Counting Starts (Dantana)

נכתב על ידי Camrencabeyoo

Read to find out עוד

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
final chapter

1

2.5K 43 9
נכתב על ידי Camrencabeyoo

The air was thick and humid as the sun rose over the old Alabama farm. Dani, a seventeen year old high school senior, was in the country kitchen stirring a pot of porridge humming to herself. "Morning sweetie." an elderly man said limping into the room, his walking stick grasped tightly in his hand.

"Hey pops." Dani replied planting a kiss on his cheek. He rolled his eyes at her affection but his pride for his eldest granddaughter shone though.

"So daddy's gone to the train station to pick up your friend's granddaughter and he'll be back for noon. I'm gonna eat breakfast then I have to go help move the hay. Daddy's switching the horses from the north barn to the south barn so it means a hell of a lot of work for us and a pointless venture for him." Dani sighed before scooping out four bowls of porridge. She placed four glasses on the table and filled them with orange juice.

The old man smile gladly accepting the bowl and digging in. "Tyler, Maddie breakfast!" Dani yelled placing the other bowls on the table. After a moment pounding steps could be heard on the stairs and then Tyler sprinted into the room. "Hey speedy calm down. Your food isn't going anywhere." Grandpa joked shaking his head at his only grandson.

"Hey what's with this crap?! You always make pancakes on Mondays. They start the week off right. That's your saying!" Tyler exclaimed staring at his porridge disgusted.

"Okay you're acting like a baby instead of my big brother so buck up kid. We have pancakes school mornings. It is officially the summer holidays now so we have no time for low energy foods. Its work time buddy. We've got hay to be moving!" Dani announced hands on her hips.

She moved to the doorway shouting "Madison get your cute butt down here!" A mumbled 'coming' was enough to satisfy Dani and she took her seat at the table.

Maddie strolled in a few minutes later wearing three quarter length light blue jeans and a checked red shirt. Her hair had been straightened and she wore a light coating of makeup. "What the fuck is on your face?" Tyler grunted peering up from his bowl.
"Language! "Dani and Pops reprimanded immediately.

Maddie's cheeks flushed as she took her seat at the table and she stared into her bowl.
"Is that 'cause that Jesse kid is working here over the summer? You're too young to be breeding in the barn." Tyler murmured popping another spoonful into his mouth.

"Maddie don't listen to him. Tyler she is thirteen. Watch your language!" Pops scolded. "Fine." he sighed rolling his eyes at Dani's glare.

"Anyway the agenda for today is Ty you're on horse duty. Move them from the stables to the bottom field. Maddie you and Jesse can muck out the stables while they're gone. Then I need all of you to check the cows. I'm not sure their water pump is working and it's far too warm to let them get dehydrated." Dani commanded checking over a list on her phone.

"Why can't Dad check the cows? I have my hands full with the horses." Tyler complained draining the contents of his glass.

"Because your father is collecting my friend's granddaughter from the station. Her train arrives at ten so he left a little before eight. Your sister has been up since seven, checking the chickens and making breakfast so stop being obnoxious and get on with it." Pop's said his "anger" not convincing any of his grandchildren.

"Why is she coming here?" Maddie asked stirring the last of her porridge around. "Her grandparents found condoms and weed in her drawer and god forbid she have premarital sex!"
"Tyler!" Dani and Pops once again corrected.

Maddie giggled and scooped up the last spoon of her breakfast. "Okay Ty horses, Maddie stables. I'll go fetch the tractor and trailer and start loading it with the bales. Ace and Jesse are due here at half eight but as its eight forty five now I'm guessing they'll join us at nine. Alright go team go!"

The sun shone down on Dani as she hoisted another bale onto the trailer with an 'Umph!'. She was wearing short dungarees, a white t-shirt and her blonde hair was in two braids, her bangs secured with a red bandana.

I don't care where we sleep tonight

I don't care if it's in or outside

You know what to do

Make a move

Ace sang along with the radio and Dani scoffed before joining in.

You could throw away your phone

Make believe that we're all alone

I'm talking to you

Make a move, 'cause I'm ready

Ace jumped down from the trailer to lift another bale. His white tank top was stuck to his body with sweat and he peeled it off, first removing his baseball cap. He was now only wearing his old frayed jeans, his muscles on show.

" Nice." Dani smirked loading the last bale in that pile with his help and then grabbing two waters from the front of tractor. They both took a swig and leaned against the trailer.

"What was that song you used to sing last summer, like all the time?" Ace asked strolling over to the barn and grabbing his guitar from inside the chipped red door. "Catch me or together?" she replied scooting onto the trailer.

"Together! That was it." he jumped up beside her and began strumming. "Ace we have to get back to work!" Dani grumbled with no real conviction. "Oh one quick song won't hurt darling. Come on sing."

This country air was awful. The humidity was doing horrid things to her hair and she was actually sweating. Santana Lopez never sweated but it was this darn humidity. Her boots were finding great difficulty wading through the grass, trying to avoid the piles of feces. She was wearing her tight black leather pants and a white crop top, her flat abdominal showing.

Mr. Harper had sent her down the field to find Danny. Whoever Danny she hoped he would tell her to take it easy. Her new grey ankle boots were ruined as it was.

Suddenly as she neared the large red barn music could be heard. Two soft voices were singing along to a guitar melody.

Do you remember at all?

People walking hand-in-hand, hand-in-hand

Can we feel that love again, can we feel love again?

Can you imagine it all, imagine it all?

If we all could get along

Then we all could sing this song together.

When the singers came into view Santana was pleasantly surprised to see a pretty blonde perched on a tractor trailer, a huge grin on her face as she sang. Her shorts revealed two perfect legs topped with classic cowboy boots. Santana rolled her eyes. What Hill-Billy land was she in.

She made her final steps so she was close to them and then cleared her throat. "Hello?"

"Oh hey." The blonde said hopping down from the tractor, her braids swinging in the process. Santana glanced over to the dark hair boy who was sitting, topless, abs glistening, strumming a guitar.

"Danny is it?" she asked him raising an eyebrow. "I'm Dani." the blonde said tucking her hands into her dungaree pockets.
"And I'm Adam but everyone calls me Ace." he smirked proffering his hand first wiping it on his jeans. Santana shook it giggling and batting her lashes. Dani rolled her eyes, god damn city kids.

"So are you the girl staying with us for the summer?" Dani asked making the snap decision she didn't like this girl standing in front of her. From one look you could see her only priority was herself.(Not that Dani didn't appreciate the tight trousers or hit of skin but still).

"The one and only. The names Santana." Santana kept her gaze locked on Ace.
"Right okay. Well Santana why don't you go change into something more casual and then you can help move these bales." Dani said moving back to pile in the barn.

"These are my most casual clothes." Santana said confused.
Dani turned to her in complete shock. "I ... They're ... What...Okay." she finally stuttered. "Right in that case follow me to the house and you can borrow something of mine. Your boots will not help you at all."
Dani turned and threw Ace the keys to the tractor. "Have these unloaded and an empty trailer by the time we get back." Dani commanded stomping toward the house. Santana winked at Ace wiggling her fingers at him before following Dani.

Dani slowed down to wait for Santana who was once again struggling with the grass.
"So is that your brother or boyfriend?" Santana asked after a minute.
"What?" Dani responded confused.
"Well you've gone all protective Momma bear. So brother or boyfriend?" Santana said smugly.

"Neither." Dani answered focused on walking to the house. "He's just been my best friend since we were kids."

"Oh but you want more? That's why you're all jealous isn't it?" Santana grinned. Dani burst out laughing, stopping and holding her stomach. "Me and Ace... Never! Let's just say I bat for the other team." Dani explained when Santana looked confused.

"Oh so you're a queer?" Santana asked with an air of disgust.

Dani looked at her, eyes narrowing. "No I'm not a 'queer'. I am in fact a lesbian. I do prefer lady parts. But I am not a 'queer'. So please keep your homophobic thoughts to yourself." Dani snarled and strode forward leaving Santana to stumble along behind her.
This was going to be a long summer.

Okay so this story isn't mine I just wanted to post it because I think it's so good and I think it deserves to be out here

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

14.6K 375 23
just some naya rivera × reader stories! gxg open to requests
34.5K 921 56
Steffie, a 20-year-old, applied psychology student, gets important news, which changes her life.
54.6K 2.5K 19
Read and find out.
13.7K 469 14
SEQUEL TO MY EVERYTHING - if you haven't read My Everything then I suggest you read that before reading this. Ps. A ton of Brittana fluff. I DO NOT O...