Backspace | Kim Taehyung

By dominations

❝You must like that backspace so bad, Taehyung. You kept on typing messages but delete them immediately after... More

foreword
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
last
Sequel's out?!
Another book?! [JUST RELEASED]
SPECIAL CHAPTER: Backspace first birthday

twenty-eight

25.8K 2.1K 1.6K
By dominations

part two of twenty seven

Third Person's POV

Miyun hastily rushed out of her house due to excitement, her heart racing so fast. Her eyes then landed on Taehyung who was sitting on a bench in front of their house. She was wearing house clothes from top to bottom but her clothes were decent enough to go outside so she didn't think of changing.

It was late at night, it was 11:37 pm. It was scary but Miyun didn't mind too since she knew Taehyung was sitting there just in their front porch. At least she could have some company for the night. Miyun's sister could just laugh when she saw her run out of their front door.

Miyun was too cute, and her sister thought that she was in love in the most adorable way.

"Kim Taehyung!" Miyun called Taehyung, arching forward, her palms landing on both her knees as she bent down whilst hyperventilating. Taehyung turned his head to her, surprised.

"Why... are you in front of my house?" Miyun shot her head up and chuckled. Taehyung just gave her an apathetic look and shrugged his shoulders.

"I just want to." Taehyung non-chalantly said. Miyun was about to ask another question but she stopped herself. She wanted to know why he really is in front of their house but she didn't want him to get mad.

She didn't hesitate and sit near him in the bench, her palms both landing on her lap as she tried to sit up straight. Taehyung, surprised at the sudden contact, moved to his right slowly to get some distance. Miyun bit her lip nervously and tapped her fingers against her skin, trying to think of something to talk about.

"Do you have a watch, Taehyung?" She asked eagerly, turning to look at him immediately. Her eyes landed on Taehyung's wrist that had a watch on it. She grabbed his hand and moved it closer to her so she can see better.

"Oh, you do have one. It's already 11:40 pm." she announced, scanning what's on the small watch. Taehyung pulled his hand away and faced his back at her. Slightly confused, she suddenly realized that he probably didn't want her there and it was bugging her so much.

She looked up to the dark nighsky. It was starless— or maybe almost starless. It wasn't desolate nor was it a beautiful like to look at. There weren't a lot of stars in the sky that she wanted to talk about— and even if there were she isn't really a fan of astrology anyway.

"The nightsky is empty. It reminds me of barren fields a lot, you know, like the movies." She muttered with a pout. "I can count only two of three stars. I don't like it when the sky is starless, how about you?" She asked Taehyung.

He didn't move nor reply a word. Still stoic and cold as ever, of course. She bit her lower lip even harder. And so, she felt the need to leave.

"I'm going now Taehyung, I guess you don't want me here anyway." She said, standing up quickly to avoid further embarrassment. She was trying hard not to sound so disappointed and even fake-laughed after talking.

Before making her move, she suddenly felt Taehyung hold her wrist before she was able to walk back to her house. "I hate starless skies too." He continued, surprising Miyun a bit.

A smile formed in Miyun's lips as she thought that he wanted her to stay.

"My life is empty already, it's pretty surprising how starless skies can make it emptier." He said, later on comfortably leaning his head on Miyun's shoulder.

Chills ran down Miyun's spine. Her heart was pounding even before she knew it. Taehyung never became this close to her.

She began thinking of random weird things like, 'How about if my shoulder is not comfortable enough?', 'How about if he finally gets tired of my shoulder and decides to stop leaning on it early?'

"You're like a girl, Taehyung." She laughed and ruffled Taehyung's hair.

"Don't touch me." He commanded in a weary voice. "And so what if I'm like a girl, I'm so goddamn tired." He continued.

"Tired of what?"

"Life."

Miyun felt her heart crushed again. It was kind of obvious he would say something like that. Out of all things, she hated it when Taehyung becomes very melancholic and won't answer when she asks if something's wrong. Sometimes she just doesn't want to ask even if doing that will make it look like she doesn't care.

"What time is it?" Miyun just asked. She was keeping so much track of time since she's waiting for new year.

"11:48 pm."

"Ugghh, Taehyung, twelve minutes feel like forever. I want it to be new year." Miyun said and faked a yawn. Taehyung moved and found his new comfort zone on Miyun's lap. Again, she was flustered, but she immediately reminded herself to take a grip.

"Where is your family?" Taehyung asked.

"Oh, them, they're inside sleeping. They don't celebrate Solar New Year. Only my sister and I do, for some reason, and I think she'll spend it on Skype talking to her friends." Miyun smiled. "You, how do you think your parents are doing? I know it doesn't sound like an easy question, it's okay if you don't want to answer."

Taehyung sighed and closed his eyes. "They.. love their lives being complicated. They don't care about anyone in their family but themselves, anyway." He said in a sad voice.

Miyun felt her heart drop. She was so fortunate to have caring and loving parents who support her and are always there for her. Taehyung doesn't deserve this kind of miserable life.

"Ugh. You don't deserve this, Taehyung. How I wish I could keep you company for a long time." Miyun sadly said.

"Why not forever?" Taehyung asked. Miyun was surprised at his sudden suggestion, he seems enthusiastic.

"Yeah.. I don't see why not." Miyun chortled. "If forever did exist, then okay."

"11:54 pm." Taehyung said.

"I'm so excited for New Year! 2016 is just in six minutes. Last year, my sister baked a cake with me and we timed it in the oven at exactly 11:45 pm. We took out the cake in New Year's Day and then I ate most of it. It was really fun, you know, it would be nice if something as fun could happen soon in your life, too," Miyun calmly stared as she played with the tips of Taehyung's hair.

"Keep talking." Taehyung smiles with his eyes closed. He thought that Miyun wouldn't hear what he said but she was interrupted.

"Huh?" Miyun asked in confusion.

"I just.. like your voice." Taehyung confessed. Miyun suddenly felt a shade of pink take over her cheeks. She didn't know what to reply.

"I like it when you smile too." He continued. Miyun was turning into a tomato. She didn't know if she was only flattered, infatuated or maybe something else.

"Your typing sucks but I like it," he continued after some time. "I think you're beautiful. No wait, scratch all off that.." Miyun couldn't take it.

".. I like you." Taehyung confessed. It was already making Miyun crazy.

Miyun's heart was racing more and more. She felt stiff and she found it hard move feeling like this. Taehyung's head was still resting on her lap but she felt like melting.

"No big deal right? I just like you. I'm not planning on feeling something else more than that." Taehyung continued. Miyun playfully hit him on the head nodded.

"Idiot, I seriously don't know what to say. I didn't know you would actually do something like that.. but yeah, same here." Miyun smiled and poked Taehyung's nose. He tried biting her finger but she pulled her finger away from him immediately.

Miyun lied, she doesn't like Taehyung, she loves him.

After a moment, She realized what the time was.

"OH MY GOD TAEHYUNG IT'S 2016! Happy New year! Can't believe it! Oh wait, I forgot to make my New Year's resolution." Miyun said.

"I will take things more seriously this year!" Miyun continued, shouting in the air.

"Sounds like a resolution you make very year. As if that will ever happen." Taehyung muttered under his breath. Miyun flicked his forehead.

"It's new year Taehyung, maybe your resolution should be not taking everything seriously. Oh wait, I like you being incredibly serious, and why do you need to change?" Miyun laughed.

"How about being happier this year?" He suggested. Miyun's smiled sillily. "Of course, you should be happy this year."

A/N: you seriously think Backspace will end in thirty chapters? Lolololol okay then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

381K 22.7K 49
Bryson Tiller is a single father who doesn't have life quite figured out yet. His baby mother is hooked on drugs and he's stuck taking care of her so...
18.9K 553 28
Monkey.D.Hana wants to become the most famous and wanted criminal on earth. Living a peaceful life she gets kidnapped by pirates and almost gets sold...
2.1K 152 21
"You showed up on my doorstep, what was I supposed to do?"-
519K 31.6K 43
Aoi has it all. Superficial yet observant, smart yet borderline clueless, straightforward yet indenial, tough yet easily swayed. She's rude and despi...