In The Spirit Of Christmas #W...

By sparkledelux

Faced with family pressures and disappointments, Kaylee a beautiful high spirited girl flees from home to tak... More

DEC 1st
DEC 2nd
DEC 3rd
DEC 4th
DEC 6th
DEC 7th
DEC 8th
DEC 9th
DEC 10th
DEC 11th
DEC 12th
DEC 13th
DEC 14th
DEC 15th
DEC 16th
DEC 17th
DEC 18th
DEC 19th
DEC 20th
DEC 21st
DEC 22nd
DEC 23rd
DEC 24th
DEC 25th
Epilogue
Announcement

DEC 5th

117 15 0
By sparkledelux

The house was still tensed from the quarrel of the day before. Dapo had slept on the couch in the sitting room since Kaylee had the guest room. The weather had picked up again and Kaylee felt bad for Dapo since the sitting room was much more cold.

Her alarm went off at 7:00am and Kaylee reached out of bed and slammed it off. It was Saturday and she wanted to sleep in. this was an opportunity to sleep in especially as she did not get such luxury in Nigeria. It was either family fellowship or a lot of house chores. Regardless, she opened her eyes and looked at the ceiling for a couple of minutes before she decided to get off the bed.
In 10 minutes she had prayed, brushed her teeth and was heading downstairs to the kitchen.
Dapo was already standing by the coffee pot brewing himself some.

"Good morning" Kaylee said cheerily.

"Morning." Dapo murmured. He looked like he had little or no sleep at all last night.

"Are you okay? You look like you didn't sleep at all"

"Maybe two hours tops" he said pouring the dark liquid into a mug.

"Is everything okay with you and Florence? You can talk to me you know?" Kaylee was very concerned.

"Even if I wanted to talk to you, I could not. It's more complicated than you think"

"Try me!" Kaylee said confidently.

Dapo scratched his head and immediately looked away from Kaylee's daring eyes. "Did you sleep well last night?"

It was Kaylee's turn to look away. She walked to the cabinet and pulled out a box of Kellogg's cornflakes.

"Yeah" she murmured, pouring milk over the cereal in her bowl. If he doesn't want to talk then I too can play that game.

"Kaylee I know you mean well but please can you stay out of this particular issue?"

"Well it's my sister here, she is pregnant and she is not happy I don't think I can just stay away of this issue"

"I knew this will happen" Dapo gave an annoyed laughter."

"What does that even mean?" kaylee questioned.

"It means you don't know the whole story yet you are picking sides with your sister."

"No I am not" Kaylee raised her voice.

"Yes you are. In fact I cannot do this with you too" he said and walked out of the kitchen with his coffee still in his hand.

"What the hell just Happened?" Kaylee asked aloud. Shaking her head, she sat down at the little breakfast table and enjoyed her cereal.
Once she was done and had washed the dishes, she went in search of her sister but also found Dapo standing at the Balcony looking lost to the view.

Kaylee ignored him as she found her way to her sisters bed room "Rise and shine sleepy head"

Her sister turned to her before returning to her former position on the bed.

"Yeah it's nice to see you too." Kaylee said sarcastically, making her way to the bed. "What's up sis?"

Florence silence just made the room more tensed.
"Common!" Kaylee breathed out "At least answer me"

"How are you?" Florence asked

"How are you?" Kaylee asked back ignoring her sister's question.

"I am fine" Florence answered.

"Dapo slept on the couch last night is everything okay?" Kaylee decided to just ask the question straight up.

Florence did not answer which annoyed Kaylee.
"Florence I think-"

"Don't you have something or someone else to bother" Florence cut Kaylee off.

"Wow!" Kaylee was annoyed now. "As a matter of fact I do. I am going out this afternoon. I thought you should know." With that she bounced off the bed and headed out.

"With who?" Florence called out."

"A friend!"

"Which friend do you have in London?" Florence asked again.

"None of your business!" Kaylee said before shutting the door and returned to her room.

What's their problem? I am trying to help but they seem to be fine on their own Kaylee thought to herself as she flopped on her bed and picked up one of the novels she had just purchased. It was RED by Ted Dekker. She opened it and began reading it.

Hours flew fast with no spectacular event except for Kaylee's change of position as she read each page after the other. She was so engrossed in the story that she almost didn't hear her phone ring.
"Hello?" She picked her call without looking at the caller.

"You know if you had texted your address to me I would have been on my way over by now." She head his voice and was immediately lost for words. His voice was so deep with a hint of tenderness which made Kaylee wonder if he sang. She made a mental note to ask him sometime about it.

"Oh I am so sorry I totally forgot to text the address."

"If you don't want to go you don't have to you-"

"No I want to go, I will text the address now. I will be waiting for you outside okay? See you soon"

"Okay then" Seun chuckled before he cut the call.

Kaylee peered at the time and saw it was already 2pm. How did that happen she wondered before she stripped down and jumped into the hottest shower she had ever had. After few minutes, she ran out with a big bath rope before brushing through her clothes for an outfit. She settled for a yellow turtle neck sweater top, a pair of dark blue high waist jean and black boots. She combed out her hair and left it down to provide as a shield for her ears before she threw on a black beanie. Kaylee hurriedly coated her lashes with mascara before applying a nude lipstick. She decided on a very light make up since it was just a movie and not a ball room party.
Grabbing her back coat of the rack she hurried out of the house before Dapo could stop her and made her way to the gate of the apartment just as Seun's black SUV approached. The last thing she wanted was for her sister and her husband to scrutinize Seun in the state they were in. it was best if she just left without a word.

"Hi There!" Seun said as he parked in front of her.

"Hello" Kaylee gave a lovely smile reaching for the door.

"Oh No! Hang on I got that." Seun said getting out of his seat behind the wheel and jogged round the car to open the door for her.
She gave him another generous smile as she got in.

"You look gorgeous." he complimented her taking a fill of her appearance.

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself doc." She giggled.

"Oh yeah! I only try." Seun smirked before he shut the door after her and went back to take his place behind the wheels. As he retreated, Kaylee used the opportunity to admire him. He had on an ash colored sweater which he paired with a navy blue jean and combat boots. He didn't wear a cap so his curly hair was out for her to admire.
"Are you Nigerian?" she asked immediately he got in.
"Woah! Hold on! You are not that type of girl that asks questions before the date actually starts are you?"

"So this is a date after all? I thought it was a check-up or you performing your professional and civic duties?"

"Well we would have to watch and see right?" he said with a cheeky smile that revealed a dimple she had never noticed.
Gosh! How come she never noticed? And that smile? Kaylee melted away with his smile but turned away to hide her blush.

He ignited the engine that started easily with a soft roar and soon they were on their way to whereever he had planned. Kaylee busied herself with the interior of his car. Admiring the leather and how black and polished the car looked. They made small talks before they arrived at the cinema which was populated with children, teenagers and families. Kaylee felt like a teenager again who was at the mall with her crush. She quietly allowed Seun lead her to where they sold tickets and watched as he purchased two tickets for them.

"Do you want something to eat" he asked as they made their way from the ticket spot.

"No I am good." Kaylee said even if she was already hungry having eaten cereal in the morning.

"Are you sure?" he asked her.

"Yeah sure." Seun looked at her as if she was one of his patient and slowly shook his head.

"Nope you are hungry."

"What?" Kaylee was shocked. Did he see it on her face? Was it obvious she was hungry?
He dragged her to where popcorn was sold and purchased a big bag for her with a drink.
"What about you?" she asked.

"I am good with a drink." He smiled at her.
They soon found their seats in the cinema despite how dark it was. The movie was yet to start but Kaylee had started digging into her popcorn like a hungry squirrel.

"It's a good thing I got you the popcorn then" Seun laughed.

"Hey!" she tried to scream but it came out as a murmur since her mouth was stuffed full. She chewed and swallowed before she spoke up "Gosh they are heavenly. You need to try some"
Seun cringed at the suggestion "No thank you!"

"Common why?"

"Because it don't really like popcorn."

"Who doesn't like popcorn?"

Seun laughed "Okay there was a time I only ate popcorn. I guess I just got tired of them."

"Boo hoo! I am not buying that. What is the real reason?"

"Okay fine! You got me. I was addicted to junks. Popcorn, gummy worms you name it. I couldn't stop until the day I had a couple of my teeth removed. The pain was so bad I couldn't imagine eating any of those again."

Kaylee's eyes were popped wide as she stared at Seun. "Damn! And I thought your pearly white teeth was all natural. So do you pull them off at night?"

"What?" Seun laughed hard. "No! No! my teeth is natural" he laughed harder "I was like 7 years old when I had them removed and I grew them back."

"Ow Gosh!" Kaylee let the breath she was holding. "It would have been a shame, you know your teeth falling off whenever you want to kiss someone"

"What?" Seun chuckled "even if my teeth falls off, it would not tarnish my skills. I am a pretty good kisser" he winked at her.

Kaylee laughed. "Wow! Now you told me all about your junk addiction I am afraid I will never know how good a kisser you are"
"Maybe we could fix that" Seun said a soft smile playing on his lips as he leaned closer to her.
Kaylee was dazed. Was he going to kiss her now? She would be lying she said she didn't want him to.
Seun leaned in really close and Kaylee could feel his breath wash over her face but when she thought he would move in and kiss her, he took some of her popcorn and plopped them into his mouth.
"Oh this is really nice. You were right."

"I thought you have a phobia for Junk" she asked reality dawning on her.

"Ow!" he said, taking more popcorn from her popcorn bag "I was just joking about that sweetheart"

"Wh-what" she stuttered.

"Common you fell for that?" He asked innocently before he laughed. Ow I love fooling with you. The look on your face was priceless."

She glared at him and slapped his arm as she joined him in his laughter. "Not funny Seun"

"But you are laughing aren't you?"

"I will get you back" she said as the film started.

"Ow the day is young we will see about that."

--------------------*************--------------------------
"BEST. MOVIE. EVER!" Kaylee gushed as they made their way from the cinema.
"I am glad you liked it" Seun chuckled
"Liked it? I loved it! I feel Adaline is so lucky to be able to live that long without ageing. She got to travel the world, fall in love twice wow!"

"But she also watched her child age and she had to loose friends and change locations over and over again. She was in love but she had to walk away from it. I think she suffered as well." Seun argued.

Kaylee thought about what he said for a moment and compared it with her life. If she was Adaline she wouldn't mind changing locations over and over again especially since she was looking for an adventure and running away from home. "Well, it might not be that bad"

Seun laughed with his head in the air and Kaylee thought he was too handsome. "Okay imagine this. You meet this amazing guy, he is everything you have ever imagined and he is about to propose to you but because you cannot stay in a location for a decade you had to run"

Kaylee imagined it his way and scowled. "Okay, it will be terrible but I still wish I was immortal" she said and threw her hands in the cool night air.

"Ow yeah? Then I will like to be immortal with you" Seun said softly, almost romantically.

"Really?" Kaylee stopped and faced him.

"Well I would not want to age while you are still looking young and beautiful. I mean, how else will I keep you if I lose my charms" he said with a smirk.

It was Kaylee's turn to laugh "you are just silly. When the good look goes, I will like you for your character. At least once I know and I am sure you are not a serial killer and you are as charming as you look." She blurted out before she would stop herself.

"So you think I am charming?" he gave her a cheeky grin.

"Arrr.... Well... it's totally the dimples. Just the dimples and your big eyes... without them I wouldn't even give you a second look"

"Hmmm she thinks I am charming, I have gorgeous eyes and dimple. I think I just hit jackpot."

Kaylee thought she would die of embarrassment "Urrh."

He circled round her and blocked her "So what else do you like about me?" he whispered, leaning closer to her eyes. She shivered as his breath brushed against her skin.

"Urhh..." Kaylee searched his eyes as she tried to compose herself. "Nice try nigga. As I said earlier just the dimple and eyes."

"That will do then" He chuckled "for now" he finished his statement taking her left hand in his right and Intertwined their fingers together.

"What do you mean by for now?" Kaylee scrunched her nose up.

"You'll see" he winked at her.

Kaylee wasn't one to like surprises but with Seun, she will give it a try and anticipate every moment spent with him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Prodigal By sav ✨

General Fiction

3.1K 311 30
Chase feels like no one in her family understands, or cares about, her. Her mom is always busy with work, and her dad is constantly babying Chase's y...
216 0 15
Tecently divorced mother of two heads home for the holidays where she comes face to face with her high school sweetheart Keaton Brown. Can she resist...
28 0 25
Hannah, a shy, timid, teacher, is running away from her hometown Church, family and friends due to an embarrassing situation. Desperate for an income...
136K 2.5K 19
As Christmas approaches restrictions are getting worse and worse and Stefania finds herself stuck alone in LA, wishing she could go see her family. b...