Mate of the Werewolf (boyxboy)

By MelyssaAmethyst

{Yaoi/Slash/BoyxBoy/MxM/LGBT} Being a werewolf was hard enough, especially with a sister, Camellia, who is ab... More

Mate of the Werewolf
Mate of the Werewolf: Into the Wolf's Den
Mate of the Werewolf: The Scent of the Night Wolf
Mate of the Werewolf - Conversing with the Charming Wolf
Mate of the Werewolf - In Search of the White Wolf
Mate of the Werewolf - Gaining a Wolf's Curiosity
Mate of the Werewolf - The Bronze Wolf and the Shade Wolf
Mate of the Werewolf - Wolf In Shining Armour
Mate of the Werewolf - The Big Bad Wolf
Mate of the Werewolf - A Werewolf's Fate
Mate of the Werewolf - Clash of the Alpha Wolves
Mate of the Werewolf - A Wolf Pack Sticks Together

Mate of the Werewolf - Last Wolf Standing

47.5K 1.3K 97
By MelyssaAmethyst

AN: Second last chapter. Yes, the next chapter will be the last. Thanks so much to everyone who commented, voted, liked and added this story to their library. I hope you’ll enjoy this chapter as well.

And no, I’m not sorry for the previous cliff-hanger~ <3

-

Chapter 12: Last Wolf Standing

“Chance!” Ethan called out in relief as he immediately made his way to his mate’s side. But his relief soon turned to concern when Chance grunted and fell onto the ground, kicking up a small cloud of dust by doing so. Vicious bite marks and tears of canine nails littered Chance’s bulky form, his fur matting together from the blood, seemingly both his and his opponent’s.

“Do you feel light-headed or dizzy?” Ethan immediately asked, falling into his medical training side of his personality. “Do you feel feverish at all? Any numbness? What about-?”

“I’m...alright,” Chance said as a statement of reassurance, lifting his head to give Ethan a tender look.

However, there was a slight hesitation and Ethan didn’t quite believe him. He continued to run a train gaze over his mate’s form, trying his best to evaluate which wounds could be more serious than another. But even though his eyes were well adjusted to the night darkness around them, the first morning rays not far away, he couldn’t properly assess Chance’s injuries out in the open like this.

With a sigh, Ethan pressed his head against Chance, unconcerned of the blood staining his white fur. He just needed to feel that Chance was alive and still with him. After just losing his sister, the only other person he had ever known for such a long time, he couldn’t bear to lose Chance too.

Taking a moment to reassure and comfort one another, Ethan finally pulled away momentarily to turn to the other two accompanying wolves and he noticed that Ross was cautiously edging his way toward Raven’s body. Myles was lingering far in the background, his ears folded back in a sign of fear.

“Ross?” he questioned. “Is he...?” he then paused, seemingly unable to finish his query.

Ethan, too, found a lump in his throat. “Is he dead?” he finally asked, everyone turning their attention to the Shaded Wolf.

Ross edged closer to his former Alpha, lifting his right front paw to touch the black and red wolf quickly with an investigating poke, before leaping back onto his haunches, ready for battle if necessary.

Everyone stilled, tensed for what could happen next.

But nothing happened.

So, Ross ventured close again, his ears twitching and his noise sniffing upon the air. This time he lost a bit of his caution and lowered his head to quietly nudge Raven with his nose. Still no movement so he nudged a little harder.

Still nothing.

Turning his head, Ross lowered his ear to hover an inch or so above Raven’s chest and everyone held their breathes, waiting.

“...Yeah,” Ross finally said, bowing his head slightly in a sign of respect before turning around and trotting away from the unmoving wolf. “He’s dead.”

Although guilty that another life had been taken this night, there was also a sense of relief.

“It’s over,” Chance said what was on everyone else’s mind and turned his eyes to Ethan again. “You’re safe now.”

“I’m sorry,” Ethan apologized softly in reply, once again nuzzling his head against Chance’s affectionately. “This is all my fault.”

“No, you are not to blame,” Chance immediately disputed, lifting his head sharply, making Ethan look into his eyes. “Ethan, look at me; none of this is your fault.”

“I’m so glad that you’re alright,” Ethan whispered as he lowered himself onto the ground beside him, nuzzling his head under his mate’s. “I didn’t want to lose you too.”

Chance rested his head on top of Ethan’s sighing heavily as he did so, showing his mate subtly how tired he truly was without meaning to. “I would never leave my mate so easily.”

“Not after searching for me for three years, you won’t,” Ethan said, jokingly.

“Heh,” Chance said around a half-smirk.

A forced cough quickly brought the two of them back into reality of the situation and Chance lifted his head, turning his attention at the other two wolves with them; Ross and Myles.

“Um...” Ross appeared as if he wanted to say something, probably to apologize for his previous actions, but didn’t know what to say.

So Chance cut him off. “You’re free from Raven now,” he said simply.

Myles’s shoulders slumped ever-so slightly from relief and he smiled softly. “Thank you...Alpha.”

“That’s right,” Ethan said as he pushed himself up to sit on his back legs, remembering his previous conversation with Myles and Ross. “You’re Alpha of your pack again.”

At first, Chance was silent before another small smile appeared on his canine lips. “...I guess so.”

“I’m sure your father will be proud of you,” Ethan said as he licked him tenderly on the side of his face before pulling back and giving him a tender smile. “I know I am.”

“You’re right,” Chance said as he made the motion to stand up on all his four legs. But before he could reach his full and impressive height, he collapsed onto the ground again, letting out a grunt of pain. “Ugh.”

“Try not to move around too much or you’ll cause more damage,” Ethan immediately commanded, his medical instincts kicking in once again. He then lowered himself by Chance’s side in an attempt to aide him in his movements. “Here, we need to get back home so I can clean your wounds.”

Carefully, he helped Chance to stand up, his mate trying his best to do it himself, but was forced to rely heavily on him. With Chance being a much larger wolf than he is, even as a human, he won’t be able to carry Chance on his own.

So, he turned to his two new wolf companions. “Can you two help me?”

“Right,” Ross said as he immediately made his way to aid Chance from his other side. “Lean against me, Alpha.”

And then, carefully, Ethan led his mate and wolf-pack members back to his place.

The night was over now. They now have a time to rest - peacefully.

---

Throwing a bloody paper towel over his shoulder and into the waste bin that was filled to the brim with other discarded tissues, Ethan breathed a sigh. He was both tired and relieved. He had just finished cleaning Chance’s wounds, his mate returning to his human form without Ethan’s approval as he knew it would be painful for him to do so.

But, as Chance readily pointed out, it would be a lot easier for him to bandage his injuries.

“That will take care of your injuries for now,” Ethan said as he moved to sit on the edge of his bed, Chance resting peacefully against the pillows. He had helped Chance into his room as soon as they got home, for in his room was his first aid supply, something he always managed to keep hidden from his destructive sister.

...Not that he had to do that anymore.

Hiding a wince, Ethan scooted further up the bed so he was leaning back against the head board, allowing Chance to rest his head on his knees as he soothingly ran his fingers through his midnight coloured hair. The curtains for his windows were drawn shut, blocking out the sun and from what Ethan could tell, it was about midday now.

Myles and Ross were still with them, but were currently occupying another part of his home. Hopefully they were in the kitchen, getting something to eat. They’ve been through a lot as well.

Perhaps he could get Chance something to eat. After he gets some much needed rest, of course.

“But you still need plenty of rest,” Ethan added, silently pleading with his mate not to try to put any further strain on his healing body.

Chance closed his eyes and drew in a deep breath, the drama of the night now past taking their toll. “I am sorry that your sister wasn’t able to be saved,” he said gently.

Ethan, too, was sorry that she had to leave this world in such a violent manner.

“She never used to be like that,” he said as he continued to run his fingers through Chance’s hair, offering him comfort as well as giving him reassurance that Chance was still with him. “But, in a way, I knew that one day something like this would happen. She...my real sister died a long time ago.”

Chance gently took his other hand in his and kissed his palm softly, apologetically. “I am sorry. Raven had once been a kind soul, himself. I can’t comprehend what could have happened. Maybe, I had-”

“Don’t. It’s not your fault, we’re just victims of circumstance, I suppose,” Ethan said, smiling softly when he felt a sense of irony that he was saying the exact same words Chance had offered to him countless times before. But then his smile wavered a little. “If you weren’t here, I’d hate to think what would have happened.”

Chance kissed his palm again before placing equally soft kisses against his wrist. “The life of a Werewolf isn’t as simple as it seems.”

“No,” Ethan said with a small amount of acceptance. “But then again, life in general isn’t simple.”

“That is true,” Chance said as he entwined his fingers within his, locking their hands together. He then tugged lightly on their joined hands, signalling to Ethan that he wanted him to come closer.

And Ethan gladly did so, bending forward to gently nudge his lips against Chance’s, kissing slowly, passionately. Their lips glided over the others, caressing and attentive.

Ethan wasn’t aware of how long they’ve been kissing but he was certain it would have been longer in time hadn’t they suddenly heard a forced cough, much like the one they heard earlier that morning and pulled apart.

“Um, knock, knock?” Ross murmured as he stood on the threshold into Ethan’s room, looking uncertain and a little bit edgy.

“Oh, come in,” Ethan said as he made no attempt to move from his position on his bed, allowing Chance to rest comfortably against his knees. “Is there something wrong?”

Ross still looked hesitant and unsure as he took a couple tentative steps into the room. “I know it’s wrong to ask something of Alpha’s mate, but-”

“Under Raven’s rule, perhaps,” Chance cut him off, opening one of his eyes to peer up at his pack mate. “But as you can see, my mate is capable of making his own decisions.”

The tension from Ross’s shoulders relaxed a little when Ethan shot Chance an amused look.

Ok, so he might have barked out some orders to Ross and Myles to help with Chance’s injuries. He does tend to become the ‘medic’ in stressful situations like they had just been in.

“Right,” Ross said, also looking somewhat amused.

Blushing lightly, Ethan coughed and abruptly changed the subject. “What can I help you with?”

The amusement Ross held was quickly lost and he turned a slightly pleading gaze upon Ethan. “I was wondering if you could take a look at Myles for me.”

“Myles?”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 353 24
Part 3 (MxM) The story continues. Something is coming to the Lunar River region. While Kristofer, Atlas, Cassius, and the others try to figure out wh...
274K 9.4K 16
(BoyXBoy) Wyatt, has to go on a camping trip with his best friend Rory. He doesn't want to go, but for the sake of Rory's manhood he has resigned hi...
372 8 2
He'd been waiting for his mate for a long time. but when he finally finds them, there is a past that has to be over come. Can a beta werewolf be pati...
695K 30.9K 31
Micah wanted nothing but to finish the last year of highschool so that he could take his father's place as Alpha. What happens when he finds out that...