Silent Games

By Scarlett-Kun

In one of Rin & Amaimon's fights the Earth King gets a glimpse of Rin's memories. Only to find the younger de... More

Prologue
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
Prologue

CHAPTER 2

6.2K 273 245
By Scarlett-Kun

Day 2

2:45am

Beep!...Beep!...Beep!

"Will he be alright?" A voice asked in the distance, echoing in the demon's head.

"I can't be sure." Another spoke, a saddened tone in his voice. "He lost so much blood, before I got there. Even with me blood and his demonic healing abilities, I don't think it will be enough."

"But there has to be something we can do." The voice from before spoke up, anger in his tone. "You can't let your own brother die!"

"I've done everything I can, Suguro. We just have to wait and see if he'll pull through."

"Like hell I'm waiting!" Bon's voice yelled, as a door slammed and footsteps sounded in the distance. "I'm not leaving your side, till you're awake. You can count on it, idiot."

Day 5

12:15pm

Beep...Beep...Beep.

Slowly, but surely, the demon pulled himself out of unconsciousness and opened his eyes. The room dark around him and very little sunlight peeking out of the drawn curtains, as the teen looked around the room and noticed the heart monitor next to the bed. An air mask over the demon's face and Bon asleep next to the bed. His classmate still dressed in his school uniform and his backpack near the door. Bags under the older teen's eyes and his once gelled back hair in his face, as his chest rose and fell with his breathing. As the younger went to reach out and wake up his classmate, till he pulled his arm closer and silently hissed in pain. The lack of moving for so long leaving his muscles sore and aching, as he smacked his head against the pillow behind his head and his classmate shifted in his sleep. The older teen practically jumping awake, as if he realized he fell asleep, and noticed the demon was awake. A look of relief washing over the teen's face, as he reached out and took the younger teen's hand.

"Are you feeling alright?" Bon asked, looking at the demon with a slight bit of worry in his gaze.

Rin gave him a slight shrug and Bon chuckled, as he got out of his chair and sat on the edge of the bed; grabbing the demon's phone and handing it to him.

"What's the shrug for?"

'Everything is sore, but I can deal with it.' Rin typed, before he showed his classmate.

"Well, that's good." Bon spoke in relief, as he got up and went over to the window to pull the curtains open. "You've been asleep for four days. Everyone in class has been worried about you."

Rin's heart stopped for a moment, as he hit the end button on his phone and stared at the date on the screen. The demon realizing he had lost four whole days in Amaimon's little game and hasn't any closer than he had been four days ago. As Bon opened the curtains, letting the light in, and turned to see the demon staring at the cell phone in his hand, a depressed look on his face. Before Bon walked over and sat on the bed, making the demon look at him and set his phone down. A look of uncertainty and sadness worn out in his gaze, before he looked away and closed his eyes. Bon looking down at his lap and trying to find something to say, as the teen on the bed shifted against the mattress; before he tried to sit up. A look of pain brushing across his features, as Bon stood up and got up to help the demon sit up.

"Take it easy." The older teen spoke, as helped the demon sit up and propped the pillow up behind him. "You don't want to rip open your stitches."

'Stitches?'

"You got your side ripped open by that huge hobgoblin." Bon spoke, giving the demon a small look of worry. "Don't you remember?"

After staring at his classmate in confusion, Rin pulled his shirt up a bit to find a huge dark purple bruise marring his skin, and long gash marks on top of it. The damage obviously having healed a lot, otherwise he would've been bleeding out. Stitches keeping the skin together and some kind of ointment rubbed over it.

Without a second thought, Rin brushed his fingers against the wound and didn't bother to cringe when it stung. Before Bon reached out and took the teen's hand away from the grosum wound and pulled his shirt down. Almost as if to tell him not to touch it and let it heal, as he stood up and pulled out his phone to text someone.

"I promised your brother I'd look after you, while he's out on his mission." Bon explained, as he closed his phone and looked at the demon. "He let two days ago, and won't be back for another two. So you're stuck with me, whether you like it or not."

'I never said I didn't like you.' The teen typed, before showing it to his classmate.

"Then how do we always end up on arguments?" Bon asked, giving him a frown. "We argue almost every day."

'A lot of things get in the way of having a normal conversation.'

"Like what?" Bon pressed, crossing his arms. "You've got nothing against me."

The demon hesitated, as he looked down at the keyboard and slid his fingers against the buttons. The memory of that love letter flashing through his head, as the demon gripped the phone tight and hesitantly replied.

'I have one thing against you, but I may never tell you.' Without a second for hesitation, Rin showed his classmate the message and looked away to avoid seeing his reaction.

"Why wouldn't you tell me?" Bon pressed, looking at him confusion. "It's not like I'll get mad."

'You'll be disgusted and probably hate me.'

"How do you know?"

'Fine, but I'll only give you a hint.' Rin gave in, as he felt uneasy because of his decision.

"Alright. Shoot."

'Love letter.'

Bon looked at the two words on the screen, in pure confusion, as a doctor from the order came in and interrupted Bon's train of thought.

"I'm here to look at your wound, Okumura." The male exorcist explained, a medical kit in his hand. "Yukio gave me the task of looking after you medically."

'Alright, just watch the bruising around the stitching. It stings.' Rin typed, before showing the exorcist.

"That's right. I almost forgot Yukio told me you lost your voice." The man spoke, as he walked over and sat in the chair Bon had slept in. "But you don't have to worry. I'm just here to see how it's healing and see how your muscles are doing."

'They're sore and hurt like hell.'

"A little therapy will do you some good."

Rin gave the man a nod, before turning to Bon and typing out a message, showing it to his classmate:

'I'm hungry. If it's alright with you, can you get me something to eat? I'll pay you back later.'

"It's fine. You don't have to pay me."

'I will.' Rin typed, before giving his classmate a serious look.

"Fine, what do you want?"

'Meat. Anything with meat.'

Bon let out a chuckle at his reply and gave him a nod, heading to the door.

"I'll get you something with meat, then. I'll be back in ten to fifteen." Bon replied, walking out the door and closing it behind him.

As the doctor lifted up the demon's shirt and started checking the huge wound, a curious look on his face.

"A classmate of yours?" He asked, as he examined the stitching.

'Yeah. Kind of.'

"Enemy?"

'I love him and he doesn't know.' Rin typed, showing it to him and typing more. "It may sound disgusting, but he will never know.'

"I don't think it's disgusting." The exorcist spoke, as he pulled out some ointment and started to spread it over the wound. "Everyone has the right to their own opinion on life. Yours is different from mine, but I won't judge you."

'You think I have a chance, if I tried?'

The exorcist gave him a smiled and finished up with treating him, before he put away his supplies and looked at the demon.

"After him and your brother brought you here, he wouldn't leave your bedside." He spoke, as he reached over and pulled the cords off the demon's chest from under his shirt and shut off the heart monitor; before taking off the air mask. "He hasn't gone to class and he's barely left this room, unless he really has to. If you ask me, he was extremely worried about you, but I don't know anything else."

'Thanks.'

"Your welcome, and don't forget to get plenty of rest. Your demonic powers seem to be more powerful when you sleep."

The demon gave the exorcist a nod and watched him leave, till the door closed and he let out a mute sigh. Wondering what he was going to do about Amaimon's game and if he was going to make the deadline at this rate.

12:38 pm

Bon let out a sigh, as he leaned against the counter and waited for the food he had bought for Rin, and chewed on his bottom lip.

'Love letter.'

The words seemed to ring a bell to the Exwire, but he couldn't put his finger on it. Sure, he had gotten lots of love letters, but nothing seemed to hit any points with him. What had happened to make Rin so upset, that had to deal with a love letter. The demon had never written, from what he had seen, and Rin's handwriting was messy enough to recognize compared to everyone else in class. As far as he knew, Rin never had even really liked someone. Shiemi was a sweet girl, but it was obvious they were good friends. None the less, the more he seemed to ponder the fact; the harder it came to understand.

Giving up, Bon pulled out his cell phone and called Shima as one o the chiefs handed him a box of food and he paid for it.

"Hello? This is Renzou Shima speaking." The pink-haired teen spoke from the other end of the line. "If you're a cute babe-"

"Shima, it's me." Bon growled, as he rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Look at the caller ID."

"Oh, god! Bon! I'm sorry!" The teen panicked, as Miwa spoke in the background. "I thought the chick from my history class was calling!"

"Whatever. I need you to get something for me."

"What do you need?" The Exwire's best friend asked, as he heard him get up.

"Get the wooden box out of my closet, the one on the bottom, near the back; and bring it here." Bon instructed, as he headed down the hall. "I need it."

"Alright." Shima sighed, as he started rummaging around. "Hey, when are coming back to class? Shura is getting pissed."

"When Yukio gets back, or Rin gets back on his feet."

"I think Rin-chan can take care of himself, Bon." Shima sighed, as the Exwire heard him grab the box. "It's got to be awkward for him to be in the same room with you."

"I'm taking care of him, till his brother gets back, and what do you mean by that?" Bon asked, hearing his friend sigh.

"Ever since the love letter incident, Rin-chan has been acting more shutout than usual." Shima said, as he heard the teen close the door to the dorms. "Even Okumura-Sensei had noticed it."

"Letter incident? What letter incident?"

"You didn't know?" Shima asked, as he let out a sigh of dismay. "You remember the day someone hung up one of the love letters you got and Rin-chan got mad?"

"Yeah."

"It was Rin's."

_________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 229 38
This is a collection of brief Sasunaru Oneshots. Since this has been marked as completed, I will not be regularly updating or editing seeing as I hav...
3.3K 132 6
this is a soulmate au Here are the rules 1. this story starts in season three's training camp 2. if you don't touch your soulmate when you meet them...
31.8K 951 52
A future president and an artist, bound together by the overwhelming challenges of their daily life. Choi K Group's youngest daughter has a bright fu...
4.5K 662 18
Where the extremely loud & incredibly intimate Neil Khanna find his way to the immensely silent & hugely aloof Avni Mehta! But, can laughter fall in...