The Secret Singer

By addictofchocolate

Cover by: @_ViciousCupcake_ with tweaks and a sticker added by @tinhovercarinice What if Cinderella never los... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Not an Update, but an interesting Tag
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29- Part 1
Not an Update
Cover Contest (Finished)
Chapter 29- Part 2
Results of Cover Contest
Covers Received
Chapter 29-Part 3
Chapter 30
Epilogue
Big News!
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Help with the New Book
Ask Me
Rekindling Us is Now Available

Chapter 18

57.2K 1.6K 1.3K
By addictofchocolate

A/N: I made this as long as I could without writing absolute nonsense in it, so I hope it's long enough! Oh, and would you guys tell me what country you're from? I find it so interesting to see where all my readers are from! Anyways, enjoy!

**Picture of the three dresses; going from left to right is Jess, Steph, and Amy **

**Song is cover of All I want for Christmas is you by Ariana Grande**

Stephanie's POV

The day has arrived. The Starlight party is today and let me tell you, if I had not already been threatened to not throw up and destroy my make-up or I'd get bodily harm, I would definitely be sick at the moment. As it was, I was trying to stay still and keep my breakfast down while Helga's assistant poked my eye out with the eyeliner.

Eyeliner, the torture device of the 21st century.

I wasn't allowed to look at my reflection, because it was supposed to be a "suprise". Not that I really care. All I want is a nice, tasty sandwich and a large soda to fill me up. But no, I have to sit here with three women poking and prodding me with various deadly instruments like eyeliner, curling irons, and tweezers. God, being a woman is so unfair sometimes.

By the time I'd finished being waxed, scrubbed within an inch of my life, buffed, oiled down, and perfumed, I was almost too tired to sit and get my make-up and hair done. Jess was completely unaffected and looked cool as a cucumber, and Amy looked like she was having the time of her life with all the people pampering her. I mean, yeah, it's nice to have people catering to make me look my absolute best, but how can I concentrate on that when I'm about to go to a star studded event where I'll probably make an absolute fool of myself?

With all my musings, I didn't even realize the girls were done and they were ushering me into the changing room to get dressed. I look at the hanger and gasped at the luxurious pink dress on it. I put it on quickly and go outside to look at myself in the floor length mirror.

I don't think I have ever seen myself look this amazing. Even how I looked at the photo shoot doesn't compare to this. My red hair is super glossy and half was let out into big, long ringlets that reached mid-back, while the other half was pinned up. My dress is a light pink with a sweetheart neckline that hugged my figure until mid-thigh where it tapered out. The bodice is completely bejeweled with silver diamonds, and a few settled on the bottom. My heels are gold with little bows in the back, and I swear I want to stay with them for the rest of my life!

I go out into the main area and gasp at Amy and Jess who look absolutely breathtaking. Jess was confident and sexy in a tight, red, long, and lacy dress. It hugged her figure from top to bottom, and she looked every bit the model with her black stilettos, loose, dark hair and bright red lipstick that popped with her flawless, caramel skin. Amy was in a lovely, white dress with a sparkly and spaghetti strapped top, and a flowy bottom. Her silver heels were much shorter than the ones Jess and I wore, and I realize it's because she wants to be able to dance a lot without her feet hurting. Her hair is completely straight and shiny, complimenting her tan skin and her simple make-up. We all look amazing, and I breathe a little easier knowing that at least our appearances will fit in at the party.

"Oh you all look so beautiful!" Helga cries. She and her assistants flock around us and give us some finishing touches, including some earrings for each of us. She then gives us some clutches to finish each of our outfits, and we're finally complete.

We stand in front of the mirror, and I finally see why I just went through all that torture. The end result is just so completely worth it.

"I look so hot, my new nickname might as well be caliente!" Jess says with a smug smile.

We all laugh, and Helga gives us a hug before leaving to go get the guys. I fidget a little while waiting, and I immediately get my hand slapped away by one of Helga's minions. I give her the evil eye, but she gives it right back and tells me not to ruin her creation. Nice to know my outfit is more appreciated than me.

The door opens and Helga comes back in with the boys hot on her heels. I look at Collin and all I can say is: Wow. Just wow.

Collin looks absolutely scrumptious in a perfectly tailored black suit and a pink tie to match my dress. Noah and Blake look great also, and they each have ties that match the girls also.

Collin comes over with a nervous smile and a single lilly.

"You look so beyond beautiful." He whispers. I smile and kiss him softly.

"Thank you, " I whisper back. He takes a deep breath and looks into my eyes.

"So, there's a little problem. Two of the singers that were supposed to go to the party as entertainment can't come anymore. So, I volunteered to sing a song for one of them, but they still need another. Do you think you could sing a song to keep the party going?" He asks.

My breathe catches in my throat, and I look at him wide eyed.

"Me? Sing a song?"

"Don't panic; it would be a simple, Christmas song of your choice and you get a whole chorus as a background to help you out. What do you think?"

I think about it, and I realize that it's not that big of a deal. I'm going to get media coverage for being there with Collin anyway, so what does it matter if I sing?

"Hypothetically speaking, let's say I agree. What song would I sing?" I ask slowly. Collin smiles.

"Well, hypothetically speaking, if you agreed you could sing whatever you wanted, as long as it's Christmas related." He answers.

I think it over in my head, and the perfect song suddenly pops into my head. I smile brightly at him.

"Okay, I'll do it."

He kisses me and spins me around in his arms, until Helga comes and scolds him while reapplying my lipstick.

"You two lovebirds behave!" She says teasingly as we all walk to the limo waiting outside.

People stare as we walk past in the lobby, and I feel a sense of pride bubble up in me. Is this how it feels to be famous? Do they always feel this sense of entitlement and pride no matter where they are? If so, I can see why so many people strive to be famous. It's a very heedy feeling.

We enter the limo after a last goodbye to Helga and her minions, and the streets are a blur as we travel to the Hudson river. Collin opens two bottles of bubbly cider, and pours it into individual glasses for each of us. We hold them up and toast to a good party, then drink the appley deliciousness and talk about anything to calm our nerves as we near the river.

We finally stop at the dock where a horde of paparazzi surround the yacht and try to get the various stars entering to speak to them. My nerves come back full force at the scene in front of me, and I wipe my suddenly sweaty hands on a napkin. Collin looks over and smiles reassuringly.

"It's all good. Trust me, you will do perfectly." He whispers in my ear while rubbing his thumb on my knuckles.

I nod slowly and take a deep breath as the others get out of the car first, then Collin extends a hand out to me and I step out. I'm immediately blinded by various flashes of different cameras around me, and I try hard to not squint weirdly and get a dumb picture of me taken. They all yell out and ask who I am and what I am to Collin.

"This is my beautiful girlfriend, Stephanie Coleman." He says proudly with me tucked firmly into his side. I blush, and the paparazzi eat it up and go crazy with follow up question, but Collin brushes them off and walks us into the yacht.

The yacht is absolutely gorgeous. It's decorated with lighted star decorations, and a big Christmas tree stands proud and tall in a corner. A big, wooden stage stands toward the front of the yacht and a woman sings an exact rendition of Rockin' around the Christmas tree. Everywhere I look I see another star I've dreamed of meeting, and I lean on Collin from the overwhelming feelings bubbling up in me.

"Don't worry baby, most people here are perfectly normal, I promise. Yeah, they're famous and rich, but that doesn't really mean they're conceited. Now, that doesn't mean there aren't a few rotten apples here and there, but for the most part you'll notice they're just like any normal person." He tells me as we walk around.

I take a breath to tell him that I'm fine, but at that moment Jessica Alba comes over to say hi and I'm starstruck all over again.

***

After meeting a whole bunch of celebrities and getting my fair share of pictures and autographs with them, I finally sneak away to eat a few of the delicious looking appetizers. At the exact moment I swallow my first bite of food I get a tap on my shoulder. I sigh and turn around with a smile for the next person who wants to know how Collin and I met, but I quickly realize this girl is different.

With her pin straight, glossy blonde hair, the huge diamond pendant on her neck and her ice blue cocktail dress the exact same shade as her eyes she screams elegance, but there's an undercurrent of an emotion I can't quite put my finger on. Something that's definitely not positive.

"You must be Stephanie, the girl everyone can't stop talking about." She says with narrowed eyes and a sickly sweet voice. I narrow mine right back at her.

"That would be me. Sorry I don't know your name; you must not be that important." I tell her with an equally as sugary voice. She glares and finally drops the nice act.

"I am Nicky Dane, also known as the girl who first had Collin's heart." She says with a smirk. "You can walk around and act like you belong, but you don't. In the end, you're just a common girl with no way to make it in the big league. Collin will see that, and then you'll be gone and he'll come crawling back to me."

I let her rant, and when she's finished I do what she least expects. I smile.

"You have no idea what I'm capable of, nor of who I am. So I suggest you back away while tou still can. You might be able to get by in these circles with your fake nose and plastic body, but I have so much more. And as for my relationship, it's doing great and only getting better every day. I knew all about you before we started dating, and let me tell you there are no positive feelings for you in Collin. So I will only tell you once. Back off." I tell her fiercely.

She gapes at me for a while, and I feel pride bubble up in me that I was able to leave her speechless. She finally composes herself enough to speak, but Jess and Amy come at that moment with Blake and Noah following them. Jess looks down at Nicky like you would look at the gum at the bottom of your shoes.

"Who would this be?" She asks. Nicky opens her mouth to speak, but I beat her to it.

"This is Nicky Dane. She was just leaving."

Nicky glares at me and again tries to speak, but this time Amy interrupts.

"Look, hun, there are some people who are too nice to tell others how they feel to their face. I am not one of those people. So I am telling you now, I don't like you. Go away."

She glares at all of us, huffs, and stomps away like a child having a temper tantrum. I crack up as soon as she's gone.

"Was that really necessary?" I ask Amy with a smile. She smirks.

"Yep, you're way too sweet for your own good. You need to learn to be more assertive. Now, Jess and I will go dance with the boys. Try not to find any more bitches like that so I don't go to jail for murder, okay?"

I laugh and nod, and she and Jess drag the boys to the dance floor. The song changes at that exact moment and I hear Collin's baritone voice begin to sing Baby please come home.

Christmas)
The snow's coming down
(Christmas)
I'm watching it fall
(Christmas)
Lots of people around
(Christmas)
Baby please come home

I listen, mesmerized, as he sings soulfully and garners everyone's attention easily. I stare with a small smile at my wonderful boyfriend as he sings, and I suddenly get a memory of when I was six.

"Baby please come hoome!" Mommy sings as daddy twirls her in our living room.

I smile as she keeps singing. Mommy is the best singer in the whole world, and daddy always says so. He also says she's the hottest singer, but she feels perfectly warm to me.

Mommy finishes the song, and she and daddy come to the couch where I am to hug me.

"We love you red." She whispers in my ear.

I giggle as she and daddy both kiss my cheeks. I just love Christmas.

I wipe a stray tear as the memory ends, and I smile and clap loudly as Collin bows at the end of his song. He smiles brightly and introduces me to everyone.

"As many of you know by now, the beautiful redhead over there is my girlfriend Stephanie. What you don't know is she's also an amazing singer who'll be singing for you all tonight. So please welcome her with a warm round of applause!"

I giggle and walk up the stage the steps as the chorus readies themselves behind me.

"Hey everyone! Are you guys havung fun tonight?" I ask. The crowd cheers. "Good, good! Now, I'm going to be singing an old classic that I just believe can never go out of style. This is All I Want For Christmas is You!"

They cheer some more, and I hear the music swell. I hear my cue, and I close my eyes as I begin to sing.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you

I open my eyes and do a little dance as the music changes and becomes more lively. The chorus sways and begins to sing with me.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There is just one thing I need
And I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree

I don't need to hang my stocking
There upon the fireplace
Santa Claus won't make me happy
With a toy on Christmas Day

I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

I look out as I sing and watch Nicky grind her teeth together in displeasure. That's what you get, you Medusa wannabe.

Oh, I won't ask for much this Christmas
I won't even wish for snow
And I'm just gonna keep on waiting
Underneath the mistletoe

I won't make a list and send it
To the North Pole for Saint Nick
I won't even stay awake to
Hear those magic reindeer click

'Cause I just want you here tonight
Holding on to me so tight
What more can I do?
Baby, all I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

Oh, all the lights are shining
So brightly everywhere
And the sound of children's
Laughter fills the air

And everyone is singing
I hear those sleigh bells ringing
Santa, won't you bring me the one I really need?
Won't you please bring my baby to me?

Oh, I don't want a lot for Christmas
This is all I'm asking for
I just want to see my baby
Standing right outside my door

Oh, I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
Baby, all I want for Christmas is you
You, baby

All I want for Christmas is you, baby

The song finally ends, and the crowd claps loudly. I bow slightly and walk down the stairs again as the MC of the night begins to speak. Collin takes my hand and praises my performance, then we walk over to our friends, but a small, balding man stops us.

"Hello there, Stephanie. I had to come over and and congratulate you on your stellar performance. Please know that if you ever need representation you can call on my company and we'll hook you up. Here's my card, dear." He says. He gives me his laminated card, and leaves with a final shake of my hand.

"Ookaay," I say slowly. Collin laughs.

"Welcome to Hollywood, where all anyone wants to do is make connections." He says.

I shake my head, and we walk to the dance floor where the rest of our friends are, and dance until the night ends and we have to go back home.

I give Collin a long kiss goodbye when we get to the door of our suite, and I see Blake suddenly grab Jess around her waist and kiss her until she's dazed. We all gape at him, and he shrugs.

"I was tired of waiting for her to make the first move." He tells us unapologetically.

We laugh and the happy new couple kiss one last time before separating. The girls and I go jnto the suite and Amy and I quiz Jess on what happened until she yawns, making it quite clear she's not up to much more speaking. Especially since we need to pack our last essentials into our bags for tomorrow's voyage.

I don't want to leave. New York has been like a slice of paradise that I didn't know existed, and now that I do, I don't want to let it go. But I have to, and now Cinderella has to go back to reality where fantasy must leave and anger and frustration reign over the land. I don't want to go back to the empty rooms in the unnecessarily huge house I have, and the icy silence between my father and I. But at least I have Christmas with the Jameson family tomorrow when I land to look forward to. Oh boy.

****

Unknown POV

I walk over to my dresser and take off my gold cufflinks. As I get ready for bed, I think of what I saw today.

Collin has gotten close to the girl, but then I knew he would. It was so obvious from his facial expressions whenever he was near her. They're the same ones I had when I met Eva.

I smirk and pad softly to the room next to mine, and enter slowly to see Eva breastfeeding our three month old son. I smile and walk over to hold him when she's done. I hold him in my arms and he squints those emerald eyes that run in our family.

Maybe what I'm doing is overboard, but I need to gain some strong ground with Collin before I reveal myself. But soon I will talk to him face to face, and he'll finally know the truth.

****

A/N: So what'd you think? Did you like the Starlight party?

What do you think of the unknown POV?

How will Stephanie survive Christmas with the Jameson family?

Please remember to vote, comment, and share guys! Those help tremendously and give me a good idea of what y'all think of the chapter. It is Christmas eve here in eastern USA, but I'll probably forget to tell you guys tomorrow, so Merry Christmas!!! Have a lovely holiday and drink a lot of eggnog!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

844K 24.2K 24
A teen girl gets more than she bargained for when she unexpectedly wins a trip to LA to hang out with Hollywood's latest bad boy pop star
246K 10.4K 70
[Highest Rank - #1 Short Story] [Highest Rank - #9 Random] [Highest Rank - #71 Funny] Macy Moretti works for a hotline that "cures heartache" to esca...
Missing Pieces | ✓ By vin

Mystery / Thriller

219K 13.6K 41
• A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY • • highest rank | #92 in mystery/thriller • Having two business partners for parents meant they worked extra long shifts...
180K 5.1K 20
When the school year ends and summer rolls around, you never know what can happen. When Katie and her friends decide to take a beach vacation in unfa...