His Duchess [Completed]

By shaerzam

Highest rank on romance hot list: #5. She is called The Ice Queen, due to her stoic non-readable features and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1-Rare Beauty [E] (Background info about the family)
Chapter 2-Shopping [E]
Chapter 3 The First Run-in [E]
Chapter 4-The Surprise Meeting [E]
Chapter 5-Silence [E]
Chapter 6- Curiousity [E]
Chapter 7- Closer Look [E]
Chapter 8- Meeting The Parents [E]
Chaper 9-His Desires [E]
Chapter 10- Feels So Right [E]
Chapter 11- Day dreamer [E]
Chapter 12-The King And His Queen [E]
Chapter-13 Miss Independant [E]
Chapter 14- His Kindred [E]
Chapter 15- Calm Before The Storm [E]
Chapter 16- ER [E]
Chapter 17- Hide than seek [E]
Chapter 18- Let It Go [E]
Chapter 19- Hope [E]
Chapter 20-First Kiss [E]
Chapter 21- First Date [E]
Chapter 22- Irresistible [E]
Chapter 23- Dream Catcher [E]
Chapter 24- Hard To Get [E]
Chapter 25-He's In Love [E]
Chapter 26- The Heart Wants What It Wants [E]
Chapter 27- Love [E]
Chapter 28- Surprise Part 1 [E]
Chapter 29-Surprise Part 2 [E]
Chapter 30- The Dress [E]
Chapter 31- Beginning Of A End [E]
Chapter 32-Amnesia [E]
Chapter 33- The Wedding Part 1 [E]
Chapter 34- The Wedding Part 2 [E]
Chapter 35- The Wedding Part 3 [E]
Chapter 36- Misery Loves Company [E]
Chapter 37-Worth It [E]
Chapter 38- Epiphany [E]
Chapter 39- Auction Date [E]
Chapter 40- Mystery Solved [E]
Chapter 42- Revenge [E]
Chapter 43-Ashes [E]
Chapter 44-Sealing My Fate [E]
Chapter 45- Wedding Plans [E]
Chapter 46- A Winter Wonderland [E]
Chapter 47-Pure Bliss [E]
Epilogue [E]
His Camelia-Now COMPLETED...

Chapter 41- Second Chances [E]

85.9K 3.5K 123
By shaerzam

Following the weeks that passed by after the accident, Annie remembered that day in her office. The day she regretted fighting him and pushing him away when he was pursing her, vowing if she could do it all over again she would cherish every moment.

Since the moment she met him, he had owned her heart, her body, and her soul. Nothing on this earth could have stopped what was destined.  Julien was her other missing half, the only one that could ever make her whole.

This is where she wanted to be, where she belonged, in his arms safe and cared for.  Just sensing his knowing touch soothed her tortured soul.  He patched the hole in her heart while mending the aching pain that consumed her.

This was the moment.

This was fate was giving her a second chance.

This proved they belonged together.  What more of a sign did she need?

A second chance.   A new beginning.

Pulling up weakly, she stared up at his electrifying grey-silver eyes and saw the worry in their depths. There was a fierce hope and desperation there, such a ferocious need emitted from him that she caved in, breaking down her walls once and for all.

"I've missed you so much..." She whispered achingly.

All reasonable thoughts fled his mind.  Those simple words were enough for Julien, sweeping her up against him tightly and hungrily kissed her lips desperately. He taking thrust full pulls from her like a starved man ravaging her mouth. This kiss was different, it was full of a different need, a deeper love.

His hard body came down on top of her while never breaking the kiss.  She felt his muscles strain as her hands freely roamed his back. Annie's pours all her angst and heartbreak into the kiss as her lean legs open automatically making room for him, wrapping around his waist.

Her hands dig into Julien's hair as he trails hungry kisses along her jaw, down her neck, sucking the tender skin and tasting the perfume against her racing pulse.  He nuzzles at the valley between her breasts at the low plunging V of her dress. Annie's muscles clench tightly in anticipation feeling the large bulge of his erection against the inside of her thigh.

His hands stroked her waist, caressing her thighs, sliding up her dress as it bunched along her waist. Caressing her soft silky skin, Julien gripped her bottom through her white silk underwear, pressing his growing erection against her barely covered center. He releases a groan in the back of his throat as his member tightens and bulges.

Desire pools in her center as he rubs himself against her entrance harder. Moaning in pleasure, Annie's eyes roll to the back of her head. Her panties dampen, feeling Julien's skilled fingers softly caressing her inner thigh, close to her entrance.  

Julien kissed her covered breasts feeling the buds harden under her bra. Wanting nothing more then to rip the front of her dress down the middle and have his way with her, he reluctantly stopped his ravishment, breathing hard to reign in his need.

They were too caught up in the moment to notice it was spiraling out of control.  If he did not stop now he will finish what he started without any thoughts of her well being.  Julien did not want to cause anymore damage to her person than he had already inflicted.  Only a handful of times has he taken liberties with her virtue and always stopped.  He was well aware that she would never relinquish her body before marriage and he respected her for it. 

They will finish what they have always started but never finished...soon enough.  With absolute certainty, without a shadow of a doubt, she was going to be his wife very, very soon whether she agreed willing or notHe's waited long enough. 

He kissed her parted lips softly and pulled back slightly to look down at her. Annie opened her lust filled eyes, gripping Julien's head in her small hands. "If I don't stop now, you will never forgive me later."

Pecking her lips again, and again, Julien reluctantly sat fully up, pulling her alongside him. During their passionate make-out, Annies dress twisted around her waist, leaving her sexy silky underwear exposed. Julien's gaze stayed fixed there until Annie realized what caught his attention and quickly rearranged herself, a deep blush forming on her cheeks. 

Admiring the beauty of her innocence and naiveté, he grinned, sending her a knowing wink as she looked away in embarrassment. Julien threw his head back and laughed, wrapping an arm around her, squeezing her to his side.  "Don't be shy, I'll be seeing everything soon enough..." He whispered seductively near Annie's ear. "All this innocence will be mine."  Trailing his heated gaze up and down her body. 

Her mouth hung open at his bluntness.   Narrowing his eyes down to her inviting lips, Julien pecked her open mouth, pulled her up into the crook of his arm while supporting her weight, and directed them out the bedroom towards the balcony. 

She did not know how to respond, embarrassed at his bold remarks.   Frowning to herself at the lack control she executed and feeling the lingering remains of desire circulating in her blood, she should not have let things escalate. It was the burning fuel to her lack of control on more than one occasion.    But she missed his touch, kisses, his smooth British voice so much, she gladly welcomed his lovemaking.

All Annie desperately wanted was to hold him and never let go, in fear he may disappear.  Half of her feared that this was not real, that she will awaken finding it a twisted dream.  And the other half was sucking up all his attention and love like a wilted flower soaking up water.  It had been too long.  Every time she remembered her heart involuntarily ached. 

Speechless and still too dazed, too shocked, too numb to feel real joy, it would take some time for her emotions to settle down which bounced inside in her like a game of ping pong. The only thing she was sure of, the only thing she knew she needed was him to hold her and never let go.

Julien pulled out a chair and seated her at the vast table full of food.  "A penny for your thoughts?"  He asked, raising an eyebrow while he watched her intently, removing the covers off the various dishes.  Annie blinked several times, never realizing she zoned out until he interrupted her with the same line he asked her the first time they kissed that day in his office.  It brought a soft smile to her face.

"My thoughts are going to cost you a lot more than a penny..."  Replying exactly the same way she did before, not so long ago.

Julien chuckled and nodded his head knowingly. 

"Touché."  He says with a trace of a smile. "Now let us eat." Eyeing her speculatively.

It was difficult to eat when she had no appetite. She hadn't been eating well, bits and pieces, just enough to keep her going throughout the day. Now looking down at the colorful dishes made her stomach tighten. Annie bit her lip uneasily. She caught Julien watching her with narrowed eyes.

"Is something amiss? If it is not to your liking I can have them make-"

"I can't eat all of this. It's too much, I'll become sick." Pointing to the filet minion, steamed vegetables, lobster, French fries, garlic bread and other smaller dishes scattered along the table.

"When have you eaten last?" He asked.

"A few hours ago." Annie replied in a small voice, watching the candles on the center of the table sway in the air.

"When was the last time you've eaten a full meal, Angelica?" Julien asked her in a stern voice, his eyes scanning her figure looking displeased. Julien almost never used her full name, since he said it Annie's heart raced in panic. She knew he wasn't going to like her answer.

"You're skin and bones! Why have you not been taking care of yourself?" He demanded angrily when she did not answer.

He was scolding her like a child. Annie wanted to feel annoyed but did not have the heart to disappoint him nor the energy to fight. "Most women feel better when they eat and it has the opposite effect on me. I was unhappy, and when I'm upset, food is the last thing I'll want." She explained. "So please don't worry. I promise to eat better now." 

"I want you healthy. You've lost too much weight as it is." Julien stood from his seat placing his chair next to Annie's. "I will be taking care of you from now on."

Julien, as attentive as ever, insisted he feed her, and he did just that.  After enjoying the assortment of foods, Annie settled back in her chair with a sigh, placing her hand against her stomach.  "I can't eat anymore."  She murmured with a sigh. 

Julien quirked an eyebrow saying nothing, refilling her cup with ice water.  She ate everything he offered her without complaint.   It gave him a sense of pleasure to know he was giving her substance.   He needed her back to her old self. They ate in silence, never speaking about anything specific. Annie didn't look like she was in the mood for much conversation. She still appeared to be in shock, the reality not sinking in yet.

And he understood. It all will need time.

Her eyes fluttered closed every few seconds fighting the urge to sleep.  It was what her body desperately wanted, needed, but she fought it not wanting to waste another minute without Julien.  Instead she watched him with hooded eyes as he replenished their drinks and a heavy sigh left her lips while pondering all the events of the unexpected evening. 

If it hadn't been for Duncan she did not know what may have happened.  Never in her wildest dreams did she think to find Julien waiting for her with his memories back. They had no future to speak until an hour ago.  In the end they overcame all the obstacles—before the accident, during his amnesia and afterward.

Raw and fresh in her mind, she felt the sadness inside of her spurting forth as a bout of tears began to burn behind her eyes. Closing them tightly and exhaling through her nose helped stop the fresh onslaught of tears.  It was embarrassing what a sensitive ball of emotional weakness she'd become. It had to stop, she needed to regain and build herself back, admonishing herself silently in her mind.

Quite unexpectedly, too focused on herself to notice,  a high pitched scraping noise echoed into the dark night, catching her attention.    Scooting her chair closer to his and startling her, Julien lifted her with his strong arms as if she weighed no more than a feather, and into his lap making Annie squeal in surprise.

"Tired?"  He asked, cradling her like a baby in his arms, kissing her nose and mouth.  His breath fanned her face and Annie closed her eyes in content as the sound of his heart beat against her cheek.

"Very."  She answered, snuggling closer to him. 

"Tell me what have you been doing with your time aside from avoiding me for months?" 

Annie shifted uncomfortably and frowned slightly, avoiding eye contact.  Julien was having none of it, lifting her chin with his index finger searching her face. 

"Well?"  He urged.

"Work.  I've been working non-stop for the last few months.  Trying to keep busy."  Annie answered simply.  She had nothing further to add.  It was the truth after all, what more was their to say?  Annie did not want to relive the past few months, it was the worst time of her life.

"Hmmm, did you have to work at the hospital at all?"  Julien's tone hardened slightly.  His eyes betrayed him.  It was jealousy, Annie realized.  He wanted to know about Mark.  It bothered him, thinking back to their brief conversation about Mark's interest in her. 

"Are you asking me if I worked with Mark?  Well not since the night of the accident.  Don't worry."  She responded.

Annie wondered had she contacted Mark, knowing his interest in her and using his feelings, would it have been an escape from her misery and heartache to form a relationship with him to forget Julien?  Could she have moved on? 

"That man has feelings for you."  He reminded her, confirming Annie's thoughts. 

"He's a doctor Julien, a highly intelligent, strong and caring individual.  And I know he does.  Mark is a wonderful man and if the feelings were mutual... I would have moved on..."  Her words were blunt but it was the truth.  "Had I moved on with him what would you have done?  It would have been too late."

It may be easy for many to forgive and forget but for Annie if she loved, she loved hard.  Julien was her first of many things, if there was a slight chance she had ever got over him, knowing herself it would have taken years. 

Although she forgave him, understanding he was not himself when he turned to Caitlin—deep down, it still stung like a knife twisting in her gut.  To have everything ripped away and the reason for your grief thrust in your face was not something that can be easily forgotten overnight. It was the most devastating experiences anybody could go through.

"The hell it would have!  Imagining another man touching you is unbearable.  I would never have stood for it."  He growled. 

"But I did.  I stepped back and watched you touch another.  Kiss her, no less.  What you speak of is unfair.  With your memories or not—I respected your choice.  And speaking of choices—you did have one.  I was there. You felt something for me and yet you stubbornly stayed away.  You didn't even try—"

"Duchess, I assure you had I not sent Lucas and arranged meeting you today I would have tried something else, something more evasive. It was inevitable. Being stubborn has it's limits...." Julien trailed off resting his hand on her hip squeezing her tighter against him.

You should have reached out to me sooner.  When I grew the courage to tell you, all you did was push me away. I suffered for months without you...wanting to voice out loud but held her tongue. Talking in circles will get them nowhere. It will take some time to forget. It was said time heals all wounds, Annie chided herself. Sheer will power is what will get her through the long trial she endured.

Not having the strength to argue, Annie remained silent against his chest resting her head against his heart.  "You can hear my heart beat can't you?"  He asked her and she nodded her head. "It beats only for you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me."  Kissing her forehead, Julien nuzzled his nose between her eyebrows making Annie shift and look up at him.  He pressed soft kisses to her eye lids, pecked her nose and hovered above her lips. 

The pale lipstick she once wore, faded from the repeated kisses they engaged in since her arrival.  "You're irresistible my sweetling.  I can't get enough of you.  Holding you like this isn't nearly enough." Hoisting her body on his lap closer, Julien replaced the small gap between their faces and kissed her.  Softly at first with small sensual closed mouth kisses, eventually he parted his lips coaxing her to do the same to allow him to deepen it. 

Annie clutched his neck with one arm, the other trapped between their bodies. Closing her eyes she gave into the insistent pursuit of the thrust of his tongue and demanding lips and welcomed the love and security his tender embrace offered.

Finally.
*****
Julien clasped her hand, leading her to the master suite. The door was ajar as they entered. Earlier, when Julien carried her in she did not notice anything about her surroundings, but now that she was more alert Annie stared at the king size bed against the wall with it's white sheets and fluffy pillows. Sconces hovered above two night stands that surrounded either side of the four poster bed.

Shifting to the right she spotted a flat screen television above the mahogany dresser. In the corner was a large brown leather arm chair. The carpet was taupe and velvety in texture. The walls were beige with a few scattered paintings adding decor to the large room.

Julien wrapped his hands around her middle and kissed her hair. "To your left is the bathroom. Anything you will need will be there. Take a few hours to rest, you need it." He said close to her ear.

"But I'm not tired—." Annie began to argue fighting off the fatigue.

"You can barely stand, love. Do not argue. I will stay watching over you. I'll wake you when I feel you've had enough sleep. Don't worry about your family, I will ring your father shortly. Now go rest." Julien ordered.

His tone held no room for argument.

Annie sighed but nodded. She was afraid if she slept she'll wake up finding it all a dream. "Don't leave." It was a plea rather than a request as she leaned her head back against his shoulder.

"I'll be right here when you wake up. I promise you." Squeezing her tightly and kissing the pulse against her neck and closed his eyes inhaling her familiar scent of her perfume. "Come sit for a moment while I assist you with your shoes."

Perching on the side of the bed she watched as Julien bent down on one knee and slipped off her heels. Massaging her perfectly manicured toes and the soles of her feet, Julien kept working his way up her calf. Annie was going to faint from the pleasure his touch ignited. Kissing the inside of her knee made her tremble in content.

"Do you need me to help you undress? You can't keep your beautiful blue eyes open, love."

"No, I'll be fine... " She replied tiredly and standing a little unsteadily. Taking her hand, Julien led her to the bathroom.

"I'll give a moment of privacy. Make sure to slip in between the covers before I come back in." Looking back Annie smiled watching him grin.

Entering the large marbled bathroom, Annie washed her hands and face, brushed her teeth and started to take off her dress.  Taking a deep breath she entered the bedroom holding her dress tightly, concealing the front of her body.    True to his words Julien was nowhere in sight.  Crossing the room and laying it against the arm chair in the corner, the room felt as though it was tipping beneath her feet before she reached the king size bed.

Slipping under the cold covers she pulled them up to her chin and laid back against the soft fluffy pillow closing her tired eyes.  She never heard him approach the bed until it dipped slightly from his weight. 

Julien kissed her temple as she fluttered her eyes open at the contact.  He clutched her hand.  "Sweet dreams my love."  He said watching her lose the fight to stay awake she closed her eyes peacefully.

He kept watching until her breathing slowed.  Shrugging out of his suit jacket and loosening his tie, Julien propped his elbows against his thighs. 

A heavy weight lifted off his shoulders.  A sense of peace settled over him.  He could breathe easily now that he finally won her back.    The burden of all these painful months seeped out of his body.  It was difficult but finally it was all over. 

Julien vowed to cherish the ground she walked on.  She deserved no less.  His past mistakes will forever haunt him.  The pain he put her through will forever be a anchor.  And he will forever live to make it up to her. 

A vibration pulsed against the bed, lifting him out of his deep thoughts.  Feeling for his cellular phone, Julien pulled it out and unlocked it.  A text message. 

It was Caitlin.  Again. 

He released a frustrated sigh, rolling his shoulders to elevate the tension.  The insufferable woman kept calling and messaging him since he broke things off with her.  Ignoring her was the only thing he could do. 

"Why aren't you returning my calls!?!  What happened! Talk to ME!" 
-Caitlin

Julien ran a hand down his face in exasperation.  Deleting the message like he did the others, he hoped she received the message without a response.  Caitlin was the least of his concerns.  But was she?

Julien despised the wretched woman. She had no qualities that attracted him. Caitlin was like a leech, never stopping, never leaving him be.  She was too overbearing, too forceful and a nauseating reminder of his past ill judgment.   He regretted the day he ever formed a relationship with her. 

Placing his cellular back in his jacket pocket, he stood watching Annie sleep as a rush of possessiveness coursed through his veins tensing his body.  The only important person he cared about was laying peacefully on the bed and sleeping soundly like an angel.  Protecting her from Caitlin and the entire world was his top priority, nothing else compared.

But Caitlin was still a threat.  As insistent as she was, Julien sensed she was bound to cause trouble. 

If he lost Annie again it would be his utter undoing. The dark and negative thoughts running in his head made the muscles in his arms clench and his palms fist.   It's best if she never crossed him.  He will stop at nothing if she tries to destroy what he's worked on saving.

"I just got her back, I will not lose her again."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit this was one of the hardest chapters to write for some reason.  I hope it made sense and it came together smoothly.

Thanks for the large influx of votes for the last chapter. It was one of my proudest chapters. I'm glad you all liked it. Loved the comments too!

Vote. Comment. Share

Thank you all,
Shaz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

568 48 16
Tati is all grown up and her own woman. Tabloids refer to her as the ice princess because they think she is cold hearted and because a man she loved...
410K 9.4K 50
Adelaine Matthews,a 19 year old hardworking girl with a passion for cooking and a dream to own a restaurant loses money as she pays off her mother's...
62.6K 5.3K 35
High profile sexy playboy Zayn St. James doesn't do committed relationships. He uses his notorious good looks and charm to satisfy his every whim. Ev...
446 56 11
He is from london and she is from india. He is a red flag and she is colourblind, She wanted to be a Heart surgeon and He calls himself heartless ...