Elysian ☼ Gamer's Guide

By livefoliv

E.ly.sian iˈliZHən adjective of, relating to, or characteristic of heaven or paradise. "The young girl st... More

1.2
1.3
1.4
1.5
1.6
Author's Note 1.1
1.7
1.8
1.9
Author's Note 1.2
1.10
1.11
1.12
1.13
1.14
1.15
1.16
1.17
1.18
1.19
1.20
1.21
Author's Note 1.3
2.0
Notes

1.1

3.8K 46 13
By livefoliv

Gamer's Guide

W.C. 3206

    "No. That's where you're wrong Faye. You're just being a bitch"

**********

"KidFury has arrived!" The strange and unfamiliar boy yells. Suddenly he's knocked over by an upper class man.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I ask as I hurry over to him.

"Yeah I'm fine." I extend my hand out to him and he takes it. I pull the boy up to help him stand and when he did, my knees went weak. He flashes me a smile and thanks me. "Would you mind helping me find my locker?" He asks. I nod and we venture off to the locker.

**********

Conor, as I recently found out was his name, opens his locker.

"Hello!" Shouts Franklin. I roll my eyes at Franklin and put my hands on Conor's shoulders to stop him from backing into me.

"Uh... Who are you?" Asks Conor

"Franklin. Franklin Delgado. But you can call me by my gamertag: Franklin - underscore - Delgado. I'm your number one fan. I know everything about you. For example, judging by this apple core I found in your trash, you have a slight underbite. I sleep with this." Franklin finishes as he points to the apple core he is holding up.

"Conor, this is my younger brother, Franklin. He's quite possibly the most annoying person you will ever meet" I say.

"Uh-huh. I'm guessing you don't have a lot of friends, do ya?" Conor asks to Franklin

"Nope. I've been saving myself for you." He responds. Conor turns to me and lip-syncs "wow".

"I'm an e-jock too. Right now, I'm crushing a little game called, "'Balloon Animal Picnic"'. But, this first level is imposs--" Conor rolls his eyes and grabs the phone from Franklin's hands. He taps away vigorously at the screen and suddenly it chimes. He then hands the phone., with the beaten level, back to Franklin.

"I'm never washing this phone again!" Franklin gasps.

"So, listen, Franklin. I have a plan to get back on the pro tour, but I'm gonna need you to introduce me to the best gamers in school. You think you can help me out?" He asks.

"I would eat a small cactus for you, sir." Says my brother. I scoff and roll my eyes. "And you're also looking at one of the best gamers in school."

"Why would I ever need you to eat a cactus. Wait, you're saying you're the best gamer at this school?" Asks Conor.

"No no no. My sister Faye here, she's the best gamer at the school. But I'll show you the others too. Move it, jerks! Pro gamer, best friend, and older sister comin' through!" Says Franklin.

"Ha! What?" Says Conor amused.

**********

    When we get to our destination Wendell and Ashley are playing a video game.

    "Oh, is wittle Ashley hiding behind a hay bale? Too bad. 'Cause I'm packin' a flamethrower!" Says Wendell in his baby voice then getting louder. An explosion sound comes out of Wendell's phone. "Eat flame, sucka! Oh-oh. Wait. Where did you go?"

    "Oh-ho! I totally blasted your face off!" Yells Ashley in victory.

    "Fine, if that's how you wanna play." Replies Wendell.

    Conor and Franklin slowly walking up to Wendell and Ashley as to where I walk right up to Ashley and stand behind her while watching her play.

    "Nice use of that cheat code." I snort. Conor laughs and Wendell glares at him.

    "Cheat code? Cheat code? What do you know about cheat codes Faye. And who's that noob?" Asks Wendell.

    "He was on the pro tour. You're in the presence of KidFury." Says Franklin as he bows down.

    "Whoa. I'm impressed. I mean, I would be if I played "'video games!"' Says Ashley trying to cover her gaming obsession.

    "You're...literally holding a controller right now." Remarks Conor.

    "Okay, fine, Mr. C.S.I. I don't know why you're all up in my business! But, don't tell anyone I game. If the volleyball team finds out, they'll question my ability to focus, and... Why do I have fingernails?" Ashley begins but then trails off.

    "Okay, look. There's something I need to talk to you two about. Franklin, book us a lunch for four at the classiest restaurant in town." He then smiles and walks away.

**********

    "Billy the Squid's is the classiest restaurant in town?" Conor asks disgusted.

    "Sure is. Where else do you get a chip and chum bucket?" Replies Ashley dipping a chip in her chum and eating it.

    "You know what chum is, right?" Asks Conor.

    "Delicious!" Was her reply.

    "All right, guys. Here's the deal. So, Prison Escape 6 is in the streets tomorrow. If I beat it first, I'll have enough points to get back on the pro circuit. And, you'll get to be apart of something great." Says Conor changing the subject.

    "Pfft! You wanna see something great? Check this out. I've been chewing this piece of gum since fifth grade." Says Wendell.

    "How do you brush your teeth?" Conor interrogates disgustedly.

    Confused Wendell replies with "Why would I need to brush my teeth? I'm chewing gum. DUH!"

    Conor rolls his eyes but beings talking again. "Now, if I'm gonna beat this game, I'm gonna need to use your nice, healthy thumbs."

    "I'd give you my thumbs, but, how would people know if I really liked a movie?" Asks Ashely.

    "No, Ashley. He wants us to play the game for him. He's talking about cheating." Wendell says, filling in Ashley.

    "Okay, it's not cheating if we use my gamertag and I call the shots!" Conor says

    "I can't help you. I'll be busy posting my latest kick-butt Twine video around the Internet. Check this out." Says Wendell as he holds the phone up to show Conor the video of Wendell attacking a boy. I'm not sure who's more of a victim. Conor having to watch it, or the poor boy who got tackled.

    "I'll tell you what. If you help me, I'll re-post your link to my two-million fans. Huh?" Says Conor trying to negotiate. If he's bribing, what am I going to get?

    "Whoa! I just got two thousand views, and... something called a "'Like."' Says Wendell surprised.

    "Okay! So, Wendell's in" he says as he begins walking over to Ashley's and my side of the table. "Ashley?" He asks.

    "You're blackmailing me, aren't you? You'll tell the team if I don't help you!" She says worriedly.

    "I'm not blackmailing you." He says.

    "You're good. I'll do it! But, I don't know how you sleep at night."

    "And you Faye? What do you want?" Asks Conor.

    "Nothing. Because I want nothing to do with this." I say as I begin to stand and leave.

    "No no! Wait please?" He says as he grabs my wrist stopping me from leaving. "Please help me. If Franklin says you're the best gamer at school then I need you. Please Faye." He says pleadingly.

    "I'll think about it" I say with a sigh. I pull my hand from his grasp and begin walking away.

    "Well, all right! The game drops at two tomorrow, so let's duck out of class early." I hear Conor say before I walk out the doors. There's no way that they'll get out of class early. They have Mr. Spanks. Jesus Christ I guess I'm helping them. Lucky for them I'm one of Spank's favorite students. And his teachers assistant.

**********

My eyes widen as Mr. Spanks picks up a desk, then slams it down violently, smashing it.

"And, that... is why I'm the toughest teacher in this lousy school. Spent two-and-a-half seasons playing pro football for the Saskatoon Muskrats. I was the punter." Says Mr. Spanks proudly.

"Uh, the punter? I thought you said you were a real football player." Jokes Conor. What the hell is this kid doing? He's going to get him self killed.

"Get up here, son." Commands Mr. Spanks. Conor walks up to Mr. Spanks at the front of the room with a frown on his face.

"You don't think I'm tough? Kick me. Right between the uprights!" Yells Mr. Spanks.

    "Wait. Seriously?! Asks Conor worriedly.

    "I said kick me!"

    "Okay!" Yells Conor right before he kicks.

    "Weak, son! Where's your follow-through?!"

Conor kicks Mr. Spanks again, this time with more force.

    "It's good!" Says Spanks weakly.

    "Okay, this guy might be a problem." Says Conor.

**********

    "So, guys, this, is where the magic happens." Says Conor extending his hands. The only reason I came here is because Franklin bribed me thirty dollar. There's my gas money for the week.

    "Do you have any smelling salts?" Asks Franklin.
    "Nnnnnnn...no, why?" Asks Conor. Franklin suddenly begins breathing heavily and he suddenly falls back into my arms. My eyes widen and Conor looks at me worriedly.

"He's fine. But I should probably take him home" I say trying to get out of this situation with Conor.

"No. Stay. You just said he'll be fine." Conor pleads. I nod and sigh.

    "The stealth drone from Phantom Ops Three!" Yells Ashley excitedly. She jumps over Franklin's body that I'm struggling to hold.

    "Pfft! You think that's cool? I've got a twenty-gallon fish tank, and four Angelfish." Says Wendell. He is the reason why I don't hang out with Sophomores. Hell I don't even hang out with the Juniors and they're my class.

    "Can your angelfish do this?" Asks Conor as knocks down a trophy with his drone.

    "Uhh...uhh...probably. They were pretty expensive fish." Replies Wendell. As Wendell says that Franklins eyes open and he stand up from my grasp. He smiles at me as a thanks and I smile back.

    "Ooh! What's this game?" He asks as he gets distracted.

"Isn't that a label maker?" I ask

"Yeah. That's my mom's" Says Conor.

    "Well, label me impressed!" Yells Franklin. I roll my eyes because, of course he would say such a bad joke.

    "Okay, guys. Here's the plan. Since we know Mr. Spanks isn't gonna let us outta the class before the bell rings tomorrow, we have to change what time it rings. And I know a special someone that can help us do it." Says Conor as he smiles towards me.

    "He's got a fairy!" Says Ashley.

    "I wanna meet a fairy." Says Franklin.

    "Well I wanna punch a fairy!" Chimes Wendell.

"What? No. I was talking about Faye. She's Spank's teacher's assistant sixth period. She can pull the fire alarm." He says smirking at me.

"No. I'm not doing that. I could get suspended!" I say.

"Please." Begs Conor. Do not give in Faye. Conor stares at me intently with hope in his eyes and I stare back. "Fine." Says Conor giving in before me. "You don't have to do it."

**********

    I'm now sitting comfortably on Mr. Spank's swivel chair with my feet on the desk. I stand up and grab his bathroom pass and wait to head out.

    "Ashley.... you're up." Whispers Conor with a nod.

    "Um, Mr. Spanks?" Asks Ashley. He turns and points a pencil at her.

    "Would our football team win more if you were our couch?" She asks, already messing it up.

    "Coach." He corrects.

    "Coach!" She says.

    "That has nothing to do with American history. But the answer is a resounding yes! See? Problem is, our team doesn't properly utilize the punter! What a lot of people don't realize is, those who can't punt become quarterbacks."

    I stand up from my chair grabbing a blank paper and the hall pass. I begin walking to the door waving the paper in my hand, indicating to him that I need to make copies.

    "Gotta make homework copies" At this point You have two choices. Talk to Keith the janitor, or pull the fire alarm. Let's talk to Keith. I quickly sprint into the hallways until I reach Keith who was dancing away with his headphones on. Instead of interrupting all his hard work, I carefully grab the keys from his belt. I turn around and am face to face with a flying drone. Written on the side is 'Property of Conor" I smirk into the camera and shake the keys. The drone flys away and I walk to the control panel. I stick the key in it's hole and the bell is heard from the speakers. I walk back to Mr. Spanks' room with a smile on my face.

    "All right. We'll pick this up tomorrow." I heard him say.

    "Yes!" Yells Wendell. Wendell grabs Conor's controller for the drone and begins pressing buttons. The drone makes a couple of noises, letting Mr. Spanks know there's something going on.

    "Hold it! Somethin' ain't right here." Says Mr. Spanks. The door flies open nearly hitting me and I quickly dodge it. I wince and I know that it's my turn to interrupt if he finds the drone.

    "He's gonna find the drone!" Whispers Franklin.

    "Relax! He's got nothing to tie it to us! Just stay calm, and we'll get outta here, besides, I didn't use the drone for the bell, Faye got the keys." Says Conor. Mr. Spanks then walks into the classroom with the drone.

    "Looks like someone used this drone to ring the bell early. You. Ashley. With your question, you tryin' to distract me?" Here goes nothing.

    "Heya Mr. Spanks! I got the homework copies done. Boy was that a pain." I say walking into the room. I smile at him and he turns to me.

    "Well how come?" He asks forgetting about the drone in his hand. Mr. Spanks loves a good printer Story.

    "Well" I begin with a smile. I continue to lie to him until I have run out of things to say.

    "I'm so proud. It seems like you overcame such a hard task." He says wiping a tear from his eye. "Anyways. I have to deal with some bad students now. Bringing devices like this into campus. Makes me sick." Why didn't that work? He should have forgotten. Oh my god we're dead.

    "Anyways, Wendell. What's this? You two techie video gamer types are behind this!" He yells.

    "No we're not! What's a video game?" Asks Ashley looking around at the volleyball players in the class.

    "I like books." Says Wendell opening one.

    "Not buyin' it. You two, are goin' straight to detention." Says Mr. Spanks.

    "Conor! Say something!" Whispers Franklin.

    "Okay, Mr. Spanks. Here's the truth. These gamers seem like pretty shady characters." He says pointing to those three.

    "You just sold them out? What the hell?!" I yell at Conor.

    "Language Delgado" Mr. Spanks says glancing at me.

    "Frankly, I don't even want to be in the same room as them, so--" Conor begins but then I cut him off.

    "Conor shut up. Look at the name on the side of the drone Spanks." I say.

    "This thingy says, "'Property of Conor AKA Kid Furry. Labeling by Franklin Delgado!"' He reads.

    "Really Franklin?" Asks Conor.

    "You were bound to find out sooner or later. I've got a labeling problem." Says Franklin. 

    "Looks like you've all got a one-way ticket to Detention Town! Woo-woo! Now, how do you shut this thing off?" Asks Spanks.

    "Uh, I wouldn't do that." Says Conor as Mr. Spanks gets shot down by a laser.

**********

    "Why are we putting "Proudly ORGANIC" stickers on these rotten walnuts?" Asks Conor

   "Because the latte sippers at the Farmer's Market will pay twice as much for them that way. Keep crackin" Yells Mr. Spanks. "Let's go Faye" he says as he begins to walk away.

    "Is it okay if I watch my brother?" I ask

    "Good idea. Supervise them" he says then shuts the large door behind him

   "This is all because of you! You totally threw us under the bus!" Says an angry Wendell.

    "You were already under the bus. Why would I get under there with you? Hadn't the bus hurt enough people already?" Accuses Conor.

    "Whatever, dude! Thanks to you, we're stuck down here!" He yells.

    "It's called a prison." I say sarcastically.

    "Wait a minute. You're right Faye. This place is like a prison! And I've aced every version of Prison Escape there is." Says Conor

   "I'm not surprised." I say monotonously.

    "What is your problem?" Asks Conor rudely.

    "My problem? What is my problem?"

    "That's what I asked wasn't it? Or are you just deaf now."

    "My problem is that you threw all of them under the bus. I should have known you weren't trying to be our friend. You wanted us to do the dirty work for you. I pulled the alarm and tried to stop Spanks from giving you all detention. And now I'm down here with the key and we were gonna leave. But you're being a real jerk." I say

    "No. That's where you're wrong Faye. You're just being a bitch" he says harshly.

    "Thanks Conor. Thank you for that fact." I say coldly. I turn and begin to walk out the door. "Oh and here's the keys." I say as I toss them to Conor.

    "We don't need your help Faye." He says as he throws the keys down the sewage drain.

    "Fine by me. For all I care Conor, you can rot in here. Let's go Franklin." I say

    "I... I'm staying. With Conor." He says quietly.

    "He sold you out. He got you stuck in here and he's just going to use you to get him to the completion and then he's going to leave, just like mom did. And just like dad did." I say and walk away. Of course mom and dad didn't leave physically, but mentally they did. They checked out of this family years ago.

    "Let's go guys. If we bust outta here right now, we still might have enough time to beat the game" Says Conor. I slam the door as hard as I can behind me and walk away.

**********

    "Hey Faye? Can I come in?" Asks Franklin from behind the door.

    "No. Why don't you go hang out with Conor some more?" I say rudely.

    "That's not fair Faye" he says. I scoff and stand up quickly making my way to the door. I violently jerk open the door and stare down Franklin.

    "You know what's not fair? The fact that you chose someone as low as him to side with. I'm your sister. I'm the only family you have left. Mom and dad sure as hell won't ever go up to bat for you the way I do. But I guess that doesn't matter now because Conor can be your new family. Maybe at night when you get scared he'll stay up with you and watch That's So Raven reruns until six A.M. like I do. Well, like I did." I then slam the door in his face and walk back to my bed to sleep it off. Hopefully they got Conor back on the tour so I'll never have to see him again.

**********

So for any of you wondering, the lovely Hailee Steinfeld is who I picture Faye looking like. And yes I know, a lot of people use her but I really do think she is great fit for Faye. If you have any other ideas for Faye please let me know.

**********

~Unedited~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464K 10.6K 33
𝑩𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒔 || ❝This feeling was almost primal to Jared, it was a feeling that was embedded deep within him and a feeling that he had never known that...
11.5K 282 24
In this story you are called Xylie, a fifteen year old girl. You move to a new school in New Jersey where you meet the most handsome guy you've ever...
Ed By brokeland

Fanfiction

8K 259 21
Millie's life turns upside down when she meets a mental patient named Sadie #2 in Sillie August 4 2022 #1 in tantrums October 7 2022 #4 in Joe Kerry...
109K 3.4K 39
"I'll be home soon baby." Cameron Boyce finds himself smitten with Ada, a girl brought in by his mother to escape poverty and abuse. He finds himself...