Danger is Near

By aliceblackbird

He was menacing. He was cold. He was horribly intimidating. And yet he was the kind of person you are instinc... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43

Chapter 42

9.6K 216 46
By aliceblackbird

I went to go get a drink, so it didn't look too suspicious as to why I wasn't talking and as to why I looked so angry. 

I had come to the conclusion that Tris only made it through because of her secret relationship with Four. Everyone could tell the two of them liked each other, just like everyone could tell I liked Eric and Eric liked me. But no one knew what Four and Tris had done. Then again, no one knew what Eric and I had done... But whatever, the focus was on Four and Tris. 

As I was contemplating and drinking I saw Tris walking up to me. I stood up straight, really slowly, while giving her the ultimate 'death glare'.  My sass-mode was officially 'on'. 

Tess, Al or Meg could've still been here. But no. Tris was. And I was livid. 

"Ok what's your problem?!" Tris said. Getting all fired up. 

"Oh you wanna talk about problems!?" I said feistily. 

"Well yeah. I guess we can because I think you have a major problem" Tris announced. 

"Oh yeah! And what's that" I said while crossing my arms against my chest. 

Before she said anything she scoffed and laughed mockingly.

"I can't believe you like Eric" she revealed. "He's such a player and he is so cruel".

"Well I can't believe you like Four, he's so frigid" I retorted. I was trying to seem calm though. It's what I tended to do when I want to show who was boss. 

"Well do you know how many girls Eric has slept with?" Tris said accusingly. Trying to take the subject off of her 'guy'. 

"What? I'm guessing you heard how many off of Four..." I said, stating the obvious. Tris nodded afterwards. "So you went to the guy who has beef with Eric and expected to hear the absolute truth? How stupid are you!? Of course Four is going to tell you a lie" I angrily said as I stepped closer to Tris. "Anyways, at least my guy knows how to 'get around'" I finished confidently. 

Tris looked really offended. And the others seemed to have noticed our bickering. 

"I heard Eric has slept with over fifteen girls!" Tris remarked, trying to 'get back at me'. 

"Oh will you just shut up about that... " I abused. Then I paused for affect. "You know what... In a way I think it's kinda cute. Two stiffs... two frigid stiffs" I continued as mockingly as possible. 

"Hey!" Tris said as she shoved me back a little. 

I stumbled back a little. Not expecting her to do that. 

"Did you just push me!?" I said, as I flicked some hair off of my face. 

"Yeah. I did" she replied, before I tackled her to the ground. And that's when everyone rushed over to see what was going on. 

We fought for a while. Everyones attempts of breaking us up didn't work. We continued getting a few punches in and a fews jabs. But after about five minutes Four was hauling me off of Tris. He began yelling at me, standing up for Tris. But I wasn't focussing on what he was saying. I was focussing on her. I didn't stop glaring at her. 

Then I heard a familiar voice, that sent relief shooting through me. He was bound to stand up for me. 

"What the hell is going on here!?" he yelled, barging through the small crowd and then ending up at my side. 

"Are you alright?" he said to me as he grazed his thumb over my lip. At first I was confused as to why he was doing that here but then I winced in pain. I had a cut lip. 

"I was in the control room and saw the two of them arguing then fighting" Four announced to Eric, pointing to something high up on the wall. A camera. 

"Well what the fuck were you doing yelling at Eliza?" Eric intimidatingly questioned. "It looks like both of them are at fault. Yet you decide to stick up for her" he continued angrily, referring to Tris, who was cowering behind Four. 

Eric then turned and noticed Christina, Will, Jem, Amy and Matisse still hanging around. 

He just simply gave them a wide-eyed look and they scooted. It was just the four of us now. Tris, Four, Eric and myself. 

Eric then turned to the two of us girls. "Tell me. What happened, exactly?" he asked seeming infuriated. It was only then I noticed Tris and her split eyebrow. 

I didn't want to look and her and I don't think she wanted to look at me. So I looked away, tilting my head up a little. Showing I wasn't planning on backing down. But neither was she. 

Tris wasn't talking so I decided to. "Tris here accused me of having 'problems'" I said in a snarkish tone. Flicking my eyes to her when I said 'problems'. 

"And what are these so called 'problems' exactly?" Eric asked. I think he thought the argument was a petty little argument but it wasn't because it involved him. 

"She said I have 'problems' because I like you" I said, crossing my arms and turning to Eric. 

Eric's expression changed. He looked startled. 

"Well if you wanna know the truth... It was actually Eliza that started it!" Tris accused. 

"Oh really! How?!" I raised my voice at her. 

Four stepped in front of her a little. "You cut it out" he said. 

I frowned at him. What the hell? Why is he just sticking up for her. 

Tris continued. "Because ever since we met you've hated me!"

"Pfft. So!" I replied. 

Tris started to say something else but then Four cut in. "Ok that's enough. Eric and I will see for ourselves. I've got everything on tape up in the control room. Let's go". 

We all followed him up to the control room in silence and we all entered. Four also made a few people leave so we would have privacy. 

"Here we are" he expressed as he pressed play. 

There we were, arguing and bitching about Four and Eric. 

Four and Eric watched contently. I kept looking to Eric to see what he would do when it came to certain parts of the argument. 

When I said the bit about Eric knowing how to get around he smirked. But quickly wiped it off of his face. 

Then he smirked again when I commented on the two of them, Four and Tris, being 'cute' because they were two 'frigid stiffs'.

We watched on until Eric came along, so we were completely caught up. 

"This behaviour is unacceptable" Eric said. Turning to Tris and glaring at her. 

"Wha- Why are you just referring to me!?" she whined. "Do you see what she did to me!?" she then continued whining, pointing to her eyebrow. 

"And do you see what you did to her" he arced up, pointing at my lip. 

"We're going to have to have a conference with Max about this. To make sure they learn from this. The both of them" Four said. Eric nodded. Agreeing with him. 

"We'll show Max the video and he can discuss punishments for them" Four voiced. Eric and Four then left the room, expecting us to follow. 

They walked us down to Max's office and told us to wait outside. 

"If you guys do anything, even if you utter a word to each other... You will be in a lot more trouble than you are in now. Got it?" Eric said. Mostly glaring at Tris before he walked into Max's office, closing the door. 

They talked in there for about ten minutes before Four came out and bought Tris in. Probably to have her explain her side of the story. 

Then after five minutes Eric bought me in, leaving Tris out in the corridor alone. 

I explained to Max that I did 'fancy' Eric and I was simply sticking up for him and myself. 

Max then asked if Eric and I had been 'involved' at any time during initiation and I replied with a stern 'no'. 

"Ok then. Bring Tris in" Max alerted Four. 

Max sat at his desk, Four and Tris stood in front of him to the right and Eric and I stood in front of him to the left. 

Things were about to get heavy. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 6.4K 35
She has always held the world in her hands. Especially when it comes to Dauntless and everything and everyone in it. She's entitled to it, or so she...
258K 5.4K 32
My name's Cassia Hollester. I'm different from the usual suspects, I'm divergent. Although, I never knew what that actually meant. I'm willing to fin...
509 56 8
𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐂 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑. . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ "what if i was just always meant to lose him?" . • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆ valentina eaton though...
521K 12.2K 31
(CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION SO BEWARE!!!!) "Why thank you, Mr. Serious." "Mr. Serious?" "Yeah, you're all like. 'Ug, I'm so serious, I can't smile...