Hold on Tight (One Direction...

By 1Dfamilystuff

The story of Anna and Harry Styles, parents to Louis, Liam and Niall, and their journey to discover how diffe... More

Hey there!
Tiny Louis
Liam and Niall Styles
Sick Babies
Molly
Ed
New Styles Addition
Maybe I am (Part II)
Maybe I Am (Part III)
Maybe I Am (Part IV)
The Talk
Liam speaks up
You're not alone

Maybe I Am

1.5K 25 2
By 1Dfamilystuff

Double update!!!

Huge time skip now! This doesn't mean I won't write about early ages again, remember you can send in prompts and I'll do my best :)

Parts two and three of this one are already written, and I'll post them as soon as I get likes and comments :)

Thank you, enjoy!

Louis: 17

Ed: 17

Liam: 16

Niall: 13

Lucie: 4

Anna and Harry: 39

************************************

Louis knew the words by heart. He had to. He rehearsed the songs in his head one last time. He could already hear the public clapping and laughing at his classmates. He breathed in and out to calm his nerves, but he felt like throwing up. He had been rehearsing for this moment for months, every day, like a maniac. It wasn't only his favorite movie, now it was going to be his very first production.
He looked at the girls dressed in old-fashioned clothes, and at one specifically. Hannah looked beautiful. The girl had been hanging out with Louis' group lately, and they had become friends. She had long, blond hair and brown eyes.
Next to Hanna was Aiden. Aiden was the soccer team's goalkeeper (Louis was the captain) , and Louis' math tutor, since he was shit at math. And, of course, one of Louis' best friends. He also had a part in Grease. He was about to step on stage with Hanna and looked as terrified as Louis. The boys exchanged looks of support as the curtains opened and Louis lost sight of the two.
After some long agonizing minutes, it was Louis' turn to shine. He finally put on the leather jacket and stepped on stage.

********************

"DANNY ZUKO EVERYONE" Ed screamed. Louis raised his fifth beer in the air, and took a sip, making everyone in the room cheer loudly over the music. He felt so happy, so so happy. Too happy. The pictures of his parents and siblings looking at him with pride in their eyes, and the crowd cheering after his songs flashed in his mind. Liam actually was in the party, pissed drunk as well, and now sleeping in a sofa next to a couple making out. Although they only were one year apart, Liam had skipped sophomore year, and was now in Louis' year. They hung out in the same group of friends , and played in the same soccer team.

Ed was also in the party, still awake, unlike Liam. Louis was cramped in a sofa between Ed and Aiden. They were laughing about something Louis hadn't heard, but he started laughing too anyway.

"Louis Styles" he heard Aiden say after a few seconds quiet. Louis turned his head to look at Aiden, who was awfully serious. "You'll be famous one day, and I'll be able to say that I shared that first stage with you."

Louis was moved by his friend's words, and looked at him for a few seconds, trying to find an answer through the alcohol in his brain. He opened his mouth, but he wasn't fast enough. Hannah was standing in front of him, with her hand out for Louis.

"Let's dance Lou" she said. Before he could answer he was pushed towards her, and the two of them started dancing to the music.

Louis' head was spinning. He tried to look at Aiden, but the boy had his eyes on the beer between his hands. He looked at Hannah, whose cheeks were pink and eyes big. She was probably as drunk as him.

"Do you want to go upstairs?" She mumbled in his ear. Upstairs? Shouldn't they ask the owner of the house? Fuck, it was her house. He did want to go upstairs. Hannah was a very pretty girl. Louis knew that Liam fancied her, and  even Ed. He nodded as the girl started to pull his arm towards the stairs. Louis followed her, his mind blurry. People whistled around them. Aiden looked sad.

He was too focused on the girl's hand gripping his arm to hear a door opening, and soon he found himself laying on a bed with the girl on top of him. She leaned down and kissed his lips. Louis kissed her back. She tasted like beer.

They kept making out for a few minutes. It all fell a bit anticlimactic for the 17-year-old. He kept thinking and thinking. This is not what happens in the movies. He should not be drunk. He should actually like her. He should have answered Aiden's words. Aiden? Why the actual fuck was he thinking about him?

After a few minutes of discomfort, he realized a cold truth. Nothing was happening... down there. Even though he felt her hands first over his pants, and then under. Fuck. It was weird. So weird. He was starting to get his thoughts back, sobering up quickly. So was the girl, apparently.

"What the fuck, Louis" she hissed, and got off him. He heard the door closing and her footsteps down the stairs.

Louis was left alone, laying on the bed, with his clothes half off. He felt like crying. What was that. Or what wasn't. What had happened. What was wrong.

He picked himself up and fixed his shirt. He was too drunk, defiantly. That was not supposed to happen. But he could feel her hands all over his body, and it was so wrong.

He climbed down the stairs and headed for the main door, his car keys in his hand. It was only 3 a.m., but he was already done, so done with everything. He just needed to go home. He ignored all the voices congratulating him for the play and trying to get him to stay, to have another drink, and he left the house. Once he opened the door the cold hit him like a thousand bricks, and finished the process of sobering him up.

He was headed for his car when he heard a voice.

"Louis?" It was Aiden.

"What" Louis replied, dryly, stopping in his track.

"What happened, why are you leaving?" His voice was soft and sweet, like he could tell Louis was distressed.

"Nothing happened!" Louis exclaimed angrily, and turned around once more. He was not in the mood to think.

"You know, I really meant what I said back there." Oh, right. That. Louis felt his heartbeat slow a bit and stopped walking once more.

"And you have no idea how much I appreciate it." Louis whispered. Aiden walked closer to him.

"You can tell me what happened, you know." Louis was tearing up now.

"Nothing"

"I know it's not true. You are fucking crying mate, tell me. I'll drive you home."

Louis could indeed feel tears running down his face. It was wrong. Everything was wrong. Bad. Not good. Wrong.

"Nothing happened. That's the problem. Nothing fucking happened!" Louis yelled. It finally clicked in Aiden's head, or that's what Louis thought from the expression of pity that crossed the taller boy's face.

"Lou..." he said. It was so cold that Louis could see his breath in the air forming little clouds.

"Tell me what the fuck is wrong with me" Louis said, in a lower tone.

"Nothing" Aiden said. He was getting close. Too close. Aiden was taller than Louis, so he had to look up to see Aiden's beautiful blue eyes. Beautiful.  Why wasn't he bothered?

Another small step, and their chests were touching.

"Do you mind this?" Aiden said. Did he? He was so desperate to feel another hands on his body. Aiden had quite good hands. Wait what? And he also wanted to get rid of the taste of alcohol in his mouth. Maybe...

Louis shook his head and looked up. Before he could think, Aiden lowered his lips in a fast movement and kissed him. His second kiss of the night, that wasn't normal, right? he only should have had one. Aiden's, to be exact. This was calm, sweet and not rushed. Louis wanted more. As he kissed back, his eyes opened and he realized what was happening. He took a step back.

"Fuck! Fuck, shit, fuck, no, no. This shouldn't happen. I need to go home"

Louis got on his car and drove. Aiden didn't move a muscle.

As he entered his house, trying not to wake his family, he dried a few tears with his hand. He was so confused he couldn't think. He crashed in his bed and cried silently, with Aiden's words replaying in his head.

*******************************************

When he woke up the next morning, he had a headache, and his pillow was wet. He checked his phone to find four missed calls from Aiden, two from Ed and one from Liam. Fuck, Liam and Ed! He was supposed to give them a ride home! Just as he was about to call them, he read a text from Ed: Aiden's taking us home you cunt.

Aiden. Of course it was Aiden, the boy he had kissed last night. Louis had kissed a boy. Aiden. Kiss. And he had liked it.

He looked to the bed on the other side of the room and saw Ed's bright orange hair peeking out from under the blanket. He was still asleep.  He shut his phone off and went downstairs. His father was reading the paper while Anna argued with Niall and Lucy sipped on her juice.

"Hi" he said in a low voice. He then realized that Liam was sitting there too, looking at him with an angry face.

"¿Tu te sens bien, Louis?" (Are you alright?) his mother asked. Louis nodded. He wondered if he looked as shitty as he felt.

"How was last night boys?" His dad asked.

"Good" Louis replied, and kept quiet for the rest of the breakfast, while Liam and Harry argued over politics and Niall yawned loudly, trying to get them to stop. Eventually, Ed also joined them, with messy hair and a pretty obvious hangover.

When the kids were excused, they all went upstairs to get dressed for the day.

"What happened with Aiden last night? He looked shaken up when I talked about you. Did you fight?" Liam asked.

Louis was taken by surprise. "I.. Don't know. I'm not sure, I was pissed" he said, not really thinking.

"Yeah, right" Ed said. "So, what was it about?"

"I said I don't know !! It's my business anyway, leave me alone!"

Louis entered his room and stumped the door, leaving Liam and Ed behind.

He heard them knock on his door.

"We didn't mean to upset you Lou. If you need to talk, you know we're here" he heard Ed say.

Louis lied down with his face on the pillow.

***********

The next morning the boys had school, and Lucy had preschool, as always, Harry took the boys in his car before he went to work as the head of a publishing house. Anna takes Lucy an hour later, on the way to her shift at the hospital.

Liam fell asleep in the five minute ride to school, which puzzled Harry.

"Are you feeling alright bud?" Harry asked when they woke him up. Liam had bags under his eyes, and was really pale.

"Yeah, just tired" he answered. Niall jumped out of the car when he saw his friends. The older boys said bye to their father and walked into the school.

"Hey, Louis... I know you don't want to talk about it, but Aiden is right there and he just saw you, so if you are going to avoid him, you should keep walking." Liam warned him.

"Yeah.. er.. thanks mate" Louis said, and walked pass him.

***************************

The rest of the day was the same: Louis avoided Aiden as much as he could, and Ed and Liam kept giving him sideways glances every time they saw each other in the hallways.

That afternoon, it was Louis' turn to lead the soccer practice. It was raining, and Aiden was looking right at him. He sent everyone for a run around the field so he could think clearly. Sports was the only thing in his life that seemed to stay the same and not confuse him further. That and his family.

Looking back he noticed Liam, slightly behind the group and losing speed. He looked rather pale. Louis stopped to wait for his brother.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Liam nodded quickly. "Just tired" he answered. Liam had been really tired lately , now that Louis thought about it.

Indeed, on the way home from practice, Liam fell asleep on his mother's car once again.

********************

The week carried on the same way. Louis avoiding Aiden. Aiden looking for Louis. Louis running.

The next Tuesday, after school was over, Louis found his father Harry waiting for the four boys, leaning towards the car, with an angry face.

The first thought that crossed his mind was that he had found out about the kiss, but he changed his mind when he heard Liam gulp next to him.

"Liam James Styles" Harry started. Louis felt really sorry, he must have done something really bad to receive the full-name treatment.

"I got a call from your maths teacher today. Apparently you have fallen asleep in her class eleven times this month. What the heck Liam? You are the smart one! I thought you enjoyed school"
Liam apologized quickly and told a shitty lie of not being able to sleep, that Louis knew wasn't true. From the look Ed gave him, he knew the ginger was thinking the same thing.
"Can we just go home? I'm not feeling well " Liam complained.
The four of them waited for Niall, and as soon as he entered the car they went home.

-------------------------------------------------------

It had been a week and a half since the kiss, and Louis could not stop thinking about it.

He couldn't stop thinking about his friend's lips on his, and how right that felt. It had been so long since he had thought of something like that.

Back when Louis was 15, he started feeling weird about love. It all started when he kissed a girl on the lips during a field trip day. He knew that the girl fancied him, and he thought it was his obligation to kiss her, so he did. It felt strange and wet. Louis told his father that night, confessing everything on his mind. Harry made no comments, nor did he suspect anything about his sexuality. He then decided to tell Stan, his former friend, one night when they were coming back from Louis' first party. Louis just wanted an opinion to why he didn't like the kiss. Stan flipped, called him a "fucking fag" and ran away from him. Since that day, Louis had repressed that conversation to the back, deep end of his mind where it bothered no one. He started acting tougher, and even dated a girl for a few weeks. He almost had forgotten about that incident. Of course, he'd never had any sexual experiences other than kissing some girls until that night with Hannah.

So it was 1 am, and he kept turning in his bed. He was drowning in his thoughts, he couldn't breath. He needed to talk to someone.

Louis lifted the covers and walked to Ed's bed trying to make as little noise as possible. He sat down on the bed, next to Ed. The talk wasn't going to be pretty, and the last thing he needed was for his parents to find out about the kiss like that. Hell no.

He called Liam on his phone, even though they were in the same house. After a few rings, Liam picked up. "Louis what the fuck..." he started, but Louis cut him off. "Can you come to my room?" he said, in a whisper. Louis heard shuffling from the other line, and what sounded like footsteps. "Yeah, hold on" Liam said.

Liam opened Louis' door and entered the room. The younger boy was barely standing, looking pale and not rested enough. Maybe this was a bad idea, Liam had said earlier that he wasn't feeling well.

"What's wrong?" his little brother said. Ed was waking up slowly, opening and closing his eyes.

"I just need to... talk with you two. Please. If you don't mind. I just can't breath, and you are like my best friends."

"Sure" Ed said, awake now, and moved over in the bed so Liam could fit too.

"Do you want me to turn on the light?" Liam asked. Louis shook his head. "It's easier to talk in the dark" he reasoned.

"So, is this about your fight with Aiden?" Ed asked. Louis could already feel the knot in his stomach.

"We didn't fight" Louis whispered.

"Are you sure? What happened then?"

"Just... please don't hate me. And don't tell anyone. At all. Not even mom and dad"

"We would never hurt you." Liam assured him, calmly

"Just fucking tell us now, you prick" Ed added, with a little less touch than Liam.

"Just... aghh this is hard. Give me a minute please" Louis said with a shaky voice and tears in his eyes. They hadn't realized the importance of the situation, and suddenly were a lot more aware of Louis' distress.

"Sure Lou" Ed said.

After a few moments, Louis opened his mouth once more. Before he talked, he looked at Ed and Liam's faces. They knew each other well enough to realize when something was serious, and this time it was. They were looking at him with expectation, waiting for his words anxiously. He took in a breath, trying to clear the knot in his throat.

"At the party Hannah took me upstairs to have sex... but I couldn't. I couldn't... get it up" he mumbled, feeling his cheeks on fire. They made no sound, but Ed made a surprised face.

"So she got pissed at me, obviously, and I left the house. Aiden found me outside and started asking me questions because I was crying. Again. Because, you know, I'm a crybaby. And anyway... one thing lead to another and we kissed. Well, he kissed me. And I kissed back. And then I freaked out and left. And I don't know what's going on in my head, I don't understand a single thing that's happening to me." Louis had tears down his cheeks already, and his brothers still weren't talking from the shock.

"You hate me. It's okay, I do too" Louis concluded.

"No, no fuck Lou, I don't hate you, why are you making such a big deal. I don't give a fuck who you like. Even better, more girls for me" Ed declared.

"Same here mate, don't freak out. Why do you think this changes anything?"

Louis felt all the pressure in his stomach leave at once. And wiped his tears with a smile.

"But like... Are you gay?" Liam asked.

"No. Yes, I don't know. I can't stop thinking about him though, but I don't think I 'm gay. I'm just a train wreck of fucking confusion"

"Maybe you have to see him again" Liam declared. "Like, properly talk to him" Louis panicked just at the thought.

"Maybe soon we'll talk. I'm not ready"

"It's been a week and a half" Ed remarked.

"Okay, maybe I am gay. I just need to figure it out myself"

"Okay" Liam whispered.

"Thanks for everything. I love you" Louis said, out of the blue. They smiled. "Don't be stupid, you can count on us" Ed said, and Louis could swear he was going to die from embarrassment and 'love at the same time. "Group hug" Liam exclaimed. "But manly. A manly bro hug" Louis remarked. They smiled and put their arms around each other, lovingly.

"To be honest, I kind of knew" Ed said, smirking. "Aiden told us he had a crush on you ages ago man, took you a long time to figure things out."

"Us?! Who's us?!" Louis panicked. "Just the group, Lou. Like, Nick and us. He asked us not to tell you"

"And, exactly how long ago?" he asked again. The other two boys looked at each other.

"Maybe we should wait until Aiden talks to him...?" Liam asked Ed.

"Fuck that" Ed declared. "Exactly five month ago, little innocent flower. He's been shit longing for you, you slow ass"

Louis couldn't believe it. Five months?

"Want to sleep over Li?" Ed asked, changing subjects. When Ed had moved in, Liam was a bit jealous that Louis got to sleep with him and he didn't, so whenever the boys felt like it, they moved Ed and Louis' bed together so they all fit in. Liam nodded, and in a few minutes they were all laying down, half asleep, with Louis in the middle.

"I'm just wandering..." Ed said. The other two boys groaned, wanting to sleep. "Who would top?"

"Jesus fucking Christ Ed!" Louis almost screamed. "That's not of your business!"

"Yes, cuz, if you top, I can give you a few pointers, but if you bottom, you're on your own mate"

"We're not even dating yet man"

"You said yet" Liam smiled, almost asleep.

"Please just sleep" Louis said, and he was thankful for the darkness of the room, because they couldn't see him blushing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

791K 8.6K 46
One Direction Pregnancy Series! *UNDER EDITING* (may change some chapters)
854 10 11
Louis Tomlinson loves being the oldest kid in a big family. Even after his mom passes away and he steps into the responsibility of caretaker, he's st...
349K 5.1K 18
Book Three. Just a bunch of Harry Styles one shots as you both get used to being parents.
47.5K 642 46
Zayn (30) and Liam (28) starting a family Harry and Niall are going to be adopted Louis is a badboy A lot of things are going to happen for good or b...