The 15 Year Wait

Scarlet woke up the next morning a little too early. She ate a piece of toast and then sat at the front door.

Wolf ears perked up and her tail thumping the floor. She sat their staring at the door, she didn't even respond to Kreacher's nagging.

"Scarlet! What on earth are you doing?" Sirius had woken up and spotted Scarlet sitting at the door.

"Huh?" Scarlet jumped and turned around, as a wolf. The shock transformed her.

"They're not going to be here for hours, why don't we do some-"

"No we are not cleaning!" She interrupted him.

"What happened to your back?" He noticed the three massive cuts in her back.

"Oh... Umm... Don't you remember you were there when Lupin lost it..." She transformed back.

"Yeah but... Lets do something..." He changed the subject.

"Can I go to Gringotts?" She blurted out.

"What?" He was surprised, "Why?"

"I want to get something out of my vault... Duh..." She said in an isn't-it-obvious tone.

"But-" He was cut off.

"You can come but you'll have to be a dog." She quickly added.

"Sure, hopefully by the time we get back it won't be long till they get here."

Yes! Scarlet jumped up and ran to her room.

"Where are you going?" He yelled from the bottom if the stairs.

"Getting my keys!" She called back from the room.

She rummaged through her stuff and she finally found her keys. However, this cost her, the room was now a mess again.

Oh well... She ran back down the stairs.

"Lets go!" She got to the door and opened it to a cold, misty street.

"Alright..." Sirius growled from behind her, "By the way, when we're out call me PadFoot." The dog walked to her side.

"Okay... PadFoot!" She pet him on the head and locked the door behind her.

---

After three hours of venturing in Diagon Alley, Sirius and Scarlet finally returned.

"Thanks for letting me go to Gringotts dad." She smiled and locked the door, not noticing what she had called Sirius.

"What?" He looked at her confused.

"Oh did I... I didn't mean to I just... I'm sorry... It's just..." She stuttered.

"It's okay." He smiled.

"I'm sorry but you remind me a bit of my father... He was an animagi too..." She blushed.

"No worries, just try not to call that when everyone gets here..." He laughed.

"I won't!" She skipped up the stairs carrying two large parcels.

"Hey! I want to see what these mysterious objects are." He laughed as she stumble back down the stairs.

Thunk! She dropped the parcels on the table. They were both quite large parcels but one was smaller than the other. She waved her hands over them and bit her lip.

"How about the small one first." Sirius prompted.

"Okay." And she dragged the small parcel towards her.

The brown paper teared easily and revealed a large stack if books. As the books scattered on the table a small piece of parchment fell out from the middle of the books. She unfolded the parchment slowly and she saw her fathers writing. It was all in capitals. The parchment read:

My Beautiful Daughter, Scarlet

I understand that it was a long wait before you got the chance to open this. I also apologise, that I may or may not be around when you open this. Hopefully your mother will share this experience with you or if not you are surrounded by friends. Now to the point, the 15 books you see before you are your presents for every year. Happy 15th Birthday my dear. I know that you have always enjoyed the many large and dangerous beasts of our wizarding world, so I hope you enjoy these old books on dragons, as they were your favourite. I have always loved you and I'm sorry the Dark Lord got in the way of our family. May my love for you stay with you for eternity.

Your Father, Drax

A single tear rolled from her eye. She hugged the parchment and pulled the books close to her to observe the covers. Dragons; A Beginner's Guide, The Dragon Encyclopaedia, Dragons; Our Language and Theirs, The Book Of Dragons, were just a few of the book titles.

"I love them..." She smiled, as if her father was there in front of her.

"So the next one is from your mother." Sirius guessed.

And as he guessed the next piece of parchment told them that he was correct. On top of the parcel it had an envelope, which Scarlet read before she opened the parcel.

Scarlet,

I probably will not be here for you when you open this. Happy Birthday my beautiful cub. The gift I have given you is very strong and will protect you when I am not their. Indestructible to all magic I hope you like it.

Lenora

As Scarlet opened the parcel she saw flickers of silver and red. When finally opened it revealed a beautifully forged set of silver armour. The words carved upon it in red, read:

The Red Wolf Howls At The Scarlet Moon

Scarlet smiled and as if her mother was there she spoke, "Thanks..."