Alpha or Beta? (Being edited)

By moonlightmagic444

All her life Kari has been running from someone. Who? She doesn't know. Her mom keeps that information a secr... More

Alpha or Beta?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Sequel

Chapter 25

4.7K 274 5
By moonlightmagic444

Ashley's POV:

"Thank you Dr. Silver!" I say as I leave the room. She's actually a very sweet woman. She is definitely outgoing and not afraid to talk about anything...

"See you later Ashley, and take care of yourself." I smile at her and leave the room. This place is so much nicer than the hospital I have been locked up in for the past few years. I walk through the waiting room where a few patients are still lingering and waiting to be attended to. Then I leave the building. It's a good thing the pack doctor's house is somewhat near to the pack house or else I would be lost without Kari.

When I reach the door to the pack house I timidly open it and walk in. As soon as I shut the door behind me something rams into my side and I fall to the ground. "Ouch." I say lightly.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry!" I hear a little girl's voice say. I look up to see a pretty little girl probably around 7 years old holding her hand out to me. Her blue eyes look at me apologetically.

I grab her hand but pull myself up with my legs so she doesn't have to pull up my body weight. I smile at her, "It's no problem." I say lightly. I turn to leave. After I get a few steps away the little girl stops me.

"Wait, have you seen my sister?" The girl shouts. I freeze and turn back to the girl. Her face looks sad.

"Um, I'm new so I probably don't know her..." I say sadly and look down. I wish I could help her, but I don't really know anyone here.

"Even if you are new you have to know her! She's the Luna." I look up with a confused face.

"You're Kari's sister?" She smiles and laughs.

"So you do know her! I haven't seen her in a while, do you know where she is?" Wow this little girl is cute and now that I look at her, she has similar features to Kari.

"Yeah she is at the pack doctor's house, she has an appointment right now." She puts a frown on her cute face and plants her hands firmly on her hips.

"I can't believe she hasn't seen me in so long and she chooses to go to the doctors over hanging out with me." The girls huffs. I giggle and she looks up to me.

She smiles brightly and says, "I'm Evelyn by the way. Thanks for helping me." I smile back at her.

"I'm Ashley. It was nice meeting you Evelyn." I say sweetly. She turns around and slowly descends down the long hall.

"Bye!" She shouts. I laugh and wave at her as she descends down the hallway. What a cutie, her and Kari have a ton of similarities. When she gets older they are going to be so much alike.

"Boy do I love the sound of you laughing." A voice says from behind me. A warm tingle flows through my body and I shiver in delight. I turn around and blush as I stare into the eyes of Jamie.

"Um hi." I say shyly. He smiles and walks closer to me. For some reason my body isn't trying to flinch away from his movement toward me.

"So how did your appointment go?" He asks me. Memories of my earlier encounter flash through my mind.

**Flash back to the beginning of Ashley's appointment**

"Are you going to go?" The doctor asks Kari.

"Oh well um." Kari looks at me. "Will you be okay?"

I smile and nod my head. "I will be fine, go ahead." I say to her gently. She smiles back at me then stands.

"Alright I will go then." Kari says and walks to the door. "I will meet you back in the pack house Ashley! See you later!" She adds then leaves the room.

The doctor laughs as the door shuts. She looks up at me with her bright smile, "Well Ashley I'm Doctor Silver. Now before I get started I have a few questions to ask."

"Okay." I say. She grabs a clip board and a pen and stands in front of me.

"Alright first question. Ashley have you in any way been associated with drugs or alcohol?" I think about it for a moment then shake my head.

"No I don't believe so." I say. She nods and scribbles on her paper.

"Have you ever had sexual intercourse?" She says. My face turns bright red and I look down.

"Well, yes. I suppose so." I say to her. She scribbles on her clipboard.

"How many partners?" I don't answer her. "I know it is personally but we need to see if you need any testing for sexually transmitted diseases." I sigh.

"I'm not really sure how many. It's a lot though." I look up and see her face is surprised.

"A lot?" I nod sadly. By looking at my face I can see she is getting concerned about how I'm reacting to her question. "Ashley did you give your consent to all your partners?" I shake my head no.

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry... I think we are going to need to give you all the testings and even a pregnancy test." She says with a sympathetic look on her face.

"Wait, I might be pregnant?" I say with worry written over my face. She nods her head.

"You might be. We don't know until after we test you though, I will schedule you for your test in two days."

**End of flash back**

My heart beat quickens. Maybe I should tell Jamie that I might be pregnant... I feel like he is going to freak out though. I don't think I should tell him... No I definitely shouldn't. Master would have killed me if he knew, I don't know what Jamie would do...

"Ashley are you okay?" Jamie says interrupting my thoughts. I look up at his eyes and blush.

"Oh yeah sorry..." I say. He gives me an odd face.

"What happened at your appointment?" He asks seriously. I sigh and look back down at my feet. I can't tell him. I guess the best thing to do is just act like everything went well.

"Nothing, the appointment went fine." I say and turn around. I need to get out of here before he figures out I'm lying. I start walking away and decide to go to the kitchen. I should probably have a meal now considering Dr. Silver wants me eating a lot during the day.

"Wait Ashley." Suddenly I feel my wrist being grabbed. My heart thuds hard in my chest and I freak out, pulling my arm out of the grip it was in, I turn around and stare at Jamie with fear written all over my face. His eyes widen.

"Ashley, I'm sorry I just wanted your attention." He says worriedly. I hold onto my wrist and look down. It shocked me when he grabbed onto my wrist. Master would always roughly grab me when he wanted me to go somewhere with him. The thing is, Jamie didn't grab my wrist roughly. He just held it gently. "Ashley, are you okay? I didn't mean to hurt you I'm so sorry." He says in a gentle voice.

I slowly look up at him. "I'm okay... You didn't hurt me you just surprised me." I say timidly. He lets out a sigh.

"Im glad you're not hurt but I'm still sorry. I don't want you to be scared of me." He says and looks at my wrist. "Do you not want me to touch you?" He asks sadly. I slowly release my wrist from my hand. Out of pure impulse I grab his hand.

"That's not it, you just surprised me is all." I look into his eyes to see a worried expression. I know he wants me to tell him about my past but I can't yet. He won't want to be friends with me if he knew. I don't know what I would do without him at this point, I can't lose him. "Can I get something to eat now?" I ask sweetly.

He finally takes the worry off of his face and smiles. "Of course you can eat now." He leads me to the kitchen. When we walk through the door there are several kids my age eating. They look up and I notice that their faces look familiar.

"Aw look its the new girl!" A girl says and jumps up from her chair. This girl has hair that is velvety red and shiny. She looks down at my hand and I follow her eyes. I notice that Jamie and I are still holding hands. Oh no! I slowly release his hand look down. "I'm Mimi, it's nice to meet you!" I look up shyly.

"I'm Ashley it's nice to meet you too." I say. Her smile brightens.

"Wow Jamie she's a pretty one!" My face flushes red.

"Alright Mimi that's enough you're embarrassing her." Jamie says. Mimi huffs.

"Fine." She looks behinds her at the table she was sitting at then back at Jamie. "Jamie we have sandwiches made, come have some! She grabs his wrist and drags him to the table.

I feel something stirring inside me. It's a bad feeling. It makes me dislike Mimi but I shrug it off because she is Jamie's friend. I follow closely behind Jamie. When we make it to the table everyone looks at me and smiles. I smiley back shyly.

"Hey Ashley, welcome to the pack. You're going to love it here, we are great." A guy says.

A girl laughs and I look at her. "Sorry he is a weird one. Well let me introduce everyone, I'm Macy, the blond girl here is Laine, next to her is Gina, the guy with the weird comments is Pauly and the guy next to him is Harry. I know you met some of us earlier back in Bryce's office, but names are easy to forget when you're surrounded by new things! But this is mostly all our friends so welcome to the group."

I smile back shyly, "oh, thank you." I say to Macy. I notice everyone else is staring at me expectantly so I say, "um, hello."

"Hey!" They all say as a group.

"Ashley do you want a sandwich?" Jamie asks as he walks over and stands next to me. I nod my head.

"Yes please." I say. He reaches his long arms over the table and grabs two sandwiches from the plate. He hands me one and I take it from him. I slowly take a bite and savor its deliciousness.

"So Macy did you and Bryce ever figure out what we are going to do with the rogues that helped us out?" Mimi asked. I look at Macy and wait for her answer.

"No we aren't sure yet. I think Bryce wants to talk to Kari about it first before he does anything. After all she knows them better than we do. But the choices are to either one, let them stay or two, find them land where they can start their own pack. " Oh no. They can't stay here. Most of those guys took part in my abuse. I don't want them here.

"Kari has a kind heart so she will probably want them to stay." Mimi says with a smile. My eyes widen. Oh no. I put down my sandwich.

"Um, I'm not really hungry anymore, I think I'm going to go lie down." I say and walk out of the kitchen. I hurry down the hallway and head up the stairs. I think I should leave... I can't stay here with my past floating around me. How can I start over that way?

As I go up the stairs someone bumps into my shoulder. I hit the wall and look to see two guys that I recognize from Master Froam's pack. One of the guys smirks.

"So Ashley, looks like you did make it out. It's good to see you cutie." I look at him with scared eyes. He walks toward me and leans one of his arms on the wall near my head.

"Tom what are you doing?" His friend asks him.

"Just catching up. Me and Ashley here have some chemistry together." He reaches his hand up to touch my face. I cringe and wait for the contact.

"I think you need to leave her alone." A deep voice says. My eyes snap open and I see that Jamie has Tom's wrist in his hand. Tom looks up at Jamie.

"She's from my previous pack. It's fine she's okay with this." Tom says casually. Jamie looks at me surprised. Tears threaten to spill over my eyes. Great now he is going to find out. I need to get out of here. I duck under Tom's arm and run to Jamie's room. I shut the door and run to the bed and get under the covers.

Tears pour down my face, I'm so overwhelmed that I can't stop the tears and I cry. Now he is going to know that so many guys slept with me. After I managed to make him my friend he is going to find out about my secrets and find me repulsive.

I hear the door creak open and I hold my breath. Crap now he will know I'm crying too! Why can't I just grow up?

"Ashley are you okay?" He asks from the door. I can tell the lights are still off so I pop my head out from under the covers.

"I'm fine." I say in a whisper. It's the only thing I could say to prevent the tears from running again.

"No, you're not okay. Ashley I need you to tell me what's going on and why you're acting like this around people. And what did that guy mean when he said you're okay with what was going on back there?" He says in an angry voice. I cower into the sheets a little more.

"I don't want to talk about it." I tell him quietly. I hear Jamie release a deep breath.

"Ashley you need to tell me. My wolf is getting mad. You need to stop hiding things from me." Suddenly all the emotions that have been building up over flow and I snap. I look up at him and frown.

"What do you want me to say Jamie? That they treated me like a freaking toy? That they abused me and raped me? What was I supposed to do Jamie, I was the only girl in a pack with all guys. No matter how hard I fought back there was nothing I could do." I look away from him and grab onto the covers more. After taking a deep breath to calm myself is I notice Jamie hasn't said anything so I add, "She's gone by the way. My wolf. She left me because I gave up."

I feel the bed creak and suddenly Jamie is behind me in the bed. He slowly reaches his arms around me and pulls me to his chest. I actually don't flinch at all at his touch so I snuggle into his embrace, for once I'm actually being comforted by a male.

"If it makes you feel any better, you're the only guy I don't mind touching me. I'm not sure why, it's probably because you saved me." I whisper to him. He hugs me closer to him.

"I'm so sorry. I'm such an idiot." He says. I scrunch my face up. He did nothing wrong.

"Why are you apologizing?" I say back to him. He lets out a sigh.

"I should have been there. I should have found you sooner Ashley. It's my fault you have been treated like this. I'm so sorry." I frown again.

"Jamie, the past is in the past. There is nothing you could have done." He lets out another sigh. Then I remember me doctors appointment. "Jamie... Um, there is one more thing I should tell you." Great me and my big mouth...

"What is it?" He says. This time I sigh.

"Do you promise not to get mad." I say quietly.

"I promise." He whispers. I take a deep breath. Here goes nothing.

"I might be pregnant." I feel Jamie freeze. Then his grip on me gets tighter and the embrace begins to get painful. "Jamie you're squeezing me." I say through a short breath. He immediately loosens his grip.

"Ashley, how many guys didn't use protection." He asks in a serious tone. I look down and close my eyes. "Ashley, how many." He asks.

"All of them except Master Froam." I hear Jamie growl and I shrink down. I knew he was going to get mad at me.

"You call him Master?" I nod and close my eyes tighter. I know he wants to hurt me, Master Froam would have punished me already. "Don't call him that anymore. He isn't your master. How long has this been happening Ashley." He says roughly.

"We'll I've been with him since I was fourteen, but he didn't start touching me until I was fifteen." I say honestly.

"What about the others?" he asked.

"Well at first Mast- I mean Froam wouldn't let anyone touch me but him. Once I turned about seventeen though he didn't care anymore." He growls again.

"You understand you're not a play toy right? That the way they treated you is completely wrong. They all deserve to die." He says and lets go of me and stands from the bed. I turn around quickly.

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"I'm going to tell Bryce what to do with the other rogues, they all need to die." He says harshly. I flinch for a moment but slowly get out of bed and grab Jamie's arm stopping him from moving.

"Jamie no. Not all of them did this to me, plus it's not their fault completely, Froam kept them locked up and away from society. They haven't seen females in a long time." He looks at me and even in the darkness I can see his eyes are pitch black.

"That doesn't make it okay to miss treat you. Why Ashley? Why did they have to miss treat you of all people." I look at him questioningly.

"Jamie if it wasn't me then it would have been another girl. I'm just glad no one else got hurt." He looks me in the eyes.

"Ashley because of them, you might be pregnant. I mean no matter whose child it is I would still love him or her but you physically can't go through a pregnancy right now. You need time to regain your strength." I look at him with shocked eyes.

"You would love my child no matter whose it was?" I ask him. He looks at me for a moment and gives me a light smile.

"Of course I would, I would treat them like they were my own." That's when it hits me. Everything, why Jamie's so nice, why I don't mind his touch, what Kari said, it's because he's my mate.

"Jamie you're my mate." I say shocked. He leans down and kisses me on the forehead. Gently sparks fly through my body.

"Yes. You should get some rest though. I need to talk to Bryce and I will come back. Do you mind if I get into bed with you when I come up?" I shake my head.

"No I don't mind. But Jamie, you can't let Bryce kill them, most of those men are innocent." He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"I know, and as much as it kills me, I'm just going to tell him they can't stay here. I don't want them anywhere near you. You need to have a fresh start and experience what real life is like, and you can't do that with your past hanging around." I smile. I'm glad he is thinking of me. I grab his hand and look into his eyes.

"Thank you Jamie." He smiles and kisses the top of my head. He turns and walks out the door, leaving me to go to bed and fall into a deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 5 43
Book completedβœ“ Kyle, compassionate human being tragically made beast by the one he loved most, betrayal it was. Resentment he felt, ashamed and disa...
48.3K 1.7K 14
short story !! Disclaimer: this is super cringey, I wrote it when I was like 14 sooo, but they've all been edited and now they're (a bit) better ?? H...
2.6M 76.8K 48
#40 in werewolf -/-/- #55 in werewolf 4/18/2018 #71 in werewolf 11/18/2018 Book #1 of the 2&2 novels I didn't see it coming. Well physically I cant...
1.4K 131 28
Neil is the epitome of masculinity and every girl's dream, with his good looks and smoldering gaze, but few know that he is an Alpha werewolf, ruthle...