In The Spirit Of Christmas #W...

By sparkledelux

Faced with family pressures and disappointments, Kaylee a beautiful high spirited girl flees from home to tak... More

DEC 1st
DEC 2nd
DEC 3rd
DEC 4th
DEC 5th
DEC 6th
DEC 7th
DEC 8th
DEC 9th
DEC 10th
DEC 11th
DEC 13th
DEC 14th
DEC 15th
DEC 16th
DEC 17th
DEC 18th
DEC 19th
DEC 20th
DEC 21st
DEC 22nd
DEC 23rd
DEC 24th
DEC 25th
Epilogue
Announcement

DEC 12th

137 10 2
By sparkledelux

The saturday was bright in london but on the inside, the house was freezing cold. Kaylee decided the cold was too damn much and so she skipped shower and used her mouth wash instead of brushing. She was just going to lazy around the house, probably watch a movie and forget the fact she was deceived.

She started for the door when she remembered she had not prayed that morning, but Kaylee grumbled and flicked her hair at God as if he was physically present in the room with her.

He let me be decieved in the first place and I am the only one making an effort in the house. She thought as she walked out of her room wearing a navy blue thick sweater, ash sweat pants which she tucked into a brown winter sock shoe and a navy blue beanie.
She was determined to spend her day lounging on the couch eating all things sweet and fattening take that doctor Seun or whoever you are .

She had just settled down with a movie and a jar of Nutella when her phone vibrated.
She eyed the caller- 'Doc' and mentally slapped herself for not deleting his number last night. She couldn't bring herself to get rid of him, it was as if he had somehow imprinted in her heart.
The phone vibrated until it cut and started vibrating again. A text came in shortly after and Kaylee quickly read it

*** you are not picking my calls. Are you okay?***

Yeah right I am fine kaylee rolled her eyes and continued watching her film and licking nutella. She had long finished the bread which she took with her but was too lazy to go for the remaining bag in the kitchen. She eyed the bag of bread on the counter in the kitchen greedily and soon found herself going for it like an hypnotised person.

The backlight of her phone came on showing she had 10 missed calls and four text messages from doc but she was not buying any of that. Deep down she felt she should probably confront him about it but decided against that. What if he took her hostage right after the confrontation and demanded for a ransom?

Kaylee bit her lower lip nervously before she licked on another spoon of nutella.
Her phone had stopped ringing and while kaylee watched her movie, she still worried why Seun had just stopped calling.

"Kaylee.."

Kaylee thought she heard her name faintly but since she did not see her sister anywhere, she brushed it off.

"Common Kaylee I am not leaving here till I see you..." she heard followed by the honk of a car.

What? It couldn't be kaylee struggled to her feet and headed for the window. Lo and behold, there was Seun looking more handsome than ever if that was possible.

"Kaylee I know you are in there! common!" Seun said standing beside his car while he stuck his hand through the window and honked again.

She watched him as he put his phone to his ear and her phone began vibrating on the couch. Kaylee laughed, enjoying the way she was torturing him as she kept licking her nutella.

"I will match in kaylee. " Seun threatened "Okay please just answer my call, I dont even know what I did wrong. I need to know if you are okay atleast"

She chuckled to herself a part of her melting away at his determination.

"What's going on?" Kaylee was startled by her sister's entrance.

"Someone is shouting outside am surprised the cops have not arrived yet. Ow! look! they just arrived" kaylee said with a cheer as she saw the cops' car approach Seun's.

Florence walked up to her the same time Seun shouted her name again.
"Wait! Isnt it you he just called?" Florence asked curiously as she peered out the window. "Ow look it is Doctor Delvin. I wonder what he is doing here"

"What did you just call him?" Kaylee snapped her head towards her sister.

"Doctor Delvin? He works hand in hand with Doctor Richards and sometimes fills in for doctor Richards when he is not on sit." Florence said as she opened the window and waved at Seun.

Kaylee dropped her nutella jar feeling nauseous all of a sudden.
"That is doctor Seun."

"What? The doctor Seun? The one of yesterday?"

Kaylee shut her eyes and nodded trying to process it all. He was
A doctor after all" Kaylee's heart leapt for joy at the possibility that he wasn't a con artist after all.

"So why did he lie to me?" Kaylee asked no one in particular but expected an answer from her sister who was carried away with the doctor and the cops.

" Omg! Whatever made me think the cops coming was a good idea in the first place." Kaylee said looking worried.

Seun was approached by the cops and after a little discussion and handshakes, one of the cops walked back to the car and pulled out a megaphone.

"Mrs kaylee, mrs kaylee, please if you are in this building could you kindly come out? Your husband is worried about you"

Kaylee's jaw dropped! To think she was worried he would get arrested and what did they mean by Mrs kaylee?

Seun collected the megaphone shortly after and spoke through it. "Baby please come out, I didn't mean all the things I said. I love you baby! Please don't walk out on us, on our children. Little kelvin has been asking of you baby"

Kaylee was dumbfounded. He was creating a scene and other residents were peeping out of their respective houses. Some even came out to their front porch.

"Awwwnnn" Florence cooed beside her.

"My life is meaningless without you darling" Seun continued and kaylee laughed.

"Common sis go and meet your husband before he gets the media here"

"Bu- but I havent showered! I didnt even brush my teeth! Look at me!" Kaylee looked at her outfit as she spoke.

Florence rolled her eyes "I don't think your husband minds"

Kaylee contemplated before she rushed downstairs and out of the house. She had this undeniable giddy feeling inside, like she was nervous but excited at the same time.

"Ow thank God!" Seun let out an over exaggerated breath and handed over the megaphone to the cop. "Baby!" He ran over to her and scooped her up in an embrace. "I am so sorry" he took her hands in his and kissed her knuckles.

"What are you doing Seun? If that is your real name" she whispered but glared at him.

"Darling, let's just go inside and discuss this okay? He said aloud for everyone to hear.
She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms as the cops approached Seun, who thanked them for their help.

"just doing our job sir." One of the cops said shaking Seun's right hand "you should hear your husband out" he directed the latter part of his statement at her before walking away.

"Yeah you should" Seun said with a pout. Gosh he was exploiting her.
He looped his arm with hers as she led him back to the apartment all the while conscious of her nutella breath.

Once in the apartment, Florence greeted them by the door with a big smile and shook Seun's hand.

"Doctor Delvin. How do you do? I didn't see you at the hospital yesterday when I came for a check up"

"Yes. I was in the theatre. I had an operation"

That explains why he was not picking my calls kaylee thought from where she was standing, tugging at the hem of her sweater.

"How are you feeling today ma'am?" He asked flashing one of his to-die-for smiles.

"Well we are fine. Although I am kind of worried about the baby, I was told she is breached"

"Nothing to worry about Mrs Olanrewaju. Just give the baby time. If she is not turned in three days, there are some procedures you and your husband could do that would help"

"Okay. So-"

"Seun!" Kaylee cut her sister off. "Do you care for anything? Coffee? Tea?"

"No darling just the warmth of your smile" he said and kaylee rolled her eyes. She still deserved an explanation.

"Why did you lie about your name?" Kaylee asked, crossing her arms.

Seun's smile dissolved a little before he laughed. "I didnt lie Kaylee, Delvin is my first name."

"So why did you tell me Seun instead? " she questioned and Seun was not ready to indulge in this discussion at least not yet and definitely not infront of her sister.

"I have two coupons to the best breakfast house in London. I thought you would love to share it with me." Seun said rather than answer her question.

Kaylee stared him down unblinking

"Okay fine I will explain on the way" he added when he realised she was not going to move.

Kaylee smiled "okay let me shower"

"I think you are beautiful the way you are" he added

"That's what I said earlier" Florence added.

"Hell no!" Kaylee shook her head as she tried to go around Seun in order to go upstairs. He grabbed her arm and twirled her around so she faced him instead.

"We don't want to keep the children waiting do we?" He said with a smirk.

"Which children?" Kaylee grumbled! "Are we still playing this virtual family life?"

"We would just have to find out!" He said pulling her out of the house with him.

"Have fun!" Florence shouted after them and waved.

-------********--------
They were sitting face to face at a lovely stool with a small table separating them, in the far corner of the breakfast house. Kaylee was assaulted with different scents from waffles, to toast bread, scrambled eggs.. you name it! They had it all.

Her stomach screamed in response, despite the bread and nutella she devoured that morning but she pretended as if she was bored.

"Common! I think that was the best scene ever wifey. Don't you think?" Seun asked.

Kaylee wanted to laugh but bit her lips instead and glared at him. Seun chuckled as he scanned the menu and ordered for both of them wheat bread, cheese, waffles and apples. "Ow and 2 cups of coffee" he added as the waiter jotted down their order.

Once she had gone to get their breakfast, Seun reached for his pocket and brought out his wallet, a brown boss wallet, simple yet had quality written over it.
He dug in until he pulled out his drivers licence, and hospital card out. He pushed them over to kaylee until he caught her attention.

My name is Delvin oluwaseun walter. I got my medical degree at yale school of medicine 4 years ago. I am the only child of my parents, my mum is a Nigerian, yoruba to be specific and my dad is mexican. I will be 28 january 9th..."
Kaylee listened intently as Seun let her in on his personal life, telling her about his family, how his parents met and how he lived all his life here and never in Nigeria.

"So why did you give me Seun instead of Delvin?" She asked in attempt to make sure that he didn't stalk her or something.

Delvin busied himself up with his breakfast that had just arrived, pouring cream into his coffee and stiring it. It seemed like he was avoiding something but he spoke up in time.

"I always thought the name Seun was unique and since it's not a name that is easily pronounced over here, I decided to use my first name Delvin"

Kaylee nodded in understanding "I will still call you Seun. I kinda like it better."

"Please do. I like the way you pronounce it" he said his playboy tactics surfacing a little. As he stuffed a piece of waffle in his mouth.
Kaylee laughed, digging into her breafast all the while discussing and laughing easily with Seun.

It was so easy for kaylee to loose herself in Seun and Seun in kaylee. They were like two missing pieces of a puzzle who had found themselves and fitted perfectly. Although the fact that Seun did not tell kaylee the whole truth of why he preferred she knew him as Seun still bothered him a little bit, he was determined in keeping her because every laughter, smile, frown, pout or story she told thrilled him to the point he wanted more of her each passing second.

"....oh my! I ran that day Seun! It was scary but it was my first party and the rush of adrenaline was overwhelming. " she laughed like a little girl and stole a piece of his waffles unconsciously since she had finished hers a while ago.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She squinted her eyes in worry. "Is it my hair or the beanie?"

"None!" Seun chuckled "you just amaze me." He said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"Is it in a good way or in a bad way?"

"Definitely good sweetheart" he smiled at her and realised she wasnt like the other girls he dated. She was special and he was not infatuated! No! he was falling for her.

Really long chapter! Whew! I hope you enjoyed it. Please like and comment.. Thank you and enjoy your weekend.

-Unini

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.9K 249 23
a heartbroken girl moves to live with her two best friends, what happens when one falls in love? ( based in the recent texas era ) - mature content...
222 0 48
A girl, her life, her ups and downs. She is ambitious and independent but just wants someone who wants the same thing she wants. A family. Her life t...
237K 9.6K 16
Elliot loves Christmas, but dislikes spending it with her family. Her and her mom never see eye to eye on anything. Brooklyn on the other hand, hates...
16 0 14
Fairlee Smith is struck with a tragedy at the age of thirteen. She loses her parents. She will not allow herself and her sister, Macie Smith, to be...