The Raven Cycle Boarding Scho...

By eatyourpea

The is an Au of the wonderful Maggie Stiefvator's book series, the Raven cycle, which will include a full plo... More

Aglionby Academy
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Author's Note
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twelve

573 33 12
By eatyourpea

So normally I try not to put an authors note before hand, but this may be important for some of you. This chapter involves some sexual situations, not like too far or anything, but I don't really know all of ya'lls boundaries so I just put this in here just in case.
***********************
"So what  are you doing for break Blue?" Barrington Whelk asks her as they walk side by side down the hallway.

Blue groans,"The boys and I are going to my house all week. To be honest I'll probably end up killing someone." Barrington eyes her strangely.. "I'm only joking man," Blue says.

"Oh, I see," Barrington smiles. "Blue, what do you mean by, 'the boys'?" He says using finger air quotes.

Blue shrugs,"You know, my usual crowd when I'm not with you and Neeve. Noah, Adam, Ronan, and Gansey."

"That sounds nice. You'll all be gone the entire break you say?" Barrington asks curtly.

Blue looks at him intently."Yeah, the entire week. We'll leave tomorrow, Ronan is driving us down," She says.

Barrington presses his lips into a thin line, then suddenly he smiles brightly."Well have fun then. All of you that is," He says.

"Yeah thanks," Blue says awkwardly. Barrington's sudden shifts in mood make her uncomfortable. Suddenly, Blue spots Ronan and Adam coming towards them from down the hall. Blue smiles at them. Barrington notices, and then fidgets.

"Right, well then I suppose that I'll be seeing you later," Barrington says quickly picking up his bag from the floor and speeding down the hallway away from the cafeteria.

As Whelk stomps down the hallway he pushes between Ronan and Adam."Hey watch it," Adam calls after Barrington.

"What's his problem?" Ronan asks as they catch up to Blue and continue down the hallway to the cafeteria.

Blue rolls her eyes. "Like I would know. I barely talk to the guy, and when I do he never talks about himself, unless we're with Neeve that is. He is always trying to impress her," Blue says with a huff.

"What a loser," Ronan says blandly. Blue frowns in response. Sure she doesn't like Whelk, but he hasn't done anything wrong either. Mindlessly she waits in the dinner line with Ronan and Adam. When they finally get to the table Noah and Gansey are already there.

"So what time exactly are we leaving tomorrow?" Gansey immediately asks as the three sit down.

"Just whenever," Ronan shrugs causally.

Gansey frowns."But like a set time would be nice," He replies.

"So would a new car, but that's not happening either," Ronan smiles evilly.

Blue rolls her eyes at their interactions."Henrietta isn't far so we could really leave whenever everyone can. No one has to plan anything Gansey," She says to calm him down.

"Yes but what time should we pack the car, check out, and double check that everyone has everything?" Gansey questions seriously.

Adam sighs. "How about at ten tomorrow we pack the car and head out by eleven at the latest. Then we should be in Henrietta by three or four depending on traffic," He says tiredly.

Gansey nods in approval. Ronan does likewise and says,"Sounds good to me Parrish."

"Ditto," Noah says cheerfully. "Blue, what about you?"

Blue frowns and says tiredly, "I can't I told Neeve that I would help her study for a makeup exam she'll be taking tomorrow evening."

"Well when will you be done with that?" Gansey asks.

Blue thinks."Maybe, maybe around two. Yeah two should work," She says.

"Great. Then we'll start packing the car up at two and be out of here by three," Gansey declares.

"What test did she fail?"Adam curiously asks.

Blue sighs,"This mythology test. She would have passed it except she spent the whole class sending Barrington suggestive looks instead of focusing on what she was writing."

Ronan rolls his eyes,"What a bimbo."

"Seriously," Adam mutters in agreement.

"I'm sorry, who did you say she was looking at?" Noah questions shakily. The small boy is now paler than he normally is and it is as if his hair is greasier and sticks to his skin more. He stares at a fixed spot on his tray.

"Barrington," Blue repeats."He's Neeve's boyfriend. Pretty much just a senior fuckboy though so I don't really get what she likes about... Are you okay Noah?" She asks, concerned about her friend's composure. Noah nods his head yes but doesn't speak.

Ronan narrows his eyebrows."You fucking lying?" He questions.

Noah shakes his head and opens his mouth, before abruptly closing it. Noah grips his fork tightly."Just a weird name. I had a friend named Barrington once," He struggles to say.

Gansey frowns."Is he the same person?"

Noah looks down and doesn't say anything. Quietly he folds his hands in his lap and pretends not to be there.

"Noah?" Adam tries. Noah doesn't respond at first.

"I don't want to talk about it," Noah says before violently pushing his chair out and running out of the cafeteria.

"Noah!" Blue calls after him."I'm gonna go see what's wrong," Blue mumbles to the rest of the table before chasing off after Noah.

Gansey narrows his eyes."I think it's about time that we stop avoiding what's right in front of us and find out what Noah is so afraid of," Gansey states.

"And how the hell are we suppose to do that?" Ronan questions.

"Yeah, it's not exactly like he's ready to just tell us," Adam adds.

Gansey narrows his eyes."Well then we'll just have to find another way."

Ronan leans back in his chair and shrugs."Whatever you says Gansey," He says nonchalantly.

Adam, meanwhile, is not so easy going about it all. You don't even have a plan Gansey. Adam thinks. What else is there to do besides asking Noah?

"We are going to have to talk to this Barrington guy ourselves," Gansey states highly.

Adam raises his eyebrows."Just as simple as that?" He questions.

"Yes," Gansey's voice leaves no room for argument.

Ronan looks between his two friends."Well you know Blue is friends with him, so you could just get her to talk to him," Ronan suggest.

Gansey frowns and pulls out a mint leaf to place under his tongue."I don't know about that," He mutters. "If it's nothing than I don't want to ruin one of Blue's friendships."

"Well from what she's told me," Adam states."She doesn't like him all too much."

"When did she tell you that?" Gansey asks, a strange tone in his voice.

"Why the hell would she tell you?"Ronan urgently question him at the same time.

Adam blinks in surprise."I don't know, some time last week. She always complains about him and Neeve. And why wouldn't she tell me? We're friends," Adam asks defensively.

"Oh, right," Gansey mutters awkwardly scratching the back of him neck.

"Is it so hard to believe that she might actually talk to me?" Adam asks angrily.

"Of course not. I was just wondering when she told you and not the rest of us. Sorry," Gansey says regretfully.

"We were working on cleaning up Cabeswater together. We always do that now," Adam mutters, still angry.

Gansey cocks his head to the side."I would have helped. Why didn't you guys tell me you were working on it?" Gansey asks, confused.

"I don't know, we just wanted some alone time," Adam says cooling down and feeling slightly guilty for being so defensive.

"Why would you want alone time with Jane?" Gansey questions, still utterly confused.

"Isn't it obvious?" Ronan asks hotly.

Adam and Gansey look at him, Adam with a fiery glare."No. What do you mean?" Gansey asks innocently.

"He doesn't mean anything," Adam says, angry once again.

"Oh come on Parrish. It's obvious that you're hard for her," Ronan states, suddenly angry.

Adam gets red in the face."No I'm not!" He yells angrily

"Then try explaining why you always want to be with her!" Ronan yells back.

"Isn't it fucking obvious! She's like me! She's from Henrietta. She's here on a scholarship. She actually has to try. We're close to each other because we're alike! Sure maybe I used to like her, but that was in the beginning. Now we know each other better and neither of us want to be together. Her and I have already discussed it all," He shouts furiously before standing up from the table and storming off outside.

Ronan and Gansey sit there stunned. "What just happened?" Gansey asks groggily.

"I think," Ronan states still in shock."that he just said he doesn't want to fuck around with Blue. They just want to be friends with each other." Then the tiniest of smiles appears on Ronan's face.

"But like, why would he have been into Blue anyway. When was that?" Gansey asks, still bewildered.

"Gansey my brother, you can really be oblivious sometimes," Ronan says while getting up and patting him on the shoulder before strutting out the same cafeteria doors that Adam had just went through.

Gansey sits in his chair, alone at his table, and wonders what the hell is happening. So Parrish used to like Jane, but now he doesn't? And that makes Ronan happy? Why does that make Ronan happy?And Jane doesn't like Parrish either? Why would they talk about that together? Why do I care who likes who? It's not like I'm into any of them. Right? Right. Gansey clutches his head to stop thinking so many questions that he doesn't understand the answers to. "Right..." Gansey sighs to himself.

Meanwhile Ronan is stalking about the grounds looking for an upset Adam Parrish. He goes to the  first place he thinks of, Cabeswater. Traveling down the path he pushes branches out of his way, hops over the fallen logs and kicks ferns aside. When he finally sees the clearing ahead he stands in the shadows at the opening and examines the space. Off to one side there lays a fire pit outlined with a ring of stones and in the center lies a pile of ash and the remains of larger logs. Off to the other side Adam Parrish leans against a large tree with his eyes closed. Quietly Ronan walks up to the boy and stands in front of him.

With his eyes still closed Adam asks,"What is it Ronan?"

"How did you know it was me?" Ronan asks.

"It's always you," Adam mumbles casually.

Ronan blushes. Casually, of course. "You just gonna spend the rest of the night here?" He asks while taking one step closer to him.

"It's better than going to my dorm with Gansey," Adam mutters again.

"You know he doesn't intentionally try to be nosy," Ronan says while taking two steps closer.

"And you? You were being rather pushy as well," Adam says, still refusing to open his eyes.

"I wasn't actually expecting you to say any of that. I didn't care what you were actually going to say because-" Ronan stops himself mid sentence and closes his mouth.

"Because why Ronan?" Adam asks. Finally opening his eyes he finds himself inches away from Ronan's owns face. Shocked by the proximity he pushes himself farther back against the tree. Ronan just stares at him.

"It doesn't matter," Ronan whispers, now closing his own eyes.

Adam leans forward from the tree so that he is even closer to Ronan. Feeling his heat, Adam breathes in, and is surprised to find the scent of Ronan appealing, almost intoxicatingly so.

"You know," Adam says mischievously."you seemed pretty upset back there."

Ronan frowns and opens his eyes, surprised to see that Adam has leaned his face even closer to his own."Sure I was Parrish," Ronan says sarcastically, now smirking.

"Oh but you were. When we were talking about Blue and I, you got pretty involved, and pissed," Adam says, now smirking as well.

"Oh yeah Parrish?" Ronan says taking an intimidating step closer. This step pushes their bodies together so that Ronan is pressing Adam against the tree.

Adam's heart is beating fast and he faintly wonders if Ronan can feel it against his chest. Likewise Ronan wonders if Adam can hear his heart beating loudly.

Adam licks his dry, chapped lips. "Yeah, now why is it," He asks. "that you are so involved in my relationships?"

Ronan quickly glances down at Adam lips."You don't have any relationships for me for be involved in."

Adam raises an eyebrow."As far as you know," He whispers.

Adam waits for Ronan's expected reaction of confusion and slight breach in confidence, but that never happens. Instead Ronan smirks and bends his head to whisper in Adam's ear,"If you were with someone else, I would have noticed." Ronan's lips brush against Adam skin as he pulls away to look Adam in the eyes.

Adam's reaction on the other hand is exactly as Ronan was hoping for. Adam stays pressed between the tree and Ronan, their fronts' against one another. Adam's eyes are bright and shiny, his heart is beating, and his knees have grown weak.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Adam asks breathlessly. Squirming he shifts his eyes away from Ronan's and looks away. Ronan stops this by placing his hands by each of Adam's shoulders on the tree. Ronan's sudden movements around Adam causes him to snap up and look Ronan in the face.

"Sometimes I think that I watch you too closely," Ronan breathes hotly. "But then I see how you look at me just as closely." Ronan smiles in a happy yet smug way.

Adam flicks his eyes between Ronan's lips and his eyes. "You're delusional," Is all Adam manages to whisper. He feels the harsh wood against his back, and the intimidating warmth of Ronan against his front.

Ronan brushes his lips against Adam's ear."Prove it," He breathes.

Adam shudders in response. Ronan pulls back from his ear to examine his friend. Adam stares back. What does that mean? Adam thinks dizzily. What does any of this mean?

Ronan stares at Adam in confusion for the next few seconds."You don't get it do you?" Ronan says, suddenly feeling and appearing defeated.

Adam observes the new changes in Ronan and suddenly feels all to guilty. Why he feels guilty he doesn't understand. "What do you mean Lynch?"

Ronan pushes away from Adam. "How can you be so fucking clueless? It's honestly not possible!" He shouts.

Adam is shocked out of his blissed and dizzy sate. "I don't know what your talking about!" Adam hollers back. The pit in his stomach, where his feelings of guilt resides, only grows.

"What the actual fuck Parrish! You're always like this, pretending to not know what's going on when you know damn well what is," Ronan swears angrily.

"Well then why don't you just tell me what it is that I seem to not fucking know about!" Adam swears back.

Ronan glares at Adam before stomping over to him and staring him in the eyes. "Fuck you Parrish," Are the last words Ronan says before crashing his lips against Adam's.

Adam's eyes go wide in shock. He doesn't even respond because he is too stunned. Ronan growls, the last thing he wants is to be kissing a brick. Taking the initiative Ronan decides to make Adam more involved. With a passion Ronan brings his lips from Adam's and then back again. Ronan feels Adam slowly becoming more aware of what is happening. Ronan's first sign through it all that this is going well is Adam closing his eyes. Ronan smirks into the kiss and sucks on Adam's lower lip. This causes Adam to let out the tiniest of moans as he goes weak at the knees. Ronan takes this to his advantage and pushes Adam back up against the tree again.

The new feeling of something stable around him brings Adam fully back to himself. In a snap decision he begins to properly kiss Ronan back. Moving their lips in sync with one another they don't think anymore, they only do as they both please. Adam moves his hands down to Ronan's waist and Ronan begins tugging at his friend's hair. He uses his feet to push Adam's legs farther apart so that he can slip his leg in between and create more friction between the two of them.

Adam lets out a loud moan when Ronan begins pushing and rubbing his leg up and down over Adam's crotch. This causes Ronan to smirk into the kiss even more and continue his actions. Adam blushes but wouldn't wish for anything for this moment to stop. Quickly Adam and Ronan keep at their pace and-

"Hey Ronan, Adam! Are you two back...here..." Blue's voice trails off from the entrance of Cabeswater where she stands with her eyes more fixed on the two boys than the smirk on her face.

"Sorry about the interruption," Blue says with a wide smile on her face. "I'll just go now and leave you two boys to it!" With that she turns around and skips happily down the path and away.

Ronan and Adam look at one another and then at the position that they are in. Both of their eyes go wide before they split apart to run after their happy little friend.

"Blue!","Maggot!" They call in unison while chasing after their laughing friend.
******************************
Wow okay so this chapter was everywhere. Eyyyy sorry about that I guess? I don't know, I'm just hoping you guys have become accustomed to my weird writing ways by now. Also also also! I would like to say that I have this totally awesome girlfriend now who I've been friends with for a long time and I really like her and she makes me happy and I think that it's important for people to be happy no matter if it's with a romantic partner or not, especially around any holidays. Also it is the holidays so if the holidays are your kind of thing then please try to have fun and enjoy them in the best way you can!

But more to the point of this chapter. How was it? Did you all like it? Did the Pynch show up a bit to fast, or was it good? Was the make out scene even written well? Please help. Lol okay that's all for now! Please continue to read, vote, and comment! Happy holidays!
~Stranger

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 227 14
𝐍𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦, 𝐡𝐚𝐝 expected their relationship to bloom the way it had. They had very little in common, never paid mu...
998 5 26
wolfstsr fiction muggle au college au friends to lovers slow burn
104K 2.1K 36
Raven. The only thing she remembers. Raven wakes up in the box just like every other person entering the glade. There's just one thing different. Sh...
481K 10K 55
George Weasley x Ravenclaw OC Contains mature material and sensitive topics such as underage drinking, language, sexual content, and violence - On pa...