Emerald Avalon Rain

By NerissaBlue

My name is Emerald Avalon Rain and I am a princess. I am the youngest in the famous quadruplets of the werew... More

Emerald Avalon Rain
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 5

8.8K 405 57
By NerissaBlue

Chapter 5

Everyone stared at them in shock. We all had questions, but the silence continued. Would she be the mate also to Xavier? Had he met her yet? It was all so confusing to have so many thoughts going through our head. They just continued to smile at us, noticing our confusion and tiredness.

"Are you going to bring her in?" Xavier asked the same time I asked,

"Where is she?"

Jacob went outside and brought her into our apartment. I pay no attention to her, but kept my gaze on Xavier. I could smell her the moment she walked in, which was the only way I knew Xavier did too. His gaze on her did not waver. He looked at her unblinking for a long period of time while everyone watched in silence. Then he stood up and shook his head and walked into his room.

She was not his mate. My feelings were torn. I wanted to feel happy for Jacob and Nathanial, but also depressed and sad for Xavier. This evening did not turn out how I wanted to. I finally lifted my gaze the look at the girl. She had a curvy body, long blonde hair and green eyes. She was beautiful, and she had a nervous look in her eyes. She kept her eyes averted from my gaze; I could not help but wonder what happened to her and made her so painfully shy and withdrawn. My brothers looked at her as if she was the most perfect person in the world. Their loving gaze made my heart warm. They had finally found who they were looking for. Mum and our fathers would be extremely proud and happy.

I walked over to her and smiled giving her a big hug.

"Hey, I'm Emerald, what's your name?"

"Hey I'm Celia." She said with a gentle smile still avoiding eye contact, but was still stiff, making me wonder if she is shy, or if I'm intimidating. I smiled at my brothers then walked out to find Xavier.

I knocked on his door, which he did not answer. I walked in any way to find him sitting on his bed playing his guitar. The tune was beautiful and carried so many emotions that he may not tell me about, but I could tell were there. He looked up at me with so many emotions in his eyes and then looked away continuing to play on his instrument. His room was the same as always. Clean and tidy, with lots of books and guitars and pianos around the room.

I walked in and lay down on the bed next to him. My presence next to his is better than anything I could say. I waited for him to say something, but ended up slowly drifting away after the long day we both had and the gentle strums on his guitar. He put his guitar away after a while and pulled me closer to him, like we were little again, as we slept.

"Goodnight Rain." He whispered softly.

***

The next morning I woke up in my own bed. The events of last night hit me. Jace and Nate found their mate. It made sense that they would share the same mate, because although we were all close, they were inseparable and different to Xavier and I. I checked my phone for any calls or messages to see that my mum had texted me to meet her for breakfast today in the city. I had a shower and got dressed listening to music in the background. As I exited my room I noticed no one was in the house. Jace and Nate was most likely getting to know Celia and Xavier attempting to avoid the awkward conversations about mates.

On my way out of the house I went to the car park, stroking my car when I saw it. I looked up at the sky and could tell it was going to rain soon. The thought made me smile.

I drove to mum and dads' house, which was a bit away from the boarding school. I didn't mind though, the drive tended to relax me. I looked outside as I drove past promising myself i would go into the woods once I came back. Once I got to the house, I looked up realising it's vastness. As I was born fortunate so I was use to seeing grand places, but sometimes still stop and think. I was greeted by the security at the gates and then the doors. I smiled at them a knowing smile.

"Rain, how are you?" my mother said squeezing me into a tight hug. It felt so comforting being in her arms.

"I'm good mum, how are you, where's Cole and Chris?" It was just easier calling them by their first names sometimes.

"They're busy doing business while they're here. Come on, you over slept, lets get something to eat." She said as we walked into the kitchen. The staff had already prepared the breakfast, the scent making my stomach growl.

"I'm starved... I didn't find him last night mum." I said answering the question I knew was coming. I could see sadness on her face, but she swiftly covered it with a genuine smile.

"Don't worry princess, he will come. And when you find each other, all of this time before spent wondering wouldn't matter. You were made for each other, therefore you will find your way together." She said lovingly. I nodded in appreciation, and we spoke.

"Your fathers told me something very interesting today." She said. I squeezed my eyes shut, knowing what she was talking about. There is little you can keep from your mates, and your only daughter being an assassin is not one of them.

"Mum, you've always known what I want to be."

"I know you wanted to fight, but I thought that was only something you enjoy, not want to do." She said with a fire in her eyes that scared me.

"Mum, I know you think I'm a princess, and that's all, but I have to do something other than being the perfect mate. I want to protect people, I want to protect us."

"It is not your job to protect us." She said lowering her fork.

"Mum, this is where I fit in. Being an alpha and beta is the guys jobs, I have the ability to do something different. I know you fear for me, but I got training from the best fighters I know, Chris and Cole." I said looking her in the eyes. "They know what they're doing, they know what I want and they trust me." I said reaching for her hands.

She said nothing more, and continued eating knowing that what I said was true. Cole came into the kitchen sensing the unusual silence between us. He placed a kiss on my mother's head, making her blush. I looked away and let them have a private moment. They were so full of love for each other it made my heart warm. He came over to me messing up my hair like I was 5 again. I swatted his hand away, pretending to hate it.

"Morning princess." He said with a smile.

"Morning dad." I said. "Have you aged from the last time I saw you?" I joked, knowing that aging slowed down once we reach age 25.

"Ha-ha." He said sarcastically, making me smile up at him.

"Are you ready for school tomorrow?" He asked.

"Yes. I think I'm ready." I said nodding. Chris walked into the kitchen, his face brightening when he saw mum. He gave her a kiss on her forehead and smiled at me.

"Good morning princess."

Not long later, I let it spill that Nate and Jacob had found their mate. Soon my mum was trying to get them through their link telling them she wanted to meet her immediately. I smiled knowing I was probably going to be in trouble with them. They brought her over, and Xavier entered a while after.

He was smiling but his smile didn't reach his eyes. It was strange to be together, like a normal family , and have a stranger in our midst. Normally when we are together as a family, it's just us. She was still shy and quiet, so it was almost like she wasn't there. I sat there thinking about how her life is going to change.

After a while, Dad suddenly said "there are vampires in the area."

All of us looked shocked, except mum who already knew.

"Someone is breeding new vampires, we don't fully know what they want, but it could threaten the peace we with each other now."

My face darkened alongside my brothers. Celia probably felt so scared and out of place at this point. The kings and queens never hid any business from us, knowing that even though Xavier is going to rule, if anything is going to happen to him, we need all to be prepared, including me.

"Don't worry, you guys will be safe. The school is very secure." I trusted them when they said this.

***

We said goodbye to mum and dads knowing they'll be leaving for Lock Hart in later that night. As we all got in our separate cars, I could smell the rain coming. When I got to the school, I parked my car in my spot and parked, as the rain pounded on the ground as I walked out the back. Behind the school and apartments was a forest that stretched out for a few miles, I walked into them, roaming them without shifting. The green area was wide, the trees covered the place and the leaves rustled under my feet. The scent of rain covered the land, making me feel fresh and happy. I found spot on the ground next to the lake which was my favourite spot. When I looked up, I noticed how the trees didn't block the view of the sky. The raindrops fell directly on my face and I fell contempt and asleep. This was what I enjoyed the most. I drifted into unconsciousness my breaths getting deeper, when I smelt something different. It wasn't human, and it wasn't wolf. It could have been a vampire, but I would know because I've only heard about them, not encountered them.

The relationship between werewolves and vampires was very fragile. We coexisted, but that was about it. They had their own hierarchy and we had ours. This was, however, our land, which was meant to be secure. They shouldn't have been able to cross into our borders. This put me on edge.

I shifted to my feet, looking around to see if I could see them. There was no one there. The scent drifted away, I could remember it, but I couldn't smell it anymore. I walked back to the school, finding the principal as soon as I could, to notify them of what had happened. After getting many questions, some of which I couldn't answer, they told me not to tell anyone what had happened, which made m frown but agree.

I got back to my apartment to see where my brothers, finding no one there, I tried to send a message through our link. Nate and Jacob were on a date with Em, and Xavier didn't answer. But I knew he was either busy, or didn't want to be disturbed.

I went to my room and changed into different clothes, since I was still wet from the rain. I put on gym clothes and headed to the basement. There was always at least one of the assassins training, and I joined them sparing with some of the guys. Fighting gave me the best thrill, each second and every move had to be carefully planned with anticipation of your opponents move.

"Faster." I said breathlessly to Cameron as we fought. He was the best fighter but he still had improvements to make, speed was one of them.

"You can't handle it." He said with a smile on his face, which was wiped of as I hit him harder.

"Common, be serious." I said as a move back to dodge his swipe. He quickly sent a round kick to me which I moved back again.

"That's better." I said, I sent a kick back to which he didn't anticipate and he went to the ground. "Up." I said, to which he jumped up ready to continue the fight he knew I would win. It's not that I have a big ego necessarily, It's just the truth. "Spar with Zack." Zack had a smile on his face as he loved the challenge. Everyone else who was watching out fights looked like they were calculating the next moves.

I watched them fight, they were so amazing agile and fast. Fighting looked like a dance; our eyes were locked on them.

After the training session was over, some stayed to practice some more or exercised, whilst I went back to my room to take a shower. My muscles released from the tension that was building up during the training session. It felt so good to relax that I got carried away, not knowing the amount of time I spent in there. Finally deciding it was time to remove myself from the comfort the running water, I wrapped my self in my towel and went into my room. I froze before opening the door, smelling the same scent from the woods.

I placed my hands on the handle and turned it, my heart pounding faster and faster. The scent was so strong, I felt like he touched everything in my room.

I looked everywhere until my eyes fell on my bed. There was a letter waiting for me, taunting me. All it said was:

'You smell divine.'

(A/N) it has been 2 years since I last wrote in this book. I logged on to Wattpad today seeing so many messages you guys sent me, asking me to continue the book. I hope you enjoyed this chapter that you guys inspired to write, along side the new element of vampires.

Feel free to comment x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166 1 20
~~Completed~~ Anastasia de Alger Obelia was an average sixteen year old. She goes to school, work, then home. Sounds easy and normal, right? Unfortu...
50.9K 2.3K 58
This is a story of my INCREDIBLE life! *Note the sarcasm people* My names Eve and I don't know what I'm here for. My pack hates me. Relationships su...
1.5M 77.6K 45
(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silently falling for her childhood best friend...