The Jewel of the Five Kingdoms

Bởi Pink_Lemonade167

"'There are two types of fear. The type that controls you and the type that feeds your fire.' He stands. 'Don... Xem Thêm

Anastasia Lucendent Adela
John Arthur Williams
Anastasia Lucendent Adela
John Arthur Williams
Anastasia Lucendent Adela
James Raymond Elliot
Anastasia Lucendent Adela
James Raymond Elliot
Anastasia Lucendent Adela
James Raymond Elliot
Magiano
Anastasia Lucendent Adela
James Raymond Elliot
Anastasia Lucendent Adela
James Raymond Elliot
Magiano
James Raymond Elliot
Anastasia Lucendent Adela
James Raymond Elliot
Anastasia Lucendent Adela
James Raymond Elliot
Anastasia Lucendent Adela
Epilogue- six years later...

Anastasia Lucendent Adela

2.9K 148 8
Bởi Pink_Lemonade167

For a moment, the thief's smug look disappeared. He had stopped playing his song and stood with wide eyes.

  For that split second, he looked like a very little boy. An orphan, in wonder as he sees someone like me who has everything they want.

Me, who is a roaring flame when he is only a shadow.

Before he could say anything I turned and run.

I run as fast as I can, past the houses and the stores and hoping the boy was too stunned to follow me. I could hear the thief shouting something behind me, but I didn't listen and kept running. My heart pounded wildly against my chest.

I spot the gate in the distance, and Papa Bear tied to the wooden pole where I had left him. I was almost away from the stranger's grasp. I have never wanted back into the castle so badly.

Then I feel the sudden impact around my waist as the boy tackles me to the ground. I grunt, surprised by his boldness, and role across the gravel until his strength outweighs my own. He ends up on top of me.

"How dare you! Let me go at once!" I yell, kicking with all my might and trying to get out from under him, but he was stronger and bigger than me and he easily kept my arms pinned down.

"You're the princess!" He gawks, his golden eyes round with shock.

"Um, no! Now let me go!" I yell, thrashing desperately to get lose. I was slightly stunned the boy had the boldness to tackle his future queen to the ground.

The boy shakes his head, his eyes wild with shock. "Yeah right! I'm a professional liar and I can tell when someone is untruthful! You are the princess!"

I wiggle my left arm free and slap him across the face. He was stunned for a moment, and I took the chance to roll him over.

Now I had the advantage and was on top of him and I tightened my hold on his wrist so he couldn't wiggle free.

I pin him down like he did to me, leaning all my weight into him before realizing how incredibly unladylike and awful this position was. My face flushed scarlet. He stares at me with mischief gleaming in his eyes and smiles crookedly. "I'm impressed," he commented, blowing a piece of his dark hair from his eyes.

I was about to slap him again when an idea hits me.

"You live in this village, correct?" I ask trying to put in the commanding tone my etiquette teacher taught me.

He laughs like he thought the answer was obvious. "Of course love," he says with a calm smile, but I could see the hint of fear behind his mask. He glances to his lute, which lays on the ground beside him just out of reach. As if the instrument could help him.

"If you would please let me up-" I put more weight down on his arms. "I need your help, thief." I say, trying to act like I have everything under control.

The boy groans. "I don't work for just anyone, princess." He says with a smug smile.

I wonder who he thought was a better client than the princess herself and blow a piece of hair out of my face in exasperation. I smile sweetly, but my eyes warned him that I have more power than he thinks. I see this realization fall into his eyes, and the healthy fear he possessed before returns. You're a thief," I begin. "You like money and practically anything worth value. I'm about to be queen."

I allow that sink in. When it does, he gets a mischievous grin on his face and nods.

"What's your offer, love?" He asks, cocking his eyebrow as if he were the one making a deal instead of me. I brush a strand of my long curly hair out of my face and try to look as confident as I can sitting on him. The position was quite awful, and I couldn't help but think he took pleasure in it.

"I will give you twelve hundred gold coins," I say holding my head high. The thief's eyes glow as bright as the golden coins I was offering him. "I will give you this, in return for your knowledge."

The boy laughs. "Sorry to disappoint love, but I don't have any knowledge you might seek. I didn't even stay in school long enough for them to teach me to read."

I was surprised at this, was my kingdom's education system so weak that this thief was not even in school long enough to read? I cover up my surprise at my lack of knowledge of my kingdom's education system with a smirk. "You are quiet wrong," I say straightening my spine. I take my weight off the stranger and help him up. "I want to know about my kingdoms."

He cocks his head in confusion and so I purse my lips and continue. "I have been trapped in a castle my entire life," I say clasping my hands. "Sure I have the proper training and classes, but I want to become queen truly knowing my people. You have been around all Five Kingdoms and live in the village." I stated this as a fact and the boy nodded, confirming my idea.

"For the next four weeks, during the tournament, you will teach me about the Kingdoms and the Clans from the village perspective. You will tell me all you know about the princes and show me around the village," I say crossing my arms.

The boy rubs his wrists as if my pinning him down had actually hurt and picks up his lute. He brushes dirt off of the instrument and gives me an award winning smile. Slowly, he offers his hand. "You got yourself a deal, my love."

I shake his hand and pull it away as quickly as I can. He slips the lute around his back and rubs his hands together. "What would you like to know first, princess?" He asks, I guess he was ready to answer my questions now.

I smile at him smugly, but inside I'm freaking out.

He is my ticket to the outside world!

I have my last bit of freedom before I have to get married to a arrogant prince and be stuck in the castle forever. This is my way into the world of my subjects. This is how I can truly learn their lives and how I can improve them.

With newfound confidence, I hold back my shoulders and smile. "Call me Ana," I respond with a satisfied nod. If we were going to get to know each other then him calling me my own name will be helpful. "Firstly, I would first like to know your name." I say.

The boy pauses, his hand drifts to the ring tied on a golden chain around his neck and he fiddled with it uncharacteristically nervous.

"Magiano... My name is Magiano," he said quietly, as if he was afraid telling me his name might scare me away.

"Magiano," I repeat. "I... I have heard of a thief named Magiano. They say he is a wild child. He can lure you off a cliff with the music from his lute and can steal something from you without you even feeling the wind of him passing by," I narrow my eyes. "You're him aren't you?" I ask. "That's why those men ran. They are afraid of you."

Magiano runs his fingers through his hair, shrugging casually as if this weren't an issue. "I see my reputation has gotten around the Five Kingdoms," he responds with a sheepish grin.

A sudden expression of nervousness falls over his handsome face. "You're not going to turn me in... are you?" He asks.

  For a moment he lets down his guard. His smug disposition was dropped by the fear of being turned in for his crimes.

I smile, oddly satisfied that he is afraid of my power. "No, I won't. In fact, as part of your deal I will pardon you for all your crimes... but..."

"But..." He mimics me with a curious look on his face.

"You have to tell me about yourself," I add, putting my hands on my hips happily. I was enjoying this game now that the cards are in my favor.

He laughs. "Why do you want to know about me?" He asks, a strand of his dark hair falls across his face and he blows it out of his eyes.

  "Because... You're a thief. You do whatever you want and I am always trapped in a castle learning the proper guidelines to dulling a kingdom. I want to know how you do what you do. How you steal with the ease of a gust of wind kissing your cheeks."

  Magiano purses his lips. "Why would you desire to know how I steal?" He asks cocking his head.

I smile. "Because it will give me future advise on what to look out for." If I know how they do it, I will know how to prepare. Magiano looks impressed.

"I just want to know how my people think and how to become more intelligent queen. I will know how my thieves and enemies think therefore I know how to defend myself."

  Magiano flashes a mischievous grin. "I see." I had a odd feeling that he was observing me more than he let on. Like he knew more about myself than I did.

"Meet me at this spot at five every other night," I say, praying he will stay true to his word and come.

"Of course, love," he agrees with a nod.

I turn to look at Papa Bear who anxiously paws the ground. "I must go," I say. "It is late and... and I have an important day tomorrow." I was afraid my voice betrayed my confident mask I had worked so hard to keep on, and I forced a tight smile.

"Of course princ- Ana. Of course Ana," the thief replied as he pulls his blood red hood over his head and turns to leave. He swings his lute around his shoulder and begins to play softly as he walks.

"Wait," I call, turning quickly before he can disappear into the night.

Magiano lazily faces me, cocking his eyebrow and abruptly stopping his beautiful song.

"Thank you," I say in nothing more than a whisper. "For saving my life." I know he hears it.

He smiles and I can tell the smile is real and joyful. "Thank you, love, for saving mine. I-" he stops short then clears his throat.

"They would take my life for everything I have stolen. And I can't... Well I suppose you will find out my story in time." With that final statement of vagueness and a nod, the young thief disappears into the shadows.

Papa Bear neighs. "I know this is risky, Bear," I say with a sigh. "But he is my only link to the outside world. I can learn so much about my kingdom from him." I leap swiftly into his saddle, staring at the space where Magiano has disappeared.

  "Now, let's go home," I say looking up at the large castle that sits on the hill.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

2.5K 59 21
The Selection has been narrowed down to the Elite, and Prince Ethan Noah Schreave's time to make his decision is running out. His choice must be both...
92K 3.9K 38
Change is an inescapable process, soon everything changes. This varies from weather patterns, people's thoughts and livelihoods. Precious moments th...
37 24 24
A knife in the back. A bullet through the heart. A poison in the blood. A shatter in the mind. A blow to the head. A rebellion in the streets. The wa...
1.4M 34K 40
AnnaMaria Romanoff grows up with an adoptive family, thinking that her biological parents were working class citizens of the country of Chirnova, who...