The Vampire Diaries Fanfictio...

By QueenFanWriter

(All rights to L.J. Smith and VD producers) Zara Rose has been numb since her parents' car crash and her move... More

Chapter 1: Hell Has Frozen Over
Chapter 2: New Home, New Life
Chapter 3: Mystic Falls High....Oh What Joy.....
Chapter 4: They Came To Party, We Came To Get Answers
Chapter 5: Can I Take Your Order?
Chapter 6: Go Timberwolves!!!!
Chapter 7: Bloodloss
Chapter 8: Needles, Newspapers, and Ghosts Oh My!
Chapter 9: The Center of Attention
Questions and Answers
Chapter 10: Masquerade
Chapter 11: All Is Unveiled.....Sort Of
Chapter 12.5: End of Part 1 and Talk to the Characters
Chapter 13: Grillin' Up Something
Chapter 14: Table Talk
Chapter 15: Sisterly Love
Chapter 16: Anger is a Secondhand Emotion

Chapter 12: Save Me The Last Fry

1.3K 44 19
By QueenFanWriter

Matt drives me home in silence. It’s not awkward, in fact I wouldn't have it any other way. So many thoughts and emotions are running through my system that if I tried to carry on a conversation I would be speaking nothing but crazy talk. But hey, that’s all I’ve heard tonight. My head hurts from all this learning and exploring so I lean my head against the window.

 I wonder how Dora does it. Like, seriously, she goes on these explorations that require too much walking for my taste, she’s four years old, and she’s freaking bilingual.

I was never that accomplished  at four.

I’m not that accomplished at sixteen.

"Zara? You okay?"

You know, I hate when people ask me that, when obviously I’m not. My parents are dead. Zara, are you okay? I survive an animal attack.  Zara, are you okay?  I find out that vampires, witches, and werewolves exist and that some girl looks just like me.  Zara, are you okay? What do you expect me to say? Lie and say yes, or be honest but sound like a brat as I say no? God people, stop asking stupid questions! You know I’m not, so what is the point of asking? I look at him and say all I can think of. “What do you think?”

Oh god, that sounded brattier than no.

“I know that what happened tonight was bit much Zare, but you have to say something.”

He’s done it. The one person who hasn't set me off tonight, has set me off. I’ve done the best not to blow up in my date’s face, but I can’t do  it anymore. “I’m in shock. Okay? I said something.”

I put my face in my hand. Years of convincing myself that they were myths, legends, cliché Twilight crap Claire is oh so into. And that girl? Elena, was that her name? That was never explained to me. My new so called “friends” have much sharing to do with me. Is Preston hanging out with vampires? Has he been giving them blood? Ashton? Is he safe? My family is not safe. What is happening to me? I want my normal life back! Back in Grove Hill, Virginia, with my living parents and my drug free baby brother. A place where I never have to worry about anything supernatural, just if I can pass midterms and if I can find a way to go to the next party. I want to go back to Robert E. Lee High School, where I’m Zara, the cheerleader who makes decent grades and really only cares about her social life. Silly, carefree, secretly a geek, prepared to marry Alex Pettyfer on the spot, Zara Meghan Rose.

“Zara?” Matt calling my name again brings me half out of thought, the part of me trying to live in my past glues its feet to the ground. “Zare you’re crying.”

It takes only a touch to my cheeks to realize that I let myself lose control. I am quick to try to compose myself. “I’m fine.”

He tries to continue a conversation as if this was normal, as if this were just a normal day. “I’m sorry my original first date was a total bust.”

I wipe my eyes.  “Hey sometimes girls need to know they have to take home their drunk baby brother, other times they need to know about fiction becoming fact.”

He gives me a weak smile. “Well sadly the masquerade party has long since been done with, but we can still finish our date like normal human beans.” I laugh at his ‘The Borrowers’ reference.  “Look it’s not all that original, but it would be a way to finish our date...”

I push some hair behind my hair. “Matt you don’t have to...”

“Oh I do.”

We park at the girl and he jumps out of the truck, dragging me along with him. He acts like a true gentleman, opening the door and pulling out my chair, but the second he sits down he’s all, “YO RYAN!!!! GET US SOME FRIES AND SOME SOME BURGERS!!! I’LL LET YOU STARE JEALOUSLY AT MY SUPER SEXY DATE!!!”

I can’t help but laugh hysterically as Matt winks at me in a playfully seductive move and ushers Ryan with our dinner.  “A true gentleman you are.”

“And I’m sexy. It’s a win win.”

I have to bite a fry to keep me from falling to the floor laughing. “Totally.” Is the one word that can make it out, as the others are infected with a serious disease known as “the giggles.”

“AND WOULD IT KILL YOU TO GIVE US SOME DRINKS?! GOD, I KNOW YOU HATE HER BUT THERE’S NO REASON TO LET ME DIE OF DEHYDRATION!!!”

I laugh. “You’re ridiculous you know that?”

“That’s why you love me.”

I am jokingly taken aback. “Who said anything about ‘loving you?’ I’m just here for the rides and free food.”

“Is that so?” He questions me as he throws a fry in my face.

“Yes!” I declare before aiming one of my own at him, which magically lands in his waiting mouth. “Oh my god you’re a wizard!”

“I prefer the term god.”

We both laugh as a new voice enters the scene. “Having a fun are we?”

The voice is very British, and the scent of very expensive cologne fills my nose, and I know it isn’t Matt’s. I look up to see a man, light brown hair, blue eyes,  nice smile, as bit of  scruff with facial hair. Yet something to him is awfully familiar...

“Klaus.” Matt growls.

“Oh hello Matthew, how are you? I don’t believe I have met your new girlfriend.” He gives me a hand to shake. I take it and give him a smile that could fool anybody for warmth. “I’m Klaus Mikaelson.”

“Rose.” I say, trying to be friendly and funny. “Zara Rose.”

He smiles. “Looks like you have found the one Donovan.” He returns his attention to me. “When you get tired of him give me a call.”

I smile. “Thank you for the offer.”

“Have a nice night you two.” He says, and then he walks out of the restaurant gracefully.

“Who was that?”

Matt ignores my question. “Z, do you need a  doggie bag?”

I shake my head.

“Good, then let’s bail.”

We get up and leave, still with no explanation of what is going on. “Matt, who was that?” I ask as he helps me in the truck.

“Klaus, some guy. Don’t talk to him. He’s a bad guy. Trust me babe, he’s done some pretty nasty things.” The way he clenches his cute little jaw tells me to listen to Matt, yet at the same time something drives me to learn more about this Klaus, who seems to keep weighing on my mind like a lost memory. I have seen that man before, but where?

We later arrive at the house, and he walks me to the door. “I’m sorry about our cut in earlier-”

“Don’t apologize, it was still the best first date I have ever been on.”

“Well,” He smiles at me. “Goodnight Miss Rose.”

He starts to walk off, but I pull him back. “Wait.” I pull him into a kiss. “Can we have a second date?”

“Can we have a millionth date?”

I smile at his offer. “Sure.”

And with that we part ways. I come into the house smiling. I race over to my video gaming brother and give him a kiss on the forehead. “I love you sometimes kid.”

“What the hell get off of me!”

I smile. “I’ll take that as an ‘I love you too older, wise, beautiful sister.’” I head over to my uncle and hug him. “I’m turning in. I love you guys.”

I head upstairs into my room, replacing my dress and heels with pajamas and warm slippers. You know, this experience has made me learn to love and appreciate my family more. But don’t get me wrong, this is no chick flick with the voiceover that makes you think about how this never happens in real life. Nah, I’m too cool for that.

I relax on my bed and start to drift off, the cool breeze from the window hitting my skin as I snuggle underneath the cover. Then I sit up realizing something.

My window wasn’t open when I left.

And my bedroom door was locked.

_________________________________________

Your thoughts? Use the comments box, I wouldn't have bought you a comments box for nothing! I swear you all cannot have nice things! Sorry for the crappy chapter more coming soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.1K 372 36
As Klaus was coming to Mystic Falls for the thing he wanted most Elena Gilbert, the doppelgänger. The one thing that will unlock his curse to become...
9.4K 302 47
Based on season One of TVD... Four months after the tragic car accident that killed their parents, 17-year-old Elena and Ellie Gilbert and their 15-y...
23.8K 271 24
Evangeline Gilbert, Elena Gilbert's little sister and Jeremy Gilbert's twin. She's genius, beautiful, kind but also bad-ass. When the Gilbert's paren...
17.2K 387 15
Brooklyn Gilbert is the younger sister of Elena Gilbert, Just by 9 months. Her parents previously passed away in a car crash, leaving her and her two...