Cold Blood (Completed)

By nerdinspects

Part 1: Replaced by the Alpha Mate (Completed) Sera was not rejected by her mate, Daniel but he replaced her... More

Book One
One- Unaccepted by the Mate
Two- Replaced by the Mate
Three- Meeting the Stranger
Four- The Strange Rogue
Five- Return of the Mate
Six- Rejecting the Rejection
Seven- Talking to Brother
Eight- Manny the Mate
Nine- Alpha is Sneaking
Ten- The New Alpha
Eleven- Rogue Attack
Twelve- Jealous Alpha
Thirteen- Wilson Carter
Fourteen - Revenge Plan
Fifteen- Traitor
Sixteen - Finding Mate
Seventeen - Deal to Fight
Eighteen - Deal of Mate
Nineteen - Strange Alpha
Twenty - The Fight
Twenty One - Suspicion
Twenty Two - Harsh Words
Twenty Three - Sleep
Twenty four- To Admit
Twenty Five - Danger
Twenty six- Fear
Twenty Seven - Miles
Twenty Eight- Saving the Mate
Twenty Nine- Between Two Mates
Thirty- True Colours of Alpha's mate
Thirty One - Unexpected
Thirty Two- Alpha
Thirty Three - Plans
Thirty Four- Chance
Thirty Five- Daddy Dearest
Thirty Six - Mate
Thirty seven- Apology
Thirty Eight- More Triators
Thirty Nine- Almost Caught
Forty- Mistakes and Regrets
Forty One- Crazy Old Man
Forty Two- More Secrets Revealed
Forty Three- Saving Mate
Chapter Forty Four - Accepting the Fate
Epilogue
Book Two- Targeted by the Blood Devil
One- History repeats itself
Two- Old Friends
Three- In the College
Six- Drunk
Seven- Drink
Eight - Cat's Prey
Nine - Royal Blood
Ten- Seven Months
Eleven- Home Sweet Home
Twelve- Inside
Thirteen
Fourteen - Hello Mate
Fifteen - Waking Up
Sixteen - Search again
Seventeen - Blue Moon
Eighteen - Mated
Nineteen - Unfaithful
Twenty - Run Away
Twenty One - Destiny
Twenty Two - Cell
Twenty Three - Just Great
Twenty Four - Old Mate
Twenty Five - Secrets
Twenty Six - Ex Mate vs Mate
Twenty Seven - Blood Devil
Twenty Eight - Reveal
Twenty Nine - Truth
Thirty - Escape
Thirty One - Once Again
Thirty Two - Caught
Thirty Three - Lost Hope
Thirty Four - New Game
Thirty Five - Pack Business
Thirty Six - His Mate
Thirty Seven - No Regrets
Thirty Eight - Happy Endings
Thirty Nine - The Ceremony
Forty - Climax
Forty One - The End

Five- The Ball of Light

18.4K 634 18
By nerdinspects

Sera's P.O.V.

Curiosity killed the cat. I wonder if my curiosity will lead to same result. A force hit my back sending me flying in the air. I swear no one was there. I didn't feel anybody but only a push. No way it was force of wind, which wasn't even blowing.

I rolled on the ground, dust and dry leaves flying around me as I crouched, my senses alert. These were only woods. I couldn't even smell an animal.

No human is fast enough. So can there be a vampire? A really experienced vampire.

Purple light was nowhere in sight and I was deep in the woods. Right after dinner, I had rushed to woods. After we reached home, female Roberts had surrounded me and Harry. We were bombarded with questions. Only after dinner did I get a way to sneak out.

And then I saw it. The purple light again. It was heading towards me, slowly. I watched warily stepping back to keep a distance. An orb of purple light was floating in air shining bright. My first thought was- an alien. I looked around for an escape or a safe place in case things get out of hand. There may be someone else around. Either an enemy or a friend.

All I could see were tall trees and bushes. And a purple luminous orb in front of me.

"Who are you?" Two voices asked me at the same time. The ball shone brightly.

Did that thing spoke?

stared at it with wide eyes. I've never heard about this before. And it is impossible. It had to be a dream.

"Answer us," the voices commanded.

"Sera Winters," I kept my voice calm. I was in woods with a purple shining orb talking to me. This isn't normal. I have to go away.

"What are you doing here?" They asked.

I started backing away. "I was wandering here."

Something moved to my right and I turned at last minute to find a vine coiling around my. I grunted pulling away. They came around my legs lifted me off the ground. I thrashed violently to get rid of them.

What's happening?

"L-leave m-me," I chocked out as the green ropes constricted my airway. If I was human my ribs would have collapsed.

"Don't lie," they shouted. The sound was deafening. An unbearable pain almost blinded me. It felt like someone was squeezing my brain. Tears ran down my cheeks when pain became intense.

"S-Stop," I croaked through the pain.

Purple ball of light killed the curious Sera. That was the last thing I thought about before everything went black.

"Wake up sleeping beauty," a voice called and I opened my eyes slowly.

Sitting up I yawned and atreched mumbling a good morning.

"Do this later. We are going to get late. Grayson will leave in ten minutes. Get ready by then." Harry grumbled walking out. I frowned at his retreating form.

I walked to bathroom lazily. Was that a nightmare? It had to be a nightmare. I looked down at my clothes. I was in nightsuit. I don't even remember changing into one.

After getting ready in record eight minutes, I rushes to the car saying bye to Roberts.

"I say, just leave her. She will learn her lesson and never be late for college." I caught Harry's voice.

"She'll be down soon." Grayson assured.

"You were not the one who woke her up. She looked like a witch. Her hairs were like nest. It'd take at least thirty minutes to fix them." He argued.

I ran my hand through my hair. They were not tangled. How dare he?

It was behind my back so I missed a dry leaf embedded in my hair that belonged to the woods. It fell down not making any noise.

"Good Morning Grayson," I made myself visible to them.

"Good Morning Sera." He flashed me a million dollar smile.

"Get into the car. We are getting late." Harry barked.

I glared at him and jumped into the backseat.

Who stole his favorite toy?

We arrived at college. Grayson and Harry were busy in conversation about football game. I tuned them out and stared out of the window.

That nightmare felt so real. It only rose my interest. Maybe it was just my imagination. A thing like that purple ball does not exist.

Grayson killed the engine as we approached college. He said something and threw keys at Harry before walking away. The blue eyed boy got out of the car and I followed him.

Harry didn't talk much and I was busy with the thoughts of that mysterious ball.

Before I knew, college was already over. We made our way to the car. Harry got in driver's seat.

"Where is Grayson?" I asked him.

"He's taking ride with his girlfriend." Harry replied.

"Girlfriend?" I asked confused opening the door of passenger seat.

"Brittany Fray," he replied.

Brittany Fray. The same girl who was flirting with Harry yesterday is Grayson's girlfriend today.

"Wow,"

He chuckled at my surprise. "You won't be able to bully her now. Grayson is now her hero."

I rolled my eyes. "I know that much okay. And I don't need a hero. Many things changed over years."

"That I can agree with," he nodded looking at me up and down.

"Look at the road." I snapped and he chuckled again doing as I asked. A hint of smirk was visible on his pale face.

I stared at him. He was handsome. I can't sent that but there's nothing on his face fascinating me. He was a plain bad boy who was not a player. But whenever he talked or looked at me with those beautiful eyes, I couldn't help but feel something... weird.

I don't like him. No I don't. He's just friendly. Rudely friendly. But friendly anyways.

I shook my head leaning my head against the window and stared outside. My thoughts travelled to that purple light. What was it?

*

"So Grayson is on date with his lady friend." Ariana nodded her head.

Jane rolled her eyes. "It's like the hundredth girl he's on date with. I worry for him."

"Don't worry Jane. Grayson can take care of himself." I tried to assure her bringing a glass of water to my lips.

"I know. I'm just worried. What if he catches an STD or gets a girl pregnant."

Water sprayed from my mouth on the person sitting ahead me who happened to be Harry.

His eyes were shut. I tentatively reached for a towel and patted it on Hus face. He opened his eyes once I was finished. All he did was glare at me while both sisters laughed.

"I'm sorry." I laughed nervously.

He didn't say anything and turned away from me. He started fiddling with his phone and I sighed in relief.

"You mean Grayson is a player," I brought the conversation back to Grayson and places the glass far away from me.

"I don't know. But he's never with one girl." And that means he is a player.

"How do you know that he's never with one girl?"

"Molly's friend's sister has been Grayson's classmate for years. She tells her sister who tells Molly who tells me and I tell my sister." Ariana explained in a breath. It was a complicated web. Molly is Harry's older sister. She is older than Grayson. Gina is the oldest one. Both girls are in New York.

"What about you Harry? Do you have a girlfriend?" Jane brought Harry under light.

"No," he answered flatly.

"What? I haven't heard about you having a girlfriend in past year." Ariana grinned. "Who is the girl you turned celibate for?"

Wait! What?

"There's no one." Harry muttered. His eyes darted from corner to corner. It screamed 'there is someone' loudly.

"Who is she? She turned a player to a saint. She must be someone special." She nudged her son.

Harry groaned loudly. "No one,"

"Is she from California? Are you two on a break? Are there is long distance relationship?" Ariana pressed.

"There is no relationship." Harry protested.

"After high school your dad and I went to different colleges," Ariana started dreamily, "We maintained long distance relationship for four years."

Harry stood up and walked away shaking his head. I chuckled as Ariana continued to tell about her love story.

I stared out of the window. Tomorrow I'm going to woods in broad daylight.

** ***
I know I'm late with updates. I'm really sorry for that. (I'm hearing this sentence from others from past week)

Chapters coming at faster pace now.

-nerdinspects

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 7.5K 49
"Who are you?" She stopped just when her hand made contact with the door knob. "Alpha Isabel Martinez" she replied in a voice that wasn't hers. Dylan...
459K 14.1K 72
The girl with no wolf. An extra mouth to feed. A liability. A defenseless miscreation. Seraphina had heard it all. She had felt it all too. The bon...
700K 18.9K 48
•BOOK ONE OF THE MATE SERIES• Every day, he would draw her. Her captivating hazel eyes and her cascading aurbun locks. Everyday, people would questio...
28.1K 1.1K 28
|Highest Ranking| Ranked #2 Alphalove 6/24/19 Ranked #1 TakingOver 3/25/19 ~*~*~ In a family that is all about the brains and the proper etiquette st...