Flight 21

By shainamason

Avery Quinton is a rebel. So when she gets expelled from her fourth boarding school her parents decide it's t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29

Chapter 6

173K 2.3K 274
By shainamason

Okay so I asked for 300 votes and you guys delivered. I got more than 300 about a day and even though I uploaded yesterday since you guys voted so much I decided to give you this chapter.

Thanks :)

“I think we’re almost there,” Trent said walking next to me. The smell of burnt gasoline lingered in the air heavily. You’d think this weird but it smelled kinda good, especially after walking in the jungle for hours. “It’s probably just up ahead.”

“I really hope your right because this is getting extremely boring and my feet are killing. I need something interesting to do,” I whined miserably. The bruise on my food had finally faded but it felt even worse than before.

“Are you calling me boring?” Trent asked turning to face me, feigning hurt. “Ouch. By the end of this trip my ego will have shrivelled up into barely anything.” Your ego will be nothing if you keep talking, I thought to myself will a small smile.

“Hey Trent, what do you think will be left of the plane?” I asked with a small voice. Personally, I really hoped there was something to help us get home.

“Well, I think the plane itself will be something,” he replied. I pulled my brows together and looked at him. “Well what I mean is, the plane could be used as a shelter and then there are probably bundles of food in there from all the flights. There are probably alot of other things to help up too.”

“I really hope your right, but in the mean time let’s play a game,” I chirped happily. He looked over to me questioningly but I ignored it. “Okay so I ask a question then you ask a question and we answer as truthfully as possible. I’ll go first!” I was basically skipping now, to happy to care about the looks he was giving me. “Okay. Trent, what’s your favourite colour?”

“Why is it that’s the first question every girl asks? I mean even guys don’t ask that question, and they say girls are supposed to be deep,” he ranted on, “I could probably ask a much better question in my turn.” He shook his head smiling.

“Great, that’s awesome,” I said with fake happiness, “Now answer the question.” This game was a lot more fun in my head. Either that or his purpose in life is to ruin my contentment. Both of which are possible.

“Oh, right, my favourite colour is sea foam green. See I bet you weren’t expecting that. I’m quite deep,” he said with a crooked smile.

“Yeah yeah sure you are,” I muttered sarcastically, “now what’s your amazing question?” His question was probably going to be no better than mine.

“Alright my question to you is,” he sobered up for a moment before saying the rest. I raised my eyebrows impatiently. “Are you virgin?” I basically choked on nothing but the air to that question.

“Only you would ask that,” I muttered, suddenly conscious that he was actually awaiting my question. “Yes I am,” I answered proudly. Yes proudly. Not many people my age would be happy about that but I was fine with it.

“Now who’s lying,” he accused with a bark of laughter. I looked at him shocked. How could he possibly tell I was lying? No one knew I was lying, ever. “If you’re wondering how I know your lying, the reason is you have a tell. The left side of your lip quirks up slightly. Why are you lying?” he wonders aloud.

“Nuh uh. It’s my turn to ask the question now. My question to you is,” I thought for a moment contemplating my questions, “where were you coming from before you got on Flight 21?”

“Well, my parents were going to hand the family business down to me and I was in Europe checking out all the places the business ran through and learning the ropes I guess.” Maybe it’s because Trent was always talking and saying stuff, but I was expecting that answer to be a bit more. “Well you already know my next question,” he said with a knowing smile, “or do you need me to repeat it?”

“No it’s fine,” I sighed. He’s the first one I’ll be telling this since I’ve never been caught before. “I lied because well, it sucked, big time. It was with my boyfriend and well I felt nothing after that.” That memory was not the best, but still not the worst.

“You know it’s not always bad. You just have to find someone who’s good at it. Let’s say me for example,” he said with a cocky smirk. I glared at him but he held his arms up defensively, “Hey, it’s only an example but if you want to. . .”

“You know what I am not going to have this talk with you. And from now on try to ask normal questions. Anyways it’s my turn,” I thought for a moment. Was there anything about Trent that I really wanted to know? “Wait. How old are you exactly?”

“I’ll be 19 in about two more weeks. I was supposed to take over the family business when I turned 19 but with the recent change of events, my brother will have to run it till I’m back. But I guess that’s fine with me,” he shrugged off, “do you have any siblings?”

“No I’m an only child. And my parents don’t really like kids. I was kind of an accident being born,” I nodded trying to stop the tears that always entered my eyes from the topic. “I wish I had a big brother or a little sister or something, but then again, they could end up as bad as I did.”

“You didn’t end up bad,” Trent said softly, putting a hand on my bare shoulder causing me to shiver slightly. We walked in a small silence until he spoke again. “I wish I was an only child sometimes. My brother Than is younger than me by less than a minute but he always makes my life hell. He’s cool at times though, when he’s being a jackoff.”

“What kind of name is ‘Than’ anyways?” I laugh to myself. He smiled a bit more. “And you guys are twins aren’t you?” I realize.

“Hey that’s two questions,” he said teasingly. “And yes, we are twins, but don’t worry I got all the looks on the family,” he smirked. “Oh, and Than’s just his nickname. His name’s actually Nathaniel. My mom named him and my dad named me.”

“Hmm,” I hummed quietly. The small noises around us were all we heard for a while. The rustling of the trees through the soft breezes of wind, out slow, steady breathing. No animals were in sight. Actually I expected to have a few run-ins with wild animals but nothing so far. We continued to walk through the forest, pushing branches and vines out of our way.

“Hey Avery?” he said slowly. I nodded my head not turning to face him. “Why were you on Flight 21? Is there a reason you were on the plane or something?”

“Um yeah,” I said trying to suppress a smile, “I got kicked out of my most recent boarding school.” He chuckled to himself lightly.

“Any particular reason you got kicked out?” he said with a raised eyebrow. “You didn’t do anything wrong did you?”

“Why is it that everyone just assumes I did something wrong,” I said pretending to look offended. “I mean really I didn’t do anything wrong this time and I didn’t even deserve to be kicked out.”

“’This time,’” he said smiling. “There have been other times. I think I may have underestimated you but that was probably because you’re so short. What’d you do anyways?”

“First of all I’m not short, you’re just freakin 6 foot 5. And I’ve been expelled from 4 four boarding school so far,” I said skipping again. “Its fun to see the principal’s annoyed with me. But for my most sudden expulsion I didn’t even do anything this time.”

“Oh? Then what happened? And I’m 6 foot 1 if you were wondering.” He rolled his eyes at my happiness over being expelled. What can I say, school bores me.

“Well, I spent months beforehand trying to get expelled but nothing worked. Then the principal found some alcohol in the dorms and accused me out of all people,” I smiled at the memory. Oh, I wonder if ol’ Neilie misses me. “I wanted to get expelled anyways so I just told him it was me.”

“I’m gonna have to blame you then for getting us stuck on this island.” I raised my eye brow at him. “Well, karma was obviously after you for getting thrown out of all those schools. Unfortunately we had to be on the plane with you when karma took its toll.” I shoved his shoulder playfully and continued walking.

“Don’t you think it’s kind of weird that we survived that plane crash,” I asked in a small voice. “I mean it just doesn’t seem possible. And you would expect some injury or something to come out of it.”

“Let’s just be glad we made it then,” he responded. “Come on, I think the plane’s just up ahead.” We walked through the rest of the way in silence. I peeked over to look at Trent, but his dark eyes were fixated on what was in front of them.

We reached the end of the jungle and could see the light peeking through the trees. The sun was setting meaning we spent the entire day walking. Small rays shone onto us. They danced over Trent and covered his skin. It made me realize how pale he seemed to look. Just yesterday he was tanned and though we’ve been in the cover of the trees I was still tanning slowly. Maybe he was just sick or something. He didn’t get anything to eat when I did so maybe that was it.

“It’s just through the clearing,” he said breaking me out of my thoughts. He pointed up to the sky, “See the smoke still rising? That probably means that there was something burning a couple days ago when we crashed.” He stopped walking and I glanced over at his curiously.

“Well? Are we going or not?” I asked. He turned his dark eyes to look at me then turned back to the clearing ahead.

“Avery. You may not have thought of this but, the passengers probably didn’t make it out of the plane.” I nod for him to continue. “Meaning there still in there,” I nod again waiting for his to finish. “Dead, he said bluntly, “their in there dead.”

“Oh,” I said my stomach twisting. “I didn’t, think of that. But there’s no turning back now. I’m not gonna sit out now that I’ve spent all day getting here.”

“Fine. But let me walk ahead of you,” he asked. “That way if there’s anything I don’t think you can take then you don’t have to look. Alright?” Even if I said no, he probably wouldn’t have cared.

“Yeah, alright.” It didn’t feel like a bad deal to me. I probably wouldn’t be able to take some of the gorier things. Trent walked and I followed behind closely.

As soon as we got away from the trees, the light shone down on us causing a momentary blindness. As it faded the figure of the plane began to shape out. The plane covered most of the shore. One of the wings was in the water and the other tilted up slightly. Cracks ran through most of the bottom where it landed along with massive dents. The entire tale was ripped off and lay separately from the plane. Something was leaking out through the back, what I guessed to be gasoline. The front of the plane wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. It has several dents and cracks but other than that nothing was wrong. The middle was broken and some metal was chipping off. On the side one thing was visible. Large red faded letters spelling out ‘Flight 21.’

“You sure you want to do this?” Trent asked from in front of me, his voice calm. This was one of the times I thought he was crazy because he was almost too calm for these situations.

“I’m sure,” I responded. “Let’s just go inside.” He looked over and nodded, his expression dead set on the plane.

“Give me your hand,” he said holding one of his muscled arms backwards. I slowly took his hand which made me immediately shiver. His cold grasp held my hand firmly and I held back. We headed towards the middle of the plane where the door we used to escape stood ajar.

The fear was finally kicking in and but I felt desperate to know what was inside. The sand ran through my sandals and rested in my toes. I followed Trent trying to calm my heart rate. He gave my hand a small squeeze and walked to the metal death trap.

“Okay, make sure you keep your eyes closed until I say you can open them. If you can’t do that than just look down until I say its fine.” He sighed and ran a hand through his jet black hair. “Alright Avery let’s go in.”

What'd you guys think. Comment below and I might dedicate the next chapter to you ? ? ?

VOTE/COMMENT/FAN

Continue Reading