Being The Player's Neighbour

By avanigalande

I watched his full lips turn up into a smirk and in that moment my heart stopped beating, my mind stopped thi... More

Chapter 1 - The First Encounter
Chapter 2 - I'm Not Really A Coldhearted Jerk
Chapter 3 - Moment Of Weakness
Chapter 4 - But I Don't Want To Look 'Fab'!
Chapter 5 - Why Do You Turn Up Everywhere I Go?
Chapter 6 - Beat Him At His Own Game
Chapter 7 - Payback's A Bitch
Chapter 8 - No Scowling, No Smirking. Just Smile
Chapter 9 - Jealousy, Ice Cream And Godzilla's Pink Tutu
Chapter 10 - Zeus' Bolt Super-Glued To My Fingers
Chapter 11 - The First Date
Chapter 12 - The Mindless, Irresponsible Decision
Chapter 14 - You Had Me At The Punch
Chapter 15 - Suspicious Roses And COD
Chapter 16 - Never Too Early For Love
Chapter 17 - Meeting The Friends...And The Enemies.
Chapter 18 [Part 1] - Penguin And Gunny Bag
Chapter 18 [Part 2] - Prom Does Wonders For Manners
Chapter 19 - All Grown Up Now
Chapter 20 - Soapy Math And Salty Tears
Chapter 21 - Life Isn't A Movie
Chapter 22 - Moving On
Chapter 23 - That's Some Serious Poetic Shit
Epilogue
The Last Words - Author's Note
Questions & Answers? o.o
Q & A
2019 Update

Chapter 13 - Battle Of Morality

427K 14.9K 5.4K
By avanigalande

Aaron's P.O.V.

No one had ever punched me and remained unharmed before.

Any guy who'd picked a fight with me had ended up with a broken limb, swollen face or at least a few cuts and gruesome bruises.

But what could I have done against her?

I would never hit a girl and she looked so hurt and broken that I didn't have the heart to retaliate with any more rude remarks.

She said I broke her heart...

Wait!

So that means she actually liked me.

Why does that make me feel so happy?

I'm supposed to be heartless and not feel anything. She's just like any other ordinary girl from my school. So why haven't I felt anything like this for the rest of the girls I've been with?

Cause she's anything but ordinary.

The voice in my head was right. Avery was a lot of things but ordinary wasn't one of them.

Damn it.

Stop!

If the badass player starts having thoughts like these, the puny nerds will have to take over the world.

Are you going to do something about this or does Avery have to punch you a few more times before you realise you like her back?

There is no way in hell that is true.

Aaron Miller does not like girls. He uses them and then pretends they never existed.

Get off your high horse, you blind fool. She's messing with your head and that means you really like her.

Hell to the no.

Denial, denial, denial. Shows that you really really like her.

Okay, fine!

You're right, you stupid, irritating voice.

I sort of like her...but it's not like I'm gonna go tell her that. She punched me and I'm sure as hell not about to go apologising or giving her the satisfaction of hearing me say that I like her.

I'd tell you that you're being a class A jerk, but you already know that so it won't make a difference.

C'mon! You can't expect me to apologise after she punched me. In front of the whole school that too!

My pride will never allow that.

Very well. Find a way to tell her how you feel without apologising then.

Hmm...good idea.

You're not as dumb as I thought, voice.

I had a somewhat genius plan forming in my head, that wouldn't involve having to apologise and neither would I have to tell her how I felt.

I quickly texted Avery, telling her to meet me in the same alley behind school.

Now I could only hope that she'd agree to come.

~*~

Avery's P.O.V.

We need 2 talk. I hav 2 tell u sumthing. Meet me in the alley @ 6.

What else was left to say?

Maybe he wanted to...apologise.

My heart leaped at the thought, but I crushed that hope before it could fuel anymore wishful thoughts.

No point in giving myself false hope, that brought nothing but pain.

Ideally, I shouldn't even be considering the thought of going there and talking things out with him.

Unfortunately, my wild heart was way too curious to know what he wanted to say, so not going to meet him was surely off the table.

Eventually I made a deal with myself.

I would give him five minutes to say whatever he wanted to, and then leave without a word.

At least that would give him a fair chance to explain himself, even though it wouldn't change much.

He'd already hurt me once. Now I had nothing to lose so I decided to go ahead with this plan.

~*~

"You came."

Aaron had been leaning against the wall with a leg propped up. He straightened as he saw me and smiled.

Working hard to stay focused and not melt into a puddle, I spoke firmly. "If you've called me here just to insult me some more, get it over with. You have exactly five minutes to speak."

"Look, I'm not going to apologise for what I did, but I don't want to hurt you anymore, 'cause-"

But he didn't get to complete his sentence because it had started to rain.

And when I say rain, I mean pouring cats and dogs.

As the water soaked my skin, I simply lost all the mental strength that I had so carefully built up.

It was as if the droplets had washed it right away. Now I just wanted to go home and hide in my bed for the rest of the day.

I couldn't stand here in front of him, pretending to be all confident. I was in way over my head and it hurt like crazy to know that all I was going to get in return from him was rejection.

I didn't even make an effort to keep up the careless facade anymore.

"I've changed my mind about the five minutes. This was all a huge mistake. I like you and you don't give a damn. I know that's what you wanted to tell me, so end of story."

I would have stormed off, away from the one person who'd caused so much drama, but sometimes unexplainable, weird things happen. And this was one of those times.

Aaron pulled me back and a second later his lips crashed onto mine.

I responded immediately. I wanted this too much, to think rationally about the consequences.

I stood on my tiptoes, as my hands entangled themselves in his hair. His lips felt soft against mine, his hands gripping my waist. I couldn't believe it was raining, because all I could feel was the heat spreading through me. Tingles erupted all over my skin where he touched me and I had no other choice but to give in. His sensual lips had kissed away the last of my restraint. All those romantic books had done no justice to how I felt right now.

But too soon, reality nudged me and I pulled away, even though it was the hardest and most painful thing to do. I wanted so badly for that moment to go on endlessly but I knew it was wrong.

I was supposed to stay away from this guy, not kiss him back!

However right his warm hands felt around me,it was still very much wrong.

Oblivious to my inner battle of morality, Aaron was gazing deep into my eyes as he whispered, "If only the 'end of story' was as simple as you made it sound. But it's not. It is waay too complicated, 'cause I..."

My breath caught in my throat. I was afraid of what he was about to say.

"'Cause you...what?"

"I...Damn it! I wasn't planning on telling you this at all, but I can't help it anymore. I have to tell you. I...like you too."

------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hah! Don't you just love me? :P

Well I love you guys too ^_^ But I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that on more than one occassion xP

The song is 'Everything Has Changed' - Taylor Swift & Ed Sheeran. The video brought tears to my eyes :') <3

So, as usual, if you like it, tell me. If you don't...well, still do tell me!

Vote, fan and all that jazz! =D

Xoxo
~Av~

[Instagram: @be_maverick]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

932 50 50
"Well just for that, I'll show you abuse." He says and before I could react, he punches me. Hard. I was pissed. Even though I haven't had ALL my trai...
169K 2.7K 11
She was good He was bad She cared what people think He cared less what people think She was his weakness He was her strength When they meet each oth...
220K 5.5K 39
I'm not your regular high school student. I'm a girl who doesn't take shit from anyone. Who has light brown hair and bright green eyes. I wear what I...
235 31 16
€£¥ "The world isn't all sunshine and rainbows, princess." He growls at me and then spits on the ground revealing blood. What is that supposed...