Cherished Rain

By Mauvese

(Mature due to strong language.) Juneau Roux just wants a simple life free of chaos. But when she meets a mys... More

Rain and Tears
Please Don't Die
Hello
The Stalker
Ta-Dah~
Fallen Staircase
Little Boy
Care to spare an ear?
April
9.1
Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Dear friends...
Sleep
Don't even bother
Follow the leader
Another world
Beautiful
It Doesn't End Here
Let the Wonders Begin
The Forgotten
Forever Lost
Bubbles
WhO aRe YoU?
Hello, Officer. Can I Not Help You?
Are You Confuzzled?
It's Clicking Together
Lights
It's Time
Crêpes
Join Us
Goodbye.

A Forgotten Place

238 6 0
By Mauvese

(a/n)

Juneau Roux^^

This chapter has been finalized. Thank you for your patience and please enjoy~

All eyes drew to the tardy Juneau. Her hair was a luxurious jungle; a wild tangled collection of brown ribbons. Her ceramic like face was much paler than usual.

"Juneau!" Adaleine squeaked.

"Where...."

"Why is she...?"

"Juneau, did you find your umbrella?" Cassandra suddenly asked casually.

It did surprise her as she came to the realization that she did not have her umbrella.

"No..." Juneau replied without sureness.

Then the past events of the day recollected themselves and performed a quick relapse of the horrors they had had to offer.

"No..." Juneau repeated once more. She met Cassandra's gaze with fierce eyes. "I didn't."

~~~

"Why didn't you come immediately back to class!?" Cassandra shouted with rage. It was a rhetorical statement.

"I had to see where the guy had taken Quinn, ok," Juneau replied anyway.

"This is a serious issue! You didn't find that girl Quinn! We have to make sure she's alright."

Adaleine looked frantically between the two. What to do, what to do? With desperation she squeaked.

Cassandra and Juneau peered curiously at the now-red-Adaleine.

"We can't just quarrel,"Adaleine said softly now, hands now fists and face now down. "I think we should just find Quinn and make sure she's alright."

Juneau looked to the always-stressed Cassandra. An embarrassed yet soft smile made its way to her lips.

"We're being silly. We have something we need to do," she said.

"We do." Cassandra smiled goofily in return.

And together they ventured onto school grounds.

The bell signaling the end of the school day had just rung and Juneau had already went through the short hassle of explaining -- with lies-- her mysterious absence to the utterly bedazzled teacher.

~~~

They exited and stood awed at the now nearly dry concrete ground.

"Juneau!" Adaleine squeaked cheerfully. "Hurry!"

Juneau followed the small Adaleine unknowingly.

They past this building, that building, practically every building.

They soon entered the old campus grounds; the grounds which were walked upon during the time of no men.

Cassandra and Adeleine paused before a fenced off opening.

"This is where you found yourself, correct?"

"Yes, it is."

"I know that we have to find Quinn and all, but I'm pretty sure that there's something useful we could find around here," Adaleine piped. "Cassandra and I investigated earlier while you were occupied with the teacher... gosh, this place looks so old. I didn't even know it existed!"

Adaleine's footsteps changed from rocks on wood to paper on grass as she then stepped onto the ancient and sodden, overgrown lawn.

  The once polished white fence had been dirtied by past storms -- including that day's -- and many other events of longtime past stories. 

  Wild flowers dominated the scene and thorns towered haphazardly. The three friends carefully made their way through.

Walking and kicking aside rubbish, nothing peculiar could be found.

"We should have a cleanup and beautification event here sometime soon." Adaleine stood before a nicely stacked pyramid of stained cans. A hole had been created to hold a handful of fairly sized stones.

"Juneau..." Cassandra seemed to be mesmerized by the utter nothingness of the vastness of space.

"Yes?"

Cassandra looked through the clouded shed window. UV lamination paper peeled back from the glass.

"What did you find?" Adaleine asked curiously.

"Do you know him?" Cassandra remained still.

Peering through the non laminated portion of the window, a tall boy could be seen.

....

....

"Maybe it's one of the guys who leave messes here all of the time! Let's lecture him," Adaleine began. "It's time we settle this."

"Adaleine, this problem has just popped up. And it's not a pending issue, just so you realize," Cassandra said irritatedly. "But who is he?"

The doors of the rusted old shed were shut tight with a classic lock.

"Isn't this used as a storage room?" Juneau observed.

"Perhaps for extremely useless things..."

"Hey, he's coming!" Adaleine hissed and ducked -- right into a baby thorn bush.

Her face red and lips pursed, one wouldn't be surprised to see gnaw marks emerging from the interior of her cheeks as she kept a firm bite.

"Adaleine!" Cassandra quietly cried. "Juneau, lets go. We're not going to find anything here and we need to get Adaleine to the nursery."

Just then, the lock abandoned its guard and the boy exited. How had he unlocked it from the inside?

Daniel and Juneau met eyes.

"Your umbrella," he spoke as though he'd been expecting them.

And the earth rumbled for the steepness of his voice was that great.

In his hand was Juneau's umbrella.

"Oh, my umbrella! Thank you,"Juneau breathed.

"What are you doing there? Did you fall onto the thorn bush...?" Daniel's eyes lingered on Adaleine before pulling her up with amazing strength.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine, thank you," Adaleine said sternly with a frown. A frown and saying of thanks; how ironic.

Daniel then excused himself and passed the three.

"Hold on there, bro!" Adaleine squeaked. She turned with a look of redemption. "Where's Quinn?"

Daniel turned to her with a faraway look.

"Hello?"Adaleine emphasized.

Daniel looked past the three girls and into the orange evening sky straight ahead.

"Excuse me, but my friend is asking you something," Cassandra tried politely.

Time passed.

Daniel seemed to be in a separate world.

A different place.

A different time.

"Daniel."

Juneau Roux

Tigers eyed eyes

Brown ribbons for hair

Ceramic ware skin

Juneau Roux.

Daniel looked straight at her.

"Where did you take Quinn?" Juneau now asked silently.

Daniel's face remained

neutral

as he then

simply stated:

"Who is Quinn?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 37 80
Jieun has a sorted, secretive, paradoxical and happy life with the people she trusts. Namjoon has his own set of issues, and trusts only few. Almost...
142K 5K 18
Kwon Hyorin is living the good life. She's newly graduated from university, has caring parents, and a loving boyfriend. She has anything she could ev...
2.7K 205 41
It's never been safe living in the maze of tunnels called the Spiderweb, but it's not bad. Y/n still has her closest friends Jimin, Namjoon and Jin w...
8.1K 477 27
Kim Taehyung the school popular boy was curious about the girl that claims was in the school for over a year even though he's never seen her in his e...