Wet

By kobealcala

Arielle Tesfaye's senior year immediately turns upside down the second she finds out about her switch to anot... More

1. An Impending Storm
2. The TigerSharks Pt. 1
3. The TigerSharks Pt. 2
4. Plunging into a New Beginning
5. Son of a Beach
6. Into the Abyss
7. Sink or Swim
8. Tidal Wave of Emotions Pt. 1
9. Tidal Wave of Emotions Pt. 2
10. Sharks Smell Blood
11. Evening Bait
12. Swimming to Shore
13. Drowning In Friend Zone
14. Princess Ariel of The Sea
15. A Splash of Love
16. The Stingrays Pt. 1
17. The Stingrays Pt. 2
18. A Hail Storm of Events
19. A Pool of Illusions
20. Fishing for Help
21. Preparing the Bait
22. Caught by the Fishing Hook Pt. 1
23. Caught by the Fishing Hook Pt. 2
24. The Sting
25. Back into the Shark Tank
26. Seiche of Tears
27. Bathing in Awkwardness
28. Plenty of Other Fish in the Sea Pt. 1
29. Plenty of Other Fish in the Sea Pt. 2
30. When Two Waves Clash
32. Sea of Lust
33. A Night to Remember
34. Frostbite Pt. 1
35. Frostbite Pt. 2
36. A Sunset of Secrets
37. Blood Rain
38. A Dip Into the Past
39. Boats Against the Current
40. A Small Ripple for a Large Ocean
41. A New Aquarium (BONUS CHAPTER)
SEQUEL NOW PUBLISHED!
A VERY SHORT THANK YOU

31. Diving into River Styx

71.6K 3.5K 1K
By kobealcala

"Stepbrother vs Stepbrother." Trevor's eyes widened at me, grabbing my hand in complete excitement. "This will be very entertaining." He chuckled.

"That's insane, is that possible?" I queried quietly, eyeing at Logan's angered facial expression.

"What do you mean if that's possible? There's no rule in going head to head against a family member." He affirmed, letting go off my hand as he stood up to shout something out loud. "YOU CAN DO IT LOGAN!"

I stayed quiet as the whole team patiently watched the announcer raise up his whistle. The swimmers quickly got ready on their starting block.

I looked around to see where Andrew was but the whistle had already blown and the swimmers had already dived into the pool.

The room was immediately filled with loud cheers including ours. All our eyes following Logan swimming his way to the end.

But it was too late as someone had already zoomed pass Logan and the others. My eyes following the boy to see who it was, was still blurry. Just until he hit the end.

Please don't be Andrew, please don't be Andrew.

One side of the room bursted into loud cheers finding out that the winner was someone from The Great White Sharks. Well, better than Andrew, who I see walking back into The Stingrays side with a unidentifiable smirk on his face.

Some of our team members patted Logan's back and gave him friendly encouragements on his failure.

"It's alright Logan, we're not eliminated yet." Coach Alex smiled, looking back at the announcer.

I quickly frowned and turned my head towards Trevor. "Eliminated? What is this? The Hunger Games? This whole swimming event is so weird and different from normal events I would go to."

"The way Amphitrite organizes the competitions is insanely different than how other normal schools would do it. I myself still don't understand how the system works but all I know is each swimmer from each team should be able to play against the other teams. But last time I didn't even get to swim because Coach Alex picked someone else. But when the swimmer from that team gets a point, they progress to the next race. So every 3 races 2 teams gets eliminated for having the least points." He ended his explanation, also landing his attention at the announcer.

I was sort of still confused at everything he said, but just as long as I get to swim I guess that's all that matters.

"Attention, all 6 teams of Amphitrite High School." The announcer coughed, pulling out a small piece of paper out of his pocket. "The 2 eliminated teams are.." He took a slight pause to give the crowd an unnecessary suspense.

"We're for sure not gonna be eliminated." Trevor whispered to me, remaining a strong gaze at the announcer.

"The first eliminated team are, The SeaSnakes." The announcer declared, flipping his piece of paper over.

The first team eliminated would be The SeaSnakes, knowing they are arguably the worst team in this school.

"Okay, and finally the second team eliminated are, The Torpedoes." He finished, putting away his microphone as crowds in different parts of the gymnasium started to boo.

"That leaves our team, The Stingrays, The MakoSharks, and The Great White Sharks." Trevor let out a sinister smile, causing me to laugh to myself.

"Steven you're up!" Coach Alex exclaimed, gesturing for Steven to get up.

It felt like time went by so fast as Steven zipped across the other 5 boys, giving us a point.

"Max stop fooling around! It's you're turn boy!" Coach Alex continued.

"Fuck!" Max groaned. "Arielle if I win, you owe me a kiss." He winked, causing me to quickly roll my eyes at him. "And also a really good blow job." I immediately gagged.

Trevor's mouth widened at him. "Go die in a hole Max."

After moments of the whistle going off, a member from The Stingrays had already won before Max.

"Guess no nasty deed." I laughed, eyeing at Max who looked completely pissed off.

Abel was then next, sadly losing against Matthew from The Stingrays.

"The next two teams to be eliminated are The MakoSharks, and The Great White Sharks." The man announced, causing my team to let out a small celebration.

Coach Alex gestured us into a team circle with a serious facial expression. "Whoever is gonna be picked, I want the three of you to bring it all you got? Alright? We're not gonna fall into them and let them win. I'm serious." Coach Alex sighed, breaking up the team circle to look at who's next. "Trevor you're up." He announced.

"Oh my god!" I cheered, giving Trevor a quick hug.

"Shit." He sighed, returning back my hug, then walking to the pool.

"Attention, the remaining 2 teams left. This will be the final three swimming points to get. The TigerShark's points are 3, sharing a tie with The Stingrays." The man declared, raising his hand up, placing the whistle inside his mouth.

The swimmer for The Stingrays ended up to be Cashmere, which sort of made me sad knowing that he's my friend too.

They then got ready, patiently waiting for the whistle to go off.

The second the whistle blew, Trevor was already underneath the water, swimming fast like the fabulous flamboyant dolphin that he is. Cashmere was past him by an inch, starting to worry me if Trevor could do it.

Suddenly Trevor's head popped up, then Cashmere, making our team completely go crazy!

Trevor threw his towel over his body as he got off the pool, running towards me like a penguin.

"I DID IT!" He exclaimed, hugging me tightly. "I FUCKING DID IT! HOLY CRAP!" He laughed loudly, breaking off our hug as the other team members greeted him with other hugs and handshakes.

"Braxton, boy you're up." Coach Alex announced.

Braxton vs a boy named Justin from The Stingrays ended with a tie. Resulting into more suspense for the next and last swimming race.

"Diego, Caleb, And Dalton, forgive me but I won't pick any of you guys for this last one. I can't risk it." Coach Alex coughed, looking down at a piece of paper. "Arielle you."

My mouth completely dropped as my eyes widened in shock. What. The. Hell.

Diego, Caleb, and Dalton didn't even seem bothered by this, instead, relieved.

"Wait Coach? Why me?" I queried, uncomfortably shuffling my fingers together.

"Just go." Coach commanded, followed by a loud announcement from the man.

"Swimmer from The TigerSharks, please be present at the pool." The man declared.

The pressure of losing is horrible. They can all simply blame me for it. As my head completely started to feel dizzy, a strong grip snapped me back to reality.

"Arielle I believe in you. You can do it." Levi's hazel gaze met mine as I sighed.

I glanced at Levi and then back at the coach as I awkwardly stood up off the bench to walk towards the pool. God please help me.

I finally reached the pool, insanely curious to whom I was gonna go up against.

"Xavier?" My eyes widened.

REMEMBER TO COMMENT AND VOTE!
ATTENTION! I know there's probably going to be people that might say something like, "Um that's not how Swim Meets work." Or "They don't do that in Swim Meets." Keep in mind that this story is fictional, so if some parts of this story make the sport sound different than it is in real life, it is because I've decided to make it that way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.2K 3K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
1.7K 85 33
Book 2 of Unrequited: Air and Sea. Arie is now officially starting school. Everything is overwhelming him - the squad is demanding, his classes are i...
11.7M 422K 64
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult Unwelcoming teammates. A more-than-friendly swim coach. A swim captain who wants her off the team before she even st...
Ember Rose By René

Teen Fiction

404K 10.1K 43
"Chase is really hot. Mum, he's honestly beautiful, but we despise each other" _ Everyone seems to know who I am but I don't think thats a good thin...