Oh My Virginia

By venusix

Virginia: A feminine given name derived from the Latin word Virgo, meaning 'maiden' or 'virgin'. But Virginia... More

oh my virginia
||prologue||
||one||
||three||
||four||
||five||
||six||
||seven||
||eight||
||nine||
||ten||
||eleven||
||twelve||
||thirteen||

||two||

3.5K 142 56
By venusix

C h a p t e r  T w o

I looked at Troye through the bookshelves, hoping that he wouldn't spot me. Yes, as of right now, I was being one of those creepy lovesick girls stalking their crush, hiding behind a bookshelf every time he turns around. The only difference was that I wasn't lovesick. And that Troye wasn't my crush.

Okay, maybe I was lovesick, but not for Troye.

What could have possibly ended me up in this situation, you ask?

You see, while I was having lunch just now, My genius self had decided to find out what exactly Troye likes. Then, at least while he was tutoring me, I could strike a conversation or two. I came to the library without the intention of being in this situation, but the second I saw him here, I decided that this was my chance. So, I seized it.

So here I was, on my tippy-toes, trying to get a view of the book he was currently skimming through, only to be greeted with a view of his muscular back.

In an attempt to tip-toe even more, if that was possible, I used the weight of the shelf to push myself up, finally getting a view of the book he was skimming through.

I leaned forward, trying to make out the words printed on the old yellow pages of the book, only to effectively shake the entire bookshelf. I lost my grip on the bookshelf, and landed on the floor with a loud thud, along with five other books that had fallen out of its place in the bookshelf.

Great job, Virginia. Just fantastic.

The librarian shushed me, reminding me to be as quiet as possible because I was in a library. I picked up the books on the floor, one of them catching my eye.

As I reached my hand out to pick it up, another hand suddenly appeared, picking the book up before I even had a chance to read the name of the author.

I immediately looked up, only to meet the gaze of my stalkee.

"Here, let me help you," Troye said, while picking the books up from the floor and returning them back to the shelf where I had been climbing previously.He stretched his hand out towards me, to help me get up from the floor. I took his hand, and he pulled me up with much, much more force than needed, causing me to slam into his hard chest.

Did I look that heavy?

The second he realized what position we were in, he immediately stepped back, letting me stand on my own two feet rather than leaning onto him for support.

"Thank you," I said, not allowing any signs of embarrassment or oh-shit-he-caught-me show. I gave him a cool glance, thrusting my hand out to shake his hand in a business like manner.

He looked at my hand, and then at me, cluelessly. When I still said nothing, his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

"I'm Virginia, and you'll be tutoring me Physics. I believe we have yet to meet, so I look forward to receiving your help." I stated, in the most businesslike voice I could muster, hoping he didn't remember the five-second almost conversation that was a major failure.

"Actually, we already did meet. Yesterday, in class, remember? I vaguely remember you sitting on Aria's seat. I'm Troye." Troye shook my hand and smiled at me, "Mrs Peterson told me that I had to discuss when and where exactly to tutor you."

Damn it, he wasn't supposed to remember. God, that was embarrassing.

"Do you want to go outside? The library is a little to quiet to discuss." I whispered, for a dramatic effect, hoping he would be convinced to come outside with me.

He nodded and started leading the way, swiftly walking through the many bookshelves that was inside the library. Soon enough, we stepped out of the air-conditioned room, to be greeted with a cold breeze.

As if it wasn't cold enough in the library.

I hugged my jacket tighter around myself, wrapping my arms around myself to provide warmth. I looked at Troye expectantly, waiting for him to say something.

"Football practice is usually on Monday and Wednesday afternoon, and I won't be free this Friday, I have a football match and an after party that same night. Are you free tomorrow?" Troye asked, his voice orotund, full and deep.

  • • •

We had already decided that for this week, we aren't having any tutoring sessions because none of us were free. Tomorrow was Thursday and I have an afternoon shift at the diner, making it impossible for us to meet because our schedules clashed.

I got a job after breaking up with Chase. Realizing that my schedule was very empty, I decided to fill it up by getting a job at a small and unknown diner called Holly's Diner. There weren't many people who visited, but  enough to keep the diner running. There were a lot of regulars, so that helped a lot. It was a good place to work at because I had an average pay, and it wasn't a tiring job. There wasn't anyone from school who ever visited, making it a perfect spot for me to spend most of my free time.

I was going to the party on Friday, and try to seduce Troye, hoping he'd at least drink a little.

That would make it so much easier.

I opened my Physics textbook, trying to make sense of the words and formulas that were printed in a multitude of colors: black for text, blue for definitions and red for formulas. Several shades of green, yellow and pink were carelessly highlighted, making the certain words stand out.

Focus!

This happens all the fucking time. I'd try to make an effort to study, only to be distracted by millions of different things. Suddenly, the plain white walls of my bedroom seemed so interesting. There were marks and chipped paint left by pictures that were ripped out of place. Each 'scar' on the wall had its own picture-perfect memory that was attached to it. Now that the pictures had been ripped out, the chipped paint and marks could finally be seen, previously being hidden by the picture-perfect memory that had been concealing it. Pictures of Savannah, Chase and myself.

But those were just pictures.

Nothing but pictures.

  • • •

I watch as Mrs Peterson write yet another formula on the board, telling us all to memorize it.

I look to my left, seeing Troye diligently scribbling notes as Mrs Peterson spoke, his eyes constantly darting between his textbook and the board.

What was he even taking down as notes for Physics?

I never took down notes. Not for Math, not for English and certainly not for Physics. Why would you need to copy notes when everything is already printed in the textbook? Wasn't that what textbooks were used for?

I briefly wondered if Troye would actually be using god forbid- notes, to try get me to understand the concepts and definitions of Physics? I certainly hope not. I was absolutely adamant about using notes. They were pointless and served no purpose.

Troye's head suddenly turned to the right, his bright brown eyes meeting my dull ones. I whipped my head to the front so fast my neck actually cracked. I winced, holding my neck in pain while trying to keep a straight face.

"You know, I can tell that you're staring. For like the past twenty minutes." Troye suddenly whispered, leaning his head forward to get my attention.

Oh, shit. What should I do? Should I play it cool? Do I respond? Fuck, should I just pretend like I didn't hear him? Oh my god, this has to be the most embarrassing situation I have ever been in for my-

"Virginia? You can't just pretend you didn't hear me, you know." Troye whisper-yelled, waving a hand in front of my face obviously trying to get my attention.

Oh god, what do I do? I can't pretend I didn't hear him or see his hand! That would literally be the stupidest thing I could-

"I wanted to ask for a pen." My mouth suddenly blurted out, my head turning to face him without permission from my brain.

Why did I say that? That's the lamest excuse ever! I'm such a fucking idiot. Trust my mouth to make things harder than it should be.

"So it took you twenty minutes to ask for a pen?" Troye said, his eyebrows raised and his large eyes filled with doubt. His gaze flickered to my table, concentrating on something before the corner of his mouth tilted upwards to form a smirk.

"Besides don't you have enough pens already?" Troye pointed out, his hand motioning towards the number of pens in different colors and shades, all over my desk. I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks as I looked down, murmuring something incomprehensible under my breath, pretending to be completely engrossed in my textbook instead of feeling like I wanted to be swallowed up by a hole right now.

My brain felt the need to slam my head onto my desk in embarrassment, so being the absolute airhead I was, I slammed my head on my table. Hard. Resulting in a loud thud to echo in the quiet classroom.

"Motherfucker," I whisper-yelled, not realizing that it would hurt so much.

What the heck was the table made out of? Steel?

I rubbed my head, wincing in pain as I slowly lifted my head from the desk, only to see thirty pairs of eyes looking at me.

I widened my eyes as I looked at the expressions fitted across the gazes of the students.

Annoyance, amusement, questioning, and boredom.

"Sorry," I squeaked out, unable to meet the gazes of the students. I was beyond embarrassed. My cheeks were heated, my face warm and I was pretty sure I looked similar to that of a baboon's ass.

I spared a glance at Troye, seeing amusement in his eyes, his mouth titled up to form a smirk that never left his face.

Once again, I shut my eyes and slammed my head on the table in embarrassment.

You fucking idiot.

    • • •

  I scanned my eyes through the crowd, searching for a certain brown hair brown eyed boy that happened to be my target for tonight.

Please let tonight work, I prayed to myself. I hoped things played out smoothly and it wouldn't be a failure. I never failed in a seducing a drunk guy before, and I don't intend on letting my last target be a failure.

The football team had won, as usual, and I was currently at the after party, skillfully avoiding Chase and at the same time searching for Troye.

When I finally found Troye, I immediately made a drink for him and stumbled towards him drunkenly, plopping next to him on the couch. Apparently, it was a little to close for comfort for him, and he moved to the other side of the couch.

I pouted at him, feeling sad that I just got rejected to be his couch-buddy.

So this guy could intentionally make me uncomfortable in class but the slightest touch immediately turns him into an uncomfortable seven year old?

"Don't be like that, Troye. You know you want it." I slurred, leaning towards him and resting my head on his lap, staring at his brown eyes that were currently widened, looking huge.

He took the drink out of my hand. "I think you've had enough," Troye stated firmly, before pushing me back up into a sitting position. I crossed my legs in a lotus position, my red dress hiking up my thighs, exposing more than it should be. "Hey, how'd you know that drink was for you?" I said, my eyes wide as he uncomfortably shifted away from me.

"You should sit properly, Virginia." He choked out, clearing his throat as he diverted his eyes away from me.

"Why, is it making you uncomfortable?" My drunken self asked him, leaning closer to him as he scooted away to the corner of the couch. Right now, it probably looked like we were about to kiss. My arms were firmly planted on the couch on the sides of him, my body dangling above him with my knees supporting my weight.

Just as I was leaning closer and closer, watching his eyes get even wider, if that was possible, I suddenly felt tired. Extremely tired. My knees felt like jelly, and suddenly couldn't hold the weight of my body. My eyes snapped shut as I dropped onto Troye, my body limp.

And I passed out.

    • • •

a/n: i hope you enjoyed this chapter! soon enough you'll find out why troye was given the title of a 'nerd' at school! so be patient! :-)

please vote if you enjoyed the chapter and comment if you want to say something! thank you so much for reading my book! also, please point out any mistakes!

xo, venus

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 8.7K 25
Autumn King is a 21 year old junior at Fairendell University. She is the captain of the soccer ball team. Autumn King is a player at heart. She slee...
27.3M 1.1M 102
Hera was a virgin a virgin in every sense, she had never had a drink, had a boyfriend, gone to a club, had sex, smoked or done drugs. She was an ange...
67K 1.4K 44
Book completed✓ NOT A HORROR BOOK There are 6 of them. All devilishly sexy, popular and all have something in common, their desire for virgins. She...
41.4K 1.1K 16
*(lauren/you/camila)* gxg Y/n had never understood the world's obsession with romantic relationships, no matter how hard she tried. Lover after love...