in closer to her. Her cheeks flushed and she ran a hand back across her cheek, pushing a strand of dark hair back into place. "I just needed some time to myself, you know?" He continued. 

"Ah, I see." She nodded, and set down the empty glass in her hand. "If you want to talk about it..." 

"I- It's complicated." He hesitated, and shifted around in his seat. "Why don't we talk somewhere more private? What time do you get off?" 

"I can go now." She smiled, putting away the glass and rag, and pulling a small black purse from somewhere under the counter. 

"I'm Kathy." She said finally as she stepped out from behind the bar. Her clothes fit snugly against her smooth skin, and her hair hung impossibly low, just down past her hips. Dean smirked and curled his arm in around her waist. The couple strolled out of the bar in a quiet manner, and made their way down the street. She looked absolutely amazing in the moonlight, Dean thought. The way the light hit her skin and hair... He couldn't suppress the grin that was marking his lips.

"I'm Dean." He winked. "So, you got an apartment or something?" 

A devilish grin spread across her red lips, and just as they entered a dark, desolate alleyway, her bright blue eyes shifted to a deep black.

"Something like that." 

~~~

Immediately after Dean had left, Castiel knew something was wrong. He should have never let Dean out of his sight, but he just forgot what Dean really was. Dean seemed much too normal and human. He was everything a Demon wasn't. Regardless, Dean couldn't be up to any good out there. Even when he was human, he wasn't exactly the kind of person who stayed out of trouble. It was as if danger followed him wherever he went. It didn't take Castiel all too long to come to the decision that he needed to find Dean and bring him back.

And so, Castiel flew off leaving the house empty and dark filled only with the quiet hum of the TV. 

The streets past the junkyard were dark and empty, save for the occasional puddle of gasoline or flickering light of a streetlamp. It was eerie, and made Castiel feel vaguely off. Like something awful was about to happen. 

Just as Castiel was about to give up his search, and head back to Bobby's, the sound of a silky voice broke the air. 

"Dean.... Look at you." It purred from a dark, empty alley. Castiel immediately headed straight towards it. He landed softly behind the curve of the nearest building, just out of sight of Dean and the woman that was accompanying him. 

"Shove it, bitch." Dean snarled back. The woman had him by the throat up against the wall of the alley way, like she was about to attack him. She reeked of demon blood, and just darkness in general. Castiel resisted the urge to cover his nose, and listened in closer.

"I don't want to hurt you, but you're starting to piss me off." 

She laughed and drew a finger slowly across Dean's face, and stopped at his lips. Below her hand, Dean grimaced, and tried to pull back without much success. 

"I got my orders, Dean. It's nothing personal..."  She stepped back suddenly in a whirl of dark hair and pale skin, and lifted her hand up as if to strike Dean.

Bad idea.... Castiel thought. Immediately, Dean's eyes flicked black and with a shout of anger, he threw her back against the wall with a surprising force. Her body landed with a hard slam, and she slumped down onto the pavement. A dark, red stream began to trickle from her mouth, matching the deep colour of her lips perfectly. She stumbled to her feet, and dusted herself off. 

"Ouch, Dean." She smiled. "You're more powerful than I thought." 

Across from her, Dean just laughed and raised his hands. 

"Come and get it, you fucking slut." He taunted, waggling his eyebrows in a cocky manner. She bit her lip, and finally lunged towards him. Behind her back, the woman reached into her pocket, and pulled out a long, dangerous knife that Castiel immediately recognized as the one Ruby had given the Winchester's. He couldn't watch this anymore. With a long, powerful stride, Castiel stepped out from the shadows and threw the woman back and away from his Righteous Man. 

"The hell?" Dean said, stepping back in surprise. It didn't take long for him to catch sight of Castiel's glowing, furious form. He headed straight for the woman with an outstretched palm. She layed weakly against the ashpalt, shaking her head and whimpering. 

"No, no, please, no." She cried, and Castiel mercilessly placed a  hand against her forehead. In a sudden, bright flash of light, she was dead.

The knife fell from her hand and clattered against the hard ground, and soon after her body slumped down. The air was quiet and heavy, and the only noise to be heard was Dean's frantic breathing. Finally, Castiel turned back to him, and frowned. 

"She was a demon." Castiel said with the slightest bit of anger seeping through his words. Dean flinched, and picked up the knife. 

"Yeah... I noticed." He toyed with the knife in his hands, looking down on the body with a slight expression of disgust. 

"How did she get the knife, Dean?"  

"Had it in my jacket. She must have snatched it when we walked out of the bar..." he shrugged, and stuffed it back in his coat. "How'd you know where to find me?" 

Castiel ignored the question, and gave Dean a hard, dissapointed look. The demon sighed in exasperation, and began to rub his forehead absently. 

"Why'd you kill her?"

"She was going to kill you, Dean." 

"I got that." He snapped. "But why? I'm a demon. You should want me dead... For fucks sake, all of Heaven should want me dead." 

"Heaven doesnt know about you. Yet." Castiel murmured, dropping the emotionless angel act, and bowed his head. He was ashamed of his actions, and with good reason. He was disobeying his orders for a demon. That was pretty much worse than what Lucifer had done. 

"They don't know?!" Dean asked, eyes wide and confused. They were their typical green though, which Castiel was thankful for.

"No." He sighed. 

"How?" 

"I... I didn't tell them." 

"Why not?" 

"Because I didn't want to loose you, Dean." 

Dean popped his mouth open as if to speak, but no words came out. All was silent, and Dean dropped his eyes as well, staring blankly down at the body before them. The sounds of cars and a low hum of talk began to buzz in the distance, and Castiel finally broke the silence. 

"I will fix this, Righteous Man. I promise." 

Without another word, Castiel flew off, leaving Dean alone and confused in the dark of the alley. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

638K 23.4K 22
The angels have fallen. Castiel lost his grace, and is now a human. He experiences hunger, cold, need, but still pondered at the thought of love. Dea...
226 5 14
Crowley the "King of Hell" is your ex. You have moved on and now you are in a semi-normal relationship with Dean Winchester. Hunting beside 2 of the...
562K 22.6K 11
Castiel hates Dean Winchester with a passion. Every word he said, every look he makes, ever movement he does makes the Novak hate him more and more e...
12.7K 540 12
I love the idea of Destiel, that a human and an angel can move beyond the physical boundaries of the human body, and find something deeper in each ot...