Skye's the Limit |Book 1 In '...

By _Skyes_are_blue_

Teenage Skye had been through a lot in her life. Bad fosters homes to homelessness with only one skill keepin... More

Prologue/Introduction: Special
Chapter 1; Hooded Hero
Chapter 3: I Meet the Team
Chapter 4; I Understand Shield
Chapter 5; I Get a Physical
Chapter 6; The 084
Chapter 7: The Peru Police
Chapter 8; We Blow a Hole in Our Plane
Chapter 9; My SO
Chapter 10; A Mission
Chapter 11: Another 084?
Chapter 12: Ian Quinn
Chapter 13: I Didn't Do It
Chapter 14: Miles From Now
Chapter 15: Revealed
Chapter 16: The Truth
Chapter 17: Midnight Secrets and More
Chapter 18: The Hub
Chapter 19; Departure
Chapter 20: Bad Girl Shenanigans
Chapter 21: Yah, I Care About People
Chapter 22: A Friend
Chapter 23; Po
Chapter 24: Really Stupid Emotions
Chapter 25: The Similarity Between Myself and a Cherry Bomb
Chapter 26: I Kinda Hate May
Chapter 27: I Get to Play Dressup
Chapter 28: The Nerd Academy
Chapter 28: I Get to Smash Science
Chapter 29: My Roots
Chapter 30: Fitz's Undercover Gal Pal
Chapter 31: Contact Her Family
Chapter 32: Awake
Chapter 33: Werewolves of London
Chapter 34: I Really Like Office Chairs
Chapter 35: Ward is Being Stupid and Overprotective
Chapter 36: Inside Job
Chapter 37: Da' Noise
Chapter 38: The Traitor
Chapter 39: Threatened
Chapter 40: Alive No Longer
Chapter 41: Cordinates
Chapter 42: Agent Eric
Chapter 43: Together Again
Chapter 44: Hacking NSA
Chapter 45: The Diner
Chapter 46: Anger
Chapter 47: Home Again
Chapter 48: Undercover
Chapter 49: Frustrated
Chapter 50: The Takedown
Credit Song

Chapter 2: Crap I Just got Abducted

1.9K 60 9
By _Skyes_are_blue_

★★★★★

   "HI." I say to my... Mission? Case? Person I have been trailing for the past 48 hours? 

    He looks up confused. I don't blame him. He probably thought he was safe in this rundown crap of a diner.

    "What?" He asks.

    I lean forward slightly.

    "Pretend we're talking." I say and give a light fake chuckle.

    "We are. What do you want, kid?"

    "Well good... Cuz you never know who's listening." I reply ignoring the last part.

     I pray silently he ignores the fact that I AM ACTUALLY a kid.

   "I don't even know who is talking." He informs me.

     I give him a small smile and glance around making sure know one is listening.

    "Skye. That's who. And you're the 'Hooded Hero'. PLLEAASE tell me you're not staying with that?"

     He feigns surprise.

    "Look KID, I'm not- I'm a FACTORY worker." My Hero lies. WELL half lies. I did the research. He did work at a factory. 

    "YAH by day. I've seen you. You're a like for real superhero! Which is- OK I am not like a groupie or stalker or anything... But oh my God! That is so freaking cool!"

   I push my superhero fangirl side away, and ATTEMPT to keep calm.

   "OK." I say to myself. "Don't draw any attention to yourself."

   Mr. Superhero or whatever is just staring at me.

   "How old are you?" He asks dumbly.

   I wave the question off with a flick of my hand.

   "You are in danger." I tell him quietly.

   "Look... Kid, you've got the wrong guy!" He says exasperated.

       "No. You've got the wrong approach! The cute girl in the hospital is dying to thank you." I smirk at him and wiggle my eyebrows. "The clip of you saving her has got more hits since that puppy with vertigo. And you're HIDING  from this , and can't even find a job you like !" I gesture to the job ads on the table.

   He sighs.

   "What kind of danger?"

   "Shield."

    "Shield?Like I should carry a shield around?" He asks confused.

       "Shield Government.Big scary men in black suits. Go after people like you. They knew about the battle of New York BEFORE it even freaking happened. They cleaned it up before anyone knew what happened, OVERNIGHT, before anyone asked the right questions. How long do you think it will take for them to clean you up?"

   I can see my 'hero' silently starting to freak out. I don't blame him.

   "And-and you want to know why I'm hiding?"

     "But what if you didn't hide? What if you got in front of this? Let people see YOU, and what you can do! You're a hero!"

    He shakes his head. "I'm just a guy."

      "Guys like this have jobs. Get perks..." I shift slightly on my seat and look him in the eye. "I can help. I'm good with computers. Like weirdly awesome. I can help you create a new identity. Or... I dunno, a mask. A new identity. I can protect you."

   "Uhmm.. OK." He stutters.

   I sigh as he starts to gather his stuff.

    I stand up as he does.

    "Well you could.. Um, or... You could just stick with the hood."

     I yelp as I stumble into him. He lightly pushes me away, not realizing... I just stole his wallet.

     He starts to walk away.

      "You can't just walk away. With great power comes... A lot of freaky crap you are NOT ready for." I tell him.

      I catch up to him. I slip his ID out of his wallet and stick it in my pocket.

      "Now look my office..."

     "You have a office?" He asks astonished.

     I bump him playfully, slipping his wallet back.

      "Well yah. It's mobile, OK it's a van. So it's my home base." I ramble. "But it's in the alley around the corner. Free wifi 24/7... Stop by anytime."

    A familiar look of pity crosses his face.

    "Thank you." He walks away.

    "Bye! Remember they're coming for you..." I look at the ID "Mike."

★★★★★

    I go back to my van and searched Mike's name and scanned what came up. With all of his information on his ID, it will be easier to find information on him. Especially things I can blackmail him with, if needed. Hopefully not needed though.  Nothing to interesting. Then I saw something.

   "Ace." I mutter. "His son."

   Of COURSE. He WILL come to me now. Only a matter of time. To protect his son.

    I could send the information I know so far in, or I could wait for my new friend Mike to come and then hit the pot of gold.

★★★★

   Rising Tide has requested for me to do a mini anonymous podcast. And of course I'm doing it.

   I hook my mic and test it.

    I clear my throat and start to talk.

    It's  mostly prewritten. I think it's pretty dull. But hey I'm getting paid. And a lot of it is information that I think should be put out into the world. 

★★★★★

     I glance at the rest of the script.

     "How will you come at us? From the air? From the ground? How will you silence us this time?"

Blah blah blah blah. Ok I'm hungry now. 

    "You cannot find us! You will never stop Rising Tide. You will NEVER see our faces!"

       Ironically a huge bang followed by my van door being violently opened occurs. There stood a stiff younger man... And a smiling middle age dude.

     "What up?" I say casually though I could feel the colour drain from my face. Was this Rising Tide? The goverment? Third party I pissed off? 

     I scream as the younger dude yanks me roughly out. His grip is to tight on my shoulder. A rough black bag is forced over my head.

★★★★★

     When the bag is taken off my head I discover I was in a interrogation room of sorts... Also that my hands are cuffed to the table in front of me.

    "You guys are making a big mistake." I tell them looking up to the two men growling angrily. This was not good. This was not a good situation for me. 

    "Funny." Stiff says. "You don't look that big. Or that old...
How old are you?"

    "18." I tell them without hesitating.

    They do not react. 

     "Ward be nice." The smiley older one says. He looks at me. "Ward here has had some-ahh background with your group... Rising Tide."

    "What? Huh??? Umm well..." Feigning confusion. 

    "There are two ways we can do this." Ward informs me.

     "Oh is one of them the easy way?" I ask smirking.

     "No."

     "Oh."

      "Ward. She's just a kid." Smiley says. "What's your name?" He asks.

       I chew my lip.

     Should I tell them? I mean I don't have a last name, and I already cleared myself from existence.

    "Skye."

    Immediately I get "How about your real name?" From Mister stiff.

       I sent him a hurt look.

     "That can wait. We need a certain hero's name more then we need yours."

     "Yahhh how about no?"

★★★★

Edited 4/12/2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 446 13
Skye has just moved in with Phil and Melinda and is going to a new school. Skye is their new foster child and has a bit of sass. She is a junior at t...
1.4K 60 26
Rose spent two months in the Amazon with Druig, learning about her new powers that are known. Now back in the states it's been one month, and she's...
1.9K 104 7
The Agents of SHIELD have a new mission: bring Perseus Jackson into custody. But they're surprised to see that Percy isn't as bad as SHIELD made him...
7.8K 208 22
✅ approx. 184,000 words Genevieve James is a Level 8 operative working for the intelligence organisation S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Interventio...