Finding You (Dublin Sisters #...

By hayatkhan07

She was tested. Battered. And Bruised. He was her saviour. He was her only hope for survival, happiness... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15: Part I
Chapter 15: Part II
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26: Part I
Chapter 26: Part II
Chapter 26: Part III
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
Questions and Answers
Final Author Note

Chapter 18

17.2K 1.4K 248
By hayatkhan07

Content Warning: Strong language

Fadil

I was exhausted. For the last one week, I had been working day and night on this event. All day I had been running around organizing and managing the event. This year's winter fair was much grander than any we had worked on. Many companies had come together to make it into a mega affair. And from the looks of it, it was definitely a success. Families with young children were laughing, young couples were strolling hand in hand, and groups of college friends were just enjoying themselves. I smiled as observing the scenes around me. At least, my tiredness disappeared knowing hard work had paid off.

I turned to the food stalls when a familiar face smiled at me.

"Salaam Fadil such a great event" Maha grinned. She was accompanied by a couple of her friends.

"Walaikum salaam, I am glad you are enjoying yourself."

"Why don't you join us, we were hunting for something nice to eat?" she proposed hopefully.

I shook my head, "May be later. I still have a lot to do here. You enjoy yourself ok?"

"Can we meet up next weekend?" she asked with pleading eyes.

She never gives up does she, I sighed, "I will let you know Maha."

She nodded, disappointment written all over her face. I had to move away from there. She always made me feel bad of the way I treated her. I was doing my best being honest with her.

I strode off when I met one of the site marketing heads and we started discussing the course of actions we had to take for the next day as the crowd expected to grow the following day. As I was talking to him, from the corner of my eyes I noticed Salman with his sister and cousin. I hurriedly completed the talk and trotted to Salman.

"Salaam brother", I said approaching him extending my hand.

"Walaikum salaam, hey nice event. It was fun" shaking my hand firmly.

"I am glad you enjoyed. So where you off to now?"

"I am tired. I had been busy at work for the last week and I need rest so going back home."

I frowned, "Come on man, that early?"

"oh no, we have been here for more than two hours." He pointed out at his female companions, "those two have dragged me to nearly all the stalls here."

"Salman Bhai it wasn't that bad. You enjoyed as well." Nawal scrunched her nose and crossed her arms over her chest.

Salman grinned, "Yes until you decided you want to try out all those games and didn't even win a single tiny toy."

Nawal narrowed her eyes, putting her hands on her waist, "I will get even with you for revealing such things."

Salman chuckled "I'd like to see you do that." he winked.

I had never seen Salman like this. It almost seems he was flirting with her. Interesting, so this is the mystery lady he had mentioned on Fahd's wedding.

"Enough you two, I am sure Fadil Bhai is getting bored because of your bickering," Manal said sternly looking at my apologetically.

I laughed, "no no its ok Manal. This was quite entertaining and.....enlightening." that made Salman playful expression change abruptly and he gave me a warning look.

I back slapped Salman and whispered in his ear, "don't worry your secret is safe with me." This made Salman's ears turn pink... he was blushing. Now that was a sight to see.

Salman quickly changed the topic, "oh, by the way, we saw Fahd and Ramlah a while back."

"You did?" I asked astonished. Why didn't Fahd call me letting me know he was coming?

"Yes, they were enjoying themselves." Nawal thought out loud, for some reason it was unsettling to hear this.

"umm..good.. Where exactly you last saw them? I might as well catch up to them." I enquired nonchalantly.

"They went that way" Salman pointed out to the spirit section. I was enraged why Fahd would take Ramlah there. That was not a place for her. What was wrong with my brother?

I quickly bid them farewell and rushed to the spirits section, but I was stopped at least four times by different staff members or organizers enquiring different problems. It took me nearly half an hour when I finally made it. I scanned around the stalls, but there was no sign of them. Instead again I bumped into someone else.

"Hey, bro long time! Haven't seen you in ages?"

Liam came forward and extended his hand. Liam was one of my friends from my college days. He was into all kinds of crazy stuff. As I glanced his way and shook his hand I realized he was still the same. He was a slightly drunk with a pint of beer in his hand. I stepped away from him avoiding to get any of the alcoholic drink splashings on me.

"Nothing much mate. Just busy at work and life in general."

"Why don't you ever show up anymore?" Liam asked.

"Don't get time to party anymore."

"Well, its good to see you mate. Let's go for a pint."

"No thanks. I don't drink."

"Oh ya! I forgot! You and your religious values." He sneered.

I moved away from Liam before he suggested any other obscenity and looked around for Fahd instead I spotted Usama. I am sure he had some inclination to Fahd's whereabouts. He was leaning on the stall counter and tossing down his beer.

"Where's Fahd?" I asked him standing in front of him.

He was definitely tipsy, his head snapped my way, but he didn't understand what I had just said to him. I grabbed the collar of his jacket with my both hands and shook him, "USAMA WHERE IS FAHD?"

His unfocused gaze moved along my face, he mumbled some incoherent words. The only thing I could make out from his nonsense clutter of words was 'dance floor'. Blood drained from my face, could it be what he was implying.

I pushed Usama to the counter and ran hard to the dance floor. This time, I didn't bother to stop if anyone called me. When I reached the dance floor what I saw shocked me. I was rooted to the ground. Fahd had taken Ramlah to the dance floor and was forcing her to dance with him. The dance floor was crowded. Bodies were rubbing together. Ramlah had a helpless expression and Fahd seemed to be groping her waist trying her to move with the music. She was trying her best to get away from his grip, but her efforts were futile. He was stronger than her.

This was too much. I couldn't stand it anymore. I stormed towards them and grabbed Fahd's arm and dragged him from the dance floor. Since he was holding Ramlah she was dragged along. I didn't care anymore that he was my older brother. I was done for. Enough was enough.

"F-f-fadil what are you doing? What's your problem?"

He tried to fight me off but I was stronger than him and he was little intoxicated. I had a death grip on his arm as I marched to the quiet corner. Well not quiet but, at least, less crowded. I released his arm and swung around.

With vicious eyes, I barked, "MY PROBLEM? YOU ARE ASKING MY PROBLEM? Look what are YOU doing!!" I pointed my finger at him.

He looked puzzled. "Me? What did I do?" he was slightly swinging. My jaw clenched, how much did he drink?

"Why did you take Ramlah to the dance floor?"

He was taken aback by the question and scowled. "That's none of your business."

"Fahd you cannot disrespect your wife like this. Would you expect Dad to bring Mom to that?" I pointed to the dance floor with disgust.

"No" his brows creased in bewilderment.

"Then why did you bring her?" my gaze flickered to Ramlah, she was standing behind Fahd leaning by the wall of one of the stalls. Her eyes clenched shut. She looked defeated. Her body was trembling. I felt devastated and right now I wanted to give Fahd the bashing he deserved. Why was he testing her patience? She will break or take a stand against him. Either way, it would be too late for him to fix his relationship.

"Look Fadil. This is none of your concern. What I do with my wife is my f***ing business. You stay out of it. And why are you being a damn hypocrite. Wasn't it YOU who told me to stop going out alone after I got married. So when I want to have fun I didn't go out alone but brought my wife here. So what's the big deal."

"Yes enjoy your time here, the decent fun. Fahd this is not the kind of fun you should be doing with your wife. If you want to dance with her do it privately not in a damn crowded dance floor where other men are feeling her as well." I reasoned. I know I was being harsh, but I had to say it to make my point clear.

His eyes bulged and he stepped closer to me, "why the F*** do you care where I take her? Don't you think you have been meddling in my marriage a little too much."

I wasn't backing away, I stepped closer as well we were just inches away, "She is part of the family now and deserves respect"

"She is married to me. I am her family. You" he pointed his finger at my chest "brother are related to ME. Not my wife. She comes after me." he spat.

That made me quiet. I didn't know how to respond. But I continued to stare at him. Both of us glared at each other ready to pounce, but I wasn't going to be physical. Fahd wasn't in his senses right now.

"Why are you suddenly becoming so protective of her? Exactly what relationship you have with my wife? Have you got feelings for her? Is that it?" he smacked my shoulder, "Well brother let me tell you something. STAY. THE. F***. AWAY. FROM. MY. WIFE! I will f***ing do as I please with her. You have no F***ing right to say anything in this." he pushed me again, but I didn't budge.

"You have got it wrong Fahd I am only looking after you and her." I fisted my hands trying to control the urge to hit him back.

"I am not a child and I definitely don't want my F***ing YOUNGER brother looking after my wife," he said through gritted teeth. He swung his arm to punch me, but I blocked his fist with my hand and pushed him. He stumbled back a couple of steps.

He knew then I was stronger and I saw fear in his eyes. He whirled around grabbed an astonished Ramlah's wrist and stormed away. Ramlah turned around once as she was dragged and our eyes clashed. Something in those eyes moved me. What was it? Admiration? Respect? I wasn't able to understand.

I punched the wall. Breathing heavily, I leaned against the wall, closing my eyes and blocking my ears from the horrendous music from the dance floor. He was right. He was absolutely right. I cannot tell him how to treat his wife even when he is wrong. Why did I continue to make sure she was alright? I should stop. She was not mine. She never will be. What he does with her is his business. There was only one solution to this problem. I had to make the decision that I had been prolonging for too long.

Fahd and his drinking... landing into dance floor... tsk tsk.. poor Ramlah yet again. So it seems the brothers fought over Ramlah. What are your thoughts on it? Who was right? Fahd or Fadil? and what could be the decision Fadil is about to make?

Eagerly waiting for your votes and comments

Until next time,

Assalam u Alaikum warahamatullahi WaBarakatuhu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 145K 78
She was abandoned on her wedding day. The groom disappeared. There were accusations. Her honour was at stake. Her family was to be ruined. One m...
4.9K 561 17
Marwa Kafeel has a strict routine. She wakes up, goes to work, then to her classes at University. She returns home to cook for her grandmother and st...
138K 11.9K 75
COMPLETED✔️ ✔️ Prince Abdul Karim Tawfiq Abdul Malik. Future King of the UAE. His father made history loving and marrying one woman. He'd make histo...
95 3 8
Zahra and Hamza. Hamza and Zahra. It was no simple task for their names to be heard side by side. For their story was a complicated one. A sorrowful...