Mate of the Werewolf - The Big Bad Wolf

AN: I know some of you may have been expecting a love scene in this chapter, and believe me, I tried to up the rating to write a ‘lemon’ between Chance and Ethan, but no matter what I wrote, it just didn’t feel right. I didn’t want to make a half-hearted effort as that would be cheating my readers, in a sense. So, I opted to skip it this time.

Anyway, thank so much again to everyone who has commented and voted on my story so far <3I hope you’ll enjoy this chapter as well.

--------

Chapter 9: The Big Bad Wolf

A young man, about 28 years in age appearance wise with vibrant red hair and equally sharp red eyes, sat upon a structure made of stone, the seat in the shape of a throne. He drummed his finger irritably upon the arm of his throne, his foot tapping with equally annoyance, the sounds echoing through the large building like a ticking of a clock.

This place was once a mansion, one of the most prestigious in the land, and now one of the feared as it was the strong-hold of a powerful Werewolf pack.

And the Alpha wolf of this land, the great Raven stared down at a pair of younger males, one with ashy coloured hair and the other a soft brown with utter contempt. They stood before him, their expression and postures fearful and highly apprehensive, their clothes hasty arranged upon their persons. Surrounding them were the other members of their pack, all in their wolf forms, their canine feet scrambling against the floor as they murmur amongst themselves.

“So, tell me, Ross and Myles” Raven said through gritted teeth, his red eyes narrowing fearsomely. “You failed to convince this White Wolf, did you?”

The boy with dark hair meekly took a step back, knowing all too well that his failure will lead to severe punishment. Raven was a powerful and fearsome wolf and one of the things he hated most was those who could not follow a simple order.

“It wasn’t really our fault,” Ross murmured pitifully.

“Not your fault?” Raven repeated as he pushed to stand upon his feet, his tall and intimidating human frame shadowing the two. That reply only increased Raven’s irritation; the second thing he hated most were those in denial of their failures.

“Then whose fault is it?” he asked as he stepped closer, allowing his fearsome gaze to fall over the form of his companion, a leer taking place upon his face.

Myles, the Bronze wolf, was quite beautiful in his human form. His body was slender, petite even, his eyes a light grey and his skin, a light tan. Oh, how he would find great pleasure in punishing him.

“His fault, then?” Raven asked as he continued to run a predatory gaze upon the youth before him, almost licking his lips in anticipation. He hasn’t had the chance to punish this one yet, so it should prove entertaining.

Myles ducked his head and nibbled on his bottom lip. “Ah, well...”

“No!” Ross immediately defended, grabbing Myles by the upper arm to push behind him, boldly placing himself between the two of them. “He didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Didn’t do anything wrong?” Raven sneered, his eyes narrowing further with disgust from Ross’ disrespect toward him. The other male was taller than his companion by a foot, he too quite stunning in appearance; his lanky frame, his messy dark hair and his wild eyes. He, too, should prove an enjoyment to discipline.

“Well, failing to bring the White Wolf to me is classed as wrong, isn’t it?” Raven asked with a highly patronising tone.

“As I said, it’s not our fault,” Ross retorted slightly fearful and yet somewhat bold at the same time, making sure that Myles was still safely behind him, shielding him with his own body. “He’s the Night Wolf’s mate. He interfered in our mission.”