Bad For Me

By will_always_stay

All throughout her childhood Kelsey has been known as Jason's little sister. She's also been known for being... More

Bad For Me
chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 17

4.8K 75 8
By will_always_stay

I woke up the next morning remembering everything from last night's events. I smiled to myself and turned to see that Spencer was sound asleep next to me. I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head against his chest, kissing him lightly. I felt him stir beneath me and press his lips to my head.

"How on earth did you wake up to that?" I asked, propping myself on my elbows.

He chuckled and ran a hand through his already messy hair. "Good morning to you too, princess." He said, kissing my cheek.

"Good morning," I said grinning. "Seriously though, how did you wake up?" I asked incredulously.

He shrugged, smirking. "I was already awake. I just wanted to wait till you woke up to get out of bed." He said, rolling off the bed and slipping his boxers on.

I wrapped the sheets around my body and looked at him as he walked to the bathroom. "Do they give extra toothbrushes here?" Spencer mumbled.

I laughed and slipped my tank top and underwear back on before going into the bathroom. I went in and went through my bag full of toiletries and handed him a brand new toothbrush. He raised an eyebrow as he took it. "Knowing everyone I thought someone would need a toothbrush in case they forgot it or dropped it in the toilet knowing Jason." I shrugged.

"And that is exactly why I love you." He said, pecking my cheek and turning to the sink.

I laughed and rolled my eyes, trying to squeeze near the sink with Spencer to brush my teeth. When I finished fighting him off trying to just spit some toothpaste out I went to get the menu for room service. I went through the options and groaned.

"Can we go to the buffet instead?" I asked Spencer. He was concentrating on his phone and completely oblivious to his surroundings. "Hello, earth to Spence?" I said, waving my hands in front of his face.

"It's 11:30; the buffet is closed from 11 to 1, then they serve lunch."

"Ugh," I groaned. "What do you want from the menu?"

"Do you have your laptop with you?" He asked.

I furrowed my brow. "Yeah, it's in my bag." I said.

He quickly stood up and went into the bedroom, searching for it. "Which bag?" He shouted.

"The black on by the nightstand!"

"Got it!" He said, coming back with my Mac in his hands. He quickly turned it on and drummed his fingers on the table.

I looked at him worriedly. "Spencer, what's going on?"

"I'm not sure just yet." He said, cracking his fingers.

I dragged a chair next to his and watched my computer start up. I quickly typed in my password and he opened up Safari on it. I saw him type the address for the news and I furrowed my brow again, nibbling on my lip. "What hap-"

I stopped talking when I saw the title, "Local teen killed in a car accident." in bold print.

"Kelsey," Spencer said slowly. "Are you okay?" He asked.

I blinked rapidly and tried to snap myself out of it. This was a dream; it had to be. The teenager in the picture was Tyler. "H-he was just... how?" I asked. I couldn't say I was happy he died; he was just a kid. Yeah, he did a shitty thing but I would never wish death upon him.

I felt Spencer squeeze my hand as he scrolled through the article. "Apparently he was speeding down a curve and there were rock walls on both sides. While he was turning a corner he lost control of the car and went over the medium, crashing into the wall. He died on impact." Spencer said softly.

I felt tears pinch the back of my eyes and I shut my eyes, taking a deep breath. "Are you okay?" He asked, brushing my hair back.

I nodded my head. "I um, I'll be back." I mumbled, pushing my chair back.

"Kelsey, I really don't think that's a good idea."

I smiled softly and kissed his cheek. "I'm fine; I just need some breath air." I said.

He looked at me and reluctantly let go of my hand, watching me grab my room key and step outside.

Spencer's POV

"What the hell do you mean it was an 'accident' Ricky? Accidents don't happen." I snarled into the phone.

"I mean just that Spencer. It was an accident. We're all human beings, we make mistakes. Get the fuck over it and accept it." Ricky snapped.

"Wanna say that again?" I said in a low voice.

I heard a sigh over the line. "No, look all I'm saying that this doesn't mean anything. Just because he got into an accident doesn't mean it'll happen to you or your girl."

"I just want to take precaution." I said in a calmer tone.

"And you think bringing men over to Miami for three days is going to help?"

"I think it's better to be safe than sorry."

"Listen, I doubt the boss will go for it. I'll try and see but I wouldn't worry about it. Like I said; mistakes happen. I did what you told me to do and there seemed to be no interference at all with his car."

I rubbed my face and fell back onto the couch. "Ricky, take care of this problem."

"To be honest man, I don't know what the problem is. He wasn't even from our gang. He wasn't even in a gang! We checked him!"

"The problem, you dipshit, is that Tyler mysteriously stumbled into our lives. He got close to Kelsey fast and dated her after the first time I fucked up. He makes his first mistake which is raping her. Then he makes the second mistake of being careless enough to get caught. I beat his ass, send him home for Kelsey's sake, and then my dirty work is done for me and he's dead.

"Now you're telling me, there is no coincidence in this situation at all? You're telling me that you don't think someone forced him into doing what he did and the second he messed up he got killed for it?"

"You sound paranoid."

"I'm taking all the precautions necessary." I snarled. "Now do me a favor and do as I told you so."

"How am I supposed to convince the boss?" He said in an annoyed tone.

"Listen to me, and listen to me well. I may have only just started but you and I both know just how high up I'm ranked, correct?" I said. I heard a mumble and I rolled my eyes. "Correct?" I said in a harsher tone.

I heard a sigh. "Correct."

"That means fuck whatever the old prick says. Don't tell him, do as I say, and I'll defend your pathetic ass. I'm not afraid of him and to be honest; neither should you. Now I won't hold that against you; you're notorious for being a pussy. But what I will hold against you is a gun to your head if you don't do what you're being told. Understood?" I spat venomously

"Yeah, I understand."

"Good, now get to work." I said.

"Now what exactly do you want?"

I rolled my eyes and tugged on my hair. "Get men down here, do more research on Tyler; that includes family and friends, and tell me when you find something. Trust me when I say you better pray to God that you find something."

"I don't understand why you're digging into this. The bastard is dead; he left your girl alone. What more do you want?"

"I want answers, and I want them now." I said before ending the phone call. I shut my eyes and tried gathering my thoughts.

I heard someone clear their throat and saw Jason leaning against the doorway. "You have a minute to explain what the hell that was about." He said firmly. "And don't feed me any bullshit. I heard all of it."

God damn it; don't I ever get a fucking break?

~~~

"So let me get this straight," Jason said, standing up and pacing around the room. "Your dad abandoned you, making a deal that if you don't try to communicate with him or your mom he will pay for the house, food, and your car; but he won't cover normal expenses like clothes and shit. Right?"

"Yeah." I said.

"So then you decide that instead of getting a job like a normal person, you'd join a gang instead?" I nodded my head and he continued. "Now this isn't just some ordinary gang, oh no, you decide to join the gang that's at the top of the gang food chain?" He shouts incredulously.

"Gang food chain?" I asked with an amused smirk.

"Shut the fuck up!" He said annoyed. "And then, you decide to get involved with my baby sister?"

"Well actually, I was involved with your sister before."

"So help me God Spencer, I'm going to kick your ass if you don't stop with these little comments."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a beer. "You are aware of the fact that I could kill you with my bare hands, right?" He glared at me and I sighed, taking a swig from my beer. "I'm just saying."

"And I'm just saying that you either break up with Kelsey or get out of this mess."

"Well, it's not that easy."

"And why the hell not?" He barked.

"To get out, you have to kill the leader. Now when you kill the leader you automatically become the head honcho. It's said that you can quit once you're the leader but the chances of me making a clean escape are slim to none. Either someone is going to want revenge for the shit I've put them through or I will literally not be able to quit unless you want a war to break out." I said.

"This is bullshit! I'm serious Spencer, I have been cool with you guys dating but this is a matter of life and death. My little sister's rapist, ex-boyfriend died last night and you think he's a part of this gang shit! How will I know that she'll be safe?" He shouted.

"I'll handle it!"

"How are you going to manage that? By getting men in guns to parade around the hotel? I don't think so! You either quit or you break up with her."

"I can't break up with her." I said seriously.

"Why not? You've done it before. Come on Spencer, everyone knows you're not the type to settle down. Why not rip the band-aid off now and just break up with her for once and for all?" Jason said.

"I love her." I said, standing up and looking him in the eyes. "And I'll be damned if I let you convince me to break up with her for 'her sake' when you and I both know it'll do shit. She's stubborn and she won't give up without a fight.

"For fuck's sake it'll be a miracle if she even lets me break up with her. But you and I both know that she's safer with me than on her own. I can protect her and show her how to protect herself!"

"How Spencer? By taking her to a shooting range and saying it's a date? You're secretly going to train her for defense?" Jason asked incredulously.

I stopped my bottle from reaching my mouth and snapped my fingers. "That's a great idea. She won't even know what's happening! If someone were to try and attack her she could defend herself well enough to get to safety."

He stared at me and slapped me behind the head. "Are you even listening to me right now? Do you know how much of a bad idea that is?"

"It's a great idea! It'll be kind of like a head-fake. She thinks we're having fun and really she'll be learning defense mechanisms."

"You're talking about her like she's some soldier you're training!"

"Look Jason, I get that I fucked up. But right now, all I care about is Kelsey's safety. Now if it means that I have to lie to her about some things then it'll be worth it because at least I'll know she'll be breathing the next day." I said.

"Man, this isn't a good idea. You're going to get yourself killed."

"If she's breathing what does it matter?" I asked, my patience wearing thin.

"Look, I just don't want anyone getting hurt. You dug yourself into this hole; you have to get yourself out. I just don't want to see my best friend or sister get hurt. This is serious shit Spencer."

"I know it's serious! Believe me when I say that I'm afraid that one minute I'll be holding Kelsey in my arms and the next she'll be holding me, crying because I'm dead. I know I dug myself into some deep shit. I was mad at my father and I was desperate for some money. I'm a spoiled little brat who's always had money available.

"What did you expect from me?"

"For you to think with your damn head!" Jason shouted.

"It's like you don't even know me." I said in a tone of disapproval. In a matter of seconds Jason had grabbed me by my shirt and pinned me against the wall, his face red from anger. "All right, relax and let me go." I said in a bored tone.

"This isn't a fucking joke man! You two could die just from your stupidity!" He said, slamming me even harder against the wall. "Why the hell should Kelsey suffer because of something you've done?" Jason shouted.

I sighed and pushed him off of me, smoothing my shirt off. "I understand it's not a joke. I just need you to trust me and not give anything away. It wouldn't hurt to get you to learn how to use a gun either." I mumbled.

"You're saying it as if it were like learning how to drive."

"What do you want me to do? Do you want me to be vulnerable and let you guys get hurt because of some stupid mistake I made? I can't live with that guilt! I would rather die a hundred times than see anything happen to the two of you? Why? Because you're the closest thing I have to family! Hell, you are family! I don't see you as my best friend man, I see you as my brother.

"And as my brother I really need you to back me up on this and just trust me. Have faith that I will keep Kelsey safe and if they try and go after you, I'll keep you guy safe too!"

Jason sighed and rubbed his face. "Come on man, I need you to get through this. Just trust me." I said.

He looked at me and nodded his head. "I'm with you." He said, offering his hand. We clapped hands and hugged. "Just please keep her safe man. I can't imagine losing her."

I took a deep breath and nodded my head. "Trust me when I say I'd honestly take a bullet for her."

He pursed his lips and thought for a moment. "You know, the crazy thing is; she would too."

Kelsey's POV

I had walked around the hotel trying to collect my thoughts. It felt impossible considering the fact that I had just found out my ex-boyfriend is dead.

I sighed as I stepped into the elevator, going back to my room. I just need a nice shower and that day at the spa I had planned with Hayley and Joanna.

When the elevator stopped on my floor, I quickly got out and made my way to my door. I opened it and before I called Spencer's name, I heard him say, "Trust me when I say I'd honestly take a bullet for her."

A couple of seconds later I heard Jason say, "You know, the crazy thing is; she would too."

I furrowed my brow and peered around the wall. I saw the two of them looking stressed. I started to walk backwards when my ringtone went off in my pocket. I stumbled and fell back on my butt, causing my phone to fall out of my hands and slide over the floor to Spencer's feet.

"Hey babe," I said sheepishly. He crossed his arms over his chest and gave me an amused smile. "Hope I didn't interrupt."

"Why would you think that?" He asked, raising his brow.

"Why the hell are you on the floor?" Jason asked, furrowing his brow.

"Why the hell are you in my room?" I challenged.

"Well, someone is a little snooty after finding out her rapist ex-boyfriend died in a car crash." Jason mumbled. "I'll see you two later." He said once he reached the door.

Spencer helped me up and pecked my cheek. "How you feeling?"

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him. "Why would you take a bullet for me?"

"What?"

"I heard you and Jason talking and you said you'd take a bullet for me."

"What else did you hear?" He asked.

"Just that..." I said. "Why?"

"Just wondering. Are you hungry? We should go get some food." Spencer said, pushing me towards the door.

"Spencer what aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing! Jason was just giving me a hard time because I let the fact that we had sex slip. That's all."

I narrowed my eyes at him and he just smiled. "You're lying."

"No I'm not." He said indignantly.

"Say it or your balls are about to be kicked." I threatened.

"End sex for us, or believe me when I say Jason was giving me a hard time." He said, weighing each option with his hands.

"I'm not a nymphomaniac."

"But you are straight."

"You're not the only guy I find attractive." I challenged.

"You're not scaring me." He said with a smirk.

"Oh sweetie," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Cup check." I said as I kneed him in the balls. He groaned and I laughed, remembering the first time we had this incident was on my couch.

"Right, so the truth." He groaned out, falling onto the floor.

~~~

"Are you fucking insane? Do you want to get yourself killed?" I shrieked.

"I wasn't thinking! Believe me when I say I'm saturated with all the scolding! Jason just yelled at me the entire time you were out."

"Clearly he's the one with the brains in the friendship!"

"Okay, you and I know very well that out of the two of us I'm the one with the brains."

"That's debatable." I spat.

"What do you want from me Kelsey? I was desperate!"

"If you needed money you could've always gotten a job!"

"Baby, it's me. When have I ever done things the right way?" He asked flatly.

I glared at him and slapped the back of his head. "You idiot! Do you know in how much shit you are in?"

"I get it!" He shouted in frustration. "Just hop off my dick for a minute!"

I let out a sarcastic laugh and placed my hand over my chest. "Oh sweetheart, I wasn't planning on hopping on it anytime soon thanks to your lovely job."

"Really? You were planning on not sleeping with me as a form of punishment?" I stared at him flatly and he held his hands up in surrender. "I'm just saying baby girl; I doubt you'd be able to keep away from this."

"Spencer, I'm not joking. This is serious." I said.

He sighed and rubbed his face. He stood up and wrapped his arms around me. "Trust me when I say we'll be okay."

"You can't promise that." I said into his chest.

"I can sure as hell try my hardest."

I smiled softly and cupped his cheek. "Spence, you need to get the hell out of that gang."

"It's easier said than done." He mumbled.

"I'll help you."

"I'm not getting you involved Kelsey. If anything were to happen to you I'd never forgive myself."

"Well it's a good thing you said you'd protect me. Look, you said it yourself, training me is the only solution. That way you don't have to worry about my safety as well."

He shook his head and looked down at me. "Just because you'd know how to defend yourself doesn't mean I won't worry about you. I love you baby girl, I'll always be worried about you."

"And I love you, so I'll be willing to help."

"Kelsey this isn't call of duty; this is the real thing. If you get shot, you're hurt; maybe even dead. I can't have you getting in the middle of things!"

"I'm not some useless little girl Spencer! I can help you! I'm not going to break if I get hurt." I snapped.

"But you could die!" He shouted, his face turning red. "God damn it Kelsey, just listen to me! I'm doing this to help you! I don't want you involved in this."

"You just said you'd be willing to train me!"

"I take it back!"

"Spencer fucking Adams!" I shouted in frustration. "Stop being such a dick and realize that you need my help!"

"I'm not putting you in danger's way!"

"Then I'll train myself!"

"You're going to learn things the wrong way." He said flatly.

"Then get over yourself and let me help you!"

"Fine, you want to learn how to defend yourself? Then let's go. But I'm not going to take it easy on you." He said.

"I've always loved a challenge." I said.

~~~

"I can't breathe!" I shouted, putting my hands on my knees and doubling over.

"You said you loved a challenge. Now go! Left hook, right hook, upper cut, jab." He demanded.

"Spencer, it's been two hours!"

"I kept going for five."

"Well I'm not a psycho!" I shouted.

Spencer sighed and wrapped his arms around the punching bag. "I'm sorry."

"You should be, you asshole!" I said, kicking him the proper way that he showed me.

"Ow, Jesus you picked that up fast." He said, rubbing his ribcage.

I pushed my sweat filled hair out of my face. I felt disgusting and exhausted. "What else can I do?"

"Crunches," He said. "Start with a set of fifty."

"What are crunches going to do?"

"Having a stronger core will help you."

I sighed and dropped onto the mat on the floor. "You're killing me."

"I'd rather be killing you with workouts than having someone actually hurt you." He said flatly.

"We're going to get through this." I said, looking up at him as I held my arms behind my head.

"I hope so." He mumbled. I leaned up and placed a kiss on his lips. He wrinkled his nose and laughed. "You taste like salt."

"It's all the sweat baby." I said, falling back onto the matt and starting my crunches.

"Want to do that with your shirt off?" He asked with a wink.

"Want another knee to your balls?" I asked, raising a brow at him.

"I'll go get the weights." He said, grinning down at me.

I laughed and continued my workouts, thinking about how we're going to get through this. I was definitely scared but if I'm with Spencer then I know everything is going to be all right. I trust him and he should trust me. That's what love is about, right? Having trust in one another throughout all those trials and tribulations... I just hope Spencer is as good of a fighter and gunman as he says he is.

And I really hope I learn how to shoot a gun without screaming like a little girl and falling back. But hey, everything takes time. Unfortunately, time isn't exactly on our side at the moment. Just my luck.

..........................................................................................................

So at first I wasn''t really sure if I wanted the story to go in this direction just because I felt like it turned out like complete and total shit but at the end of the day it's all I had and it's already been six days so I decided to just post for you guys.

I really really really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and will comment and vote on the story! I love you all!xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 1.3K 58
Alison moved to a new town as her father got a new job, simultaneously, she decided to hide her dark past, starting a new chapter of her complicated...
214K 9.7K 40
Seventeen year-old Jade Levinson lives in her own shattered and lonely world where she tends to forget herself. She, above all the people, knows what...
1.8K 98 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
5K 662 38
You all know the bad boy good girl story, you don't know the one where a cliché story turns into a brutal murder mystery. Luke's parents have had eno...