Let's Call it Love

By Avirose

Meeting 'The Perfection' was a dream come true for many people, mostly fanatical girls. Scarlette happened to... More

Dedication
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 1 The Race
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 2 The Mother
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 3 The Scarves
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 4 Meeting Up & Homework
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 6 Coffee and Cookies
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 7 Teddy Bear & Dance
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 8 Welcome Back
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 9 The Unexpected Outing
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 10 Getting Ready
Let's Call It Love: Bonus Chapter 1
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 11 Root Beer Bottles and Good Friends
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 12 Party and Alvin&Nobody
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 13 Bad News & Sleepover
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 14 Rey & Birthday
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 15 Lying, Partying, and Riley
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 16 Planning
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 17 Sleepover and Switching Places
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 18 Crazy&Fun Date
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 19 Beach Trip
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 20 Surprise Attack
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 21 Homecoming
Let's Call It Love:Chapter 22 Mysterious Admirer
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 23 Didn't Prevail
Let's Call it Love: Chapter 24: Two Twits and Two Kisses
Let's Call it Love:Chapter 25 Friendship and Time Apart

Let's Call it Love:Chapter 5 The Search

754 11 3
By Avirose

Let's Call It Love

Chapter 5

The Search

We arrived there shortly, driving slowly. We were greeted by a middle aged guy who took over the car and drove it somewhere.

"Sir, your mother is here," he informed him.

He nodded happily and smiled. Perhaps his mother is very nice like him.

"Come on, I'll show you around," he said and grabbed my clammy hand, dragging me into the big house.

We were greeted, by the looks of it, maids. They always bowed. We reached a hallway, and he opened one of the doors. The door revealed a very spacious room.

"This is the study room; we'll be here later," he gestured at the tables.

I nodded and looked at the blank hallway. Then I saw a guy in a black suit coming towards us. I think it was the same guy we saw when we got out of the car.

He reached us already and stopped when he was close to Dalton. "Your mom wishes to see you," he told us.

We followed behind him as he led us to another large, spacious room. In the middle were sofas and chairs that looked very comfortable. There was a lady's head showing in my view. It's probably Dalton's mother.

She turned around to look at us. Her expression was very lovely. Her smile lighted up the whole room. She gently gestured us to sit down.

I sat down in one of the chairs properly. I don't want to give a bad first impression on her. I gave her a light smile and she returned it.

"My Dalton! How have you been?" she asked him. Dalton bent down as his mother kissed his head and ruffled his hair lightly.

"I've been good. How have you been?" he asked her.

"Been good too, seeing as your happy," she replied.

Dalton's mother has a very sweet and gentle voice. She looks very nice. She had a braid on her hair like a teenager and she still looks very young. She was wearing a scarlet long skirt that went lower than her knees and a white shiny button up shirt; I think a silk shirt on top of a scarlet vest that went up to her stomach. She was wearing a pearl necklace and earrings.

She gestured at me. "And who may this lovely lady be?" She asked Dalton.

He went over to me and sat in the arm holder, and he put one arm around me, awkwardly. "This is my friend Scarlette Gwendolyn Wright," he introduced me.

Don't make a fool of yourself. I nodded my head once and smiled nervously.

"But you can call me Scar. Nice to meet you Mrs. Ryne," I said.

"Nice to meet you too, Scar," she said.

He took off his arm around me and put it in his lap. "Well mom, I'm going to study with her, you know, school work," he said as he lightly dragged me away from his mother.

"Bye Mrs. Ryne!" I waved to her before leaving her sight.

We were in the same hallway before I knew it. He opened the door again revealing the study room.

"Your mother is a lovely lady," I told him.

"Yup ha," he replied.

We both entered, and he closed the door. He gestured to come to the chairs and the table. I took off my bagpack and laid it on the table. I sat down on the left seat while he sat in right seat.

I got out my binder and my notebook where I wrote what I knew about him. I opened it up.

"Go do other homework I guess?" I asked him. He nodded in agreement. He got his stuff out and started on other homework.

I decided I was going to add his features in here. Good thing he was sitting next to me. I got my pencil out, ready to describe him.

I stared at him. He has dark brown hair and had some slight wavy perm; it looked so cute! It really fits his heart shaped face. He has a light skin tone, he has dimples in his cheeks that is so adorably cute. He has chocolate brown eyes that fits his hair. And the smile he gives, it gives a glow to his whole face. His lips are perfectly shaped. I wrote all of that down while staring at him. I wrote the exact same words I thought in my mind in to this notebook.

He stared at me in confusion. I stopped staring at him and just started to draw on my notebook covering the describing part so he doesn't see it. He continued to stare at me like that.

"Hey Scar! Look at the bug over there!" he pointed at the door. I looked that way and got my arms off the notebook giving him the chance to take it.

I looked at the wall. No bug at all. I quickly looked at the table. He snatched my notebook and started reading it while running away from me.

"Hey give that back!" I told him as I chased him.

"No! I'm still reading it!" he replied.

He ran off the room and into the hallways. I still saw him, his eyes never taking off from the notebook. He stopped dead in his tracks and read more. I catches up to him and snatched it away and placed it in between my arms.

"You're too late, I already saw what you put," he said.

I groaned, "Really?"

"You really think my hair and my eyes fit me? And my dimples are adorably cute? And that my smile gives my whole face a glow?" he teased me.

I felt my face turning warm. I'm assuming I'm blushing right now.

"Er, am I suppose to answer that?" I asked him.

"Not really but I really want to know what your thinking about me," he said smiling his smile.

"Fine, maybe," I murmured.

We were now close to the place where I met his mother. I saw her still sitting there looking at us smiling widely.

He pointed and laughed at me. "How cute," he teased.

I chased him. "Come back here!" I shouted at him.

"Not until you catch me first!" he said running.

And soon he was out of my sight. I ran to another hallway and another. My footsteps made stomping in the ground. I decided to walk backwards. Then I bumped into something hard.

The thing fell and so did I. I heard a humph when we both dropped. I realized it was Dalton. He was on the right side facing my face while I'm on the left side facing his face. I felt like I was blushing.

"You're as hard as a rock," I complimented him.

He laughed at my comment. "And your soft as a pillow," he complimented me.

He stood up first and held his hand out for me. I grabbed it and stood up after him. We both laughed. Our laughter harmonized with each other. We both decided to work on our homework and go back.

"That's rubbish! How can I be as soft as I pillow?" I asked him in disbelief.

He shrugged happily. "I don't know but it's possible because I'm talking to a human pillow at the moment," he teased.

I stuck my tongue out at him childish-like. He did the same.

"I'm talking to a human rock!" I told him.

"Am not a human rock!" he pointed out.

We got in the room soon and sat back down in the chairs. We both decided that we want to continue the little interview.

"Your favorite drink?" He asked me.

"Water," I answered. He stared at me in disbelief.

"Nothing else?" He asked.

"Nope. And what's your favorite drink?" I asked him.

"I like Coke."

I wrote it down. We fling more questions to each other and found ourself enjoying each others answers laughing happily and smiling a lot.

An hour later I knew I had a lot of other homework to do so I told him if we can do other homework. He agreed and now we are just doing other work.

I looked at a math problem feeling dizzy. I yawned tiredly. I let go of my pencil and dropped everything else on the table. I heard Dalton yawn too. He dropped everything on the table and laid his head on his work. His head was facing me.

He closed his eyes and smiled unknowingly showing his left dimple for a quick second. How cute. I yawned again now laiding my head in my work as I began to be more drowsy and drowsier by the minute.

My vision began to blur a bit and pretty much soon I saw twinkly lights. Soon I dozed off like Dalton.

. . .

I then heard a little snap and quiet footsteps on the floor and the door slamming. I raised my head a bit and checked the wall clock. It's 8:30 pm. I came around 4 pm.

"Oh crap!" I whispered to myself. I got curfew at 9:15 pm.

I got out paper from my binder and wrote him a note. I wrote, "Hey Dalton, we felt asleep but I got to go! My curfew is around 9:15 and it's around 8:30 but when you get this it's probably going to be later than that! See you tomorrow at school!

P.S. Sweet dreams ^_^ Bye!"

I put the note under his pencil, careful not to wake him up. I got my things and left the study room closing the door silently.

I saw the same guy that took his car. That's a good thing because I didn't know my way yet.

"Sir, can you tell me where I can exit?" I asked him.

"Follow me," he said as he began walking.

I walked behind him silently. I went to the living room; well that's what I call it. I saw Dalton's mother.

"Thank you Mrs. Ryne," I thanked her a bowed a little.

"Your welcome sweetie, let me give you a ride home, it's late." she said and smiled that bright smile.

I nodded and I got driven home. I saw my bike in front of my house, as I placed it back in the garage.

It was already dark so it was kind of hard to see, but it's still okay. The fresh air met my skin and gave me goosebumps. I got home in a few minutes putting my bike at the garage. I opened the door that led to the kitchen. I put my hand and twisted the knob. I already smelt good food.

I closed the door quietly. "Hey mom," I greeted her, "I was at a classmate's house. We had to do homework together."

"Ah who? Mikaela?" she asked me.

"No, someone else. What did you cook today?" I asked her.

"Mac & Cheese. Your brother wanted it."

"Can I have some?" I asked her.

I grabbed a plate and got some Mac & Cheese. I sat at the kitchen table and ate quietly. I finished and put my dish in the sink. I headed upstairs to my room.

I took off my scarf and placed it at my nightstand. A lot of things happened in just one day. I really wonder if my days in Eon High would be this eventful everyday. That'd be fun.

I changed into my pajama's, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. Agh. I totally forgot why I came there in the first place.

I quickly got out of the bathroom and went on my laptop. I went on Google and typed "Dalton Calvin Ryne".

A lot of things popped up, like pictures of them. I got a website and clicked on it.

It showed a picture of Dalton. It said in the bottom, "Dalton playing the piano in Chase Tristan Palmer Birthday."

"Dalton Calvin Ryne is one of the people in the Perfection. Perfection only has three members. It is Chase Tristan Palmer, Dalton Calvin Ryne, and Jace Skyler Brooks. They are a group popular around girls in middle school and high school.

It was heard that their parents made them meet in purpose in Pre-school. Their dad's used to be the Perfection and now the title was passed on to the three. Their families adds a very big part in business today."

So Dalton is one of the Perfection. I see, so I guess people chase him around because of that. I scrolled down to see the word notice. It said, *NOTICE* in big red letters.

"The Perfection had a race to see who will go to Eon High or not. Chase Palmer won in first place while Dalton Ryne in second and last, but not least, Jace Brooks. It was said that whoever won didn't have to go to Eon High while the two that didn't make it had to. But it turns out today that Chase did indeed go to school with the rest of the Perfection. We wonder what the reason is?"

And then it ended like that. I closed off the window and closed the laptop. I put it to the side and flew myself in my bed. I put half of my body under the covers feeling that it is cold.

I put both of my arms in the back of my head and smiled. Was I dreaming or did he really saw what I thought about his features? I feel so stupid thinking about this. I giggled quietly at myself. What was that snap that I heard when I just woke up? And the footsteps? Door?

Spending almost my full day with Dalton felt nice. I imagine him in my head smiling showing his dimple. He looks so adorable with those dimples and his hair. I would just love to mess it up.

I decided to give up on my thoughts about him. I wanted to see if my brother is sleeping already or not. I tiptoed to his room being quiet so my mom doesn't hear me. I opened his door quietly, not making much sound. I saw a light on his blanket. I know he's still awake.

I tackled him in his bed as he squirmed around trying to break free. The blanket was now off his head and I could see he was shocked.

I laughed at him. "Why you not sleeping yet?" I asked him.

He shrugged, "I don't feel like sleeping yet."

"Kiddo, you have school tomorrow. Go to sleep or I'll take your game away," I warned him.

He nodded and put the game in his nightstand. He went under the covers again. I took off the cover that covered his face. I bend down a bit and reached for his cheek. I squished it lightly and he groaned slapping my hand away.

"I have an adorable little brother," I said.

"I have an annoying big sister," he said and rolled his eyes.

"Thank you," I smiled at him and ruffled his hair.

Every time I do ruffle his hair, he always fixes it. It makes me laugh.

"Stop bothering me!" he shouted at me.

"Fine but go to sleep," I told him.

He nodded and closed his eyes. I decided to take my leave. I got out of his room and went to the kitchen to get some water. I got there and poured myself some water and drank it in the spot.

The water felt good in my stomach and I also felt very refreshed. I went back to my room and went on my bed.

Who knew I would meet someone like Dalton? It was quite unexpected but it seems that reality is better than my dreams, for now anyways. I massaged my jaw. Who knew smiling a lot can hurt?

I haven't smiled like this in a while. I should really sleep now. It's getting late. And thinking about him, I slept.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3 0 1
Scarlette's life is far from perfect; having had a miserable past, she chooses to come over to New York to start all over again. she feels it's time...
1.4M 51.4K 40
Scarlett Everwood isn't necessarily your average 17-year-old girl, but she's managed to get by. After a year of pulling herself back together, she's...
178K 6.7K 32
***COMPLETED*** Sky's home life was a little piece of hell on earth. She often had to fight past the pain, but she always found a way to become stron...
669K 10.6K 36
Scarlett is in love, well atleast she thinks she's inlove with Cole, the perfect guy. Is he really perfect? is anybody really perfect? Their relation...