Wolf-Blood (Harry Potter FanF...

By CrimsonShadow2

BOOK 1 Having a werewolf and an animagus for parents might sound cool, but if you become the strange genetic... More

The New 3rd Year
Foreword
Care Of Magical Creatures
Hospital Wing
In Hagrid's Hut
A Honey Badger Chasing A Rabbit
Professor Lupin
Picking A Fight
Black
Injuries
The Quidditch World Cup
Messing With Her Head
The Death Mark
Hogwarts Express
Pranking Ron
The Goblet Of Fire
Plan D
Scarlets Help
Dance Practice
Asking Fred
"He's Gonna Say No!" One would say.
Dressing Fancy
The Yule Ball
Piercing Skin and Flesh
Astronomy Tower
The Third Task
In Dumbledore's Office
Grimmauld Place
Nightmares
The 15 Year Wait
Rooms
Yellow
Harry's Arrival
On The Train
Umbridge
Detention With A Toad
Monster
Tracking Scent
Under Water
Lovegood
Dumbledore's Army: A Recruitment
Rebel
Room Of Requirement
Dumbledore's Army: First Meeting
Stupefy
Cho Chang
Mucking Around
Mucking Around II
Her Worries
"Can I call you..."
Jones
"Can I call you..." II
Back At Grimmauld Place
Hazelnut and Mr Weasley
Detention With Draco
Death Eater
The Patronus Charm
The Retard Squad
Because You Know Deep Down You Deserved To Be Punished
A Public Display
Hogsmeade
The Quidditch Final
Destructive Departure
Taking Flight
Department of Mysteries
Two Down Two to Go!
Silence and Despair
Such A Specimen
Smokey-Minty
Quidditch Tryouts
Quite The Collection
Facing Reality
Just A Few More Days...
Girl Talk
The Party
Another Weasley
The Hungarian Horntail
Hope You Are Okay
Best Present Ever
Stolen
Smudged Ink
Home
Full Moon Newbie
Awkward
The Lightning-Struck Tower
A/N : The End
The Sequel is Out

Full Moon's Howl

2K 48 2
By CrimsonShadow2

Scarlet much preferred to travel with a broom rather than apparating. She had taken her exam before the others so that she could travel from Hogsmeade to Romainia. She felt sick in the stomach and decided she wouldn't go into The Three Broomsticks for a refreshment, however as she paused at the door to the pub she saw through the window a friendly face. She opened the door and placed her luggage on a small table and walked towards her father. She walked up behind him and hugged him around his shoulders.

"What are you doing here?" She laughed glad to see him.

"Take a seat and I'll tell you." He smiled and kissed her cheek, the way her father used to.

Scarlet took a seat opposite Remus and looked at him intently. Both of them were tired and exhausted, it was a full moon tonight. She ordered a butterbeer and then again looked at Remus, waiting for him to say something. He was looking at her with a look of concern on his face, his eyes not leaving hers he took a sip of his butterbeer.

"What happened to your eye?" He asked simply and leaned forward.

"What about it?" Scarlet shrugged her shoulders.

"Scarlet." He nodded his head to the side, and she knew she couldn't keep this from him.

"I was attacked by a Hungarian Horntail..." She said meekly and avoided his eyes.

"What!" He spat his drink out in shock.

Wiping her face with her sleeve she continued, "It was an accident, it was turning around and it's tail hit me..."

"Where else are you injured? You couldn't have made it out with just a wound to your face."

Scarlet rolled up her sleeve and revealed her injured arm. There was fresh skin that was torn, but mended with magic and pulled back over her arm. The skin was new and pink. Over this an almost spiderweb like pattern of skin grew over her the new skin and it was as black as night. It looked painful. All throughout her left arm there was large dints, (kinda like cup holders) from where the spines of the Horntail had punctured her. Remus gasped in shock.

"Hey, don't worry about me, it will heal I've got the potion, and plus for now it comes handy my own personal ink pot or quill holder or wand holder," she tried to laugh convincingly but it was hard with that look on his face, "Anyway you were gonna tell me why your here." She rolled her sleeve down and took another sip of her butterbeer.

"Scarlet..." Remus started.

"Fine if you don't want to tell me, I'll just leave." She grunted.

"Scarlet I'm going to tell you just please don't get defensive, I'm only worried about you." He leaned forward and his eyes spoke louder than his words.

"I'm sorry..." She mumbled weakly.

"Dumbledore sent me to try and converse with the werewolves, but I need a break there way of living, well they embrace being a werewolf, is hard and I need a break." He whispered.

"Oh okay..." Scarlet drank in his words.

"But I couldn't have picked a better time, they live underground, I've forgotten what the day it is." He sighed and pulled his hands through his hair.

Now that Scarlet had a better look at him, it looks almost as if he was fading. His hair was thinning and there was grey strands. His was pale and it looked as though it was difficult for him to breathe. The colour was fading from his skin and the scar on his face was more prominent. Looking at her reflection in the glass, she too looked like she was fading. Now that she had seen herself, she felt weaker, and her limbs felt heavy. It had to be the effects of the upcoming full moon.

"Are you transforming in the Forbidden Forest?" Scarlet asked quietly. This would mean she'd be joining someone in a transformation.

"No, I have had Wolfsbane potion, I won't be a monster tonight..." He yawned and though he didn't mean it, Scarlet felt like she was punched in the gut.

"I have to get back to Hogwarts..." She stood up and without eye contact made her way towards the door.

Remus reached out and grabbed her hand, "You know I'd never call you a monster, it's just your furry little problem." She looked away from him, "Your mother use to call it that, so did James." And with that he let her go.

---

"What do you mean I'm not allowed in?" Scarlet growled at the Fat Lady. Despite her repeating the correct password to the Gryffindor common room, the stupid portrait wouldn't let her in.

"A new paintings been hung in the castle and the lady in their is just dying to meet you." The Fat Lady cooed.

"She can meet me another time, I'm busy. Now let me in!" Scarlet snarled and bared her teeth.

"Not until you meet the new painting." She tutted.

"Fine! Where is it?" Scarlet rolled her eyes and the Fat Lady gave her the directions to the new painting.. Scarlet stormed off.

After her quick walk Scarlet stopped in front of the supposed painting. The painting had an elaborate gold frame and a background of watermelon red. A young women was painted there, with long hair and beautiful eyes, the girl stared down at Scarlet.

"The Fat Lady sent me here, what do you want?" Scarlet grumbled.

"Are you the wolf-blood girl?" She replied sweetly.

"Yes..."

"Oh great I have some questions for you." She smiled warmly, "What's your favourite flower?"

"My what?"

"Favourite flower."

'What is the point of this?' Scarlet thought, "I don't know I like roses, cause they're pretty but they have thorns."

"I see," The. painted lady said nodding, "And who is your crush?"

"That's... Complicated..."

"How so?"

"I mean I like Fred but I like Charlie and I think they both like me and then there's George. Who is being mysterious but a complete troll. ButI still like Fred, but Charlie is... But then there's, and I don't know how or why. But it's like one of those subtle crushes that never go away. And he's become so good looking all of a sudden..." Scarlet vented, which did her some good.

"Complicated sums it up very well, what's your favourite lesson?"

"When Hagrid taught us about the Threstrals last year, but I also quite liked the lesson we had with McGonagall when Umbridge was interrogating the classrooms and she got wrecked by McGonagall." Scarlet smiled remembering those times.

"Favourite teacher?"

"Professor Lupin, definitely Lupin." Scarlet nodded enthusiastically.

"Now to my next question. Professor Snape: hawt or naw?"

"Eww, defiantly naw." Scarlet choked with laughter.

"Thor or Captain America?"

"Are they those muggle superheroes in comics? Uhh... Captain America."

"Bae= Poop or Love?"

"Bae stands for Bacon and Eggs." Scarlets stomach growled.

"Apple or Samsung?"

"Apple?"

"Sunset or Sunrise?"

"Sunset on every other day than a full moon. Full moons are the only time I like the sunrise." This question dampened Scarlets mood.

"Kutut or Rhonda?"

"Well they're both Hufflepuffs and they make a great couple, but Kutut's more loyal to Rhonda."

"Sleep or eat?"

"They're both pretty important but I like sleeping more."

"Who's your best friend?"

"I don't know, Luna and I get along well." This question was hard for Scarlet.

"And your favourite person?"

"I don't want to answer that." Scarlet mumbled and then walked back towards the Gryffindor common room. The truth was she couldn't choose between her father and Remus. Both meant so much to her and both were a father to her.

---

Throwing her luggage roughly against her four-poster frame she held out her wand and summoned a guild, some ink and a piece of parchment. She enchanted the quill to write on its own, and the parchment to read the message in her voice. She howled.

---

Scarlet made her way to the Forbidden Forest, and waited for a ray of moonlight. She was exhausted and wanted this night to be over. She knew that this full moon was going to be a weak one but she wasn't going to bother trying to control herself. She needed a break. She needed to uncork all her bottled emotions and what a better time than now. A transformation would allow her to forget everything that was troubling her. A single ray of light found its way to the forest floor. The clouds had parted and her transformation could soon begin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86 4 9
The young Malfoy wants nothing more than to be a normal child, free of family politics and pressure but the world has different plans. Stuck in the...
407K 10.2K 78
"Always and forever." That's what her family lived by when they were human until forced to become the first vampires to walk the Earth. Alexia Mikael...
Halley By Em

Fanfiction

23.5K 1.1K 48
Book 3 in the Generations Series '"We have got some big shoes to fit into Jamesie, we are holding the legacy of the Marauders, and Fred and George on...