Self-Control [2] (Twilight]

By Deya0302

Sequel to Eliza Cullen. Eliza Cullen now has a better control of her abilities as well as her thirst. She ca... More

Eliza's Journal: Entry # Can't Remember.
1.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.

2.

7.5K 183 16
By Deya0302

Finding Alice and Jasper wasn't so difficult. I breathed a small sigh as I walked closer to them on the hallway.

"Morning, brother. Sister" I greeted. Jasper tilted his head knowingly. "I'm okay. Just a little slip up"

"Your slip ups include blood and us moving away" Jasper smirked. My eyes rolled, looking away "You managed to control yourself which is a big thing"

Alice giggled. "You two are growing up perfectly" she stepped between the two of us, hugging us. "You're no longer babies"

Jasper tensed slightly, jaw locking in place as he stared straightforward. I followed his gaze, "We all have our moments, Ali"

Alice huffed as she followed our gaze seeing Edward and Bella walking closer. "Baby steps then"

Alice walked closer to them and Jasper side stepped closer to me. I linked an arm around his forearm, a casual restrain just in case. Like Emmett used to do to me. 

Jasper glanced at me, a bit of an irritated expression on his face momentarily. I flashed an innocent look, meeting his eyes briefly, looking away. His tense body relaxed out of surprise and I felt smug about it. Jasper scoffed, nudging me as he felt that.

"Funny" Jasper remarked unamused.

I smiled.

After a moment, Jasper nodded slightly, mostly to himself and we both walked forward to our siblings and the human.

Alice was hugging the pale and slightly panicking Bella which made me snicker under my breath. Edward flashed me a look. Jasper raised an eyebrow at me.

"Bella doesn't want to celebrate her 18th birthday" I explained calmly.

Jasper's lips twitched in amusement, "Give us a moment and she will"

I smirked.

Alice pulled away from the hug making Bella realize she had a crowd, glancing to us. Jasper offered a curt nod with a tight lipped smile. Unlike me who was already used to Bella's scent, Jasper wasn't. It was the reason why I hung back with him a few feet away from Bella so he wouldn't feel alone right now. I knew the feeling of restraint and wanting to rip people to shreds and it was an awful feeling I didn't want Jasper to go through this alone.

Bella looked down at her hands, seeing a little gift box she tried to hide, giving Alice a look, "Alice, didn't I say no gifts?"

"You did, I didn't" Alice told her, shrugging. "I've already seen you open it and guess what? You love it. Besides, you accepted Liz's gift too, you little liar"

I smiled innocently, waving slightly when they glanced at me.

Bella frowned as if betrayed making my smile grow slightly. She turned to Alice, taken back as she processed what my sister told her, "You had a vision about my birthday?"

"You ask that as if you don't know Alice at all" I replied, chuckling.

Alice pointed at me, nodding "Yup, and about the green dress Eliza will give you to your party tonight. Great color on you"

"Why am I not surprised?" Jasper murmured on my ear, smirking.

"About the dress or Alice spoiling the surprise?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

Jasper paused for a brief second before letting out a chuckle, "Both"

Bella blinked slowly, glancing between me and Alice shocked, "... My party?"

"Please?" Alice pouted, holding back a smile "It'll be fun"

Jasper tapped my arm lightly, a barely noticeable smirk playing on his lips as he stared at Bella.

"I..." Bella began a bit hesitant, slowly nodding "Guess I can deal-"

"Great!" Alice told her hurriedly, smiling brightly, hugging her again "See ya at seven!"

Alice raced off. Jasper smiled in amusement as we followed after Alice.

Bella was left confused behind momentarily until... "Wait, Jasper" Jasper and I glanced back at her, slowing down "No fair with the mood control"

Jasper's lips twitched, offering a small apologetic bow "Oh, sorry. Happy-" Bella gave him a look. I nudged his arm making him purse his lips but nothing could hide the amusement swirling on his golden eyes, "Never mind"

This time I couldn't help it. I let out a small laugh, hiding my face on his shoulder as Jasper dragged me away to find Alice.

~8~

A melody rang inside my head as I hung the dress I was preparing for Bella in a hanger on my closet. I tensed momentarily when the sudden human scent got me by surprise but immediately relaxed when I recognized it as Bella's.

Drag Bella to my room if you have to Eddy. Pretty dress waiting for her.

A minute later from them walking slowly up the stairs, I heard Edward's voice "Eliza wants you in her room"

Bella's heavy footsteps abruptly stopped.

I glanced at my door, amused.

"W-what?" Bella stuttered. 

"You heard what Alice said, didn't you?" Edward asked amused. I smirked to myself. "Liz's waiting for you right now"

I tilted my head at the human's hesitation before she sighed, "Why is Eliza being like this? I didn't picture her liking doing all of this like Alice does"

Edward hesitated. Go ahead, pretty boy. "Um.. It's complicated, like I told you before, this would be our first birthday party for a while"

"Yes, I know" Bella said, still hesitant. "What I meant was her behavior towards me. At first, she was distant like Jasper is right now but now... She's not"

Edward sighed. "Her gifts don't work with you" I pursed my lips, staring at my reflection as I straightened my hair. I listened quietly, having always liked to hear what the others of the family thought about me. Specially Jasper and Edward, the ones who best understood me. "Have you seen the way she still avoids eye contact with all of us when she's talking? She used to speak to us little to anything at all before we met you"

"I noticed" Bella said softly. I mentally placed them at the top of the stairs, close to Edward's room, at the other end of the hallway opposite of my room. I mentally thanked Edward he hadn't spoken just outside my door.

"She doesn't want to compel us or that's her excuse for the small communication she maintains with us" Edward explained. "Because you're able to resist her compulsion, the only one since she changed by the way, instead of watching out what to say to you, she focuses on not feeding from you"

Bella's shock was notorious as she spoke, "You're telling me she can accidentally use her gifts by talking and making eye contact? No wonder she keeps her distance. She protects you from herself"

"Exactly" Edward said, the smile was present in his voice as Bella easily understood the way I was. "She's felt dangerous her entire immortal life because of that. You resisting her abilites and therefore able to control herself around you has made her see herself not that dangerous. You're a friend she knows she won't accidentally hurt"

"I didn't know that" Bella told him quietly.

There was a moment of silence before they started to walk to my room. I blinked twice, lowering my straightener, taking a deep breath when Bella's scent became a bit stronger.

"Bella, I'll just ask something from you. Eliza's stubborn" Edward broke their silence. I rolled my eyes. "But she's my sister and I really care about her. We all do and we don't want for her to return back to the shell she was, not talking to us" I lowered my eyes, knowing Edward was aware I was listening. "Be nice to her. I can see you two are good friends and Liz may not say it out loud but I know she appreciates it"

Screw you too, brother.

I chuckled silently. Edward chuckled as well. Bella made a sound of confusion but wasn't able to voice it out loud when Edward opened the door. 

"If it isn't my favorite human and my less favorite sibling" I greeted them with a playful smile.

"Love you too, Liz" Edward greeted sarcastically, gesturing at Bella to walk inside.

Bella hesitantly did so, her curious eyes looking around my room.

Instinctively, I took a step back, visibly tensing, glancing at Edward. Edward reached out a hand to Bella making her stop and look at him curiously. I took that moment to take an unnecessary deep breath, loosing the tension on my muscles, briefly closing my eyes in relief. Yeah, I was good.

"Hope those aren't judgy eyes" I chuckled making Bella look back at me. I gestured at the bed in the corner of my room, "I like reading laying down" and also pretend I can take a few naps.

Edward hid a chuckle with a cough, looking innocent at my glare.

"I wasn't" Bella reassured.

Edward gave her small smile with puppy love eyes.

I nodded with a slight smile, realizing Edward wasn't moving, clearing my throat, giving Edward a pointed look.

Edward blinked, suddenly remembering why they were here, "Ah, right" Bella's lips twitched in amusement as she glanced at me. I winked playfully at her, turning to Edward, raising my eyebrows. Shoo, brother. "I'll let you alone ladies, Bella if you need me or if Liz scares you just scream, that'll make her let you go"

I rolled my eyes, not looking at him directly but to his forehead "Oh yeah. Don't listen to him Bella, you'll be okay with me, he's just jealous because I'll see you in that dress physically first than him"

Edward chuckled shaking his head "Wherever you say"

Edward walked out, closing the door.

I looked at Bella who looked between me and the door with a small smile.

I turned my back on her, picking up the dress, showing it to her, "So, what'd you think?" 

Bella walked closer, touching the soft fabric of the green dress delicately, breath hitching slightly as she admired it, looking up at me. "It's beautiful"

"Go on" I encouraged, stepping back. Bella held it up to her body, turning to my mirror. "The closet is a walk through, courtesy of Alice and her ridiculous love for each day's outfits. You can change there"

Bella chuckled amused as she walked inside my closet to change. I took the opportunity to put on my dress too in time record - well, using vamp speed - and was fixing back my hair when Bella walked out of my closet wearing the dress.

I clapped slightly my hands, "Edward won't be able to take his eyes off you" I gushed as Bella admired herself on the mirror with a small gasp, blushing at my words. The sudden rush of blood to her cheeks made me hitch a breath in my throat which she noticed but she didn't step back nor looked afraid. She just waited patiently with a small embarrassed smile. "He told me that you don't use make up, right?" I continued as if nothing happened. Bella shook her head, mouthing the word 'no' in slight panic. I laughed amused, "Hey, easy. I'm not going to assault you with a lipstick"

Bella breathed out a small chuckle.

She's ready, you can come for her.

A second later, Edward opened the door, a smile appeared in his face as he looked at Bella lovingly "You look amazing"

"She looks gorgeous" I corrected, giving him a look. Edward raised a hand in surrender as he reached out to grab Bella's hand gently. "Now get..." I paused, knowing that would have sounded like compulsion. "See you downstairs. I am supposed to help Esme with the snacks"

"Liz" Edward chuckled warningly.

I smirked in amusement, walking past them, leaving them alone making my way to the kitchen to find mom. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

754K 15.7K 16
Book One in the Alex Swan Series __________ Edited Previously: The Life of Alexandria Swan __________ What if in the twilight saga, Bella had a sist...
582K 13.6K 45
Genesis Swan is the elder sister of Bella Swan. She and her sister move in with their father after their mother Renee and her new husband go off arou...
120K 2.6K 23
Sequel to The Reborn Cullen 'Keep Katherine out of this' - Jacob Black She hated that she loved him, after all that he did. All she wanted was him a...
357K 7.6K 29
||Book one in The Protectors Series ||Twilight ||COMPLETED: October 3, 2017 CURRENTLY BEING EDITED. ❝Seventeen, running from innocence, like it's a...