Dear Bailey

By SarahLWhite

Bailey is taking her yearly flight to her father's house in Florida for the summer. When her plane gets delay... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Untitled Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Author Note (Part 55)
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Author Note (Part 65)
Part 66
Part 67
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Author Note (The Ending)
Author Note (Special Announcement)
Also by Sarah White
Surprise!
Series Info
Help! Saving Hope is up for Story of the Year!
Lean On Me 3rd Story in Series!
Final book in the Dear Bailey series
New Story with Jo Watson!
Untitled Part 98
Until Then
End of Series Q & A
Answered Questions
THANK YOU BONUS CONTENT
Epilogue 1/4
Epilogue 2/4
Epilogue 3/4
Epilogue 4/4
Our Broken Pieces Available Now! On Sale for $6.92 on Amazon
New Wattpad Story
NaNoWriMo
Never Alone (COMPLETE)

Part 68

80.7K 4.8K 181
By SarahLWhite

Lucas

Just come home. She had no idea just how much I wish I could make her that promise. I'd come home, but I didn't know if it would be on my own two feet. I leaned across the cab of the truck and kissed her lips instead. She was smart enough to know I hadn't promised, but also to know that it was something I'd have very little control over. I would do what ever I could to get home to her, until I couldn't do it anymore.

"Come on. A few of my friends are inside. I can't wait to introduce you. They didn't believe me when I showed them the picture." I opened up my door and stepped out into the freezing cold air. I was so grateful for a reason to suck in a big breath. I was afraid if my chest got any tighter, I was going to pass out. As we were driving, I couldn't stop thinking about why she'd come into my life. If God was going to break my heart fine, but why did he have to involve her? She didn't sign up for that. Maybe I was never supposed to look up and see her in that airport.

I closed my eyes for a second, pushing down every emotion so she couldn't see it on my face when I opened her door. I almost stumbled back when I finally got around to her side. Her hair was a mess, blown by the wind and the heater on the ride there. Her cheeks were dark pink and lifted into a smile that shot right to my heart. She looked like an angel, her face waiting behind the foggy glass of the window. I wondered if she really was an angel and if she was, had my mother sent her?

I pulled the door open and she slid out into my arms. I wrapped an arm around her and spun her as she lifted up her feet. I set her down on the wet asphalt in the only spot I could see without snow. She giggled and rubbed her hands together while I shut her door. "Do you ever get used to it being this cold?" she asked as her breath puffed out a little cloud. It made her smile even bigger and for a second I saw her for the young girl she was. Sometimes while you're busy being an adult, you forget that just months ago you were only a kid.

"I don't mind it." I put my arm around her shoulders and pulled her to me. We were about to go into the only restaurant opened this late, which meant that half my shop would probably be in here filling up before going out for a few hours. Marines never learned the lesson about drinking the night before work. For us, life was one continuous loop of working, drinking, sleeping and waking up again. Weekends blended into the week, and hours gave way to days.

I opened the large door and guided her inside with my hand on the small of her back. She shook out the few pieces of snow from her hair and then ran her fingers through it. I almost threw her back over my shoulder and drug her back to our room. I could eat when she went home.

"What?" she asked with a laugh as she untied her jacket and began to slide it off.

"I was just thinking about how good room service sounded." She rolled her eyes at my words.

"You're the one that told me we had to have a good story to tell the grandkids. I can't imagine their mothers wanting it to go, 'When we finally got to see each other for longer than a few minute, we spent the whole time having sex.'" She put her hand on her hip and lifted her brow. I laughed out loud.

"Ok, fine." I relented, "I can tell them I fed you dinner, introduced you to some friends, then took you back to the room." I took my jacket off just as the hostess motioned for us to follow her. I could already see Pines in the back corner booth. "Hey miss, do you mine if we sit with them?" I pointed to the back.

"No, go right on ahead. I'll bring you some place settings." I grabbed Bailey's hand and lead her to the back where Pines was sitting with a few other guys from the shop.

"Didn't think I'd see you out," Pines laughed before scooping a large bite of mashed potatoes into his mouth.

"I thought I'd prove she was real." The guys at the table all laughed and then sat up a little higher so they could scoot around and give us some room to sit with them.

"Everyone this is Bailey, my girlfriend. Bailey, this is Pines, Smith, Lee and Sanchez." I pointed to each of them and then tucked her into the booth beside me. "Where are you guys headed?"

"Ron's," Sanchez answered, stirring another packet of sugar into his coffee. Three empty packets sat beside his mug. When he saw Bailey looking at the discarded packets he answered, "I've been at work all day and I'm not as young as these guys. Over the hill at age 22 around here. I need this shit to stay awake."

Ron's was an old biker bar at the edge of town. They didn't check ID, which made them the most crowded place most nights. I guess they figured it was worth the risk to take all the money from the underage Marines.

"Have you considered just main lining it?" Bailey joked back. I watched as they all turned their attention to her just before they laughed. Lee slapped Sanchez on the back and I knew that she'd just won them all over. I didn't need anyone to approve of my girl, but knowing they did made me so fucking proud. 

****Please remember to vote and share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 92 23
Savannah is your typical teenage girl. She doesn't drink or do drugs. She has friends and a boyfriend who is the shittiest of the all. This all chang...
A New Love By Shelby

Teen Fiction

26K 647 29
Ever since Shelby moved away from her hometown she has missed everything about it; the feel, the people, her (pretty much but not really) sister, Cel...
3.9K 191 29
LUCAS I sat next to her on the couch and brushed her hair from her face. She was all sweaty. " Lucas ..?" She hummed. " I'm here.." " I'm sorry, I'm...
22.4K 420 30
When Lindsey was 12 years old her parents split up and her mom moved to North Carolina taking 12 year old Lindsey with her. Lindsey left behind her v...