The Hunter's Queen (ICS Book...

By winterstarfire

Vincent Shaw is defeated, half-dead, and broken in more ways than one. A powerful werewolf now in exile Vince... More

Author's Note
Encyclopedia of the Supernatural
Prologue
Chapter One - The Hunter's Savior
Chapter Two - The Alchemist Saves The Wolf
Chapter Three - The Hunter Awakens
Chapter Four - Nicholas Storm
Chapter Five - Sleeping Arrangements
Chapter Six - Pleasure at the Hunter's Command
Chapter Seven - The Wolf Feels Regret
Chapter Eight - Temper's Flare
Chapter Nine - Fighting the Pull
Chapter Ten - Giving in to Temptation
Chapter Eleven - Taking the Pleasure
Chapter Twelve - Scheming Mystic's
Chapter Thirteen - Nicholas Tracks Down a Witch
Chapter Fourteen - The Wolf and the Alchemist Converse
Chapter Fifteen - How to Pleasure a Wolf
Chapter Sixteen - The Hunter Meets His Past
Chapter Seventeen - The Wolf Wakes
Chapter Eighteen - Nicholas and Betrayal
Chapter Nineteen - The Hunter's Mistake
Chapter Twenty - The Past Burns
Chapter Twenty-One - Sleeping With a Wolf
Chapter Twenty-Two - The Alchemist's Pleasure
Chapter Twenty-Three - Evelyn the Wolf Rider
Chapter Twenty-Four - The Hunter's Claim
Chapter Twenty-Five - Nicholas Reaches the Edge
Chapter Twenty-Six - The Best Day Ever
Chapter Twenty-Seven - The Hunter's a Big Tease
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Nicholas Finally Gets His Way
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Her New Best Day Ever
Chapter Thirty - His Worst Day Ever
Chapter Thirty-One - Evelyn the Meek is Dead
Chapter Thirty-Three - Scheming Mystic's
Chapter Thirty-Four - The Pack
Chapter Thirty-Five - Submission
Chapter Thirty-Six - Nicholas the Death Bringer
Chapter Thirty-Seven - A Revelation
Chapter Thirty-Eight - The Ascended
Chapter Thirty-Nine - The Face of True Madness
Chapter Forty - Redemption
Chapter Forty-One - A King Among Wolves
Chapter Forty-Two - The Hunter's Queen - End
The Mercenaries Dark Desires - Book Three Excerpt
Bonus Chapter - A Very Wolfy Christmas

Chapter Thirty-Two - The Demon Kings Revenge

83K 3.8K 1K
By winterstarfire

AN: I'm loving the comments and theories! I can't believe how into this story you guys are, it's so exciting! I wrote the end of this chapter listening to the song, Alive by Sia. So epic!

The Demon Kings Revenge

The Tower, Castle of the Demon King

Vincent gritted his teeth as Nicholas sliced the blade over his bare chest. Blood dripped from various knife wounds along his torso and arms, the arrow bolt still embedded in his shoulder.

The blade sliced again, down his collarbone, searing his skin like fire. Vincent tugged at the chains around his wrists, knowing it was useless. The steel was enchanted against him, not only could the chains not be broken but they cut off his connection to Evelyn.

He couldn't feel his mate. That alone was torture.

Miss her.

His eyes darted, quickly taking in his surroundings. They had taken him to a dark circular tower with windows all around and high ceilings. A fire was lit in the single hearth, dozens of candles flickering ominously around him. He'd been forced to his knees on the stone floor at the center, his blood running down his chest.

Nicholas attacked again, slashing above his right eye over his nose and down to his jaw. Vincent didn't make a sound, glaring up at the mercenary.

The bastards were going to mutilate him before they killed him.

Nicholas smirked sadistically as he tossed his blade casually in his hand. "Not going to scream? That's admirable."

Vincent spat blood on the floor before responding coldly, "I wouldn't give you the satisfaction."

Nicholas leaned down close, pressing his blade against Vincent's throat. "We'll see."

"That's enough," the Demon King ordered softly. He stood off to the shadows, watching with silent fury. Vincent could tell the demon beserker was fighting not to turn and rip his throat out.

"I'm just getting started," Nicholas stated.

Sebastian approached him, his face hard and serious. "I have my own plans for the dog."

Vincent grinned, knowing he must look insane with his blooded face. "Give it your best shot, demon."

Sebastian snarled, landing a hard blow to Vincent's jaw. Vincent grunted, nearly knocked over by the force of it. He sat up straighter and gave Sebastian a look of pure hatred. Sebastian growled before grabbing the arrow in his shoulder and twisting.

Vincent barely bit back a roar of agony.

Don't let them see the pain.

Sebastian laughed. "That hurt didn't it?" He twisted it again, the pain excruciating as it shot down his arm and chest.

"Fuck you!" Vincent shouted as Sebastian continued to dig and twist the arrow in his shoulder.

There came a loud howl directly outside the door.

A werewolf.

All three of them turned to the door as shouts rang out. He could hear the clear signs of a struggle. The werewolf roared, the sound so loud it shook the stone beneath Vincent's knees.

Then all was quiet.

The door to his torture chamber opened suddenly. Vincent stared in shocked horror as a bloody Evelyn was shoved inside by the spectral demon Jasper. He had an arrow sticking out of his arm. He ripped it out, tossing it aside. His good hand wrapped around Eve's wrists, tugging her forward.

Eve struggled against the demon, dragging her feet. "He's bleeding, let me help him! Stephan!"

"The wolf will be taken care of," Jasper said, tightening his hold.

Eve snarled, "No! You can't just leave him like that!"

Vincent's breath left him. "Evelyn..." His wolf snarled, clawing to be free.

No, she can't be here!

As soon as she saw him Eve cried out and tried to run to him. "Vincent!"

"Stop," Jasper ordered, yanking her back.

"Let me go, damn it!" she yelled, kicking her feet. "Vincent, I'm so sorry. It's all my fault. If I hadn't interfered-"

Vincent cut her off, giving her a soft look. "Don't. It's not your fault, love."

Sebastian stepped between them. "Who is this? And what happened to you?" the king demanded.

"She shot me," Jasper replied, a hint of amusement in his voice. "Didn't even see her coming. She attacked the castle with another werewolf."

Vincent tried to school his features as his heart hammered like a drum. Another werewolf? And his Evelyn had actually shot the demon! Part of him wanted to run to her, to clasp her to his chest and never let her go. The other part wanted to shake and bellow at the girl for being so foolish.

He surveyed her quickly, trying not to seem obvious. Despite the blood she didn't appear harmed, but she wasn't the same. Her face was strained and hard as she fought against the demons hold. Her glasses crooked on her nose but it was her eyes that hit him straight in the gut. Her normally soft silver eyes were cold and detached.

Evelyn looked as if she could kill.

Nicholas approached Eve, cupping her chin. Vincent fought back the urge to yell at the other man for touching her. "She's Vincent's woman, as far as I could tell."

Sebastian raised a brow, looking between Vincent and Eve. "Is that so?"

Vincent somehow managed to keep his voice flat as he replied, "She isn't a part of this. Let her be."

"Obviously she is, or she wouldn't be here," Sebastian said, cocking his head at Eve.

"She's his mate," Nicholas drawled, revealing the mark on her neck.

Sebastian appeared generally surprised. "Really?"

"Shut up!" Vincent sneered. "Just let her go."

Sebastian ignored him, "Doesn't really seem your type."

"What the fuck would you know of it?" Vincent snapped.

"Aside from you kidnapping my mate?" Sebastian asked darkly. "I know you seek a strong queen, one of influence."

"That doesn't matter now," Vincent said. "None of that matters to me now."

Sebastian hesitated, glancing between the two of them again.

"Please, just let him go," Evelyn pleaded. "It doesn't have to be this way."

"You came here for him, female?" Sebastian asked. "Were you trying to save him?"

Evelyn's eyes narrowed. "Yes."

Nicholas laughed while Sebastian stood solemn and quiet. "That is a shame," the Demon King finally spoke softly. "Get her out of here."

"No!" Eve shouted. "I'm not leaving! Let him go!"

"What the hell is going on here!?"

All of them froze as Victoria's voice rang though the room. She stood just inside the door, her hands planted firmly on her hips as she glared at each man in turn. Her time as the Demon King's mate seemed to suite her. Victoria's dark brown eyes had taken on a strange glow, her chocolate colored hair elegantly styled and adored with golden jewelry.

She's with child.

Vincent's eye's focused on the small bump of the elven queen's belly.

"What is going on?" Victoria demanded. "There are hurt guards and a half dead werewolf outside."

"Victoria." Sebastian raised his hands. "This had to be done."

Victoria pointed a damning finger at Vincent. "Why is he here? And what have you done to this poor girl?"

"She came to rescue me," Vincent stated roughly. If there was anyone that would take pity on Eve it would be Victoria.

Beg if you must! Protect her.

Victoria frowned. "And why would she do that?"

"She loves me," Vincent admitted.

Victoria's dark brown eyes widened. "What?"

"She's mine. My mate." Vincent raised his chin. "She's innocent and they wish to cause her harm."

Sebastian protested, "We had no intention of harming this girl."

Vincent snorted. "Really? Is that why your mercenary hit her over the head so hard it knocked her out?" He nearly spat the words. "You burned her home to the ground just for knowing me."

Victoria looked in horrified shock at Eve and then to Nicholas. "You didn't..."

Nicholas didn't respond.

Pursing her lips Victoria stormed over to Nicholas and slapped him hard across the face. "You son of bitch! You had no right!" Victoria slapped him again. Nicholas winced but made no attempt to stop her or move away.

"Victoria, stop this," Sebastian pleaded, gripping her shoulders.

She shook him off roughly. "How dare you!" Victoria's face had turned red with anger, her body shaking. "Is this why Nicholas has been away all this time? You kept this from me?"

"It has to be done," Nicholas interjected. "Vincent is evil, Tori."

Victoria scoffed, "Have you looked in the mirror, Nick?"

The mercenary winced. "Don't. Not after what he did to you."

"He wasn't himself!" Evelyn shouted. "It was the shadowlock."

"What?" Victoria asked.

"It's a poison. It's how Gabriel controls the Legion. It was driving him mad," Evelyn explained.

Victoria turned to face Vincent. "Is this true?"

He gave her a hard look. "Aye, some of it."

"But not all of it," Victoria confirmed. "After all you did to me, to my father." She shook her head. "You threatened to rape me."

Vincent said nothing, his face stone. He couldn't take back what he'd done.

The elven queen gave Vincent a hard glare. "I despise you Vincent Shaw. You deserve to suffer for what you did. But killing you won't fix what was done."

"Fuck this. Nicholas!" Sebastian all but roared, his golden eyes glowing with rage. Without hesitation Nicholas grabbed Victoria's arms, holding them behind her back.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Victoria screeched.

"I'm sorry, Tori, but I'm with my king on this," Nicholas said quietly.

"I'm ending it. Now," Sebastian stated firmly. He pulled his sword and approached Vincent, his face hard with intent. Vincent glared right back, refusing to look away.

Eve gasped. "No, don't. Please!" She was crying now. The sight tore at Vincent's heart. He couldn't escape from this. He was going to die here, in front of the woman he loved.

Vincent looked at Eve apologetically. "I'm sorry, little mate."

Eve shook her head, tears spilling down her cheeks. "Please..."

"I suggest you look away," Sebastian informed her gravely. "Lower your head Vincent and I'll make this quick. No harm will come to your mate."

Vincent gave the demon one more hate filled glare before looking back at Evelyn. His eyes roamed over her face, her smooth skin and pink cheeks, her soft hair gently caressing her face and spilling down her back. Her big silver eyes locked onto his, full of love. He smiled, committing her to memory. If he was going to burn in hell, he wanted this vision to carry with him.

His wolf roared with anger and desperation. 

No, don't leave her!

Resolved he bowed his head, waiting for the final blow.

"Sebastian, don't!" Victoria cried out.

Vincent took a deep breath and shut his eyes.

"NO!" Eve shouted.

The windows shattered, littering the room. Vincent's head shot up as the room began to quake and darken, shadows dancing along the walls and floor.

"What is this?" Sebastian asked, his sword raised.

"Let him go," a disembodied female voice ordered.

Vincent turned his head and gaped in shock at Eve. She was floating several feet off the ground. Her hair billowed about her body and across her face as she stared at the men before her. Her eyes were completely black and full of rage.

What the fuck was happening?

"She's a mystic!" Sebastian bellowed. He turned demonic, his body increasing in size. His skin turned a deep shade of blue, his black claws elongating. "Jasper, get Victoria out of here!"

Jasper moved to obey.

"No," Eve snarled.

The spectral demon was sent hurling backward, slamming into the stone wall. He grunted, fighting against an invisible force. "Can't turn."

Nicholas raised his sword, preparing to strike.

Vincent's heart stopped, Nicholas would kill Evelyn! "No, don't!" he roared, jumping to his feet.

A bolt of lightning shot across the room, faster than any of them could react to. It hit Nicholas in the chest. The mercenary's body went flying into the ceiling. He smashed against a wooden beam, crashing to the ground. With a snarl he rolled back to his feet and advanced, only to be struck again. The bolt hit him with such force it sent him flying out the window.

"Nick!" Victoria screamed.

The Demon King roared, leaping across the room towards Evelyn. His wolf reacted with a violent need to protect. Vincent moved fast, slamming his shoulder into the demon's chest. The two of them collided with a bone crushing force, sliding backward along the stone floor.

The chains dug into his wrists as he landed on them hard, drawing blood. Shaking his head, Vincent struggled back to his feet. Sebastian's claws flashed, slicing down his chest.

Shit!

Evelyn howled with rage. The room shook, stone crumbled. Black smoke began to fill the room, swirling around them as wind wiped with ferocity. The roof blew away, the walls of the tower breaking apart under the vortex of wind and smoke.

Victoria stumbled to the door, hanging onto the handle to keep herself steady. "Sebastian!"

Sebastian fought against the wind, reaching the elven queen and shielding her with his massive body. "Victoria, hang on! Stop this now, mystic."

Eve's black eyes widened as she stared up at the sky. Tears streamed down her cheeks, her hair whipped around her body. Lightning struck behind her, illuminating her pale face and black eyes.

Her eyes were empty.

She was gone.

Vincent struggled to reach her, the wind tearing into his wounds. His feet slid on stone with each step as he fought to get closer. "Evelyn," he bellowed over the thundering wind, "stop this now!"

Levina appeared suddenly beside him with another woman. Vincent didn't recognize the stranger but he knew immediately she was a mystic. Her white dress and silver eyes were a dead give away. Long blonde hair so light it was nearly white hung in a thick braid, so long it would easily reach the floor, blowing behind her in the wind.

"Evelyn!" Levina shouted to her niece. "Come back!"

"Levina, stop her," Vincent yelled.

Levina shook her head. "She's too far gone."

"No, she's not," the other mystic shouted. The stranger turned to Vincent, holding her arm up against the beating wind. Her silver eyes peered right into his soul. "Call to her, wolf."

His chains fell to the floor.

Evelyn's being flowed into him, her emotions nearly crippling him with their intensity. Pure rage, anguish, desperation.

Then darkness. So much darkness.

"Evelyn!"

Her eyes blinked. "Vincent?"

Fighting the wind Vincent finally reached her, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Stop, Evelyn."

"They were going to kill you," she snarled. "I'll destroy them all!"

"Let me be the one." He leaned his head against her stomach, letting the need for his Evelyn flow into her. "You don't have to be this. Let me be the one to protect you."

"Vincent..." She wept and began to descend. As soon as her feet hit the ground Jasper fell to the floor. The smoke evaporated and the wind ceased. Eve wrapped her hands around his waist and cried into his chest. "I don't know what's happening."

"It's alright, Evelyn." Vincent swallowed. "I've got you."

"Vincent," Eve whimpered against his chest. "Something is wrong with me," then she went limp against him.

"Evelyn." Vincent dropped to his knees as Eve buckled, holding her tight. "Evelyn!"

AN: Evelyn's a mystic! Bet you didn't see that coming! *evil laugh* 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 13.3K 49
Mature: 18+ He kisses along her neck, between her breasts, and down her stomach. "You look beautiful like this. Your tight, pink p***y stretched arou...
3M 136K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
705K 41.7K 103
Evelyn is the Alpha's fated mate, and the red mark on the back of her hand is the proof. Captured by the human government as a child, Evelyn was rai...
85.1K 2.7K 41
They both have broken pasts that used to shine with the love they felt, now though now it is different the only thing they feel is pain, sadness, and...