Outcasts [PUBLISHED]

By The_Dreamer_10

PUBLISHED! Now available on Amazon, and Kindle Unlimited! Shy, quiet, Riley Summers' life is changed once she... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six-Blondes. Blondes Everywhere.
Seven-A Real Friend
Eight-Where's Aiden?
Nine-The Party
Ten-Outcasts
Eleven-Movie Marathon
Twelve-My New Best Friend
Thirteen-The Real Aiden
Fourteen-Nerd Girl
Fifteen-Photographs
Sixteen-Vandalism is Bad
Seventeen-The Real Riley
Nineteen-Rehearsals
Twenty-The Wedding Day
Trust me...its not over!
Announcement: The Greatest Of All Time!!!
FREE GOODIES JUST FOR OUTCASTS!
Want a secret chapter?
IT'S HERE!!!!!
Just Checking In!
Message from the Author
Almost Three Months In!
6 Months!!
Thinking About You!
Bookmas!!
What a Year!
Book Birthday!
June 21, 2012
Addressing Some Issues
RELAUNCH COMING
NEW COVER

Eighteen-Paint and...what?

824K 17.4K 5K
By The_Dreamer_10

"I'm bored." Aiden said for about the thousandth time since he got here.

I rubbed my face. "I told you, you don't have to stay here."

Aiden was sprawled out on the couch in the living room. We had been watching TV but Aiden kept on complaining how boring it was just sitting here. For the record, The Big Bang Theory is not boring.

Aiden sat up suddenly with a huge grin on his face. "I know what we can do."

I squinted at him. "What?"

"Get dressed. We're going out." He said, standing up.

"Whoa, whoa." I stood up also. "Tell me what we're doing first."

He smiled. "It's a surprise. Just go get dressed, but not in anything fancy."

I rolled my eyes as I made my way to the stairs. "Oh yeah, because I dress fancy all the time."

I ran up to my room and shut my door, locking it of course. I brought out a pair of jeans and my black Metallica shirt. I quickly put those on then grabbed my old converse. I brushed my teeth in the bathroom then ran a brush through my hair. I picked up my phone from my bed and made my way back downstairs.

Aiden was sitting by the door and was on his phone. He looked up at me. "I'm glad you're not one of those girls who take forever getting ready." He stood up. "Nice shirt."

"Thanks." I said. I looked down at my phone. "Are we going to leave now? Because my mom gets off at five and I want to be home before her."

"It's only two o'clock Riley." Aiden chuckled. "We have plenty of time." He opened the front door and we both walked out. Aiden handed me my key and I locked the door. I put the key in my pocket as we walked towards Alex's car.

We got in and were on our way to...wherever Aiden was taking me.

"We'll need to stop at the dollar store for some things." Aiden said. "It won't be a lot."

I was really curious to see where we were going. And also why we needed things for this idea of his.

Soon enough we pulled into the parking lot of the nearest dollar store. I started unbuckling when Aiden put his hand over mine. I looked at him, confused.

"I'm going in by myself." He said to me. "I'll be right back."

I sat back in my chair as Aiden opened his door. "This is so unfair."

"Life is unfair!" He exclaimed as he shut the door.

About five agonizing minutes later, he came out of the store with two bags in his hands. He opened the driver's door and set the bags on my lap. I peeked in the two bags then looked at Aiden skeptically. "Aiden," I said calmly. "Why are there two boxes of condoms in one bag and three bottles of paint in the other bag?"

He started to laugh. "Well, the paint is for us. The condoms are for my use."

"Aiden!" I exclaimed.

"I'm just kidding!" He continued to laugh. "We're going to use the condoms also. But no for the purpose you think."

Condoms and paint. I don't have any idea what he wants to do with all of this.

"You should have seen the lady's face when I put the condoms on the counter." He smirked. "I just told her it was an emergency."

I started to laugh at him. I can only imagine what her face looked like. "That might've been the wrong thing to say."

He shrugged. "I don't know her, so why should I care what she thinks?"

He has a point. "So, now do you mind telling me what we're doing with condoms and paint?"

"Okay." He said smiling. "I was originally planning on using water balloons instead. But there weren't any water balloons, so I had to settle for the condoms. So what we'll do it fill the condoms with paint and drop them on people's heads from the top of a building."

My jaw dropped. "I can't do that! Do you have any idea how mad people will be when they get covered in paint??"

Aiden sighed. "If we don't do that, then our other option is to throw the paint filled condoms at each other in the park."

I thought about this. "But I already showered today."

"It's one or the other."

I bit my lip. Maybe I should be more spontaneous. "Um, why don't we do both?" I suggested, still a little bit unsure.

Aiden's smile grew. "Okay. We have to drop two paint filled condoms each on someone. Then we'll head to the park and throw them at each other. Deal?" He held out his hand.

I stared at it for a moment. I covered my eyes with one hand and shook his hand with the other. "Deal."

***

We walked through the entrance of an old building. I glanced around once we were inside.

"Where are we exactly?" I asked Aiden slowly.

"We are in my uncle's old store. He died a few years ago and now this building just kind of sits here. I usually go up to the roof top and hang out." Aiden said matter-of-factly.

I looked around nervously. My hands were shaking as we made our way up the stairs. I took each step carefully, making sure I don't trip and fall. We made it to the top, which held a door that said exit in big letters. Aiden opened the door, letting the cool air hit us. We stepped onto the roof top and I let out a sigh. I have to say, the view up here was pretty nice.

Aiden set the two grocery bags on a small table nearby and took out the boxes of condoms and bottles of paint. "Let's take out the condoms and start filling them with the paint." He told me.

I grabbed a box of condoms and a blue paint bottle. "Two each right?"

"Well, I might throw more than two. But yeah." He nodded.

I opened one of the condom packages and shook my head. I can't believe I was going through with this. I started to fill the first condom with the blue paint. I couldn't help but laugh while filling it up. "This is absolutely ridiculous."

"But it will be ridiculously hilarious." Aiden chuckled.

We both finished filling up out first ones and I looked at Aiden. He had an evil grin spread across his face. "Let's do this."

We walked to the edge of the building. I glanced down at the ground below us and noticed a few people walking along the sidewalk.

"So are we going to aim or-"

Aiden tossed the first one over the ledge and leaned over before I could finish asking him my question. We heard a splatter noise from below then an angry voice, "What the hell??"

Aiden leaned back and started laughing. I peeked over the edge and saw the guy covered in the red paint Aiden had filled his up with. I giggled at the sight below me. Aiden looked at me then. "Your turn Summers."

I took a deep breath and launched mine over the edge without aiming. We heard another splatter. I peered over the ledge and saw a kid covered in my blue paint. He looked up and saw me. "Hey!" He screamed.

I leaned back and Aiden and I started to laugh. I didn't think this was going to be fun, but it actually was.

That's how we spent our time on the roof. We ended up throwing about five each over the edge of the building. We were now on our way to the park with our already paint filled condoms to have our war.

"You look nervous." Aiden chuckled at me.

I rubbed my hands together. "I'm just not sure how I feel about getting condoms filled with paint thrown at me."

"It'll be fun. I promise."

Aiden parked the car in the small parking lot and we both got out. We had packed a bag with the condoms, so Aiden grabbed that bag from the backseat. We walked towards a small secluded area. Aiden gently set down the bag and looked at me.

"Ready?" He asked, grinning from ear to ear.

"Sure." I nodded. Aiden grabbed a few from the bag and set them by his side. I then reached inside and started to grab a few.

That's when something hit me and my arm instantly felt wet and sticky.

I gasped and looked at my arm which was covered in red paint. I looked at Aiden who had an evil smirk on his face. I reached down and grabbed the nearest one to me and threw it at Aiden. I hit him right in his stomach, turning his shirt blue.

"Remind me to never use this brand of condoms. They break easily." Aiden chuckled. I rolled my eyes then threw another at him.

And so our war began.

***

We arrived at my house at exactly four thirty. The paint had dried on mine and Aiden's skin, making me feel all stiff. We were covered in red, blue, and green paint, which when combined was the ugliest color I've ever seen.

Aiden sighed next to me. "Well, this was a fun afternoon."

"I agree." I nodded. I opened the car door and started to get out.

"I'll walk you to the door." Aiden said suddenly.

We made our way up to my front door and I pulled out my key. "Don't even try to take my key Aiden. I will hurt you if you do." I threatened him.

"I'm not afraid of you Riley." He said, sounding amused. He stood directly behind me as I tried to insert the key into the lock. "You should be afraid of me." He whispered into my ear.

My breath caught in my throat from how close he was to me. I felt his hands settle on my waist, giving me goosebumps. He turned me around so I was facing him. Instead of focusing on the paint that covered his face, I just stared into his eyes. "Do I scare you?" He asked quietly.

"Sometimes." I breathed.

He smirked and leaned closer to me. My back pressed against the door while both his hands rested on the door besides my head. I was trapped between his arms. He leaned a little closer and my eyes fluttered closed. His lips gently pressed against my cheek and lingered there for a minute. My eyes popped open to see him smirking still.

He pulled away and gave me a smile. "See you tomorrow Riley."

I felt my face heat up from what just happened. I quickly turned around and unlocked my front door. Once I made it inside, I leaned against the door and touched my cheek.

He kissed my cheek.

Once again, I let him get close to me and I let my guard down. That's the third time he's done it. I felt weak and defenseless.

I stomped up to my room so I could take another shower. I had to hide the evidence that I ever left the house. Otherwise, I would hear it from my mother.

***

I was hesitant when I walked into the school's main building. I kept my head down as I weaved my way around everyone. No one was really paying attention to me, so I took this as a good sign. I walked to my locker with no problem.

As I opened my locker, I felt a presence near me. I looked over and saw Ryan standing next to me with his arms crossed.

"Yes?" I asked after he didn't say anything.

"So you left yesterday?" He questioned.

I looked back at my locker. "Obviously."

"And it was because of Nicole right?"

"Listen Ryan, it's okay-"

He stepped closer to me. "No, it isn't okay. I had no idea she hurt your feelings until I heard her talking about you after school. I was going to break up with her right there, but I figured I'd wait."

I faced him. "Why? This doesn't concern you Ryan. I can handle myself."

"Oh really?" He asked. "If you could handle it, then you wouldn't have left yesterday."

"So what are you going to do? Just break up with her?" I asked him. I didn't need his help. I was fine.

He ran a hand through his hair. "Yes. But I'm going to do it in front of everyone at lunch."

"Well, let me know how that goes. I'll be in the library during that time." I said as I shut my locker.

"So what did you do yesterday? I know Aiden left, but did he go see you?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"What did you guys do?"

"Um..." I trailed off. "We played with paint."

He rose his eyebrow. "You...played with paint."

I sighed. "Ask Aiden. I'm sure he'll tell you the whole story."

"Hey, are you ready for the rehearsal tonight at the church?" He questioned.

Oh crap. I keep forgetting about this wedding stuff that I need to go to. I should be more responsible about this. "Uh, sure I am." I gave him a small smile.

He chuckled. He probably knows that I'm lying about that. "Well, just wear a nice dress or something. We're just going to go over how everything will play out. Okay?"

"Okay." I nodded.

Ryan gave me a smile before walking away. I took a deep breath as I started to walk in the opposite direction to my first class. I internally groaned when I remembered that I'll have a ton of makeup work to complete since I missed yesterday.

What a fun afternoon I'll have!

Not.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 59.1K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
263K 7.3K 29
|| Highest Rank - #40 in Teen Fiction (4-20-17) || [previously called The Bad Boys Nerd] [previously called Broken Love] {first story, so it's rough}...
133K 6.6K 36
Kiara always had her focus set on her studies and being the perfect daughter for her strict mother, but when she meets Hayden, she feels like it's fi...
151K 5.1K 24
We've all heard the story of the 'bad boy', but I bet you've never heard of the bad girl. Enter: Riley Dean. With a horrific history that would sca...