Tore

De luxezone4

So we meet again ? Your closets are overflowing , mine are opening back up. We're both tore up thinking about... Mais

prelude | the breakdown
one | not today
two | on my way
four | you
five | love me, hate me
six | arise
seven | party's over.
eight | go figure
nine | high off you
ten | be eazy.
eleven | thinkin' bout you
twelve | optimal
thirteen | put it on the floor
fourteen | another heartbreak.
fifteen | long as you know
sixteen | remember me
seventeen | pressure
eighteen | white roses
nineteen | l u c k y
twenty | song for u
twenty-one | granted
twenty-two | don dada
twenty-three | surrender
twenty-four | sum real
twenty-five | urgency
twenty-six | true
twenty-seven | daddy's home

three |upscale

499 16 0
De luxezone4

Kaine

It's 5 o'clock in the morning..

My phone has been ringing for hours and I couldn't seem to find the energy to answer.

I answered, who ever this was—was going to get cussed the fuck out. Don't call my phone.

"What!" I heard sniffling, I removed the phone from my ear. It read, Leigh.

"Leigh?"

"Can you come get me and Noa?"

"From where?"

I sat up quickly.

"The Lucky 13, on Golden Gate."

"Why aren't you home?"

"I'll tell you later just..please."

I already put on my sweatshirt. It was actually raining in California and it was dreadful. I couldn't imagine her in the rain—cold.

"I'm on my way, Leigh."
--
Leigh

Who fucking knew it was going to rain? It never rains in California.

That's partially the reason why I left the east.

I thought that it would pass until I was walking and seemingly a dark cloud rose over me—and me only. Clearly it wasn't.

I could handle a little rain, but then a limo was speeding and a big puddle of dirty water ended my world.

I stood under what I could to cover Kamdyn but once those places closed it was back to walking and I didn't want him to be cold.

My hair is curling up and my clothes are sticking to me, while my shoes squeaked their little souls out.

I broke a heel while walking and I looked like a disco go-go dancer that got let go—and I've been looking for a job for the past 40 years.

My feet hurt, where is Kaine?

I knew I couldn't depend on him. I tried to call him and just my luck my phone was now off and I'm lonely in the dark. The streets are filled with winos and hookers—people never see this side of LA.

"Leigh! Get ya' ass over hea."

Only a matte silver fox Challenger with dazzling 44's was there.

The windows were tented therefore I continued walking. It stopped when I stopped, drove when I walked. Until finally Kaine appeared, "Why would you continue, if you knew that I was coming."

"My bad, I didn't know you were serious."

He straight faced me and revved up his engine, "Get in the car, now."

He's such a pushover. He got out of the car and immediately grabbed Noa from me,

"Give me the seat."

He settled him in.

"Where'd you learn that?"

"YouTube. You shouldn't have had him out there like that. You on drugs Leigh?"

"No! I just—just wanted to go for a walk to clear my head and I guess I walked too far."

My face was so flushed by this whole interaction.

"Want me to take you home or what?"

"Uh..yes. Please."

Why did I say yes? I had no damn home and clearly no sense either.

Hopefully, Kaine will not try to walk me up there and everything.

While driving we engaged in small talk.

"Wouldn't your girlfriend be mad that you're out this late?"

I would be, hell.

"If that's your way of asking if I have girlfriend. I have many 'girlfriends' but they don't live with me."

Same Kaine, he's still a womanizer after all of the drama back in the day.

"Where's your man?"

"He's back in New York."

Okay, maybe I did fib but I don't want to seem lonely. And I did live in Long Island for awhile.

"Oh? And what's his name?""

Consequently, we passed by an Andrew Milano. It's a dumb move, but I have to..

"His name is Andrew--Andrew Mil--Miller ."

He laughed, "That's nice. So, Noa Miller?"

I shook my head, no.

"Blackwell."

Pathetic.

"Hmph."

"What do you mean by that Kaine?"

Dumbass, had the nerve to chuckle,

"It's just that if I had a woman I liked or even loved, my woman sure as hell wouldn't be outchea' in LA by herself or with her child."

"That's nice." I retorted sarcastically.

It was actually shocking, Kaine was and still is a playboy though I haven't seen him since he graduated.

I knew him—the real him. He was great with words—but they didn't mean a thing.

Neither did that signature smile.

We were about to get on the exit to the hotel and I was getting anxious. There was nowhere near us for Noa and I to actually stay.

A random bum took my box and I had no clothes nor money left.

"How long you gon' keep up the charade?"

I rolled my eyes, "Boy, what charade?"

"Love, you don't stay at the Grand Fleur."

"Why do you say that? I wouldn't have told you to take me—"

"I called up the hotel to get a mailing address for you. So you could get your badge and I was also trying to send you your equipment, so you could get a head start."

Nosey.

"I'm caught now huh?"

"Quite frankly, you're lucky I live near the hotel. Therefore you're going to start your stay with me a bit early—only because I know you. The mall doesn't open until ten so we won't be at work until late."

I forgot that I didn't take the offer of being a live-in assistant but instead a general one.

"I don't want you buying me anything Kaine. And I only agreed to be your office assistant."

"It's all good. Think of it as a present or an apology gift. You and little man getting a whole wardrobe no matter what. You're getting a laptop, iPad and two phones."

"What do you do?" I asked flabbergasted.

What?

I never really asked. I just needed a good job.

"You ever heard of LUX?"

"Who hasn't?—"

He nodded, it finally clicked,

"That's you? You're the creator?"

"And CEO."

"Wow. That's great, I'm glad you went through with that. You always wanted to be a legend in the world of technology, even though you never liked to admit it—you loved computers more than I do. Though it took you longer to go on and pursue it."

He smiled, his smile was perfect. No, snap out of it. You still hate him. Yes, play nice for now because he's your new boss.

But it was true he taught me everything I knew about computers. Back in high school he used to pretend like he didn't know what he was doing.

"I don't wanna talk about it. But we're home."

Home? This was a freaking castle.

The spiral staircase and marble floors were mesmerizing.

I couldn't wait to see the kitchen. Don't even forget the Palm Trees.

"I just moved in and my moms started decorating. You're sleeping in the room next to me or with me because most of my rooms have paint drying and shit."

"Oh--oh. Uh, I'll sleep in the next room."

I had to catch myself from falling.

He looked at me weirdly, "Okay...cool. Follow me."

I followed him into the master bedroom—his bedroom was huge!

He handed me a face towel, washcloth,and big towel, gave me a pair of old basketball shorts and an old tee.

"You have a bathroom and stuff in your room. I ordered a bassinet and bottles, with baby shit, for you before you even said anything. If you need anything just come in and holla'. We have to wake up in—"

He checked his watch and sighed , taking a mental note I suppose,

"Two and a half hours. And you have to have my coffee and croissant ready. There's also tea for you, if you still like it with honey and lemon that's down there too. Also, some baby food and formula. And also have a suit out fa' me. I like my coffee—"

I remembered oddly at that moment how he liked it, "Four sugars, 3/4 cups of cream, and a little almond milk to cool it."

It tripped me out on how much we remembered. Our times together weren't too great but—

"Go get some sleep."

His hand grazed my lower back—watch it Mr.Cole.
--
Kaine

I felt something poking my cheek.

"Kaine.."

"Kaine, wake up."

"Mr.Cole get up!"

I popped up and Leigh's face appeared. Her long jet black hair was now in a messy bun and curly all while she was still in my clothes and makeup free. She was carrying a tray with my coffee, croissants, and fruit. The sun beamed through my ceiling's window and it shined through her eyes.

"Thank you Leigh."

"No problem. You're the boss, but um..I need clothes to go to the mall in."

I wasn't sure if her thick and lengthy frame would be able to fit my clothes. I'm significantly taller than her.

I got out of bed and walked into my closet. I grabbed; boxers, old but new looking Nike sweats, and a half-shirt I had from when I played ball.

"Shoes."

She had to be at least an 8 or 9 therefore she couldn't fit my size 15.

"I don't have any for you."

"All I have are broken heels Kaine!"

"Better turn them shits into flats until we get you some clothes. And not a warning, when we go to LUX don't call me by my fuckin' name."

I left her alone to wallow in her thoughts. I understood that she was upset about her situation and all but I really didn't have to take her in immediately and I could've dropped her ass off somewhere, and told her to find a way to work.

But did I?

No, because I used to actually care for that girl.

And I'm not on a guilt trip.
--
Omniscient

Leigh couldn't handle the stares directed towards Kaine and herself. Of course, as Kaine knew she would find a way to make her broken heels work. Leigh's face was clear and her hair was half up—half down. His muscular body was clad in an elegant suit while in her mind she looked like a bum.

"We're going to shop at Zara, Saks, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Gap, Jimmy Choo, Cartier, and Sephora. Lastly, Apple. Then we're going to get your hair done and whatever else you want you can get. Then we'll get to electronics."

"Don't we have—"

"Shh.."

She carried Noa in her arms tightly as he slept peacefully there. He hated his carrier.

Kaine's mind was cleared and focused on the task— there needed to be no questions asked.

"We'll be also hooking little man up with clothes, shoes, and a new carrier."

"Kaine, you.."

"Don't tell me that I don't have too. I want to. If you got it, he got it. We all got it if I got it."

Her stubbornness wasn't on his agenda and according to this agenda they'd be done by 2:30.

The first store—Zara.

"Hello, anything I can help you with Sir?"

Kaine didn't like the fact that she didn't acknowledge Leigh until he felt Leigh hiding behind him. He reached behind and grabbed her hand.

"It's for her actually—"

Leigh felt Kaine's eyes scan her body, "Everything she touches, sizes twelve to fourteen, ring it up. And whatever handbag and shoes etcetera."

Leigh's eyes nearly fell out of her head, "Kaine that's way too much. And it's a fourteen mister know-it-all."

"It's not enough, now go on. I'll wait."

"I have no choice do I ?"

Of course, she didn't.

Kaine was very persistent and he was going to give her the best—that's how he's always been.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

66.1K 2.1K 18
We were married yesterday and will divorce tomorrow because we didn't love each other today...
3.5K 152 23
ITS FINISHED EVERYONE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. I HOPE THIS STORY MEANS AS MUCH TO YOU AS IT DOES ME. (Please don't let the first chapter stop you...
Epiphany De † ♥

Ficção Adolescente

1.3M 45.7K 35
So, I think I’m just about over being your girlfriend.. I’m leaving, I’m leaving No more wondering what you’ve been doing Where you been sleeping.. I...
630 12 13
We've come a long way... no one can replace you.