Vivan Love Story

By himannshuarrora

"Love is not something which one can possess. It can only be felt by giving and not expecting anything" was t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 5

61 5 0
By himannshuarrora

I was sitting in the clinic. It was already 6pm, and I was almost done with my schedule but my mind was not at rest throughout the day. After I have seen all the patients, I was waiting for her to show up. And I was looking at each patient with the hope that it would be her. But I knew I was just making a fool of myself.

'Stop it. She is not going to come,' I said to myself.

Finally, I packed my bags, heading towards the car parking space when suddenly some thoughts entered my mind. I turned and ran towards inside...

"Nurse, nurse," I shouted, having seen Sheela in the corridor.

"Yes, doctor," she said and turned.

"I need your help," I said, adjusting myself.

"Yes."

"Could you bring the log book for yesterday's body claim details?" I asked.

"Anything important doctor?" she asked.

"Yes. Could you please bring it to my office," I requested.

In the next five minutes, Sheela arranged the book for me while I waited for her in the clinic.

"Anything else, doctor?" she asked while handing over the book to me.

"No, that would be fine. Thanks, nurse," I said and opened it.

'How the hell can you forget to check her name and address in the log. How stupid can you be,' I cursed myself.

I turned the pages with excitement and my search stopped at one entry.

Diseased name- Mr. Miyaz Ahmed

Date of demise- 15/10/2015

Age- 69

Relatives- 1

Name of relatives- Sayra Ahmed

Address- House number 294B, Pratap Kunj.

Opposite to Karol Bagh Railway station

Karol Bagh, New Delhi

Phone number- N.A

'Sayra,' I murmured. A brisk of smile and blush appeared on my face

In another few minutes I left the hospital, but I wasn't at rest; my mind was repeating her name every second.

'Sayra, Sayra, Sayra-Vivan, Vivan-Sayra....Sayra,' I was taking her name when my phone rang. It was Aman.

"Hey, where are you, bro? We are waiting for you at Studmac's," he shouted.

"Coming. Coming. I am on my way," I replied excitedly.

"What happened? Did you get promoted? You sound so happy?" he asked.

"I will tell you when I get there," I said and disconnected.

There was something different about the air today. Everything was a bit more colorful, a bit rainier, a bit saltier, a bit sweeter.

I was standing at a red light in front of Indian habitat center when a small girl came near to the car's window. She was selling red roses.

"How much for one?" I asked, smiling at her

"10 rupees for one," she replied, passing me one rose with the hope that I will buy.

"And how much for all of them?" I asked.

"All?" she asked with her eyes wide open.

"Yes, all of them. Give me all of them," I said and gave her a 500-rupee note considering that would be the price

She passed on the whole bunch to me

"Wait, do you have some friends here?" I stopped her.

"Yes, I have many," she replied.

"Ok then. Give all these roses to them from me and this too," I said and kissed her forehead and drove away.

The small girl kept looking at my car amazed, happy and with teary eyes.

"Oh man. Delhi is beautiful," I shouted.

It started raining slowly. October was never so beautiful.

I turned on the radio. Added to my feelings was the song from Kishore Kumar, "Han pehli baar", being played.

After 20 minutes I stopped the car in front of Studmac pub and entered inside. I found both Aman and Vikrant laughing and waved at me when they saw me.

I reached near them and took a seat.

"So guys what's up?" I asked.

"You tell us what's up with you. You seem to be too happy," Aman said.

"Nothing. Everything is same as it is," I tried to act but I knew I was blushing.

"What happened bro? I am getting worried about you," Vikrant said

I told them about my feelings for Sayra

After listening to me they looked at each other and then at me.

"What? Are you going to say something or not?" I asked after waiting for some time for them to speak up.

"Are you out of your mind, buddy?" Vikrant asked.

"Of course he is," Aman added.

"Bro, do you know what are you talking about? Every day we hear some or other news about communal violence, love jihad, beef ban, and so much crap. And you are saying you are...? I mean...come on man, there are so many more girls," Vikrant said.

"She was wearing a burka, dude. Burka...we don't go that road, especially with Burka. I mean... Ok, we have some movies like "Ranjhana", but you don't need to get too inspired from it. We also have movies like "Bombay". Remember communal riots, and even in Ranjhana; the guy didn't get the girl. My brother, don't take this road. I mean, man these movies... these are the real culprits. Vivan, Bhai no, and no means no," Aman added.

"Why are you guys overreacting?" I asked, irritated.

"Sala, we are overreacting? And you are normal? Abe, you tell me...tell me one couple you have seen with Hindu and Muslim, especially Muslim girl and Hindu boy?" Vikrant argued.

"Leave it. I am not having this discussion," I replied rudely and stood up.

"Dude, if you take this path one day you will be sitting here alone. Not because we would have left you, but because we would be done helping you. But at that time you will be cursing yourself having not listened to us before," Aman said with full emotions.

"Lol. Done helping me? Hahahahaha," I broke into laughter seeing his expression. I was joined by Vikrant.

"Bro, this is a bit too much. I agree with Vivan," Vikrant said, laughing out loud.

"When one has asshole friends like you, what's the need of enemy?" Aman cursed us and stood up.

"Ok...ok sit down," I insisted him.

"Bro, first of all, I said that I looked at her once and it felt very real. I don't know anything about her. And I don't know why, but maybe the thought that she is alone in this world makes me attracted to her," I said.

"Ok, I got it now. I mean, the real problem," Aman said, in between.

"And that is?" I asked, looking at him and waiting for him to speak.

"The problem is not "Ranjhana" or "Bombay"; the problem is this Mahesh Bhatt movie. One lonely hero or heroine in this lone world, good background music and you feel attached to the situation. Sala, I am telling you that all this is because of this Bollywood movie," he declared.

"Here we go again. Bhai mere (my brother), there is nothing like this. All I am saying is that it could be nothing; it could be something. I just felt something strong...that's it," I said.

"You do one thing; contact and meet with her. Maybe after meeting her you won't feel the way you are now," Vikrant suggested.

"Are you helping him or pushing him towards the situation?" Aman asked.

"He is not going to stop; you know that. It is better that he meets with this girl, try to know her and then maybe he will understand how difficult it is," Vikrant added.

"And what if he develops feelings for her?"

"I don't know. Maybe he needs to wait. Maybe he changes his mind after meeting her, or maybe that girl has not lost her mind like him and will stop him or convince him to back off," Vikrant suggested.

"I admit; Vikrant has a point. And in any case, I should at least meet her once to know if she is all right, and if she needs any kind of help," I said.

"Do what you feel like, but remember to avoid this. This is my suggestion," Aman gave up.

"Ok dude, I will take care of your concerned suggestions," I replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.8K 5.6K 53
"All the dreams that I ve seen for us will come true ,the only difference is that I won't be there in any of them" She had lost her parents in the mo...
2.2M 85.8K 72
Preeti is a simple girl like every indian girl. Her parents fixed her marriage to Siddharth who lives in America. Siddharth and her family came Preet...
20.3K 817 29
"That's Vivaan Trivedi. His parents are good friends of ours. Aditi," my mom's face was open with regret as she spoke, "we're going to arrange your m...
41K 1.7K 30
Sona is scared. No one has ever given her a reason not to be, not that she has ever let anyone in for that. Sona has always carefully planned out her...