Outcasts [PUBLISHED]

By The_Dreamer_10

PUBLISHED! Now available on Amazon, and Kindle Unlimited! Shy, quiet, Riley Summers' life is changed once she... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six-Blondes. Blondes Everywhere.
Seven-A Real Friend
Eight-Where's Aiden?
Nine-The Party
Ten-Outcasts
Eleven-Movie Marathon
Twelve-My New Best Friend
Thirteen-The Real Aiden
Fourteen-Nerd Girl
Fifteen-Photographs
Sixteen-Vandalism is Bad
Seventeen-The Real Riley
Eighteen-Paint and...what?
Twenty-The Wedding Day
Trust me...its not over!
Announcement: The Greatest Of All Time!!!
FREE GOODIES JUST FOR OUTCASTS!
Want a secret chapter?
IT'S HERE!!!!!
Just Checking In!
Message from the Author
Almost Three Months In!
6 Months!!
Thinking About You!
Bookmas!!
What a Year!
Book Birthday!
June 21, 2012
Addressing Some Issues
RELAUNCH COMING
NEW COVER

Nineteen-Rehearsals

834K 20.7K 9.2K
By The_Dreamer_10

After lunch, everyone was buzzing in the hallway. They were probably talking about Ryan breaking up with Nicole earlier. I heard a girl talking about it in the bathroom, and it sounds like Ryan embarrassed her pretty badly. I was trying really hard to stay away from her since she might be on a rampage.

As I was walking to my next class, I felt someone's presence next to me. I smiled when I looked over and saw who it was. "Can I help you Aiden?"

"Yes you can actually." He nodded. "Wanna hang out again after school?"

I was about to agree when I remembered I had the rehearsal tonight. "I would like to, but there's the wedding rehearsal tonight..." I trailed off.

His expression darkened. "Right. Somehow I keep forgetting you're in the wedding also."

"So do I." I muttered. "Maybe tomorrow?"

He shrugged. "Maybe." Then with that being said, he went his separate way.

I frowned but then brushed it off.

***

"No, Max you stand here next to Halle. Drew, stop messing around! This is serious!" Anna exclaimed at them. She seemed stressed out, which was understandable. From what I've seen on TV, brides tend to turn into bridezillas when their wedding is in less than a week. "There. Nobody move. This is where you're all going to stand while I'm walking down the aisle."

So far we have covered the order that each couple will come out. Lucas and I are last. Then Anna showed us the speed in which we need to be walking. It can't be too fast and it can't be too slow. I had a huge headache and hearing all of this wasn't helping me at all. I didn't know weddings could be so complicated.

Anna stood in front of us all and crossed her arms. "I do not want anyone messing around while you're up here. People's attention will not only be on me and Robert, but on the bridesmaids and the groomsmen. So please act professional." She said. "Okay. Since the wedding is on Saturday, I want all the bridesmaids at my house by nine in the morning. You all need plenty of time to prepare since the actual wedding starts at three. And all the groomsmen need to be at Robert's house at ten. Please don't be late. I do not want a rough start."

I sighed silently and looked down at the dress I was wearing. I thought I was going to look silly, but Kelly and Jenna convinced me that this dress looked amazing on me. So that boosted my confidence a little bit. It was a dark blue dress that stopped at my knees. The bottom half had lace flowers. It wasn't too girly, and I actually kind of liked it.

"Our rehearsal dinner is going to be Friday at six in the evening at my house. Everyone is invited." Anna gave us a smile.

After the rehearsal was over, I was waiting outside of the church for my mom. I was sitting on the curb rubbing my head with my hands. Once I got home, I am so taking Tylenol.

I saw Ryan walking towards me. He sat down with me on the curb and sighed. "My mom is turning into a bridezilla."

I chuckled. "She's just stressed."

"She's been going on a rampage at home and it's getting crazy." He shook his head. "I just want this wedding to be over with."

You and me both.

"So do you need a ride? Or are you just going to sit on this curb all night?" He asked me.

"My mom is picking me up." I said. "Thanks for the offer though."

We stayed quiet for a moment before I spoke up. "How did the break up go?"

Ryan groaned. "I thought I could just end things with no problem. I decided that embarrassing her wasn't right. But she brought attention to herself, like she always does."

"I heard she embarrassed herself." I commented.

Ryan nodded and chuckled. "She did. It was annoying and entertaining at the same time." I chuckled also. "The only downside it that her and her parents are going to the wedding."

Crap. I was probably going to get harassed by her once she sees me at the wedding on Saturday. "That'll be fun." I said sarcastically.

"Oh yeah. Loads of fun."

"What do you think Aiden will do during the wedding?" I asked him. I was going to ask Aiden earlier, but I didn't see him for the rest of the day.

Ryan shrugged. "I have no idea. I haven't had a conversation with him for a while now."

Aiden is shutting everyone out. I don't blame him for being so upset, but he is only hurting himself more. "Oh." I said, looking down. I heard a car pull up and saw that it was my mom.

Ryan stood up and held his hand out to me. I took it and he pulled me up with ease. "I'll see you tomorrow Ryan." I waved to him.

"Bye Riley." He gave me small smile.

I got into my mother's car and we drove back to our house.

***

I hadn't heard from Aiden in two and a half days. The last time I talked to him was in the hall on Tuesday. It is now Friday and I still haven't spoken to him.

I was now at home, getting ready for the rehearsal dinner. My mom had bought me another dress for this evening. She was going with me also, since her and Anna are good friends.

My dress was a little girlier than I would have liked it, but I wasn't going to complain out loud. My mom had pinned my hair up in a side bun, leaving a few pieces loose. She clapped when we were finished getting ready, and claimed that I should always wear makeup and dress like this.

I think otherwise.

As I was in my room, my phone started buzzing on my dresser. I glanced down at the screen and saw that Aiden was calling me.

Frowning, I answered. "Yes?"

"Hello to you too Summers." Aiden's voice rang through my ears. "It's always a pleasure hearing you sound so cheery."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh yes, I'm feeling very cheery right now."

"I'm going to ask you something, and you have to give me a good answer." He told me.

"Okay." I said slowly. "What's your question?"

I heard him take a deep breath. "Black or red?"

"Are you serious right now?" I demanded. "Why are you asking that?"

"Dead serious. Just choose now because I'm kind of in a hurry." He said.

I sighed in frustration. "Black."

"I'm glad you said that." He said then hung up. Aiden is so weird. And that's bad for me to say since I'm pretty weird.

My mom called my name from downstairs and I glanced at the clock. It was about ten 'til six. I hurried out of my room and went downstairs. I was glad I convinced my mom to let me wear flats instead of heels. I probably would have broken my ankle running down the stairs.

***

I was standing next to Kelly while she talked to one of her friends. They were talking about another girl from their school. This was really boring, but I had no one else to talk to. It was about five after six and Ryan had yet to show his face, so I couldn't talk to him.

My mom and some other ladies were surrounding Anna and talking away about the wedding. Or they could be gossiping. Or both.

I thought Anna's house was huge, but her backyard seemed bigger. There was a good size patio right when you walk outside. The backyard had been nicely landscaped.

That's when I noticed the patio door open and Ryan stepped out. He was dressed in a button up shirt and black pants. Then after him, Robert stepped outside. What surprised me was who stood behind Robert.

It was Aiden.

He was dressed in a white button up shirt that was un-tucked. A tie was hung loosely around his neck and he had on black pants. In one hand was his black leather jacket.

Strangely, I found myself not wanting to look away from him. My stomach did this weird thing and I felt like I was going to pass out. He was facing Robert who said a few words to him. Aiden nodded then turned around and started walking away. I quickly turned away and acted like I wasn't just staring at him.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and I slowly turned. Aiden smirked at me. "Hello Ms. Summers."

"Mr. Callaway." I said, feeling like I was in Pride & Prejudice. "What are you doing here?" I asked curiously.

He shrugged. "Nothing better to do on a Friday night. Not one party is being thrown." He shook his head disapprovingly.

I chuckled. "What a shame."

He gave me a once-over then looked back at my face. "You look...different."

"I know." I said, frowning at the dress. "You look different also. Why did you ask me black or red?"

"The tie color." He said, grabbing his tie. "I had a red one and a black one, but I wasn't sure which one I should pick."

"So you called me." I said slowly.

He nodded. "Very few people's opinion matter to me." He winked.

"Aiden, what are you doing here?" Kelly asked next to me.

"I had nothing better to do." He told her.

Kelly smirked. "Mmhmm. Sure..." She waved to us before leaving.

I looked back at Aiden. "So it's been a while." I told him.

"Since what?" He frowned.

"Since we last talked."

He smirked. "You missed me, didn't you?"

"I did not." I crossed my arms. "I'm just saying we haven't talked in two days."

"You missed me." He nodded. "It's okay though, because I missed you too." He nudged my arm.

Before I could even react to his comment, Anna gained everyone's attention. "The food is ready everyone! Form a line right here and come grab a plate!"

My stomach was growling at this point. I didn't snack on anything when I got home from school, and I'm really regretting that decision. I made my way to where the line was forming and stood.

Once I got my plate of food, I went and sat at one of the tables that was empty and quickly started eating. I was starving.

Aiden pulled a chair next to me and sat down. "I hope you're not mad at me anymore for ignoring you for two days." He said.

"I guess I'm not mad." I shrugged as I continued to eat.

"Oh and guess what?" He asked me. I looked at him. "I had to take three showers in a row just to get that fucking blue paint out of my hair."

"I only had to take two showers." That paint was hard to get off. I won't be using that brand of paint anymore. Once it's on, it never comes off.

"Can I get everyone's attention please?" Anna's voice rang out. "Thank you! Okay, so there are a few people who want to make a speech. So whoever wants to go first can go ahead!" Anna smiled as she sat back down next to Robert.

One of Anna's sisters stood up and made a speech about Robert and Anna. I felt Aiden tensing next to me. I knew he didn't like what she was saying about fate bringing them together.

I don't know what possessed me to do it, but I grabbed Aiden's left hand. He looked at me incredulously, obviously shocked that I was now holding his hand. I squeezed it to let him know that it was okay. He turned back to Anna's sister and continued to hold my hand.

The next person to talk was Jenna, along with Kelly. Their speech was short, but nice. It didn't drag on.

After Jenna and Kelly's speech, Ryan stood up and cleared his throat. He started off by congratulating Anna and Robert. Then he moved on to something that no one else mentioned. "Personally, I wasn't sure about you guys getting married. But then I actually got to know Robert, who is pretty cool." He smiled. "I also got to know Aiden, Robert's son."

Aiden sat forward in his chair and focused on Ryan.

"In a way, I admire Aiden." Ryan said to everyone. "He's been through a lot and he's managed to stay strong. He may look like your everyday troublesome kid, but he's not. Once you get to know him, he can be a real chill guy. And I'm glad that after tomorrow, I can call him my stepbrother."

I looked at Anna and Robert, to see their reactions. Anna looked shocked, but somewhat proud. Robert's expression was hard to read. He looked like he was going to cry, but he stayed calm.

"I've got a great family and I know it'll be even greater having Robert and Aiden around." Ryan finished. Everyone clapped as he sat down.

I glanced at Aiden who had his jaw clenched. "Are you...okay?" I asked hesitantly.

He exhaled. "I don't know if I should be happy, or fucking pissed right now."

"Why?" I asked him.

"Well, I know he lied when he said he admired me." Aiden said. "But I shouldn't be so mad because he basically just praised me in front of everybody."

I looked at Ryan who smiled at me. I smiled back at him then looked at Aiden. "You shouldn't dislike Ryan so much. I bet he has somewhat the same feelings as you do."

"How?" He asked me.

"Their dad chose to leave them Aiden." I told him, remembering Kelly's words when I asked her about her dad. "Your mom didn't choose to leave you, but their dad did. He left to have another life with another woman. I bet Ryan's hurting too."

Aiden sighed. "How did you become the person who understands everything in my life?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Why? Do you want me not to understand?" I asked him, feeling a little bit hurt.

He smirked and squeezed my hand. "I do want you to understand, because no one else will." He told me.

At that moment, I knew why my stomach felt weird when I saw Aiden walk outside earlier. I knew why I always let my guard down around him. I knew why I missed him over these two days that I didn't see him.

I had a crush on Aiden Callaway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 6.6K 36
Kiara always had her focus set on her studies and being the perfect daughter for her strict mother, but when she meets Hayden, she feels like it's fi...
1.3K 127 40
Riley Devin is just a sixteen year old girl, she isn't popular, she only has a couple friends, she's a nerd, and she has been getting over her first...
320K 9.8K 14
Jock x Nerd. Ryan is the school quarterback and is head over heels for Nathaniel Wilde the nerd. However there is a problem, Nate is straight or so...
151K 5.1K 24
We've all heard the story of the 'bad boy', but I bet you've never heard of the bad girl. Enter: Riley Dean. With a horrific history that would sca...